Chapter 6

Love Strong [HIATUS]

Yixing and I made our way to my changing room and met Xiuying there talking on the phone with someone.  She greeted the two of us quickly before going back to her phonecall.  I waved for Yixing to follow me. 

I grabbed my change of clothes from my bag and went into the bathroom.  After I came out, Yixing was paciently waiting for me.  His face lighted when I appeared and he stood up. 

"The night is still early.  What did you want to do, love?" he asked. 

"Hmm...  I don't know..." I replied while hanging the clothes that I was wearing to film up on the hanger. 

"Is your mom still in town?" 

"No... she actually left this morning." 

"Awe...  Well, let's go walk downtown then." 

"Okay." 

Xiuying drove us to the downtown area and dropped us off.  Then it was just the two of us.  We walked hand in hand as we passed by some stores and food stands.  It was still fairly early, so there weren't that many people out yet. 

We spent at least an hour out before stopping at a small diner to get something to eat.  We went to sit at a small booth in the corner and sat across from each other.  As we waited for our food, I played with Yixing's fingers while telling him about what had happened during filming.  Then he told me about his day and the trip here. 

"When are the others going to come?" I asked. 

"Monday," he replied. 

"Oh...  You're going to that charity event, right?" 

"Yup.  It's in Yunfu." 

"What?!  Why are you here then?  Yunfu is really far from here." 

"I wanted to see you."  He smiled. 

"How much sleep have you gotten lately?  I know ever since the comeback you guys have been as busy as ever." 

"Well..." 

"Be honest." 

"Not really then." 

"Yixing.  As much as I want to be with you, I'd really rather you go and rest a lot more.  There will always be chances for us, but I want you to be fully rested and healthy." 

Yixing sat there for a moment before straightening up and leaning forward.  He reached his hand forward and pushed some of my hair behind my ear with a smile.  "Okay," he said.  "But make an exeption just for tonight.  Please?" 

"Alright," I said with a nod. 

We finished eating and left the diner.  Then we walked down the street a little more and grabbed a little dessert to go.  Then we took a taxi to my place to relax for a bit. 

As soon as we got dropped off at the building, we went up and laid in my bed together.  We snuggled close together into each other's warmth and whispered sweet-nothings to one another.  Then Yixing got a call from his manager saying that he was waiting for him in front. 

We both got up and went down to the lobby area. 

"Call me or text me," I whispered as we hugged. 

"I will," he replied and kissed my cheek. 

He waved as he climbed into the car.  Before I went back up to my apartment, I watched as their car drove away and disappeared from sight. 

 

A month later, Yixing and I met on a show called "Star Room Escape."  This was his second time being on the show and my first.  I was a little nervous because I had watched some episodes before and saw how challenging it could get.  I was getting my make-up done when I heard a knock on the door.  Xiuying opened the door and Yixing walked in. 

I smiled at him through the mirror and watched as he came near the table.  I slipped my hand into his and squeezed it gently. 

"Are you excited?" he asked. 

"More nervous," I replied. 

"It'll be fine."  He looked at me with reassurance and kissed the back of my hand. 

Soon enough it was time to start shooting.  We began smoothly and I greeted all of the other guest members.  Then the real fun began as we went into a room and put into tubes and started the first round. 

Mr. Key started talking and explaining directions, then we started.  First to go was Guo Xiao Dong, then Jin Xiao Yu, Yixing, and then me.  Suddenly, the red balls started falling on my head and I looked up at the blue screen.  In only a couple of seconds I said the answer and it went on to the next person. 

The round went on and eventually Chi Chang Geng lost the round.  Then the five of us left went back into the main meeting room.  We only chatted for a little bit before we had to go back into another room for the next round. 

The challenge this time was the one that Yixing had done last time he was on the show.  The floor started moving and metal planks started coming out of the wall.  I knew that it was going to move, but still I ended up getting startled and a little flustered. 

Quickly, Yixing gently tugged on my wrist and led me to a plank.  I hopped on at the same time as Yixing and we both safely put our backs to the wall. 

This time the questions were harder and didn't go as smoothly as the last.  I started to slightly panic on the inside when my plank started getting shorter and shorter, but I didn't want to show it. 

From time to time I would catch Yixing glancing over at me and I would just smile at him.  He tried giving me the answers that he knew, but I always got difficult ones that no one seemed to know until the last second. 

Na Zha and I were in the danger zone and had barely enough space to move our feet, but in the end, I lost and fell into the black abyss. 

After I was helped up from falling into a little pit that was filled with soft, square sponges, I went and sat in a little lounge room with Chang Geng.  We watched as the others progressed through the next round.  And soon we were joined by Na Zha, then Xiao Yu. 

Before the last and final round, the crew decided to take a break.  I went back to my changing room, but before I had a chance to sit down, a staff came knocking at the door and informed me that Yixing had picked me to bring back and help him during the last round. 

Once break was over, I changed into the wet suit that they had given me and made my way to the room where the last round would take place.  They wouldn't start filming us until we got down the ladder, so I took the chance and pulled Yixing into a quick hug. 

"Hey," I started, "you have to be more careful with those ice picks." 

"I was in a rush," he said. 

I looked at him.  "But if you were to accidentally poke yourself, you would start to bleed out." 

He cupped my cheek with his hand and pecked my forehead.  "I'm fine." 

I pouted and was going to say more, but then Chang Geng and Guo Xiao Dong came into the room, too.  Xiao Dong smirked at the two of us and came to pat Yixing on the shoulder. 

The staff said that we needed to start filming soon, so we headed down into the little room that would fill with water.  They started right away and the water began to fill the space and in no time the water was up to my hips and I started to feel a bit nervous. 

I loved the water, don't get me wrong, but I had no idea how to swim and stay afloat.  We were in the middle of figuring out which key to use before the water shut off automatically, signaling that the others had already gotten out and had won. 

I looked at Yixing and fixed my grip on a handle before I let go and accidentally drowned.  I mean- I probably wouldn't have anyways because Yixing was literally right there, but I just wanted to keep on the safe side.  Soon enough the opened the hatch and let us climb up the ladder to get out. 

"I'm sorry," I apologized to Yixing. 

He looked at me confused.  "Why?" he asked. 

"I couldn't help you win the game." 

He wrapped his arm around me and said, "I don't care about winning.  I just wanted to be with you longer." 

A small smile grew onto my face and I felt my cheeks heat up.  As we were walking back down to our changing rooms, Xiao Dong passed us and whispered "lovebirds" in a hushed tone to tease us.  Yixing chuckled and pulled me even closer. 

 

 


Hey guys!  Long time no see :)  I hope you guys liked this chapter, though I kinda rushed through the last half of it...  School will be over for me after this week, so I'm planning to update a lot in the summer! 

Oh and just so you know, I will be going through mostly all of the schedules that Yixing has had, but they might not all be accurate because I'm going to add the main character in and just because I forgot what I had planned for some events because it's been so long... But yeah, anyways I'll try and update again soon! 

 

~Angelflyer