Chapter 6

Once Upon A Twice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Credits (Cr): to the people who took the picture

 

Jeongyeon clicked her tongue in annoyance as she picked her bow up and shot the Demon Guards. She had been spending half an hour trying to convince them that the queen herself had given her a task and now that she completed it, she was here to claim her treasure. But the guards didn’t believe her so she resorted to a forceful entry. Jeongyeon might have wanted to rethink about that decision but it was too late anyway; the whole castle was already alerted. As she walked in, more guards greeted her with their weapons, whom Jeongyeon disarmed quite easily as she made her way to the throne room – which she assumes would be behind the huge and elegantly designed double doors down the hallway.

 

Meanwhile, Nayeon was awoken from her little nap on the throne by the rushing of guards in the castle.

 

NY: You! What’s all this?!

 

“T-there is an intruder your majesty!”

 

Nayeon furrowed her brows and waved her staff. Mist appeared in front of her and showed her who that intruder was. Her eyes widened.

 

“STOP!” She hissed as she hit the of her staff on the ground. This caused a surge through the castle and caused everyone to hold their fire. Jeongyeon was kind of taken aback to why they all stopped but then the double doors open and she saw the queen, herself, sitting at the throne. She smiled and walked in to the room and bowed in respect to the higher up.

 

NY: What brings you here hood?

 

JY: Well, I got what you want.

 

Nayeon cocked her brows. Seeing her do that, Jeongyeon took out the idol from her leather backpack and showed it to her before tossing it to the guard that was standing beside her. From the corner of her eye, she could also see that the enchantress was peeking from behind the doorway, looking at her heart.

 

NY: Hand it over, take the money and go.

 

JY: No.

 

NY: No?

 

JY: I don’t want money. This time I want explanations. Who are you? What do you know about me?

 

Jeongyeon could see Nayeon visibly sighing and nodded her head upon her request. She knew Jeongyeon would do anything to get what she wants.

 

NY: All of you, please leave us… Even you Momo, I’ll get it back for you okay?

 

Momo was reluctant to leave in fear that she might lose her heart again but she dared not defy the queen. After both of them were alone, Nayeon instructed Jeongyeon to close her eyes before she waved her staff again. Mists started to form around Jeongyeon as the memories that she lost was played for her. Meanwhile, Nayeon tried to keep a straight face.

 

Them meeting in a normal human school full of normal kids.

 

Them attending high school together.

 

Collage.

 

They discovered their abilities as marks men in collage. That was how they landed in the ice queen’s palace.

 

Then came when the dark side waged a war – The Dark Days

 

NY: Jeongyeon watch out!!!!

 

She felt a sharp in in her chest. She looked down; an arrow.

 

NY: ANIIIIII!!!!!!!!

 

That was the last thing she heard.

 

 

 

The loved each other but none confessed.

 

 

 

“Join me and I will revive your friend.” – And she did.

 

Nayeon knew how much Jeongyeon hated the darkside. And after the mist faded away, she was met with a crying girl, shaking and with her fists clenched tightly. Nayeon tightened her jaw and diverted her sight away. She couldn’t face Jeongyeon anymore after what she saw. And when she did steal glances at her, Jeongyeon’s eyes would be full of hatred.

 

JY: I would rather die, Im Nayeon.

 

With that, she turned away and stormed out of the castle. And from that moment on, Nayeon knew that things between them were over.

 

Jeongyeon was running through the forbidden forest, trying to clear her mind of the horrible memories. She was running aimlessly and screaming out her frustrations at the top of her lungs. When she finally came to a stop, fatigue caught up with her. She bent over to take a few breaths and when she lifted up her head, she saw a familiar building; the Ice Palace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonbyul seemed to have forgotten she had a girlfriend again when she was flirting with the pretty intern in her department. The two doctors were giggling away when Moonbyul was pulled back by her elbow. She was taken aback and turned to see Hwasa, or whom she calls Hyejin, was looking at her intensely.

 

H: Sorry to spoil your little date but can I borrow Dr. Moon for a moment?

 

The intern blushed and nodded her head, giving Hwasa the signal to drag the doctor away. Moonbyul winced at how hard the latter’s grip on her arm was as she was being dragged to an obscure corner of the hospital.

 

M: Look Hyejin I'm sorry, I didn't mean to flirt please don't tell Solar...

 

H: Happy to hear that you realize your mistakes but I'm not here to talk to you about that. Remember that day you called me up?

 

Moonbyul got serious and listened to her friend attentively. Hwasa gulped and look at Moonbyul straight in the eye.

 

H: It was a vampire... Not just any... But a pure blood...

 

M: What?!-

 

H: Shh!!

 

"I thought we killed every last one of the vampires?! T-this is bad..." The doctor said while walking back and forth with one arm crossed and the other placed under her chin. Moonbyul knew that the latter was never wrong when it came to her senses and tracking skills. Out of the team of 4 vampire hunters, the youngest one was the strongest exterminator - she wouldn't lie.

 

Long ago, even before Jihyo was the crowned princess, when the Vampire population was thriving, hunting groups were created to hunt and kill them. The vampires always caused trouble in the human realm. That was until when the Emperor of the Ice Castle sent his best 4 hunters out to get rid of them.

 

Solar - Leader; Can see the future but can't control when she would be able to see it.

 

Moonbyul - Tech Expert; Keeps up wit hthe latest technology.

 

Wheein - Marksman; Works in a humble store.

 

Hwasa - Tracker; richest among all because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter