Chapter 9

Give Me Your Love

Instead of going home, Gui decided to go to Aaron's house. On her way there, she had decided to let him explain to her. It was dark when she arrived at his house. She rang the doorbell but he wasn't home. She sat on his porch swing and soon drifted to sleep.

Aaron returned to Hebe. She stared at him and smiled. She was glad that he did not return with Wu Ying Jie. Hebe didn't like the Wu family because of their parents' past. Hebe grew up to hate the Black Society and people who are associated with West Side. Aaron and Hebe talked for hours. It was half past two, when Aaron dropped Hebe and off and returned home.

He didn't notice Gui on his porch swing, until Gui started to move. He turned around and saw a figure on the swing. He opened his door and the porch light. He saw Gui shivering in the cold. He noticed that her face was streaked with tears. He picked her up and carried her to the guest room. He watched her sleep. A few minutes later, he was beginning to get tired, so he kissed her lips, before heading back to his room.

The next morning, Aaron had forgotten about Gui. He got dressed for work and ate breakfast. After breakfast he drove to Yan Incorporated. His father was waiting for him in his office. He opened the door and found his father sitting behind his desk.

"Ahem," he said. His father turned and started at him.

"Aaron, how's work?"

"It's fine. How was your trip with Ma?"

"It went well. Ma, is at home. When will you return home?"

"Pa, you know that I can't step foot at home anymore. Remember what happened the last time, you and Ma brought me home?"

"I know, I know, but can't you two siblings reconcile."

"Pa, I really want to return home, but Hei Na doesn't want me back. I'm truly sorry for what happened, but she can't forgive me. I didn't mean to get her dog killed. He was the one who ran after me."

"Ya Lun, please come home for dinner, at least."

"Pa, remember yesterday's family meeting. Hei Na almost killed me."

"You know, today is your mother's birthday."

"Pa, I know. I'm planning on taking Ma out for lunch today. Tell Ma that, okay. And as for me coming home, you'll have to ask Hei Na first." His father sighed and left his office. Aaron felt bad for his parents, but Aaron knew that Hei Na is stubborn and won't let him return. He sighed and got back to work.

He just didn't understand his sister. Because of a dog, she was willing to break the family apart. He busied himself all day. He didn't want to think about his problems.

Gui woke up and found herself sleeping on a bed. She got up and went to the bathroom. After she was done, she went downstairs to find that she was inside Aaron's house. She knew that he had left for work, since it was already 8:30. She left him a note and went home.

When she got home, no one was home and she didn't bring her keys. She sighed and walked over to their company. She smiled at everyone she saw. She walked into Calvin's office. He looked up from his work and saw Gui standing in front of him. He was surprised to see her back so soon. He stared at her and knew that something was wrong.

"What's wrong, Ah Gui?" he asked.

"Nothing. I just forgot my keys and no one was home, so I came to get the house keys from you."

"How was your visit?"

"It was fun. So, can I get the keys? I need to take a shower."

"Oh, here," he said, handing her his keys.

"Don't you need your car keys?" she asked him, holding up his set of keys.

"No, I'll just get a ride from Mao Di," he said. She nodded and left his office. She walked back home and opened the door. She took a warm shower and went to bed. She didn't know why, but she was tired. She slept in all day.

Aaron had forgotten about Gui all day, until he got home. He found a note on his bed. He unfolded the letter and read it to himself.

'Aaron, you already left for work, when I woke up. Sorry for disturbing you last night. I'm going to go home now. I don't want to be a light bulb for you and Hebe. Well, since she's back, I'm pretty sure you would want to be with her. Sorry again.

-Wu Ying Jie-'

Aaron crumpled up the letter and threw it away. He was outraged by the letter. He didn't know why Gui was over reacting to this. He didn't mean to kiss Hebe, it just happened. He changed into casual clothing, grabbed his coat and ran out the door. He needed to find Gui as soon as possible. He drove to Gui's house and bang on the door. Gui was still sleeping, so she didn't answer the door.

Aaron waited until Calvin or Xia Yu returned home. He didn't know how long he waited for, but he knew that he must talk to Gui. Calvin came home to find Aaron sitting on the porch. He walked up to Aaron and noticed that he was sleeping. He tapped Aaron to wake up.

"Aaron, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I came to visit Gui. There was a misunderstanding yesterday," he said.

"Is she not home?" he asked.

"I don't know, but I've been here since this evening."

"Really?" He checked his watch and sighed. "It's already eleven."

"It's okay. I'm willing to wait."

"Um...well, we will have to wait longer. Gui forgot her keys, so she came over and asked for my keys. Sorry. If you were here since this evening and it's already eleven, then where did Gui go?"

"I don't know. I knocked but no one answer the door."

"Let me call Gui and ask where she's at," he said, fishing out his phone. He called Gui, but she wasn't picking up her phone. He tried again, but he got the same response. He decided to call Xia Yu to come home right away.

Thirty minutes later, Xia Yu along with Mao Di pulled up their driveway. Calvin and Aaron stood up and waited for them. Xia Yu laughed when he approached them.

"Did Gui lock you out?" he asked Calvin.

"No, she's not home!" hissed Calvin.

"What do you mean she's not home? I thought that she was coming back today," he said.

"Well, she is back, but she's not home," explained Calvin. "And hurry up and open the damn door. We're freezing out here." Xia Yu laughed and opened the door for them. Calvin and Aaron ran inside the house, while Xia Yu and Mao Di laughed at them.

"It's not funny!" shouted Calvin. "When Gui gets home, she is so dead."

"Hey, you better watch what you're saying," said Xia Yu. Calvin glared at him and went upstairs. "What brings you here?"

"Well, Gui and I got into a misunderstanding yesterday, so I came to talk to her," he said.

"Yesterday?" asked Xia Yu. Calvin came down the stairs, angry.

"Yea, she was back yesterday. She visited me, but we got into a misunderstanding, so yea," said Aaron.

"What's wrong with you, Ge? It seems like you are about to kill someone," said Xia Yu.

"Wu Ying Jie! She is going to pay," he mumbled.

"What about Gui?" asked Mao Di. Xia Yu knew that whenever Calvin used Gui's real name, it means that she is in trouble.

"Yea, what did mei do to you?" asked Xia Yu.

"She is upstairs in her room sleeping. She didn't even open the door for us!" shouted Calvin. "STUPID WU YING JIE!" Gui heard her name being called, so she woke up.

She checked the time and it was half past one. Her eyes widened. 'Oh my goodness, Calvin is going to kill me!' She said to herself, as she left her room. She crept to the stairs and saw four boys downstairs. She gulped and walked downstairs. Calvin saw her and glared at her. She closed her eyes and slowly walked down. She was scared of Calvin at that moment.

Xia Yu also saw Gui and he stared at Calvin. "If looks can kill, you will be dead already." Gui walked up behind him and kept her gaze away from Calvin, who was still glaring at her.

"I'm so sorry," she whispered.

"Mei, did you know how long we have to wait for you?!" shouted Calvin. Gui had never heard Calvin yelled at her before. She was frighten by him.

"I'm sorry Ge. I was sleeping and I didn't hear the doorbell," she said.

"I can't believe you! HOW CAN YOU, WU YING JIE, LOCK US OUT?!" he shouted.

"I'm sorry," she said, tears rolling down her cheeks. Aaron and Mao Di watched as Calvin bashed at Gui. They didn't know what to do.

"Calvin Ge, mei apologized. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean to lock you guys out," he said, then he turned to Gui, "mei, why did you lock them out?"

"Xia Yu Ge, I didn't mean to lock them out. I was so tired, so I went to sleep. I didn't know that they were home," she said. Xia Yu examined her. She looked pale and like she was going to be sick. He touched her forehead, and noticed that she was burning hot.

"Calvin, I think that Gui is getting sick," he said.

"She is just faking it!" shouted Calvin.

"I'm not sick," said Gui. Xia Yu wasn't sure if he should believe Gui.

"Mei, go back upstairs, I will try to calm Calvin down," he said. Gui nodded and went back upstairs, but Calvin held her back.

"You are not going anywhere!" he shouted at Gui. She was frightened by him. He kept on yelling and bashing at him. She could sense his anger. All of a sudden, everything around her was spinning. She didn't know what happened, but all of a sudden, everything was black. She heard her name, but that was it.

"Calvin, I told you she was sick!" shouted Xia Yu. Calvin was sitting on a chair outside of Gui's room. When she fainted, they had rushed her to the hospital. She was no in her room resting.

"I'm sorry," whispered Calvin.

The next morning, Gui was up. She didn't know where she was at. She saw Xia Yu, Aaron, Mao Di and Calvin sleeping on the sofa. She tried to get up, but something pulled her down. She looked down and saw that she was attached to an IV packet. She sighed, waking up the boys. They walked up to her. She gave them a reassuring smile and told them to leave for work. They did as they were told.

At around noon, a young man barged into Gui's room. She didn't know who he was but he was crying.

"Ma, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cause you the trouble," he sobbed. Gui stared at the boy who was crying next to her. She couldn't help it but burst out laughing. He looked up and saw that she wasn't his mom. His face turned bright red. When Gui pulled herself together, she gave him the most heart warming smile.

"Hi, I'm Wu Ying Jie, but you can just call me Gui," she said.

"I'm Huang Hong Sheng, but Xiao Gui is fine," he said. They talked for hours. Gui was starting to like this guy. He was funny and she learned so much about him. Little did she know, Aaron was outside watching her interact with Xiao Gui.