Chapter 13

Love Strong [HIATUS]

"Are you at the place yet?" Yixing asked me over the phone. 

"Yeah, we just got here," I told him.  "Are you almost here?" 

"Uhm, I think we should be there in 15 minutes." 

"Okay.  I'll see you then." 

"Sounds good.  Bye-bye." 

"Bye." 

After ending the phone call with Yixing, I put my phone in my bag and got out of the car.  Xiuying talked with some of the staff as she waited for me.  Then we went into the trailer that they had ready for me. 

"So, when is Yixing coming?" Xiuying asked while I was getting my make-up done. 

"He should be here in 15 minutes, he said," I told her. 

It had been so long since I saw Yixing.  After New Year's we didn't get to see each other at all.  He was busy going back and forth from China to Korea that it was hard to set a date and time to meet up.  I, on the other hand, had a more flexible schedule, but since I knew I couldn't see Yixing, I took up some photoshoots, advertisements, and interviews for the past couple of months. 

Once my hair was done, my stylist handed me some distressed jeans, a simple, white top, and a pair of gym shoes.  The outfit was similar to what I would usually wear everyday, so I was surprised, but then I was told that we would be getting sweaters to match our teammates and it didn't matter anyway. 

"Oh, the director said that you would be jumping on a stage so they need you to go and try it out," Xiuying told me after I was done changing. 

The two of us went out and was greeted by the other guests as we made our way to the small built stage.  While Xiuying went away to answer a call, the director told us what he had planned for us.  He said that he wanted us to be shot up in the air by the stage lift as an opening.  At first, the idea scared me, but then Yixing came. 

He was running all the way from the car park to get over to where the stage and the rest of us were.  When he made it, he started greeting everyone formally while he was out of breath.  He stood beside me and I patted his back, trying to help him calm down.  Then it came time for us to try it. 

First Angelababy went, but they decided to not go through with shooting her up in the air because she was wearing a dress.  Next was Jiang Jinfu and he landed perfectly.  Then it was Yixing.  He confidently went through with it and landed just as perfectly as Jinfu. 

"How are you so good at that?" I asked while they continued with the next person. 

"We've been doing it for our concerts.  It's the same thing, so I've had practice," he replied. 

"Oh..." 

"Are you nervous?" 

"More like scared." 

He smiled at me softly and put his arm around my shoulder.  "You'll do fine.  Just listen to what the guy tells you down there, and make sure your knees are bent or else you'll hurt yourself." 

I felt my nervousness slowly slip away as he comforted me and gave me hints.  Then we watched Ye Zuxin jump.  At first he didn't quite land correctly and fell to his knees, but he tried again and landed it.  After him was Aarif Lee.  He was just as confident as Yixing and landed nicely. 

Then it was my turn.  All that nervousness that was slowly going away immediately came back to me as I made my way under the stage.  I felt my palms start to sweat as the guy was talking to me.  I tried so hard to pay attention to what he was saying, but I couldn't.  Then he helped me onto the square platform and counted down for me. 

It felt like the shortest countdown in my life because in no time I was being pushed up into the air.  As fast as I was shot up in the air, I was falling at the same speed.  I looked down and realized how high up I was.  Then I had a little panic attack in the air, which probably caused me to fall over once my feet hit the ground. 

As soon as I fell, I saw Yixing and Xiuying rushing up the stairs in the front.  "Are you okay?" Xiuying asked in a worried tone.  She kneeled down beside me and scanned me for major injuries. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," I told them. 

Yixing put his hand out and helped me up to my feet.  My ankles kind of hurt after that, but I didn't want them to get even more worried. 

"Should I ask them to have you raised like Angelababy?" Xiuying asked as she got up as well. 

"No...  I'll try... one more time," I said hesitantly. 

"You don't have to force yourself, love," Yixing said and brushed some hair behind my ear. 

"No, I want to do it," I stated, this time more sure. 

"Okay, fine.  But, if you fall again, I'm having them change it," Xiuying said and walked away. 

"Are you sure?  I don't want you getting hurt," Yixing said and interlaced our fingers together. 

"Yeah.  I want to try."  I gave him a smile and then set off back to underneath the stage. 

As I waited for the countdown, I realized that as nerve wracking and startling it was, it was also kind of fun.  It made me feel like I was flying, even though it was only a few seconds. 

This time, I was able to land the jump.  I was totally unstable, but at least I didn't fall over like the first time.  I smiled as I came down the stairs and jumped into Yixing's arms. 

"I did it," I said proudly like a little kid. 

"I knew you could," Yixing whispered while kissing the top of my head and we both chuckled. 

 

 


Hia!  Long time no see haha :)  I've had this chapter written out, but just didn't edit it until now...  I am so sorry for the late update... I wish I could update more often, but it's just hard when school is taking up most of my time and I don't know exactly what I was going to write to continue this story... so I'm going to put this story on hiatus for now until I figure things out and I become less busy :P  Don't worry, I'm not discontinuing this story, though it might take a while for me to come back and write on a daily basis.  Even if it takes me forever I will come back!  Thank you so much, and I'm sorry to those who have looked forward to this fic and have given it love.  I'll try to come back as soon as I can with this fic!  :)

 

Angelflyer