Epilogue: The Anniversary

The Kingdom Club

Warning: Long and cheesy chapter ahead.

Part One "right-curly-bracket.pngThe Divorse"

1st Wedding Anniversary

 

He watched, noticing the way the little pup would simply hit the toy with its paw and retrieve quickly, as if expecting the monkey to jump up and hit her. It was amusing, watching her step on it with caution and then jump as in defense, only to get angry and launch at the toy. It was as if she was expecting an attack from the long-limbed toy that lay lifeless before her, and at the same time getting angry when it wouldn’t even attack.

 

Its funny, people are sometimes described as acting like animals. And it was clear then and there that the saying was true. People and their way of thinking, the odd and abstract mentality of fear of what is coming, and when it doesn’t, they throw a fit.

 

It has been a rough week for him, he’s been sitting there in his bed, breathing, thinking, contemplating everything and anything. Its been officially a year since the wedding, the life engagement that was never consummated, only sealed with a feign kiss that felt like something was robbed from him.

 

But then again, everything was robbed from him. His childhood, his decision, his future and even his mental health were taken by surprised and kidnapped, never even ransomed and never returned to him. His mother caged him, her own mental disorders guiding her into unstable behavior that cost her more than her health, it took him along with it all.

 

He shook his head, noting that his mind was once again trailing off like it used to. It’s been a year, and therapy has been easier, still challenging on some days, but it is easier. He noted the differences, it was simpler to deal with his impulses, his abstract thoughts and everything that prevented him from living a simple life, a normal life, as normal as he could live one for that matter.

 

“Jungkook, breakfast is ready,” Yein spoke, her soft voice loud and comforting.

 

It has become something that sooths him in the morning, after Junhong’s terrible alarm goes off, and he spends a good minute playing with Sky, her voice is like a calm wave. It was as if any worry that built up in the first few minutes of the day, were all subdued by the kindness that she is.

 

He took a deep breath before walking towards Sky and picking up the pup in a swift embrace. She twisted in his arms before settling in a position that kept her paws against his shoulders and the perfect angle for her to shower him with light kisses. He giggled, always amused by the tickling sensation the kisses came with.

 

He grabbed his bag and his blazer with the one hand he can spare and made his way to the kitchen.

 

Today was a special day, not because it was the anniversary of their wedding, but because they need to talk about something. Jungkook wondered if he should even bring it up so early into the day, but if he doesn’t do it now, he might not be able to do it later.

 

He feed Sky as Yein finished putting the food on the table. And the moment he sat down to start eating, the smell of lilacs hit him, not strongly but very subtle. The scent simply filled his lungs with freshness as his entire body relaxed at the simple smell of her.

 

Yein reminded him of a spring morning, of the refreshing wind that carried the beauty of blooming flowers and the pulp of trees. Every morning, he takes in the slight scent and his heart begins to race little by little. Each day increasing by the slightest, and once he released the deep inhale, he would feel more at ease than the previous day.

 

“Good morning, what are you most thankful of today?” She spoke, sitting down at the other side of the table, facing him, and not wasting any time asking her question.

 

It was asked every day, she would be the first of his friends to ask it. And the answer never changed, because as he looked over at the food, rich in color and an intoxicating sweet scent, he knew he was always thankful for her. But he never said that out loud, he never said it was her, because he didn’t know what that meant. He hadn’t figured it out himself yet, and if she asked, he wouldn’t even be able to explain why. So, he stuck to his usual answer.

 

“The delicious food you always make for me,” he spoke, his words tugging a bright smile from her lips as he simply waited for her to dig in before he can do so.

 

“I need to talk to you about something,” he spoke, his voice hoovering in the air and stopping the meal half way through its completion.

 

She stopped chewing, the food still lingering in her cheeks as she looked at him with a wide set of eyes that just screamed ‘curiosity.’ She chewed a bit more before she simply mumbled what, signaling him to continue.

 

“Jin filed for divorce, since we are now in charge of the company, we no longer need ties linked with his wife’s family. Since it’s our wedding anniversary, I wanted to ask you, if you want to file for divorce, you are entitled to do so,” he spoke, his words spoken a little stiff as a hand clutched at his heart and squeezed it tight.

 

She didn’t look shocked, nor surprised, nor anything, she just looked neutral. She held no emotion in her visage until she continued chewing and clearing before she spoke.

 

“What do you want me to do?” She asked, the question ringing in his ear as it made his entire senses shut down and all he could feel is his heart racing.

 

He looked at her, and the thick aura she carried was filled with calmness and comfort. He was an ocean of emotions that turned wild and wrecked everything ashore. But she was the calm sky that always reminded everyone that the sea was beautiful.

 

He never deserved Yein, he was never a good person to deserve someone so caring and understanding. He always knew that out there in the world, there was someone who was meant to love and cherish her, to care for her and make her happy. And she deserved to find them, to be happy, to be free and not be tied to someone who isn’t mentally stable.

 

“I want you to find someone who makes you happy. You deserve it,” he spoke, his hands resting on the table as she simply mimicked his body.

 

“But what if I’m already happy,” she spoke, her voice calm and her eyes sweet, there was a sense of innocence to her aura that made his breath get caught on his throat.

 

She can’t possibly be happy with him. He had a heavy baggage, he needed to be helped and taken care of when his own mind would not obey him. He’s lashed out so many times when he couldn’t control his excruciating anger. He needs to be looked at when the depression hits and taken care of like a child. He was just someone else to look after, and it was exhausting, she couldn’t possibly be happy living here with him.

 

“You can’t be happy with me Yein,” he spoke, his words causing her face to shift, and an almost sadden look fell upon it.

 

His heart was clenched a bit more as her eyes looked disappointed and her head cocked to the side, looking at him as if he had just upset her.

 

“Do you want me to go?”  No, he thought, his mind clearing up as the only word that floated in his head was a simple answer to her question.

 

No, he didn’t want her to go. He’s grown too attached to the routine, to the company, to her aura. As much as he’d want her to leave and find someone that makes her happy, his heart has been telling him no, because she is the one he is the most in debt with.

 

She does so much to help him through recovery, and for everything she does to help him, he is reminded that he needs to live, to continue fighting, because he owes it to her to win. A part of her day is reserved to help him with the treatment plan, and he didn’t want all her effort and time to go to waste.

 

He has become stronger, his own will always telling himself that he must keep fighting, that he must win. But he can’t do it alone, he can’t do it by himself, he needs the safety net to fall back on when he can’t control his own mind. And she was one of those nets.

 

“Do you want to go?” He asked, his voice soft and reserved, he was surprised when she answered because he didn’t think she heard him.

 

“There isn’t someone I think I’d care more about, than the person I married,” she spoke, her voice soft and her words heavy in the air.

 

He felt time stop, and all he could feel was his heart pounding at the slight smile that she held when she looked at him. And the moment she said that, it felt like he was drowning. Drenched to the bone by a flood of emotions that were locked up inside his heart, inside his mind, as he felt his heart burst.

Part Two "right-curly-bracket.pngThe Kiss"

2nd Wedding Anniversary

 

“Are you happy with me?” He asked, his mind landing on the big question that has been lingering in the room for far to long.

 

It’s been another year, another cycle around the sun and the ring still fell heavy on his hand. He took a liking to it. At first, it felt like a costume piece to let him play the part he needed to play. But today, it felt light and soft, it was a reminder that life was ty but, he was lucky enough to have met such a wonderful person who he could call his wife.

 

Even if it all started as an act presented to the world.

 

“I am happy,” she spoke, her smile soft and delicate as it shyly looked down at the two dogs looming by the counter.

 

Sky was still as small as ever, and even if she had age, she was still pushed around by the new bigger dog, Nimbus.

 

Nimbus had grown, a lot. Jungkook was never sure of the breed of the dog, but it was clear that she was a fast bloomer. She stood tall, her soft chocolate colored fur brushed out, shining against the light of the sun. Yein approached them both, but since Nimbus was bigger, she nudged her head towards Yein’s hand, causing Sky to bark out of jealousy.

 

Jungkook laughed, seeing the two dogs interact as if they were human siblings. He never had a sibling growing up, he only had Jin and Yein for a short time when he could barely speak. But looking at movies and television shows, it was clear that the two dogs mirrored that sibling behavior.

 

“Yein,” he spoke, his voice lost in the air as the thoughts begun to fill his system with nerves.

 

She looked at him, her face falling slightly as she felt the slight shift in the room. He sounded so sweet yet serious in that one second, she wasn’t sure what to expect.

 

“I’m being truthful. I never thought my life would be as amazing as it is now,” she spoke, her instincts kicking in as she quickly tried to defuse the atmosphere with a further explanation.

 

Her words reached over and tugged at his heart as they sculpted a cheese smile on his countenance. He took in a deep breath, looking down at his hands before finally getting the courage to look her in the eye.

 

“Dr. Kwon says its okay for me to engage in a relationship now. And I want to formally ask you to The Kingdom Club party tomorrow,” he spoke, his words shivering against the air as he felt all this weight being released from his shoulders.

 

“As in a date?” She asked, her voice reaching a pitch higher as a slight smile flickered onto her face, a smile so sweet that it made his stomach flutter.

 

“Yes. I’ve always kept away from relationships because of my disorder, of the abandonment and rejection that can derive from one. It’s been clear in the past couple of weeks that you and I have feelings for each other. And I want to try and have a relationship with you now that I am healthy enough,” he spoke, his words holding onto a weight that made them heavy and thick in the air.

 

But rather than bestowing some type of burden, they only made her smile. And the way she looked at him, with those beautiful glistering eyes and that sweet and gentle smile, he knew the answer, he knew her feelings.

 

There was one thing that he was certain of in the last couple of months, he fell for Yein, and the fact that he finally had control of his mind and his emotions, he knew they were not a fabrication of her hospitality.

 

Yein is kind and smart. She pulled him out of his room whenever he was in a dark place. She would sit with him in pure silence when he didn’t want to even move. She took care of him like Dr. Kwon told her, but she did more than she should have, more than she was required to.

 

She would come up with fun ways to brighten his mornings, of simple tasks and habits that could lessen his stress and make him stop and think. She would bring home cooked lunch for them all at the company, but his always had a note that held a cheese and terrible joke. She would take him out of the house, teaching him how to socialize with every day people and how to socialize with friends.

 

Yein did more than she was supposed to, and her caring and fun side played a song in his mind. A song that moved his heart and filled him with emotions, a song that embraced him whole and left a desire to never let go.  
 

“I would love to,” she spoke, her words a little hard to hear as that big grin took over her face.

 

Jungkook felt lightweight, it almost felt like he was in a dream where everything was possible. He knew that Yein felt the same way, the flirting from the last weeks being strong evidence towards it. But it didn’t matter if he knew the answer, it was the bright aura that radiated off her and the way her sweet voice played with his heart that made his world stop.

 

“Let’s feed these two girls, we need to get going,” he spoke through a toothy grin, his heart still racing as fast as before as he begun to move to feed the two dogs who were waiting for their dinner.

 

Jungkook was happy the atmosphere didn’t turn into a typical awkward scene from a drama. They simply laughed, dancing to the music that echoed all throughout the house as they were getting ready to leave. It has become their thing, a fun past time to make cleaning the house and getting dressed more fun and exciting. It all started when Jungkook began to dance again, finding the hobby after Dr. Kwon told him he should pick it up again, as a way to recover one of the things his mother took from him.

 

Jungkook turned off the music, his body looming by the entrance as he simply wore a pair of high tops with dark jeans. He was casual in a baseball style shirt and his signature bomber jacket. They were headed out for a simple night, it became a tradition to go bowling at the end of every month, it all started when Junhong got too cocky after a game of pool at a bar. And today will be the first day that Jiwoo joins them, the first time she will be brought into his group of friends. The friends that stuck with him, supported him through his fight.

 

Yein came a second later, kissing the two dogs goodbye as she took a small toy from the floor and tossed it to the back of the house. Jungkook smiled, admiring how beautiful she looked with the simplest of clothes. She had black jeans on with black and white shoes carrying her steps with grace. A gray oversized shirt tucked in as a varsity jacket tied in everything.

 

It made him chuckle, they were all in their mid-twenties, closer to their thirties and still dressed as if they were in college. But can people blame them, he thought. After all, he was not able to enjoy his youth, he was caged through the blooming years of his life and he can finally live free, taking back those days stolen from him by walking banks.

 

The sun still lingered in the sky, casting a rather cool and nice light over them. It was a good day, a nice Friday to go out and spend it with his friends. He smiled a little brighter, thoughts lingering into his mind as he knew he was in a much better place, a healthier and happier place. One where he never imagined he could be in.

 

“What is it?” Yein asked, her voice slightly curious as her words pulled him out of his thoughts.

 

He looked at her, her eyes were looming with beauty as he simply felt his stomach sink with a warm feeling. He simply shrugged, taking her hand in his and watching as she simply smiled, her cheeks staining in a light pink as she simply squeezed his hand.

 

It wasn’t the first time they had showed affection. In the past couple of weeks, he has been a bit bolder with his feelings, showing them on full display. Holding her hand, getting her light gifts, bringing her flowers. Yein smelled like lilacs and he would always bought them for her, never failing to tell her that they were nothing compared to her.

 

He was happy he overheard Moonbin and Junhong talking that one time a month or two ago. That’s when he discovered she felt the way he felt, and with Dr. Kwon giving the okay, he moved fast to reciprocate everything he has ever seen or read.

 

When Dr. Kwon told him about his problems with relationships, she introduced a new therapy, a new behavioral retraining. He had no idea how to socialize, how to converse, how to be a member of society, let along how to treat someone if he were to be in a relationship with them. And her weird and abnormal ethics was, watch a drama, watch a movie, read books and simply observe every day people.

 

“Jungkook, can I ask you something?” She spoke, her eyes widening in innocence as her words were spoken as sweet as candy.

 

He nodded, retreating his hand away from the car door as he waited for her to talk, to ask, to speak her mind. He took in a deep breath, noting the way she shyly looked at the ground and slowly traced her gaze upwards.

 

“It’s been a couple of weeks since we’ve been showing affection, more than I thought I could show on my part. And today, it’s our wedding anniversary, and I think it’s the perfect time to ask you this,” she spoke, her body getting slightly closer towards his as he could feel her body heart against his skin.

 

He felt his stomach sink and his heart stop, it was as if her words had a tight grip on them and made him feel like he was falling. Yein was strong, she always stood tall and confident against anyone who dared question her intelligence and her capability to lead a company. But at that moment, she was a shy girl, like the teenager she never was, who rested her head against his chest and mumbled her request.

 

“You and I kissed at our wedding, but it wasn’t real. For today, can it become real?” Her words were spoken in an exasperated breath as he could feel her own body shaking.

 

He felt his world stop spinning as the noise of cars in the distance and the loud music coming from down the street, all disappeared. All he could feel was his throbbing heart beating against his ear.

 

Jungkook has never kissed anyone, and if he recalled, she hasn’t either. That day, two years ago when they were being spied on by a house server, he kissed his thumb that was above her lips because he wasn’t ready to kiss anyone, to steal her first kiss nor give his away so easily.

 

At their wedding, it was a brief peck that was as fast as it was feign. It was all an act, they did everything to sell a performance, but today, their feelings were different. They have been well aware of them, they each wore their affection as if it were their uniform and he finally asked her out, formally.

 

It wasn’t fake anymore. What they each felt wasn’t fabricated, it wasn’t for show, it was genuine. And he wasn’t scared, he wasn’t hesitating to give away his first kiss because his heart told him yes and his mind just knew what to tell his body.

 

“Yes, it can,” he whispered, his mind replaying all the scenes that he watched and all the scene that were depicted by words.

 

He has hardly even known how to care for someone, how to show affection. He felt love before. He had realized he had felt something for Jiwoo before, but it was fabricated by the wrong circumstances because he was desperate for a light in his world of darkness. But he knew that he was in control of his mind, of his body and his feelings.

 

He no longer feared abandonment nor rejection. His parents and his disorder had taken away the feeling of love and affection from him. But not anymore, he was done being a prisoner, he was done being in the back seat with his life in the hands of someone else.

 

He was still figuring out who he was, who this Jungkook is, but he knew one thing. He was in love with Yein, and he will do what it takes to make her happy.

 

He never deserved her. Someone out there in the world was meant to love Yein unconditionally and make her the happiest person in the world, because she deserved nothing more. He felt sorry for that person, because in the end, he was the one kissing her.

 

It just meant one thing, he was the one who was going to make her the happiest person in the world, he was the one who was going to love her unconditionally. He was the one who proved to be worthy of her love after all.


Took me long enough, am I right?

I needed the time to be perfect for this, I didn't want to trow the relationship at full swing when Jungkook was still tyring to recover.

If you think the kiss was too rush in this scene, fun fact, its was inspired by my first kiss.

I had known him for about three months and we hadn't even confessed our feelings, if this scene can happen in real life, it can be written about.

Besides, Jungkook and Yein have known eachother for years, I think that it was cute.

Side Note: I have officially published one of the two stories I have been wokring on.

University of Misfortune

Jiwoo is a university student who was told she would meet the love of her life at college.

But, she was told to avoid the guy with the tattoo on Friday the 13th.

Its a fun and weird story about Jiwoo as she goes through college with her friends and tries to fall in love with every guy she meets,

avoiding anyone with a tattoo.

Will she be able to avoid the tattoo guy and fall in love?

It's a more light hearted and simply fun story, I need something soft and weird to write.

Hope you check it out, I will have the first chapter up on Monday, so if you have time, do check it out.

Thank you for reading you amazing human, have a good one!