Chapter 11

Once Upon A Twice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The immortals didn’t know what they were in for when they approached the devil’s castle. All they know was that she was weakened because the Vampire and enchantress where powerless while The Knight was still nowhere to be seen. When they entered, they did it with an explosion but to be met with a really quiet castle. Sohye was skeptical at first but seeing their leader so confident, she just followed along. Nayoung laughed and walked towards the empty throne and sat on it, making herself comfortable.

 

Jieqiong: So she just surrendered the throne like that?

 

Somi: How cowardly!

 

Sohye: What about the humans and Yeon jung?

 

Nayoung: Sacrifices have to be made in order for success to happen.

 

Jieqiong: What if they come for us because we left them?

 

Nayoung: Don’t worry about it my children~ With the full moon coming soon, we can claim the souls this castle stores and make ourselves powerful!

 

All of them laughed together, breaking the silence of the forbidden forest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NY: Unhand me now! Do you know who I am?!

 

“Shut up and follow!” The masked figure tugged onto the Devil Queen’s hand and pulled her along as she darted past the trees of the forbidden forest. Nayeon growled and heated up the part of her arm that the person was holding, causing her to flinch from the pain of the heat.

 

“OW! What was that for?!” The masked figure yelled as she gripped her hand in pain. But when she opened her eyes, she saw a huge monster that was puffing out smoke from its nostrils. Jeongyeon immediately took off her mask and raised her hands up, revealing her identity. When Nayeon saw who it was she immediately calmed down to her normal self and walked away.

 

JY: Where are you going?

 

NY: saving myself from you, you wanted to kill me the last time!

 

JY: T-That was last time! We have to go!

 

NY: To where? And why?

 

JY: back to Jihyo’s castle.

 

Nayeon got stiff and clenched her jaw tightly at the sound of that name. The 3 used to be best of friends until the war happened. Jihyo had never said anything after Nayeon joined the dark side but she always thought that the latter had a grudge against her because of all the conflicts that both kingdoms were going through.

 

NY: What if she stabs me?

 

JY: I will make sure she won’t… trust me Nayeon…

 

‘Nayeon’ that was the word that the owner had missed dearly since the latter forgotten her memories for the past few years. Somehow after hearing that name, she lowered her defense and reluctantly followed her. All the soldiers in the castle went into defense mode when they saw Jeongyeon enter with the great Devil Queen beside her.

 

S: Your majesty! Oh my god! Jeongyeon is going NUTS!

 

JH: What happened?

 

S: Your friend is going MAD! She brought an Evil Back!

 

JH: Let me see her. First that vampire and now another one?!  What the hell is the Hood doing?!

 

JY: Doing you a favour Jihyo.

 

Nayeon stopped beside Jeongyeon and bowed towards the ice queen. Jihyo told everyone to leave except for Jeongyeon and Nayeon before she stood up and walked towards them. Jeongyeon grabbed tightly on the wrist and pulled her behind her. Nayeon looked at her hand and her heart started pounding. But she didn’t let her guard down.


JH: Step away. I haven’t dealt with you for bringing her back without permission.

 

JY: Well, I’m sorry.

 

JH: Didn’t you want to kill her? Changed your mind?

 

JY: I… I will kill her later. After this whole thing ends.

 

NY: I’m here. I can hear you es.

 

JH: Move Jeongyeon, I wont hurt her. Move. It’s an order!

 

Jeongyeon had no choice but to step away but instead of a blood bath, Jihyo wrapped her hands around the latter and burst into tears. This was the first time they saw the emotionally strong queen cry like a baby. Nayeon awkwardly hugged Jihyo back but she could feel her eyes stinging.

 

JH: You are an ! Do y-you know how much I missed you?!

 

NY: I-Im sorry… Jihyo…

 

“As long as you are safe…” Jihyo pulled away and headed back to her throne.

 

NY: Anyway, why did you bring me here?

 

Jeongyeon looked towards Solar who stepped forward to explain.

 

S: The I.O.I haven always been planning to overthrow the Devil Queen. And I am sure you know these people your Evil Highness… Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella De Vil. The other two, Scar and Medusa are dead while the humans who joined them were scared away. Their plan was to over throw you during the full moon but they managed because you have no protection what so ever.

 

Nayeon looked away as she remembered banishing her 3 best guards.

 

S: So Jeongyeon got you out before you are killed. We would have left you there but… But… Weneeyohelp

 

NY: What?

 

M: She meant we need your help.

 

NY: Was that hard to say?

 

M: My girlfriend takes her pride seriously.

 

S: Ahem! Anyway, I feel that there is a more sinister plan that they are going to come out with and I have a feeling it is to use the energy of the souls you have in that castle and turn it against us during the full moon. Thanks a lot.

 

NY: Ya!

 

JH: Stop! I can’t take another fight! What do you think Nayeon?

 

NY: I will help you, for that was my mistake… But I need my guards.

 

JH: The vampire is with us. Chaeyoung, Mind the witch. Mina… Mina?! Where the hell is she…

 

CY: I’ll find the Knight too. I can do it.

 

Chaeyoung turned and walked out of the castle. She knew it was easy to find Dahyun because she knew the latter was always somewhere near her. As Chaeyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter