Chapter 6

Give Me Your Love

Gui got up extra early, so that she can sneak out of Wang Zi's house and into hers. She needed to grab her violin and her bag. She was going to visit Wang Zi before going to school. She knew that Aaron was right and she needed to talk to him about something. She waited outside, until her brothers left for school.

She climbed the window and into her bedroom. She smiled at the sight of her things. She walked over to her closet and took out her violin, along with her school bag. She, then, walked back to the window and climbed down. She saw their body guards guarding the house, in case she might returned. She smiled at them and walked around the house. She left West Side without being seen and took the bus to Taipei. She was walking down the busy streets.

She was an hour late for school, but she didn't care. She walked into a flower shop and bought some lilies for Wang Zi. After her visit, she walked to school. She checked her watch and waited for the bell to ring for next class. When the bell ring, she walked to her class. Ya Tou was shock to see her in school. She fished out her cell phone and text Calvin, letting him know that Gui was at school.

Calvin was in his Economics class, when his phone buzzed. He fished out his phone and flipped it open. He read the text and smile. Chun was watching his actions, and stared at Calvin's goofy smile. He didn't know why he as smiling, but he was curious. He fished out his cell phone and text Calvin.

Calvin received another message and read it. It was from Chun. He turned around and saw Chun staring at him.

'Why are you smiling?' he mouthed.

'Gui is at school!' Calvin mouthed back to Chun.

'Really?' he mouthed.

Calvin nodded his head. He turned back and continued taking notes. He wanted to see Gui. It had been awhile since he last saw his younger sister. At lunch, Calvin went to look for Gui. He didn't see her, but he saw Ya Tou and Xiao Nan talking together. He jogged over to them.

"Where's Gui?" he asked them.

"We don't know. She left before class ended," said Ya Tou.

"Oh," said a disappointed Calvin. He walked back to his friends. Chun saw Calvin walking towards them with is head down.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"Gui left before class ended," he said. He looked up and noticed that Aaron wasn't there. "Where's Aaron?"

"He got a text from someone, saying that he or she wanted to meet him in the music room, so he left," answered Xiao Ba.

Aaron walked into the school's music room. No one was in there, except for a girl, who was sitting on a piano. She wasn't playing a song, just staring at the keys. Aaron walked up to her and noticed that it was Gui.

Gui looked up and saw Aaron walking towards her. She didn't say anything to him, until he got closer. She motioned him to sit next to her. He shook his head no and just stood over her.

"So, why do you want me to come back?" she asked.

"I'm not the only one who wanted you back, your brothers also wanted you back. Everyone wants you back. Gui, you still have a bright future ahead of you," he said.

"Future? Wang Zi was my future, but now he's gone. Aaron, why can't you or my brothers understand that this is how I cope with my feelings. Just tell my brothers to leave me alone. I need time to myself. Playing truant is the only way for me to forget him, okay?" she said.

"I don't understand. Gui, we can help you. You can't do this on your own," he said.

"I already told you yesterday, I don't need you or my brothers' help. I can do this on my own. I just need you to give me some time," she said, getting up. Aaron grabbed her arm and pulled her down next to him. He moved in closer to her, their faces were only inches apart. He wanted to kiss her, but he pulled himself away from her, before he did something he would regret.

"You do need us, you are living in denial right now. I know that you need us, but you are not willing to let that go. Like I said yesterday, you can hide from them, but you can not hide from me," he said. Gui glared at him. He just gave her a warm smile, before getting up and leaving the room. Gui slammed the piano shut and walked over to her violin. She picked it up and walked out of the room.

She didn't want to go to class, so she went to the roof. She took her violin out from its case and started playing Wang Zi's favorite song, 'Kiss the Rain.' She played it with emotions. She closed her eyes and tears rolled down her cheeks.

Everyone heard the song and couldn't pay attention in class. Everyone was filled with emotions. The song was so touching. It brought emotions and tears to those who are listening to it. The student body left their classroom to see who was playing the song. Everyone was outside, looking up at the roof. They didn't know who it was, but they all saw a figure, playing the violin. Calvin recognized the figure right away. It was Gui.

He ran towards the stairs and up the roof. Aaron followed Calvin, with Xia Yu and Chun behind him. Teachers were trying to keep the student body under control. Calvin opened the door leading to the roof and walked towards Gui. Aaron, Xia Yu and Chun followed behind.

When Gui was done playing, she turned around and saw Calvin, Xia Yu, Aaron and Chun up on the roof with her. She was shock to see her brothers. Calvin walked towards her. She didn't move, she was afraid of him. She didn't know why, but she was afraid of her older brother.

"Gui, please come home," he said, wiping her tears. She didn't say anything to him. She just knelt down and put her violin away. She closed the case and got up. She pushed him aside and walked away. Xia Yu grabbed her arm, when she went past him.

"Mei, we are all waiting for you," he said. Gui yanked her arm away from Xia Yu's grip and ran towards the door. She slammed the door shut and ran down the stairs and out of the school. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, but she didn't care. She ran all the way to Wang Zi's grave, she fell to the ground and cried. Calvin stared at the empty space in front of him.

He was afraid that Gui would do something reckless. After a few minutes, he pulled himself together and ran after her. By the time he reached the school gates, she was no where to be found. He sighed and walked back to class.

After Gui's last appearance at school, she disappeared. Aaron didn't know where she went. He thought that she couldn't hide from him, but she did. He spent his Christmas break searching for Gui. Calvin had asked Matthew to search Wang Zi's house, but all they found was her clothes in his closet. They didn't find anything else. Danson was shock to find that Gui had been spending her 'missing' days at Wang Zi's.

Everyone gathered at Wang Zi's house. They were tired from searching. They searched every town in Taiwan, but couldn't find Gui. They also went to the airport and asked if she had bought a ticket out of country, but she wasn't on the list. Calvin was the last to walk into the living room. He sighed.

"So any idea of where she might be?" asked Xia Yu.

"Well, if we were more smarter, we would of thought about searching Wang Zi's place," said Calvin, sitting down on the floor.

"I know right. We didn't even think about Wang Zi," said Chun.

Aaron sat there in silence. He knew that she was still in the country. He had found her passports and wallet in Wang Zi's drawers, but he didn't want to say anything. He was certain that Gui would come back for them, so he took them secretly.

"Aaron, do you have any clues?" asked Mao Di.

"No, I didn't know she was able to hide from me. I found her many times before, but where can she go now?" he said.

"Gui, Gui, Gui. Where can a girl like that go?" asked Calvin.

"Calvin, did you check all of her hiding places?" asked Chun.

"What do you mean?" asked Calvin.

"Well, when we were little, my cousin loves to hide. So one day, she got mad at her parents and disappeared. We searched everywhere for her. We spent the whole day searching, and when we finally found her, she was in one of her hiding place," explained Chun.

"Gui doesn't have any hiding places. She never hides from us. When she's angry, she would just go to her room and read. When my parents dead, she didn't hide either. Which makes it strange for her to hide now. I mean, my parents' death brought her many miseries, but she never hid from us. She didn't talk to us at all, she would just mope around the use like a ghost. She was really mischievous, but my parents' death, caused her to be in pain," Calvin explained, "we didn't know what to do. We tried helping her, but she shut herself out. She never played truant either. She just distanced herself from others. Many who didn't understand her, thought that she was agoraphobic. But, after meeting Wang Zi, she was able to open up and be herself again. Wang Zi's death, was a blow for her."

"Yea, she never hides when our parents die, why now?" said Xia Yu. Aaron listened to them attentively.

"She said that playing truant is a way to forget Wang Zi. I think that she's hiding because she can't face the fact that he's dead, even staying at his house didn't help her," said Aaron, everyone turned and stared at him.

"You talked to her?" they asked, surprised.

"When?" asked Calvin.

"Well, I talked to she was at the coffee shop with Xiao Nan," he said, "remember, when Matthew found her, but their cover was blown. You guys left, but I saw her and took her to the harbor to talk. The second time I talked to her was the last time she came to school. She text me saying that she wanted to meet with me. I tried talking her to come back, but she said no."

Everyone sat in silence. They were thinking of how to bring Gui back. They sighed. No one had a clue of how to bring her back home. Calvin is worried about her, but he knew that she was stubborn and when she's like this, there is no way to make her do anything.

Gui took the bus to Kenting. She knew that Matthew and the rest were searching for her, but she needed to talk to Xiao Mei. Other than Xiao Mei, she didn't know anyone else who had lost their love one. She remembered that after Tian Jun's funeral, Xiao Mei and her family had moved to Kenting. She was going to hide in Kenting for awhile. She took out her notepad and stared at the address.

'Great! I don't even know where to look for her,' she said to herself. She looked around and found a group of high school girls sitting at a cafe. She approached them and asked for directions. One of the girls live in the area that Gui was looking for, so she led Gui to the place.

"We're here," she said. Gui looked around.

"This is it?" she asked. The house was pretty and big.

"Yea, so who actually are you looking for?" she asked Gui.

"I'm looking for Zhong Xiao Mei," she said, staring at the paper in her hands and the house in front of her.

"Xiao Mei? You are looking for my auntie," she said.

"Auntie?" Gui asked.

"Yup, let me take you to her house. She lives with us," said the girl. Gui followed her inside the house. "Auntie! Auntie!"

"Ah Lin, I'm in the kitchen," said a familiar voice. Gui smiled. It was Xiao Mei.

"Auntie," she said, leading Gui into the kitchen. Xiao Mei turned around and saw Gui.

"Ah Gui!" she ran up to Gui and hugged her. "What are you doing here? You never replied back to my mail, so I thought that you guys moved."

"No, we are still living in West Side. A lot of things have happened lately. So, how are you doing?" she asked Xiao Mei.

"I'm doing fine. Anyways, you met my niece. This is Chen Ah Lin, she is my sister's daughter," she said. "What brings you here?"

"Well, I came to talk to you. I need some personal advice," she said.

"What can I help you with?" she asked Gui.

"Um...it's about Wang Zi," she said. Xiao Mei had heard about Wang Zi's death from Chun. She pulled Gui into and hug before telling her sit down.

"Gui, I know that you are in so much pain, but you need your brothers to help you," she said.

"Xiao Mei, they can't even help me when my parents die, how can they possibly help me?" she asked, in the brink of tears.

"Gui, I heard that you have been playing truant and not going home?" she asked.

"Yea," said Gui.

"Ah Gui, that's not what you're supposed to do. I can't tell you to go back, but all I can do is give you some advice. I'm still hurting from Tian Jun's death, but I've cope with it. I'm no longer in denial and I understand that he's looking after me. Look, I'm a lot happier now and I'm able to find someone else to love. Gui, I won't let you stay here forever, but I can show you how to face the facts, as for you going back home and school, that's up to you. But, I guarantee that there is someone trying to convince you to go back. Think of that person and listen to him," she said.

"Xiao Mei Jie, how did you do it?" she asked.

"I didn't do it on my own. I had my sisters and brother's help. Tian Jun's parents also helped me too, along with his siblings. I have friends who were there for me. When we moved here, I didn't want to do anything, but I met Wei Lian, and he helped me overcome everything. He was also in the same situation. At first, I ignored him and gave him the cold shoulders, but he didn't give up on me. Do you know what he told me?" she asked Gui.

"What?"

"He told me that I can hide from everyone around me, but I can't hide from him, and he was right. Everyone else around me didn't know how much I have suffered from the lost, but he was able to see through me. I hide my feelings and myself from the outside world, but I couldn't hide them from him. He was always there for me. Now, we have been dating for months now. I'm glad that Tian Jun helped me meet him," she said. Gui smiled, and it wasn't a fake smile either. It was genuine.

"One of Calvin's friend said the same thing to me."

"Really?"

"Yea, he said that he was impress with me. He said that I can hide from my best body guards, but there is no way I can hide from him. He said that he was going to help me heal. He said that he was going to bring me back."

"Gui, maybe he's the one Wang Zi wants to watch after you. Who knows. But, you must not blame yourself or anyone else. You must cope with it, and if you keep hiding from everyone around you, who's going to help you?"

"You know what's funny? He said the exact same thing."

Xiao Mei smiled. They talked for hours. Gui stayed for dinner. After talking to Xiao Mei and her sisters, Gui felt so much better. She decided to take the bus back home. Xiao Mei and her sisters dropped Gui off at the train station. Gui waved goodbye to them. When she reached Taipei, she called Ya Tou and asked for Aaron's address. Ya Tou didn't know where Aaron lived, but she can asked Calvin. So, she called Calvin and asked for Aaron's address.

She called Gui back and gave Aaron's address to her. Gui took out her notepad and wrote down Aaron's address. She took the bus to Aaron's neighborhood. She walked around looking for Aaron's house. When she found it, she took a deep breath and rang his door bell.

'Please don't be asleep,' she said to herself.

Aaron was in his room, writing his report when his doorbell ranged. He wasn't expecting anybody, so he was confused to who was at his door. He ran down the stairs and opened the door, to a Gui standing outside.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"Can we talk?" she said, inviting herself into his house. Aaron shut the door behind him and followed Gui to the living room. He sat opposite of her. She was staring at the ground. He kept his gaze on her.