Chapter 8

Love Strong [HIATUS]

The next day, I got woken up by Xiuying.  She tore the blanket from me and opened the curtains so that the sun would shine right into my room.  I groaned and turned to my other side while curling into a ball. 

"Get up, sleepyhead," she told me and poked my cheek. 

"No," I whined.  "Just... just a little longer..." 

"Nope, I can't let you." 

"Why??"  I paused and opened one of my eyes to look at her.  "How'd you get in here?" 

"Oh, your mom gave me a key because I know you took the one that you had given me back." 

I groaned again and closed my eye.  "I thought I had the morning off..." I mumbled. 

"No, that's tomorrow."  I laid in bed without moving, hoping that Xiuying would give up.  But then she threatened, "If you don't get up I'm going to pour water on you." 

"No," I whined again. 

This time, she poked my and jumped onto the bed, too.  "Get up, get up," she chanted.  She poked my again and ruffled my hair until I rolled over and sat up. 

"Jie, stooop," I pleaded with a pout. 

"Are you up, now?" 

"Yes." 

"Okay, get ready.  We have to leave in 15 minutes." 

"What?!" I exclaimed. 

"I kept trying to wake you up before," Xiuying said simply and walked out of my bedroom. 

I forced myself to get out of bed and head into the bathroom.  I stared at my reflection before rubbing my eyes awake.  After just standing there for a moment, I started washing up.  As soon as I was done, which only took me 5 minutes, I went to my closet and picked out some ripped, boyfriend jeans, and a simple graphic tee. 

"Are you almost done?" Xiuying called out to me. 

"Yeah," I replied and went into the kitchen. 

"I made some pancakes and cut some oranges." 

"Oh, thanks." 

"Your welcome." 

She placed two plates in front of me, one with two pancakes with syrup and the other with four halves of oranges.  I started eating the pancakes while she took one half of an orange and started eating it. 

Once we were done, we went down to the parking lot and got into Xiuying's car and started driving to my company.  When we got there I greeted the staff and other managers before following Xiuying into one of the office rooms.  We met with the coordinator that dealt with my scheduling and started talking about the next couple of months. 

I had set my future schedules with the coordinator and then Xiuying and I went to my audition.  The part I was auditioning for was one of the main cast members of a short drama.  I've worked with the same director that was directing this short drama before, and he suggested for me to come out and audition, so I did. 

"That was great, Jia," the director complimented. 

"Thank you," I thanked him

"We'll discuss and let you know by tonight, probably." 

"Okay.  I'll be going then.  Thank you again." 

"No, thank you for coming in." 

"Oh, it was my pleasure." 

I shook hand with and bowed to the director and the others in the room and left to find Xiuying.  When I found her, she was waiting outside and on the phone with someone.  She looked at me as I walked up to her and tried to finishe up her phonecall. 

"Okay.  Goodbye," she said. 

"Who was that?" I asked. 

"A producer." 

"What'd they say?" 

"The guy said he wanted you to star in a drama, but I told him that we'll see how things are with your schedule." 

"Oh okay." 

We got into the car and drove off to my next schedule which happened to be a photoshoot.  It took us half an hour to get to the studio, but once we were there, I had to get changed right away.  As soon as I was changed and ready to go, they started the photoshoot. 

After a couple of single shots, they called in the male model and we started doing some couple shots.  At first, it was a little awkward because I had never had to do a real couple shoot before.  In the past, I was usually with a group of actors and actresses. 

"Hello, I'm Bai Juyi," he introduced himself. 

"Hi, I'm Lee Jia," I said. 

"I'm a big fan." 

"Oh, really?" 

"Yes." 

I looked at him and he shyly rubbed the back of his neck.  I smiled.  Then the photographer came back with his camera and asked us to start posing. 

I sat down on the chair and leaned back while Juyi stood behind the chair.  We moved from the chairs to a corner.  The photographer told me to sit in his lap, and thought I hesitated, eventually I did and we wrapped up the shoot. 

"Thank you," I thanked everyone. 

"I hope we can work together again, Jia," Juyi said and then walked away to his dressing room.  The guy was actually pretty calm and nice.  He made things more comfortable for me. 

After I was finished looking at the screen full of pictures that we had just taken, I turned and was pulled into a hug.  My eyes widened in surprise, but soon calmed once I saw who was hugging me. 

"You scared me," I told him and leaned into his hug. 

He just smirked and planted a kiss onto my lips.  "That's your punishment," he said. 

I smiled and wiggled out of his hug.  "I need to get changed," I told him.  "When did you get here?" I asked, while walking towards my dressing room. 

"A while ago.  I saw you..." he mumbled the last bit. 

"What did you say?" I asked curiously. 

We got into my dressing room, no one was in there, and then Yixing closed the door and pushed me against the wall.  He pinned my arms down and leaned in very close to me.  I looked at him in surprise, but didn't say anything. 

He pushed his body against mine and then finally leaned in to kiss me.  Then he slid his hands up to interlock with mine.  Our heated kiss didn't last long though because there was a knock at the door.  Yixing reluctantly pulled away and opened the door for who ever was there. 

Xiuying came in and greeted Yixing quickly before going to the couch and doing something on her phone.  I glanced at Yixing, who was standing behind me, and was about to grab my other clothes before he gently slapped my . 

I silently gasped and hit Yixing's arm before going into the bathroom to change.  When I came out, he was smirking at me and blew a kiss to me.  I glared at him and hung up the clothes I was wearing for the shoot. 

"Stop it," I told him with a pout. 

"It's punishment for getting so close to that guy," he whispered into my ear. 

"Oh, so you're jealous?"  I raised my eyebrows at him and poked his chest.  Now it was his turn to pout.  I pecked his lips and put my arms around his waist and looked up at him.  "Don't worry.  You don't have to be jealous because in this world I only have you." 

He cracked a smile and caressed my cheek.  "And I only have you." 

 

 


Hello everyone!  I hope you like this chapter!  :D  Writing this chapter took a lot longer than I had hoped for... I'll try and update again soon, so don't leave!!  Hehe, I hope you guys had a great day and I'll update and put another story up soon!! 

 

Angelflyer