Ch.8

My Superman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hiding out all day in Joon’s apartment, around four in the evening Mir thought it was probably a good idea to go back home now. He packed up his bag and slowly walked around the vacant apartment to turn off the lights. He trudged to the door and left and walked over to his own. His hand lay on the doorknob and he took a deep breath and pushed the door open and walked inside.

He looked around and saw his father sitting on their white leather couch reading the newspaper and he could hear his mother bustling around in the kitchen, making her special ambrosia salad that she was always made for these things. Mir kept his head bowed low and retreated to his room and tossed his bag on the floor. He knew it was best if he just stayed out of the way for a little while until they announced it was time to go.

Sighing to himself, Mir sat on the floor on his mattress and leaned against the wall. He brought his knees up to his chest and hugged them and stared blankly at the wall. He felt sad that the week was finally over; he’d really enjoyed his time with Joon. Well what did I expect? That he’d randomly say out of nowhere “Oh, Mir why don’t you move in with me?” Right. Like that would ever happen. Just stop while you’re ahead Mir, it’s for the best.

The reason why this week was so amazing to him wasn’t actually because of the fact that he hadn’t seen his parents once or hadn’t gotten beaten. It was because he was able to fantasize about a life that he could be living, a peaceful and happy life…a life with Joon. He didn’t know when it happened, but G.O had been right; Mir had a crush on Joon. But it wasn’t just a crush or some silly romance he was feeling, it was genuine feeling. But he was just brushing it off as Joon was the first person in his life to care so much and that was why. He’d get over it soon, he was sure of it.

“Get dressed you ugly ,” His father yelled out suddenly, pounding on the door, startling Mir back to reality. He frowned slightly and stood up and went over to his closet and opened the doors. He chuckled softly to himself as he peered inside; when he was younger he used to try and hide in there to escape from his parents. But he soon learned that hiding only made things worse.

The black suit, freshly cleaned and ironed, was the only thing hanging in there so he reached in and grabbed it out, carefully not to wrinkle it at all. He quickly changed out of his jeans and hoodie and slipped on the suit. He tried his best to do his tie but it didn’t work so he just gave up and left his room.

“Fix your tie, stupid boy,” His mother snapped at him, fixing her hair in the mirror hanging on the wall.

“I can’t,” Mir replied. He flinched visibly when he father growled and stomped over to him. Since they couldn’t do anything now to their son that would leave visible marks, he tied the tie quite tight around Mir’s neck that he gasped.

“If you put one toe out of line it will be the last thing you ever do. Understood?” He growled.

“Y-Yes,” Mir gasped out, hands going straight to his neck to massage it. He quickly followed his parents out of the apartment and downstairs. Once he left the glass doors to the complex he put on his mask; it was time to be a respectful son.

He stayed silent during the ride, ignoring the conversation his parents were having. He really hated going to these dinners, the only good part about it was that he actually got to eat something decent. Other than that he was forced to walk around with his parents and listen to them brag to their coworkers how proud of him they were and then he in turn would have to lie and say how much he loved them in return.

When they got to the banquet hall, Mir followed his parents inside the building. Immediately they were greeted by several people there. Mir just did what he was supposed to do, smile and stay silent unless when spoken to.

For the first hour all went perfectly fine. He stayed by his parent’s side and mingled with the other guests and in the eyes of society was the perfect son. When it was time for dinner, he was sat down silently next to his father and was served food, which was when the talk turned to business. It was completely boring and since it didn’t involve him, Mir let his mind wander off while he ate dinner.

He wandered what Joon was doing right now. Was he having fun with his parents? Would he be sad to leave them tomorrow? Did he think about Mir at all today?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter