Chapter 3

Once Upon A Twice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annoying sea gulls, danger, seasickness and boredom was what people usually think of when they hear sailing. But to Mina, all she could see was beauty; Poseidon, her pride and joy, sailing on the deep blue ocean with clear Skies above them. Not to forget, discovering new places and interesting artifacts. To her, even the seagulls produced the most beautiful melodies.

 

Mina was on a journey to sail the seven seas. She felt at peace because she was able to do what she loved best rather than being stuck in a castle made out of gallons of frozen liquid. There was no Chaeyoung. No need to cover up for the latter anymore. Maybe letting her go was right.

 

She was wrong. Not even a week into the travels, the Pirate was already missing the warrior. She thought of turning back but then, seeing how happy her crew was when they were finally at sea made her continue.

 

"LAND AHOY!" And those words always made Mina feel pumped. She momentarily forgot about the Warrior and directed her crew to their stations. They were going for an exploration!

 

The ship docked at the busy harbor and luckily, the island's people were welcoming. The crew was allowed to go to the tavern while Mina walked around the docks looking at the goods the merchants had to offer. She thought about buying something back for the Ice queen. Though her heart was as cold as ice, she still loved monuments and figurines. Mina came with some of her men so she told them to help her carry the goods back to the ship. The pirate was about to leave when she felt someone tugging at the hem of her shirt. She turned around and saw a rather ragged looking merchant. Mina gave her a questioning look and so she took out an idol hidden in her robes.

 

Mina waved her hands to decline but the old woman kept forcing the idol toward her and spoke in an unknown language. Mina had no choice but to accept it. But when she wanted to pay the lady, she shook her head and declined before leaving. Mina flipped the idol around and examined it on her way back. It was really sinister and Mina felt as though she saw it somewhere before. Since there was still some time before her crew returned, she sat in her cabin and read through the books she had. She sworn she saw this idol somewhere.

 

Books piled up on Mina's table as the latter tried to find the source. She finally reached the last book. While flipping through it, she screamed in joy. It wasn't just any ordinary idol. It came from the mountains of the south.

 

It was Enchantress's heart.

 

The Enchantress was powerful but now hat Mina had her heart, she was vulnerable. However, Mina knew she was in danger too. If the enchantress was able to track her heart's location and get her heart back, she would be too powerful to handle. Even for the Devil Queen herself. But it seems like the latter's powers were not strong enough to trace it to her yet. Mina smirked as she took her knife and poked at the heart; she knew knew the heart worked like voodoo. After fiddling with the idol, the pirate stores it securely in a box and left it in her cabin. She gathered her crew and told them to set sail. She knew the enchantress would be on her tail soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu was the first to break her friend's fall. The Vampire held the enchantress up while the latter could only clutch her chest in pain. She didn't scream, she just took deep breaths and let out an occasional groan. It had been a Long time since she had that experience but it helps her track where her heart was.

 

Nayeon tightened her grip on her staff. First a raid and now this? She told Tzuyu to lay the girl down, which the latter complied and allowed Momo to lie on her lap. Nayeon then pointed her staff at the Enchantress's chest and recited something in a foreign language. The ruby red orb started to glow and Momo started to calm down, her breathing slowly returning to normal.

 

NY: Numbing spell, it should work as Long as the pain is still there. Take her to her room.

 

Tzuyu nodded and vanished with Momo in her arms. The cold-blooded creature tucked the enchantress in to bed and looked at her before going back to the queen for answers.

 

TY: What's wrong with her? It isn't the first time now.

 

NY: Someone has her heart. Her heart acts like a voodoo doll and it's something precious to her. Whoever has the heart can control The Enchantress.

 

TY: Will she turn on us?

 

NY: A possibility. That is why we have to find it.

 

TY: I'll start with hood and his gang of dimwits.

 

NY: But don't harm her. And search for Dahyun while you are at it.

 

TY: Understood.

 

Tzuyu vanished, leaving a troubled Nayeon on the throne. She knew Momo could overpower her at any moment but what she was most afraid of was Hood having the idol and Momo killing her to get it back. Right now she can only hope that she doesn't have it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red riding hood (aka Red/somi by her friends) was in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter