Ch.19

My Superman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that afternoon, Jiyoung was sitting in her small bedroom near the back of the house where the servants slept. She was glad to have her own room to call her own and was thankful to the Lee’s for all that they had done for her in the past eight years since her mother had died. They’d immediately took her in since she had no family to go to instead of dumping her with the government and letting them take her to a foster home. They were such a nice family, but Jiyoung couldn’t stay there for free and take their hospitality for nothing. Wanting to be like her mother, Jiyoung had asked if she could be a maid in the house hold. Of course, being only eight years old at the time her request was quickly denied, but they did allow her to help out in the kitchens doing the dishes once her school work was done.

The Lee’s were like her family and she loved them all dearly, especially Joon, whom was her best friend. Jiyoung could never imagine herself anywhere else and she felt fortunate that she was given the chance to stay there. Not only was she well cared for, but they also sent her to a very good high school and were going to let her attend the university that they taught at. So basically they were sending her down the path to a bright and successful future. Knowing this, Jiyoung could never think about doing anything to betray these people.

But that was until she over head a conversation between Mr. and Mrs. Lee regarding someone Jiyoung knew all too well.  Kim Hyuna was the daughter of another wealthy family that was good friends with the Lee’s. Jiyoung knew that Hyuna lusted after Joon and that their parents wanted the two to get married. But since Joon never showed interest in Hyuna and now had Mir to snag all his attention, Jiyoung knew that this wasn’t going to end well.

She’d been minding her own business and finishing up her chores for the day, dusting off the picture frames in the hallway; several of which were her and Joon when they were younger. She moved along the narrow hallway and found herself cleaning outside Mr. Lee’s office. She hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, but the conversation had been easy to hear and since it was regarding Joon, Mir, and Hyuna, Jiyoung didn’t stop herself from listening.

Apparently Joon’s parents were not as accepting of Mir as Joon had said, perhaps that had been an entire lie. They were planning on having Hyuna stay the weekend in hopes that she could tempt Joon to break up with Mir and date her instead. But the worst part came at the end of the conversation.

“But dear, Joon is so stubborn. He’s not going to be swayed by her alluring looks. He’s never shown interest in Hyuna, even when we tried to get her to seduce him and get pregnant so we could have a grandchild,” Mrs. Lee said worriedly to her husband.

“Then we’ll have Hyuna go after Mir instead. We’ll leave them alone for a moment to talk to Joon about something and when we all go back we find them in a bad position. Just tell Hyuna to seduce him instead. The boy is only seventeen for God’s sake, what teenage boy could resist her temptations? If Joon sees this then he’ll break up with Mir for sure,” Mr. Lee replied, completely sure of himself.

It was absolutely crazy and Jiyoung couldn’t believe that the people whom she’d thought were so nice and loving would do such a thing. She also was flabbergasted that Hyuna would actually agree to it too, didn’t the older girl have any class? She used to be someone that Jiyoung looked up to, but that all changed once she changed into a self righteous that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter