Walk Away

MONDAY COUPLE: The Ending to Start a New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gary was standing in front of her door, at first he hesitates but then again this is the best thing to do. He decided not to go inside even if he has her key he rang the door bell but no to avail. He then waited outside, its cold but he stayed there. After an hour a car arrived and he saw a familiar guy driving her home, its Lee Dong Wook. He knows Dong Wook and Ji Hyo are friends but he can’t help but feel jealous every time he sees them together. Ji Hyo felt awkward again not because he was there but the fact that he will misunderstand her. Dong Wook and Gary exchange greetings and left.

Ji Hyo: Oppa, why are you here?

Gary: I just want to talk to you, if you don’t mind. Don’t worry this is the last time.

Ji Hyo: (She was flustered when she heard that this is the last time from him) Why didn’t you come inside?

Gary: I don’t think I have the right and here. (He handed the spare key that she gave to him)

Ji Hyo: (Without hesitation and words she took the key) come in Oppa, since it’s starting to rain.

They went inside and ask him to sit.

Ji Hyo: Do you want anything, Oppa?

Gary: Im fine, it won’t be long.

Ji Hyo: What is it, Oppa?

Gary:  Ji Hyo yah, Miane but I will say this again. When we decided to be friends believe me my intentions are real but I can’t help myself not to fall for you even more. Ji Hyo yah tell me, what should I do? I need you to tell me because it’s driving me crazy. Can’t you give me a chance?

Everyday, I woke up alone in the morning and I can't believe it. I watch my phone, your picture, our picture. It’s still the way it was, it’s here but you’re not. I miss you but I don’t know what to do.

Ji Hyo: Oppa… (She can see the tears in his eyes but she’s afraid..)

Gary: Tell me Ji Hyo yah, don’t worry, I will accept it.

Ji Hyo: Miane, oppa. There’s nothing wrong with you it’s just I don’t know. I’m scared. (Crying)

Gary: Kure, Gwenchana Ji Hyo yah please don’t cry. Don’t cry because of me and don’t feel guilty also. Just live the way you used to be. When Im ready to be friends with you again, I will come to you.

I probably have to erase you now, to erase everything, In order for us to become friends again. I don’t know how long but I hope when I’m ready you will still accept me.

Ji Hyo: Miane Oppa.

Gary: You don’t have to. I’ll go now. Bye Ji Hyo yah.

Ji Hyo: Miane.

 

Then Gary walked out of her door, he run without noticing that it’s raining heavily he kept on running until he felt tired. Ji Hyo notice that it’s raining hard outside, she ran outside to look for Gary but he’s no longer there. She knows that he’s not bringing his car she was soaking wet when she came back inside and decided to call HaHa.

 

HaHa: Ji Hyo yah, what is it?

Ji Hyo: Oppa, miane for calling you this late but, Im worried about Gary Oppa.

HaHa: Wae? What happened to Gary hyung?

Ji Hyo: No no, nothing. It’s just we talk about the things and when he left it’s raining hard. I just want to know if he’s fine. Im trying to call him but he’s not picking up.

HaHa: I understand Ji Hyo yah, I will check on him don’t worry.

Ji Hyo: Komawo, Oppa.

HaHa: Its fine Ji Hyo yah, take a rest now.

 

HaHa knew where that talk leads them since he’s not picking up her calls. He tried calling him but he won’t answer. Instead he received a message from him saying “Dong Hoon ah Im fine, don’t worry.”

 

Gary was still outside walking under the pouring rain, he knew that she was calling but he just stared at his phone screen until it ended. He’s smiling but his heart is crying. I guess Im crazy he thought, because he’s smiling when he saw her name flashing on his phone but he’s actually crying. Then when he saw HaHa is calling that’s when he realized that he was right, she pities him. So he just sent HaHa a message. He kept walking until his eyes and body felt tired. He took a taxi to his home and lay down on his bed.

 

In the morning Ji Hyo came early to the location of their filming and rush to look for HaHa to ask about him.

 

That night she cried too much, she kept on asking herself why? She’s worried about him, she can’t sleep and once she fell asleep she keeps on having that nightmare and unlike before he was always there to save her but now she’s alone, he was not there and no one came to save her.  

 

Ji Hyo: Oppa.

HaHa: Oh, Ji Hyo yah.

Ji Hyo: How is he?

HaHa: He didn’t pick up his phone but he sent me a message that he’s fine. I think it’s better to give him some space.

Ji Hyo: Ne, Oppa.

 

After filming the guys decided to visit him,

HaHa: Hyung, shall we visit Gary hyung today?

Jae Suk: Wae? What’s wrong with Gary?

Kwang Soo: Oh, Jae Suk hyung don’t know yet.

Jae Suk: Know what? What happen?

Jong Kook: Actually hyung, Ji Hyo & Gary are hanging out together as friends.

Jae Suk: Friends? Is that possible?

Jong Kook: Exactly, our point too. But, Gary said he messed up.

Jae Suk: How can he not, when he have feelings for her. So what happen?

HaHa: Gary hyung, confessed again but, you know.

Jae Suk: Aish, this is bad. Poor Gary.

 

Then when Ji Hyo came the guys stopped talking.

 

Ji Hyo: What’s wrong Oppa?

Kwang Soo: Nothing, noona.

Ji Hyo: yah, Kwang Soo yah do you want to come with me?

Kwang Soo: Mian, noona. We’re going somewhere today.

Ji Hyo: Odi?

Then Kwang Soo looked at his hyungs.

HaHa: Were going to Gary hyung.

Ji Hyo: Ah,kure, Oppa.

 

Gary on the other hand was still lying in bed, he don’t have the urge to get up.  He was just lying there for the whole day looking at the ceiling. While his thoughts are killing him.

“Occasionally, I'll call out your name and again my tears will flow. I pull out your picture again; you're still smiling at me. I will remember you for a long time; occasionally I'll gaze at your seat and time ceases again.

I'll pretend for the moment that I've forgotten everything. I’ll try living like that, because I really love you, because I love you so much. I can't forget you, what am I to do.”

 

Gary was awakened from his thoughts when he heard his door bell rang. He tried to stand up and that’s when he realized how sick he was. He didn’t sleep or eat at all since that night and he was soaked in the rain. He tried his best to stand to check who’s there. At some point he was hoping it’s her then he realized how pathetic he was. When he opens the door the members happily greeted him. Then they notice how sick he was.

 

Jae Suk: Omo, what happen to you?

Gary: Oh, hyung, why are you here?

Jae Suk: Wae? Can’t we visit you? Look at you.

Gary: Im fine hyung, it’s just a little fever.

Jae Suk: Gary ah we’re family, remember?

Gary: I looked pathetic right?

Suk Jin: It’s ok Gary ah. Look at you, look how sick you are.

While the others are in the kitchen preparing the food they brought HaHa notice how everything seem to remained un touch. Then, he went to his room.

HaHa: Hyung, don’t tell me you haven’t eaten anything today.

Gary: Oh, I didn’t notice it.

HaHa: Aish, chincha do you want to die. You are so sick but you didn’t even tried calling us. You told me that you are fine, but look at you.

Jong Kook: Yah! Stop it.

Gary: Miane.

HaHa: Kure, can you stand? No no don’t.. We’ll bring the food here.

Gary: Gwenchana, I can stand.

Jong Kook: No, stay there or I would hold you down there.

(Gary was touch how the guys cared for him; his tears began forming in his eyes.)

Kwang Soo: Hyung, Gary hyung is crying.

Then the guys rush to his room.

Gary: Yah! Im fine. Komawo, Hyung, Kwang soo yah.

Kwang Soo: Ottoke, gary hyung became a cry baby.

Then everyone laugh, they stayed on his room and ate. But then when they talk about it again he can’t help but cry.

 

Jae Suk: Gary ah, I know it will be hard but you can’t stay on your bed like that. Once you get better do the things you used to do. Make music, continue your life. Go travel alone, take some time off and sort everything on your mind.

Suk Jin: And it’s ok to cry Gary ah, don’t hide or hold it. It will only suffocate you.

Gary: I know hyung. Kunde, what’s wrong with me? How do I end up with the same mistakes? I should have listen to you, you guys are right, because Im so stubb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter