Chapter 11

Love Strong [HIATUS]

"Jia, could you get the door?" Xiuying asked from the kitchen. 

"Sure," I called out. 

I walked over to the front door and took a peek before opening it and allowing Xiuying's parents to come in. 

"Hello," I greeted them. 

"Oh, Jia!  How long has it been since I've last seen you?" Xiuying's mom said and pulled me into a hug. 

"Quite a while," I answered her. 

Her parents and I made it over to the living room, but then the doorbell rang again.  I told her parents to sit while I went to get the door again.  This time it was Lijun's parents who were standing at the door.  I had only met them a couple of times, so it was a bit more awkward between us, but thankfully Lijun came out to save me. 

As their parents happily chatted with each other, I joined the couple in the kitchen and helped with the dishes and brought them out to the table.  Their dining table was surprisingly fit for eight-- ten if you add chairs to the ends of the table. 

Actually, their whole apartment was quite large for just the two of them.  It had four bedrooms, two and a half baths, and an open concept living room, kitchen, and dining room.  That's why they really didn't mind when I wanted to sleep over. 

Xiuying and Lijun called their parents to come eat and we all sat down at the dining table together.  Just as dinner was coming to an end, I got a phone call from my mom.  I excused myself from the table and went to the hallway to take the call. 

"Hello?" I answered. 

"Dear, my flight got canceled because of all of the snow," my mom told me. 

"Oh, really?" 

"Yes...  I'm so sorry, sweetie.  I knew I should've taken an earlier flight." 

"It's okay, mom.  Don't worry about it." 

"But I won't be able to get on a plane until tomorrow noon." 

"Then I'll see you in the afternoon.  Where are you now?" 

"I was just about to get into my car until I was informed about my flight." 

"Oh.  Well, just stay home.  I wouldn't want you to travel in dangerous weather conditions anyway." 

"It's New Year's Eve, though." 

"We'll still have New Year's Day." 

"I guess you're right.  Okay, dear, have fun with Xiuying.  I'll see you tomorrow." 

"Okay, bye, mom." 

I hung up with her and slid my phone back into my pocket before I made my way back to the dining room.  I sat down and finished my dinner.  Then I helped Xiuying with the dishes. 

It was around 9 pm when Xiuying and Lijun's close friends started arriving.  Some I knew, others I had never seen them before.  I went around introducing myself to the new faces and made conversation with the older ones. 

Soon enough, midnight was a couple of minutes away.  The couples grabbed their partners and the rest of us gathered in the living room.  Lijun the t.v. and turned the channel to one where they were counting down the minutes and seconds. 

Within a few minutes, we were all counting down the seconds.  "5... 4... 3... 2... 1!  Happy New Year!" everyone exclaimed.  There were cheers, laughter, kisses, hugs, and glasses clinking heard all around the room. 

I happily hugged a friend, then spotted a couple kissing.  I couldn't help but feel a slight bitter feeling.  On the outside I was extremely happy, I was also happy on the inside, but I felt like something was missing.  More like someone than something

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.  I looked at Xiuying and Lijun, wondering who it could be because it was already so late and I was pretty sure everyone that they had invited was already here.  I was ready to get up and go open the door for who ever was there until Xiuying said that she would get it. 

"So, Jia," one of Xiuying's friend, and a worker for the company I was under, started.  "Where's the boyfriend?" 

"Oh, I think he's on his way to Korea right now," I replied. 

Before either of us could say anything more, I felt someone wrap their arms around me.  "Am I, now?" their voice asked. 

I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly turned around so I could hug him properly.  "What are you doing here?" I asked into his shirt. 

"I came to see you, of course," Yixing smoothly replied. 

I looked up to see him smiling at me.  Then I tip-toed and kissed his lips.  "I love you." 

"I love you, too." 

After our little moment, Yixing was pulled away from me by some of the guys.  Then Xiuying came out of no where and hugged me. 

"I hope you liked your little surprise," she said and let go of me. 

"Of course I did," I told her.  "Did you ask him to come?" 

"Well... yes and no." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I asked him what he was doing for New Year's and told him to come and join us.  Then the rest was all him.  He told me and Lijun to keep it a surprise for you." 

I smiled.  "Thanks." 

Xiuying gave me another quick hug before she left. 

After a couple of hours had passed, the guests started to leave.  Once the last of the guests had left, there was only Lijun and Xiuying's parents, Yixing, and I left.  Their parents had went to bed a long time ago leaving just the four of us to clean up and hang out in the living room. 

While I was helping Xiuying in the kitchen, the two guys were out cleaning the living room.  I washed the dishes and Xiuying dried them. 

"So, when are you and Yixing gonna get married?" Xiuying hiccuped and booty-bumped me. 

"Did you drink too much?" I asked her. 

"No!  Now answer me." 

I laughed.  She definitely was tipsy.  "I don't know," I replied honestly. 

"But you've been dating for years!" 

"Two years are not long." 

"Yeah but you guys have known each other for like five years!  So, two plus five is seven.  That's longer than me and Lijun!" 

"That's you and Lijun-ge.  Not me and Yixing." 

"What?  Do I need to talk to Yixing for you?!  Is he being a jerk-face?" 

"No!  Xiuying, be quiet.  They might hear you." 

"Hear what?" Yixing asked as he came up from behind us. 

"Oh, nothing," I told him. 

"You-" Xiuying was about to say something until I shushed her. 

"Don't mind her.  She's just a little drunk," I explained to Yixing. 

He chuckled and nodded his head.  Thankfully Xiuying didn't say anything else or else I would've put soap in . 

Once we were done with the dishes, we went to sit in the living room.  Xiuying was crawling all over Lijun and whispering in his ear making Yixing and I laugh until our stomachs hurt.  I felt bad for Lijun because he had to deal with her, but I didn't feel as bad when I saw him laughing as well. 

Lijun brought Xiuying up to their room after she had almost puked, then came back to pull out blankets for the two of us. 

"I hope you guys don't mind sleeping in this room," Lijun said as he handed two pillows to us. 

Their parents had taken the two guest bedrooms and all that was left was was their gym slash work room area.  Yixing and I really didn't mind because the room was big enough to fit an air mattress in the corner and that was good enough for us. 

"It's fine," Yixing said. 

"Yeah, we'll be fine," I added. 

"Okay.  Well, I'll leave you guys alone now." 

"Thanks for everything," Yixing and I both said. 

"It's nothing.  You guys should come over more often." 

"We'll keep that in mind," I said. 

Lijun left after saying another goodbye, leaving just the two of us.  Then I went to use the bathroom and change first, then Yixing went.  Once the both of us were ready for bed, we climbed into bed together and cuddled. 

"I thought you were supposed to go to Korea," I said and snuggled closer to him. 

"I was, but things happened and our schedule changed," Yixing told me. 

"So when are you going back?" 

"Next week.  We'll be back within a couple of days, though." 

"Okay.  Oh, hey, I'll be on 'Hurry Up, Brother' with you." 

"I heard.  My manager told me."  He pulled me closer.  "It'll be fun." 

I smiled.  "I bet it will, especially since you'll be there with me." 

"Aw, you're being too sweet again." 

"Only for you." 

He pecked my lips and then yawned. 

I chuckled.  "Okay, you're tired, so sleep." 

"No.  I'm fine."  He yawned again. 

"Goodnight."  I kissed his lips. 

"Goodnight, my love."

 

 


Hia!  I know!  It's been forever once again... I am so sorry.  But!  I have been writing and have written the next two-ish chapters and have them pretty much set, but I won't be putting them all out at once just so that I can like plan ahead and you guys wont have to wait for months and months for me to update haha :P 

 

Angelflyer