13. Wrong (Daejae)

31 Days of December


It wasn't that Youngjae was stupid, he knew he was smart. But when he looked at the really low score in physics, he knew his mother wouldn't be happy. He just couldn't help it, he had a hard time paying attention in class. He tried taking notes but his mind drifted and he ended up just reading the newest chapter of a manhwa or just browsing the net. It also didn't help that the professor assigned homework but never picked up, so Youngjae never did any. That was like the situation for like half the class. His friend Himchan sat next to him and always did his work for other classes. Just the other day Youngjae was watching him do geometry homework and he shuddered, having flashbacks about waking up at 8 in the morning and going to math class. 

Youngjae leaned against the wall, waiting for their professor to open the door. He was tired and wanted to just go back home and take a nap. But he had another class after this and he actually liked that class, so he it in. He watched as students gathered, waiting for class. He saw Himchan sit down and close his eyes. He smiled, Himchan was never the morning type. He heard footsteps and saw his professor, his suit jacket and slacks two different colors. It irked Youngjae but he let it go, the 85 year old man didn't deserve his negative comments. He noticed a young man walking next to his professor, talking to him. Youngjae supposed he was cute, with his pouty lips and nice hair. His sense of style was better than his professor's but then again, anything was better. A plaid shirt and black skinny jeans, Youngjae liked the way he looked. He wondered who it was as he went inside the lecture room and sat down.  

Youngjae liked to sit in the middle of the classroom, not too close and not too far. He set down his backpack and readied himself to wander today as well. He watched as the young man stood in the front of the class, checking his phone. Youngjae felt Himchan sit next to him and leaned back, stretching. “So what's the homework of today?”

Himchan snorted, rubbing his eyes. “Ugh Mrs. Rosa decided to spring a take home pop quiz on us. So it'll be history today.”

Youngjae chuckled and patted Himchan's back, “ to be you pal. I did my history two semesters ago. It was a hard time doing those papers at 3 in the morning.” Himchan nodded and Youngjae turned back to face the front of the class, blinking as the young man turned away to look at his professor. Had he been watching Youngjae? He didn't deny like being hit on, it gave him a confidence boost, which he really needed. Finally his professor addressed the class after writing what they were suppose to learn that day.

“Alright guys, this is Daehyun. He's the tutor the library has assigned to all the physics classes. Daehyun?” The young man took the floor, “Hey guys, I'm Daehyun. I took this class last semester and totally aced it so my sessions for this class will be Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4 in the afternoons. I someone can't make it, just text me. The number is on the papers that I'm about to pass out.” Daehyun made eye contact with Youngjae, “I hope you guys can come.”

Youngjae blushed and bit his lip, noticing Daehyun's grin at his reaction. His professor clapped Daehyun on the back, “Daehyun's one of my best students so take advantage of him. Thanks Daehyun for coming, have fun in your geology class.”

Daehyun nodded, “Thanks Professor Bang.” Daehyun glanced at a still blushing Youngjae and waved to the class, leaving to go to his own class. Youngjae was suddenly happy that he scheduled his class to be all morning classes because he had a feeling that his grades were just about to go up and maybe he would have a new number in his phone.