v. The House

The Kingdom Club

  right-curly-bracket.png  v. "The House"  

“I really don’t care where we live, but I think it’s the best decision for you.” 

 

“Jin tells me you are planning on moving into his block,” his step mother spoke, her hair was neatly tied back and tucked into a neat bun. She pushed a cup of coffee towards him, knowing he never get enough sleep and needs the caffeine to wake up for work.

 

“It’s a possibility. It all depends on Yein,” Jungkook mumbled, his hands wrapping around the cup swiftly as he wondered where she was going with this.

 

She never bothers to even talk to him about anything aside from work, she wasn’t too much of a try hard when it comes to step-parenting. She clenched her jaw as her lips were dipped in the coffee swiftly and she looked at him with a set of eyes that already annoyed him. She hardly tries to act like a parent to him but that look in her eyes always meant that he was going to get a lesson preached.

 

“Not to in, but your father has been keeping the house next door for you,” she spoke, her voice slightly stern as she herself knew his father has the illusion of his son living next door.

 

“So,” Jungkook spoke, annoyance and frustration mixed perfectly into attitude.

 

He didn’t care about his father’s illusions. He didn’t care that his father has basically kept an eye on that house with the dream of his son living there. He hated his father enough to want to be far away from him as possible. And he didn’t need anyone to tell him he should think twice about his decision as if the man will go into deep depression if he doesn’t move in next door.

 

“So, I think its sneaky that I had to pull string to sell it,” she spoke, her voice spoken with confidence as she leaned against the counter.

 

“Did I tell you to sell it? No, you did it on our own,” he retorted, his anger already pooling out of his mouth without much control.

 

He didn’t order her to do it. She sold the house out of her own will and she has the temerity to try and guilt him as if it was his problem. She looked at him with slight anger too, hating that he always gets so defensive and lashes out with anger without much thoughts.

 

“No, you didn’t. Jin asked me to sell it because he knew you would hate it. You are the one who needed to tell your father you didn’t want it,” she spoke, her body straitening as she gripped her cup tightly.

 

It wasn’t her job to sell the house, but Jin made a compelling argument. Her son told her that Jungkook would cave into buying the house next door if his father pushed it. Simply because Jungkook has a very high temper and would agree to anything to get people to stop bothering him and annoying him.

 

She knew her husband’s nature more than the two boys, and knew that her husband would push on the subject. And he would not take no for an answer, but it’s not her job to bail Jungkook out of the problem. He needs to be the grown-up he is and tell his father no and not back down.

 

“I like you better when you don’t try to give me a lesson,” he spat, his hands tightening into a fist as his knuckles turned white.

 

He didn’t need this so early in the morning. He didn’t need a lesson on how to act when he didn’t ask for one. He didn’t need another person already controlling how he should act when he hasn’t even meet the day himself.

 

“And I like you better when you don’t raise your voice at me. Relax Jungkook,” she spoke, her voice softening as he was acting up again and being disrespectful.

 

“How do you expect me to relax when you’re already trying to send some idiotic message at me?” He raised his voice again, annoyance making its way into his words as he felt his veins hold onto anger that became one with him.

 

“It isn’t idiotic. You need to stand up to your father more often, you can’t expect to sneakily get past his wishes,” she spoke, making sure she wasn’t sounding too harsh as she felt nervous at his sudden shift in behavior.

 

“You make my brain hurt, just shut it before I lose it,” he spoke through gritted teeth.

 

His skin was flushed slightly red as his eyes had gotten dark and agitated. She bit her lip, getting slightly scared at how tense his body was. She knew what had happened last time he was like this, he ended up with a bloodied knuckle and a blood-stained wall.

 

“When don’t you lose it? I’ll leave before you throw a glass at the wall like last time,” she spoke, shaking her head and walking away with nerves acting up in her body.

 

Last time was simply last week. She has seen a couple of episodes like this but she was only part of one. The last time they were talking about the engagement, and Jungkook begun to feel so attacked and angered he threw his glass against the wall. His father pushed on and Jungkook ended up punching the wall and screamed.

 

He huffed angrily as he sat in the counter. The loneliness of the kitchen was radiating as his cup echoed the moment he sat it down. Last time was a blur for him, and he hated that she was using it as a way to attack him and making him feel foolish. His father pushed the wrong buttons, and all he remembers was yelling and then he was in the bathroom cleaning blood off his hands.

 

The mug felt very heavy and hot against his skin. The anger that was pumping adrenaline in his system was yelling at his hands to grab the mug and throw it, to scream and let out all the frustration. He hated her so much at the moment for trying to be what she will never be, his mother.

 

The day felt like a blur after that. Moonbin had come in to remind him that the project for the new product is scheduled for three-thirty and he was already set to go.

 

Jungkook didn’t like the idea that he had to be there. He wasn’t even the one in charge of approval nor was it a department under his supervision. He didn’t need to be there but of course, what the CEO wants, needs to be done.

 

“You’re fiancé asked to be picked up, I already sent the direction to your phone sir,” he spoke, the last thing he needed to say before he needs to take his leave.

 

Jungkook nodded, not really paying too much attention. He nearly forgot that today was house hunting day if it wasn’t for Moonbin. Heck, he’d nearly forgot to leave at the needed time to pick up Yein if it wasn’t for Moonbin.

 

The drive wasn’t at all majestic either. He hated how majority of the country’s population drove, even more towards the college campuses centered in the city. Jungkook scoffed, not knowing why he has to drive all the way to a college campus to pick up Yein. He wondered if Moonbin even got the right address. But the more he thought about it, the more questions pilled. He never knew what Yein does throughout the day, he never cared to ask anything about her.

 

He doesn’t know if she works, if she has a hobby or if she was in school. Those details never seemed important to him at all. So maybe, she was studying, and in school and he simply didn’t care enough to look into it before. His question was answered when he got off his car and walked to the passenger door.

 

Yein was a little bit further down, a book bag on her shoulder as a humanities book was in her grasp. She waved goodbye to a couple of people before walking to him.

 

“Since when do you study?” He asked as soon as Yein was close in distance. She simply had a pair of jeans and a light blouse. She looked so normal and natural without the piles of makeup that her mother had force upon her visage.

 

“No one knows, my mom thinks I spent most of my days with Jin’s wife or you,” she spoke, getting inside the car when Jungkook opened the door.

 

She threw her backpack on the back seat and strapped herself in. She had a job at her company but she still used Jungkook and Jin’s wife as a cover up for when she has classes.

 

“You kept schooling a secret?” Jungkook asked, his voice slightly monotone but still sounding a little interested.

 

“Yeah, no one pays attention to me,” she spoke, a sad tone hidden in her voice as she looked at her book.

 

She wasn’t lying, nor stretching the truth. She could run away or be kidnapped and no one would really start looking for her until the staff in her house begins to ask for her. 

 

“Lucky you, I wish no one paid attention to me,” he spoke, not even showing a sign of sympathy for her.

 

He wished no one looked at him, no one cared about what he did or when he did it. He wished to be invisible and she was too used to his oblivious comments. She wasn’t going to lash out, jealous that people did pay attention for him and cared for him. But she knew it would lead to an argument and she didn’t like arguing.

 

“What semester are you in?” He asked, breaking the silence that the car ride had them in.

 

“I would have already graduated but keeping it a secret means I had to withdraw a few times. I graduate in July,” she spoke, her soft and innocent voice filling up the car as she picked up her gaze to him.

 

“You would have graduated with Moonbin.” She nodded, knowing very well that they would have in the same graduating class. “Where to first?” He asked finally as he dropped his hands from the wheel and looked at her. The stop light giving him the time he needed to get the first address out of her.

 

“I don’t have three houses ready, I only have one. I think you already made up your mind too,” she spoke, her eyes soft as her lips curved in a delicate smile.

 

“You want to be Jin’s neighbor, don’t you?” He asked, slightly surprised that she was already thinking about the option when he hasn’t even pushed it towards her.

 

“I really don’t care where we live, but I think it’s the best decision for you.” She went back to staring at her book, not really interested in much.

 

She’s always been like this. It was only recently that he’s gotten used to reading into people that he noticed how Yein was. She was innocent and caring, she didn’t like making problems for people. She hated the idea of being the one who brings troubles or is the cause of unfortunate events, she doesn’t like to upset people nor hurt anyone.

 

“Alright, we still need to visit,” he spoke softly, turning back to the road.

 

Yein was the best option for him. He was hot headed and the slightest thing make him angry. Yein was simply good at reading the situation and problem to make sure no one gets angry. She wasn’t going to fight him about where they lived, she wasn’t going to fight him about being lucky people cared about him, she wasn’t going to fight him period. She was someone who has to date, not made him angry or lash out because she always acts in a way to not upset him.

 

 “What do you think Jungkook-ssi?” His head snapped out of a trans.

 

He nearly forgot where he was. He had already visited the house with Yein, dropped her off at her campus and came back for the presentation. He had blanked out majority of the day, he doesn’t know why his mind does this. It’s like he simply forgets where he is and his mind disconnects. His body moves and does the essential things but his mind is somewhere else.

 

He looked around, the power point was already done and prototype models were already handed out. The model was pretty and looked very functional but it wasn’t anything better than the phone he currently had.

 

“I think phones are too high in competition. This model is impressive but if we really want to put it into the market, we have to offer something Apple or Samsung hasn’t come out with it. We also need to back it up with tons of promotion,” he spoke, finally answering the question that snapped him back into reality.

 

The room looked confused, the three presenters begun to bite down on their lips and peel back their own cuticles with their nails from nerves. They felt greatly disappointed that the young boss didn’t like the project and all the hard work was for nothing.

 

“What do you suggest then?”

 

“I don’t know, I’m not the engineer here. I’m just not confident enough, I like the idea. It think it’s a great model but the competition is too hot,” he spoke, not knowing who had asked but he didn’t really care.

 

He didn’t even know why the company was trying to enter the market of phones when the competition here was so hot between Samsung and Apple and LG can’t even enter the battle for a sufficient time period.

 

“Do you want to scarp the entire project then? So much money-“

 

“I never said that,” he snapped, cutting off the angry voice of one of the main workers who was funding the project. He didn’t know why his opinion was so important and was taken out of content, it was annoying that they were finding out a way to make him into a foolish idiot.

 

“But you didn’t have to. It is very clear-“

 

“It is very clear I was asked my opinion and I gave it. I am not the CEO, I am not the one who has to approve this project. Refrain from lashing out Mr. Kang,” he spoke, his anger already being summoned to the table as the man looked at him with a clenched jaw.

 

“You will have to approve a project like this someday, and you can’t be in charge with this childish attitude,” he retorted, not caring if the boy was the future CEO of the company. He was acting like a child, not seeing that the project has too much money invested and they can’t just scrap it because he doesn’t like it.

 

“Childish,” Jungkook whispered, slightly chuckling as pure furry was filling him up. “Childish!” He yelled, slamming his hands down onto the table and startling everyone. He abruptly stood up, his chair being knocked back. “I’m not the one getting mad over an opinion. I have my own projects to approve, this isn’t even my department dam it, so I’m not even needed here,” he spoke through a much more calmer anger that was even more scarier.

 

His eyes raved as he walked out, everyone staring with confusion and fear as he left the room in complete shock. He has never snapped in front of so many people, let alone snap over a stupid comment of an old man who can’t even see the flaws in his on project.

 

Childish, that was never even a word to describe him. He was never given the opportunity to be a child or act immaturely, he always had to be everything but childish. And he will not stand down and be insulted and made a fool in front of everyone as if he didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

“Sir, not to be a bother but-“

 

“What!?” He yelled, cutting off the person chasing after him. “Are you going to preach on how hurt you are that I don’t like the project?” He asked, his voice still too tense as he turned around to see a girl there.

 

She was roughly his height, her hair was a dark brown and tied to the side with a beautiful crow pin on her hair. She was dressed for a professional presentation, a white dress shirt and a blue pencil skirt, but she was lacking the confidence in a professional presentation. She gulped, looking down and stepping forward.

 

“No sir, you have a point. And I may not be the leader of the project and I’m barely a two-year engineer but I promise I will design something to wow you. I promise that Mr. Jeon,” she spoke, her voice soft and smooth as she looked up at him and he had his breathing caught in his lungs.

 

He noticed pure determination tinting her dark brown eyes. She was confident in her ability to make something better and she wanted to let him know that as an engineer, she must take this fall as a lesson and improve for the next time. And her confidence only made her appearance even drew more interest.

 

“Looking forward to it, if it doesn’t-“ he paused, finally catching on to exactly what she said, “-two-year and you’re already on a project like this?” He asked, disbelief drowning his anger and flushing it out as he no longer felt fury inside of him.

 

“Yes sir,” she spoke, nodding with confidence and without hesitating as a small smile lingered on her lips.

 

“Where are you from?” He asked, his curiosity being picked on by the talent the girl is already showing with her simple position.

 

“The states, Chicago, graduated Yonsei in the top five,” she spoke, her voice sounding very affirmative as she listed her background briefly.

 

He studied her for a bit. She radiated pure charisma and determination now. She stood tall and proud, her back straighten as her glasses gave her soft Korean eyes a sharp and edgy look. She was so sure of her abilities and he was suddenly interested in testing them. He felt the need to see if she could actually do what she was promising to do.

 

“Okay, if you’re that good, wow me. You have my permission to work an individual project,” he spoke, matching her posture as he stuffed his hands into his dress pants.

 

There was a panic look on her face that took over. Her eyes widen as her peach shaded lips parted with shock. She felt her heart stop as he looked taller now, with more authority and defiance as she felt like a sheep in a wolf den.

 

“But that’s only available for eight-year engineers,” she spoke, a slight laugh of disbelief pushed out of her lungs.

 

Individual projects are only available for eight-year engineers and have to be sponsored by a department leader. Due to lack of experience and overall project management, engineers can’t be on individual projects for years.

 

“Yes, you have my permission. Is that too much for you? Can you not handle it?” He asked, his mischievous smile spreading as he wondered if she had already cracked before she even started working on the project.

 

“I can sir,” she spoke without hesitating a second longer.

 

She was given the opportunity and she had already stated she will come up with a phone model to wow him. Her credibility and ability was already on the line, and all she had to do was deliver. She could do it, she knew she could.

 

“Good, fill out the form. Visit my assistant and he’ll give you a waver that I will write. You have six months, Ms. Yonsei Top Five, to make a phone model that will wow me,” he spoke, anticipation glimmering his eyes as she bit her lips and gulped.

 

He turned around, walking back to his office for another hour of work. He begun to think on what he just did, and he didn’t realize he had just given a two-year engineer access to the funding of the engineering labs. Money that she could blow, money that could go to waste for every failure she produces.

 

He needed to push the envelope and see the outcome of situations. He didn’t even think of the consequences, which could be gravely negative. His father will blow the roof when he finds out he gave permission to a two-year engineer when he’s not even responsible for the engineers nor the department. He will receive a heavy backlash from the company and the other more experience engineers who have never given the chance to work on something like this.

 

All because he wanted to push the envelope and wanted to push the limits on someone girl who was determined she had the answers, the winning product for them.  

 

And like with everything, he didn’t really care.


Hello, hope this gives you an insight on Jungkook's overall attitude and a look into his work life. 

Not every chapter will have Cinderella in, she will be big as we venture more into the story to the point where she will be in every chapter. 

So, don't think you won't see much of her, I want to make the story line mainly about Jungkook and his mental problem rather than the love story I plan to have on here. 

Happy reading and hope your new year has been great, ~ Alex