chapter 12

Give Me Your Love

Aaron laid on his bed and tried to sleep, but his mind kept drifting back to Gui's tears. He knew that he had hurt her, but he can not let her know that he's jealous of her relationship with Ao Quan. He sighed. Why can't he just let it go? After a few hours of tossing and turning, Aaron was finally able to sleep.

Gui woke up extra early and went to school, without breakfast. She wasn't in the mood to eat. Calvin watched as Gui drove away from the driveway. He sighed. He didn't want to see Gui like this, but he knew that he must talk to Aaron. He fished out his cell and called Aaron, asking him to meet at their house after work.

Gui was walking to her first class, when she saw Wang Zi. She rubbed her eyes just to make sure it was him. She called out his name, and he turned around, smiling at her. She smiled at and ran to him. She hugged him. It has been forever since she last hugged him and felt his warm embrace.

"Wang Zi, what brings you here?" she asked him.

"My little Ghost, I just missed you very much," he said, kissing her forehead.

"I missed you too. Wang Zi, I love you."

"I know you do and I love you too, but Gui, you know that I can't be there for you all the time now, right?"

"Yea, I know. But I still love you very much. Wang Zi, do you want to go and buy some ice cream?"

"Of course. We can talk about your day and how you've been doing since I left." Gui and Wang Zi went into an ice cream shop and bought their favorite ice cream. Gui was smiling brightly and Wang Zi was glad to see her happy. He watched a she ate her ice cream. Sadness was in his eyes, but he hide it with a smile. He didn't want Gui to see that he was missing her like crazy and it hurts him, seeing her with Aaron.

"What's wrong?" Gui asked him. Wang Zi stopped staring at her and ate his ice cream.

"Gui, how have you been doing?"

"I've been doing fine, well, except the last couple of months."

"Gui, listen to me, please forget about me and give your heart to Aaron. I know that even though you love him, a big chunk of your heart belongs to me. I know that you were counting on forever, but I can't be your forever anymore. Aaron is your forever. I also know that you two have some misunderstanding. Gui, give Aaron some time. He's in the jealousy stage. Just give him time." With that being said, Wang Zi disappeared from Gui's sight. She screamed out his name, but he was no longer there. She touched the place where he was sitting and cried.

"Wang Zi, why do you have to leave me? I really, really, really loved you. Wang Zi, why can't you stay with me?" she said, through sobs.

"Gui! Gui!" shouted Ya Tou. Everyone was staring at a sleeping, teary, Gui. "Gui! Gui! Wake up, school is over already!" Ya Tou shook her, but she was still sleeping. She sighed and turned to the others and shrugged. Xiao Nan grabbed and book and smack Gui in the head, causing her to wake up.

"Ow, what was that for?" asked Gui.

"Ghost, school was over an hour ago, but you're still here sleeping," said Ya Tou.

"What?! I feel asleep. Um...can I borrow your notes?" asked Gui.

"Of course. But, Ms. Tang wasn't happy with you," said Ya Tou.

"Yea, Gui, what happened to you? I mean, you never sleep in class, but today was different," said Xiao Nan.

"I don't know either. Maybe it was my lack of sleep last night. Anyways, why didn't you wake me?" she asked.

"We did! We have been trying to WAKE you for like awhile now, but you wouldn't budge. Then, all of a sudden, you started crying in your sleep. Which was so weird, so Ms. Tang decided to let you go, because she thinks that something must of happened at home," explained Ya Tou.

"Gui, what's wrong?" asked Xiao Nan.

"It's a long story," she said, wiping her tears. "I'm sorry to bother you guys."

"You're not bothering us. Anyways, Aaron came to look for you, but since you wouldn't wake up, he went to take a walk. He said that once you're awake, meet him at the garden," said Ya Tou.

"Oh, well, sorry. Um...I better go and meet up with him," she said, grabbing her school bag and running out the room.

'Was that a dream? I mean, it felt so real. Everything felt so real,' she thought to herself. She looked around and saw Aaron with Hebe. She hid behind a tree and watched them.

'I thought that he came to look for me, why is he with her?' she asked herself.

"Ah Bu, what are you doing here?" asked Hebe.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm here to visit my cute and adorable girlfriend," he said, annoyed.

"Really?" she said, sitting next to him.

"Yes, really," he answered her.

"If you're here to visit Gui, where is she? Has she gotten invincible or something?" she asked, looking around.

"She fell asleep in class, and waking her up was hard, so I just came out here to wait for her," he said. Hebe watched him as he kept his gaze away from her. Then an idea popped in her head.

'I'll just tell him that I saw her some guy leaving campus," she thought to herself.

"Um...I just saw her with some guy leaving the campus. They were smiling and everything," she said, causing Aaron to look at her.

"What?!" he shouted.

"Yea, she left with some guy," she said. Aaron didn't believe her. He couldn't believe her. He kept her eyes on her, examining her.

"I don't believe you. Anyways, I'm going bac--" before he could finish his sentence, Hebe had kissed him. He wanted to pull back, but she was digging her nails into his arm. Gui saw everything. Tears starts to fall. She turned around and started running. She didn't know where she was going, but she didn't care. She just kept on running, until she came upon a fountain. She sat down and put her head down, letting her tears fall.

When Aaron was able to push her away, he slapped her, before running to find Gui. He went to her classroom and found Ya Tou and Xiao Nan, alone in the room. He walked up to them causing them to look up.

"Oh, hi Aaron," said Xiao Nan.

"Where's Gui?" asked Ya Tou.

"Gui? I was going to ask you that. Where is she?" asked Aaron.

"She went to look for you after she woke up. Why? Didn't you see her?" asked Ya Tou, confused.

"No, I didn't see her. I thought that she was still sleeping," he said.

"Nope, she left awhile ago," said Ya Tou.

"I was waiting for her at the garden, until...oh no! She must of saw us," he said, turning around and running out the door. Ya Tou and Xia Nan stared at him, confused. They didn't know what was going on. They shrugged at each other and went back to their work.

Aaron ran to his car and noticed that her car was still in the parking space, three lots away from his. Now, he was beginning to worry. She didn't go home, so where will she go. He searched everywhere around Taipei. He knew that she must not of gone to West Side, because her car was still in the school lot.

'Gui, where are you?' he asked in frustration. He decided to give up. He was walking to his car, when he decided to take a walk so that he can clear his mind. He was walking, when he came upon a girl, sitting by a fountain alone. He noticed that she was crying. He walked up to her.

"Um...are you okay?" he asked her. Gui recognized the voice. She turned her face away from him.

"Why do you even care?" she asked him, anger building in her voice.

"Because, you're here all alone. What did your boyfriend do this time?" he asked, not even recognizing Gui's voice.

"He kissed his ex girlfriend in front of me!" she shouted.

"Why are you screaming at me? I don't even know you," he said, calmly. "You're a stranger to me. I'm just trying to help."

"A stranger? I'm just a stranger now!" she shouted angrily.

"Yes," he said.

"So, I'm just a stranger to you now huh, Mr. Aaron Yan Ya Lun!" she shouted and got up. She didn't even face him, she just started running off, dropping her phone. She ran all the way to school and got into her car. She drove home.

Aaron was dumbfounded by this, until he saw a phone lying on the floor. The phone was ringing. He walked over to the phone and saw the number. It was Ya Tou. He picked up the phone.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Gui! Did Aaron find you? Where are you? Where did you go?" she asked.

'Gui?' Aaron asked himself.

"Hello? Gui? Why aren't you speaking?" asked Ya Tou.

"Um...this is Aaron, not Gui," he said.

"Aaron? Why do you have Gui's phone?" asked Ya Tou. As she said that, everything fit into place. Aaron was talking to Gui the whole time. He smacked his forehead and hung up the phone. He started running the way Gui disappeared too. "Hello? Hello?" Ya Tou looked at her phone.

"He hung up on me," she mumbled out loud.

Aaron didn't know where she went. He had lost her. He felt so stupid. How could he not tell by her voice? How can he call her a stranger? He walked slowly back to his car and drove home. He opened his door and went inside his room. He jumped on his bed. He was about to turn off the lights, when he noticed a book on his nightstand. He grabbed the book off from his nightstand. It was Gui's notebook. He had forgotten to give it to her. He had kept it all this time.

He flipped the book open to the place with a marker and read it.

'Today I went to Kenting and visited Xiao Mei. She had seemed to be doing better now. I'm so happy for her. She was able to find Wei Lian. I think that Tian Jun is looking after her. I wonder if Wang Zi is looking after me too? Is Xiao Mei right? Is Aaron the one, Wang zi chose to watch over me? Why do I feel like he's always the one trying to comfort me when my brothers give up? 鬼, did you know that me playing truant was a way to tell my brothers that I need them? They just don't understand and I can't tell them. I want them to comfort me, but when Aaron told me that Calvin had asked him to help me, I...I just got mad and I was disappointed with them. When Ma and Ba died, they didn't even comfort me. Wang Zi was the one who helped me overcome everything. But...now he's gone. I feel that a big chunk of my heart has been taken away. 鬼, tell me what to do. I need someone to tell me that I will be fine. That's all I need. Calvin and Xia Yu Ge, I just want you two to tell me that 'I'm going to be fine and everything is going to be okay." They are so clueless. Well, I am planning on going over to Aaron's and ask him why he want me back. I'm going to follow Xiao Mei's advice.'

He re-read the passage over and over again, trying to find the hidden meaning behind it. It was this passage that made him realize his feelings for her, so he figured that it will help him make up with her.