Chapter 10

Once Upon A Twice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter






Chaeyoung woke up to her in her own room. The last thing she remembered was the Enchantress knocking her out and then her being carried away from the devil’s palace by someone. Chaeyoung sat up, trying to remember whom it was but she just couldn’t remember. She took the cup of water from the tableside and sipped it to quench her thirst and moisten her dry lips. The atmosphere was really tranquil but her mind wasn’t. She kept thinking about what the enchantress said about Dahyun and it somehow made her heart ache. Slowly, the memories of their time in the ship came creeping into her mind.

 

Her lips

 

Her touch

 

Her beautiful orange hair that day when she saw her in a normal’s clothes.

 

Chaeyoung pat her face and shook her head after realizing what she was thinking about. But as much as she tries to forget her, she couldn’t. Chaeyoung sighed and walked towards the closet taking out a pair of jeans, cotton shirt and her white NBA coat with her sword hidden between her shirt and her coat. While walking in the snowy night with her hands in her pockets, she looked at her grey spris shoes as she took a step forward.

 

“She might not have shown it but she loved you more than anything else in the world.”

 

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows and tried to shake the thought off. It worked for a while before it came back again. Chaeyoung bit the side of the cheek and sighed as she quickened her steps.

 

“She protected you, made sacrifices but for the wrong girl.”

 

She suddenly stooped and shut her eyes trying to force the thoughts out. But the voices kept replaying.

 

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

 

Chaeyoung covered her ears and squat on the floor of the quiet street. Her head was ponding and along with the ache of her heart, she lost it.

 

CY: No… NO! I don’t love her! It’s not my fault that she’s like that!

 

Everything became silent again. The only thing she could hear now was her taking heavy breaths. Chaeyoung stood up and looked around to see if anyone saw her breakdown while she wiped away her tears. But the silence was shattered by a high-pitched siren and glass being broken. The police were already headed in that direction while Chaeyoung ran forward to see what was going on.

 

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

“You must be the cause of her recent break down!”

 

“Put your hands in the air!” The cop pointed her gun and demanded the Knight to stop. The latter chuckled and did what she was told. The officer Then told The Knight to drop the glass shard that was in her hand and she did but not before digging the glass into her hand.

 

DH: You don’t know whom you are messing with…

 

“What?”

 

the blood running down Dahyun’s hands solidified into a blade, taking the cops by surprise. She then turned her head towards the side and glared at them before turning and striking the cop with out messing her bunned up hair. His men who were trembling in fear, quickly engaged their guns and fired at the knight but she vanished in to thin air and reappeared in front of them and slicing their neck open. Dahyun was aiming for the last witness but was interrupted by person drawing her sword and swinging it towards her.

 

Their swords clashed with Chaeyoung holding her in place while she let the cop escape. He immediately abandoned his care and ran while calling for more reinforcements. Chaeyoung was the last person Dahyun wanted to see but she just had to appear in front of her. She tried to push the younger girl off but she was weaken by an invisible force which was at the same time squeezing her heart. With a grunt, she pushed Chaeyoung off and swung at her but the latter dodged every strike. Chaeyoung ducked and tried to sweep the latter off her feet but Dahyun jumped over her and started bolting away when she saw reinforcements coming for her. Chaeyoung watched her go and then ran off to another direction hoping the cops wouldn’t find her too.

 

Even though she was an immortal, Dahyun knew that she couldn’t stop running from the cops forever. She took windy and narrow roads but the cops seemed to catch up with her every time. Dahyun banked right again but realised she had come to a dead end. She cursed and looked behind her. The lights were coming closer; she was screwed. But before the police made a turn, Dahyun felt herself being pulled away into a dark alley. The person pushed her down and got on top of her, pulling a discarded canvas on the both of them

 

CY: Shh! Stay quiet!

 

Chaeyoung peered through a small hole to check the outside, As the footsteps got louder, she ducked against Dahyun’s neck before the torch of the cop could spot her. At this moment, Chaeyoung felt a feeling of familiarity as though she had felt the feeling of being near the Knight before.

 

“She must have climbed escaped via the low drop of the road block! Sent officers there now!”

 

Chaeyoung could feel hers and Dahyun’s heart pounding but they both ran so she shook it off. As the footsteps start to get softer, Chaeyoung peered through the small hole again to check if the coast was clear.

 

“I think they are gone-“ Chaeyoung’s breath was immediately taken away when she looked back at Dahyun who seemed like she was in a daze. Chaeyoung scrutinized her facial features briefly before snapping back to reality.

 

“I-I’m sorry! I-“ Chaeyoung was about to get up when Dahyun s her hands around the latter’s waist and pulled her down. Her body crashed on Dahyun and their faces were now inches apart from one another and Chaeyoung could feel Dahyun’s hot breath hitting her skin.

 

DH: Don’t go yet…

 

Chaeyoung was speechless and her eyes darted around in nervousness before feeling another pair of lips on her own. Instead of feeling shock, Chaeyoung fluttered her eyes shut, welcoming the comfortable feeling that she was experiencing. After a while, the two pulled away.

 

DH: Mianhae…

 

CY: Huh?-

 

Chaeyoung shot up from her sleep to find herself in her room with a cramp neck. She massaged it and the memories all came back to her. Was what happened last night even real? But to Chaeyoung, it felt so real. She then hovered her hands over her lips before shaking the thought away and gulping down her glass of water which was still full. She tucked herself in and shut her eyes, trying to fall asleep not noticing the orange head in a bun, watching over her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somi closed the door behind her and went to the meeting table again. But before she spoke, she pointed to wards the dry wall. For the past few days, somi’s senses were always on the high and she could feel someone following her. Nayoung immediately knew what she was thinking and eyed Sohye to go check it out. She nodded, closed her eyes and took a breath as she stealthy conjured up the corpses of dead animals in the area to investigate. Her focus jumped from animal to animal, seeing through their eyes and finally spotted Sana listening in their conversation.

 

Sohye nodded to Nayoung. Nayoung then pointed her staff at the place and blasted an orb of magical energy. Meanwhile, Sana was still listening in when she was dragged away before a blast hit the area that she was at.

 

SN: You?

 

TY: Be careful next time!

 

Nayoung: Well, well, well, who do we have here?

 

TY: Back off Maleficent!

 

Nayoung: You think I would be scared of you?

 

TY: Aren’t you afraid I will make you suffer?!

 

Jieqiong: Bring it on you powerless ~

 

Nayoung: You think I don’t know the devil took your powers away?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter