Crossing the Line

MONDAY COUPLE: The Ending to Start a New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After what happened that night Gary kept sending her messages “Ji Hyo yah, let me explain. Im sorry”, “Ji Hyo yah, please talk to me”, “Ji Hyo yah, jaebal”. He kept sending her those messages but she never replied. “What did you do pabo yah! Now you lost your chance, you ruined everything!”

 

Ji Hyo POV

That night she walked out of his door and grab a taxi to get home. Her mind is clouded with thoughts and she keeps telling herself that what happen is wrong. They’re just friends.  When she reached home she can’t sleep. Her mind is bothering her with different thoughts.

“And now she is running, running on the familiar view that she kept on seeing and that guy kept chasing her again she keeps on running but when she reaches the end no one is there, all she did is scream.”

She woke up from her dream, panting. She cried when she realized that it’s been a while since she had that dream again. The next day everything felt so different for her, she knew something was wrong with what happened.

While on her way, she’s so preoccupied that she didn’t notice that her manager is talking to her.

 

Manager: Ji Hyo yah, are you listening?

Ji Hyo: Oh, miane, what is it again?

Manager: You will have a rehearsal tomorrow for the fan meeting and here’s your flight schedule   for the next day.

Ji Hyo: Oh kure, komawo.

Manager: Is there something wrong?

Ji Hyo: Ani. I’m fine.

 

She kept telling herself that she’s fine. She read his messages but she doesn’t know what to say. She needs space, that’s what she told herself. Kwang Soo is right, I should put some distance between us. And that’s what she did the next day she keep ignoring his messages and continue with her schedule. While rehearsing the members notice the sudden change on her aura.

 

Kwang Soo: Noona, is there something wrong?

Ji Hyo: Ani.

Haha: Don’t tell me you guys are fighting?

Suk Jin: Fighting with whom? Is there something I don’t know?

 

Jong Kook, Kwang Soo and Haha looked at each other; they remember that Suk Jin hyung and Jae Suk hyung didn’t know yet.

 

Ji Hyo: Ani, I think I’m just tired.

Suk Jin: What is it about the fighting then?

Jong Kook: Aniya, hyung.

Suk Jin: Who are you talking about?

Kwang Soo: Gary hyung.

Suk Jin: Are you guys dating?

Ji Hyo: Ani, Oppa, we’re just hanging out as a “friend”. Just friends. (emphasizing the word)

Suk Jin: wah, am I the last one to know?

Kwang Soo: Ani hyung, Jae Suk hyung didn’t know yet.

Ji Hyo: Miane, Oppa.

 

Then Kwang Soo noticed the guy standing on the door, Gary froze when he heard how she emphasized that word. He knew better that he don’t have any right to get mad about it because it’s true but he can’t help but feel a sudden pain in his heart. Ji Hyo, on the other hand was taken aback when she saw him standing there.

 

Ji Hyo: Oppa..what are you doing here?

Gary: Oh, I just stop by to bring this for you guys.

Suk Jin: Didn’t you know yet that he will be our special guest for the fan meeting?

Ji Hyo: Chincha, (with a little hesitation in her voice)

 

Haha looked at them suspiciously so as the other members.  Kwang Soo then took the food that he brought. They greeted each other with a hug then when it’s HaHa’s turn;

 

HaHa: Something is wrong, right?

Gary: What are you talking about?

HaHa: You guys are so awkward.

 

Then when its Ji Hyo’s turn HaHa pulled everyone with an excuse to prepare the food.

 

Gary: Ji Hyo yah,

Ji Hyo: Oppa, not here. Please.

Gary: Miane.

Ji Hyo: Oppa, please give me some space.

Gary: Kure, tell me anytime you want to talk.

 

Kwang Soo: Noona, Hyung come here let’s eat.

Gary: Ah ani, Im fine. I just drop by to say hi. I need to go back to studio.

Jong Kook: Wae. Why don’t you stay for a while?

Gary: Im fine. I really need to go. I’ll go now. Goodbye.

HaHa: komawo hyung.

 

The members noticed that something is wrong but they don’t want to pressure them to say it. So they didn’t ask any questions.

 

When Gary walked out he felt his heart became heavy, he knew very well how much he screwed up. He kept blaming his self while driving. Without realizing it, his tears are falling. You’re just a friend pabo yah! You don’t have any right to get upset. You chose to be a friend but now you ruined it.

 

Back on the rehearsal Ji Hyo is on her room resting, she remembers the looked on his face very well. She felt guilty about it. And felt guiltier when she rejected the suggestion of having a production number with him.

The members knew very well that something is wrong so they didn’t tried to push them to it.

 

The next day is their flight to Taiwan, the members went there separately.  When everyone is now on the location Ji Hyo received a message from him. “Miane, Mong Ji ah. I understand your feeling so just don’t mind me.  Anytime you want to talk just tell me. I will wait. “

Ji Hyo was talking with Kwang Soo on their dressing room. Then Gary entered, he looked at her but she turns away and excused herself that she needs to get ready.

 

Kwang Soo: Wow, this is crazy.

(Everyone is looking at him)

Gary: what?

HaHa: Nothing.

Jong Kook: Anytime you want to talk, were here.

 

The rest of the night continues with a very awkward silence between them. Gary even insists not to call him on stage. After the fan meeting the members decided to have a dinner together. But Ji Hyo, declined. So the guys proceed together. While waiting for their food to be served Haha can no longer hold it in and ask.

HaHa: Hyung, what happen?

Jong Kook: Gary ah, you can tell us, were family right?

Gary: I messed up. Like you said I cross the line.

Kwang Soo: Hyung..

Suk Jin: Thats explain the awkwardness.

HaHa: Are you ok?

Gary: Im fine.

They knew very well that he’s not, with that forced smile. HaHa knew him very well, he knows how much it’s killing him inside. He have seen this before, when he confessed to her. He knows how much it hurts him even if he keeps denying it. And he totally knows that this time it kills him even more. They didn’t bother to ask him since they know that he’s not ready and they respect him for that.

Ji Hyo on the other hand has no schedule at all, she just made up an excuse but then suddenly her phone rings and she was actually expecting him the call but to her disappointment it’s not him.  It’s Chen Bolin, he was asking her for dinner for old time sake since he was also in Taiwan and unconsciously since her mind is clo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter