Chapter 4

Love Strong [HIATUS]

My mom and I walked down into the city and wondered around the shops.  It wasn't too crouded since it was morning, but there were still a couple of fans who noticed me and came up for a picture or autograph.  Especially when we stopped at a cafe for something to drink, there were many fans who came up to us two.  My mom, who I expected to be overwhelmed, encouraged me to sign and or take a picture with them.  

Around noon we began wrapping up our morning together and started heading back to my apartment.  And as soon as we reached the lobby area, Yixing tried calling me. 

"Hey," I greeted. 

"Hi, my love," he greeted back. 

"What are you doing right now?" I asked. 

"Packing to come to China." 

"Oh, really?  When are you guys going to be here?" 

"In three days.  We'll be over there for a while, then come back here to get ready for another comeback and yeah.  Oh, have you eaten already?" 

"No.  I snacked with my mom while we were in the city, but I was going to go and have lunch with my manager." 

"Your mom's there?" 

"Yeah, she got here yesterday when I got back." 

"How long is she staying with you?" 

"I'm not sure, actually.  Why?" 

"Because I haven't seen her in a while and I wanted to take her out to eat." 

"Wow, what about me, huh?" 

"You want to be our third-wheel?" he asked teasingly. 

"Fine, you can just go out with my mom," I said, trying to sound as sassy as possible. 

"Bao bei, I'm sorry.  I love you so much.  Please be mine forever." 

I giggled and smiled.  "Okay, Xing-ah.  I forgive you." 

"Good, now you get a punishment the moment I see you." 

"Huh?  Why?"  I began to pout. 

"Because I said so."  I could tell that he was smiling. 

"Ah, alright, alright.  I have to go now.  I'll see you in three days.  I love you." 

"I love you, too.  See you." 

By the time I said goodbye to Yixing, we had made it up into my apartment and I was laying in my bed like a teenager talking to her first ever boyfriend.  I put my phone down and went into the living room where my mom was setting up her laptop and making sure that things worked. 

"Are you about to start, mom?" I asked as I poured some water for her and myself. 

"Yup.  Whenever they are ready for me," she replied and looked up as I was handing her her cup. 

I sat down across from her as she took a sip of water. 

"I'm going to head out with Xiuying for lunch today.  Did you want me to bring you anything back?" 

"Um, no I'm good.  I think I'll be busy until you come back most likely." 

"Oh, okay then.  Well, I need to get going.  I'll be home soon." 

I went back to my room and grabbed my wallet and phone.  Then I came back out into the living room.  I finished my water and put the cup into the sink before giving my mom a quick hug and heading downstairs to my manager. 

"Jia!" Xiuying called out. 

"Oh, hey," I smiled. 

We climbed into Xiuying's car drove for a couple of minutes before parking at this one buffet that we would go to when I'm not quite that busy.  As soon as we walked in, the host showed us to our table and asked for drinks we would like. 

"When is Yixing coming back to China?" Xiuying asked as she took off her purse. 

"They'll be here in three days," I replied and saw a dish on the counter that caught my eye. 

"Really?"  She put her stuff down on her chair then began walking over to the counters of food. 

I followed and answered, "Yeah." 

"What are they going to be doing?" 

"I think they'll perform 'Overdose' and go for interviews."  I followed her and grabbed a plate and started to fill it with food. 

"I hope you're not planning to go see them because you're filming all day on Friday and Saturday." 

"What?  Really?" 

"Yeah, I thought I sent your schedule to you." 

"I haven't looked at it yet." 

"Jia," she whined. 

"I'm sorry.  All weekend I was in Korea, so I didn't think of looking at my emails or texts."  I looked at her as innocently as I could. 

She sighed and started walking back to our table.  I quickly followed her and sat down.  She looked down at my plate before she could get any food to and stared. 

"Have you been starving yourself until now?" she asked. 

"No," I said.  "Why?" 

"That's a lot of food." 

"I'm hungry."  I pouted. 

"Okay, eat up." 

Xiuying was seven years older than me.  We met before I even got accepted to my first official role.  Since then she's just been like an older sister to me all these years.  She's also married to gym trainer named Lijun.  He became my personal trainer for half a year because my company asked me get in shape for a certain drama where I played as an athlete. 

We finished eating and then Xiuying dropped me off at home.  "Hey, go to sleep early tonight.  I'll pick you up around 5.  You have early filming and then we have to get you to an interview for a magazine." 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." 

"Goodnight." 

"Night." 

I closed the passenger seat door and then went up to my apartment.  I found my mom still sitting on the couch intensely listening to what the people on her screen were saying.  Quietly, I walked passed her and into my room.  I took off my jacket and threw my phone onto my bed. 

It was only 3:25 in the afternoon, but I had nothing else to do really.  Usually I would be out with Xiuying or on a schedule.  This time I had no schedule because I was filming all night last night and I wanted Xiuying to have some alone time with Lijun since it was also her freetime. 

I tried texting Yixing, but he didn't respond- probably because he was at his schedule.  Then, instead of just laying on my bed, I decided to go out and see what I could make for dinner. 

When I was walking past the living room, my mom was saying goodbye to her coworkers.  As soon as the video call ended, she came over to the kitchen where I was. 

"What are you doing?" she asked, putting her hand on my shoulder. 

"Wondering what to make for dinner," I replied. 

"Just make a simple stir-fry." 

"Alright, I'll get the beef out to thaw." 

"Okay, dear.  I need to finish up some paperwork.  Then I'll come and help you." 

"No, it's alright.  I'll cook for you." 

"Awe, you're so sweet.  I love you." 

"Love you, too, mom." 

 

 


Hi everyone!  Did you guys listen to "For Life" yet?  It melted my heart haha!  The whole album is pretty good (as always, duhh)  Anyways, I still have school next week, so I won't be able to update yet, but once break hits I'm hoping to write more chapters so I can get it out to you guys sooner! 

 

~Angelflyer