Ch.9

My Superman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungho glanced at his phone and re-read the text Joon had sent him containing the address to the complex and which floor and door he lived at. After making sure he was at the right place, Seungho turned off his car and got out and began to walk to the building. He headed for the elevator and pressed number twelve and waited to go up. When the doors slid open he stepped into the hallway and walked the few steps until he found the door. It was unlocked so he pushed it open and went inside.

The lights were on and he immediately saw the boy laying on the couch, presumably unconscious. Seungho didn’t understand what was going on; Joon had called him in a frenzy about half an hour ago saying that his friend needed help and was at his apartment and he wasn’t there. So he agreed to help and here he was now, completely clueless to the situation and all he knew was that the boy was hurt or something.

He walked over to the couch and gently shook the kid to see if he was sleeping or not.

“Hey, kid?” He said, shaking Mir’s shoulder. Mir groaned softly and blinked his eyes open. He froze when he saw an unfamiliar face staring at him, but before he could open his mouth, Seungho spoke.

“Don’t worry, Joon sent me. It’s okay. I’m Seungho, what’s your name?” He said, sitting on the couch.

“M-Mir,” Mir replied, wincing softly as he slowly sat up. He put his hand to his head where it hurt and when he drew it back there was some blood on it.

“Will you show me where you got hurt? Joon said you needed some help,” Seungho told him. Mir glanced at him unsurely for a second, but then realized that this was Joon’s friend from college and it would be okay to trust him.

“My head…I fell,” He replied with a yawn. Seungho put a hand on his shoulder to make him move sideways so he could inspect the wound. He drew in a sharp breath when he saw that there was some blood coming from a bruise cut on the side of Mir’s head.

“Where are the medical supplies?” he asked, and Mir pointed to the bathroom. Seungho stood up and walked over to the door and the lights. He opened the cabinet and took out a first aid kit and then headed back into the living room. Mir was leaning against the couch again with his eyes closed.

“Mir, hey, don’t fall asleep okay? You might have a concussion,” Seungho said. Mir blinked open his eyes tiredly and nodded and Seungho got to work cleaning the injury. He couldn’t really but a bandage on it since Mir’s hair was in the way, so instead he told Mir to hold the gauze until it stopped bleeding.

“Is Joon coming?” Mir asked, yawning again.

“He’ll be here soon,” Seungho promised him. Mir nodded and closed his eyes again. He felt so tired because of the sleeping pill he had taken a little while ago.

“I want Joon to come home,” He said sleepily. Seungho mentally cursed when he saw that the younger boy was falling asleep again and quickly tried to think of something to keep him awake. He stood up and turned the television on and then walked over to the refrigerator and pulled it open and thankfully there was coke. He took one and went back over to Mir and opened it.

“Here, drink this, you need to stay awake,” He said, nudging Mir slightly. Mir opened his eyes again and took the soda and obediently took a few sips of it.

“It’s not because I got hurt,” Mir mumbled. When Seungho looked at him in confusion, he clarified, “I keep falling asleep because I took a sleeping pill. That’s why. I fell and hit my head,” He explained.

“Oh,” Seungho said, not sure what else to say. It was kind of an awkward atmosphere. Neither knew each other and the circumstances were strange. Seungho didn’t want to say that Joon had said Mir probably got hurt by his parents and needed help, and Mir didn’t want to say that he was trying to escape his abusive parents.

“Is he going soon?” Mir ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter