Jimin

Love Is Punishment

“Hyung, this is too—“

“What?! Come on man, this is Jimin we’re talking about. A nerdy that is always with a book. So, he's kind of romantic stuff differs from us. Trust me, people like him prefer this kind of stuff rather than you openly confess to him.”

Jungkook is standing in front of Jimin’s locker with a love letter in his hand, still hesitating to put it in because it’s not manly for someone like him to confess using a letter. He rather chooses to confess openly, straight to the point, without hiding instead of using this kind of lame stuff. But Taehyung has another opinion; a nerd is someone who lacked in social skills, in other word, old-fashioned, because in old movie, people usually confessed using a letter.

“Give me.”

Without waiting for Jungkook to say yes, Taehyung grabs the letter from him and put it in Jimin’s locker. Grinning while brushing his hands off as if he had done something big and proudable. But Jungkook is shocked while looking at both of his hands. It’s empty and just one second ago, he had the letter and maybe can still back away but now all he had to do is wait for Jimin’s answer.

“Hyung!” he hits Taehyung’s shoulder hardly making him yelp in pain.

“Jungkook, listen.” Taehyung pats his back slowly, eyes are looking so positive that Jungkook needs time to process what is the meaning behind that kind of look. “I’m doing you a favor right now, so stop complaining and just wait. Why are you so nervous? Where is your confident side go, huh? Wait! Wait, you did write your name in that letter, right?”

“Err—“he scratches his scalp, even though it’s not that itchy. “—maybe, I think.” The shy smile Jungkook gives to Taehyung enough to make him roll his eyes while breathing out a disappointed air.

“Idiot, you didn’t write your name, right? I know it.” Then he walks away leaving Jungkook behind while shaking his head. “Ah! Jungkook, I can’t help you anymore. You’ve to do it alone after this.”

“Stop it, you’re being too dramatic.” It’s true; Taehyung is being way too dramatic just because he forgets to write his name. Nothing is wrong with that little mistake. The worst thing that can happen is Jimin will throw his letter or maybe burn it away. But Jungkook can write it again with his name at the end of the letter. So, no big deal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The professor had ended his class but Taehyung didn’t really pay attention during his class. His heart is beating crazily thinking about Jimin’s reaction when seeing that confession. He follows behind Jimin to his locker, looking so nervous and excited at the same time. He clasps both of his hands together, praying to God when Jimin’s hand, (wow, so small but cute), reaches the door to his locker.

 

To: Jimin,

I’m writing this letter to explain to you how I feel. I’m really, really a shy person, so I afraid that maybe you’ll laugh at me if I confess to you openly, but today I’ve decided to be brave. I want to confess my feeling to you without any restriction, so please can we meet today at 5.00 pm, in front of the gym. I hope you to come because I’d fallen in love with you for a longer time than I’d expected.

I love your eyes, it’s too captivating, love your smile, too contagious but most importantly, my heart skips a beat whenever I see you, even just from a far. I’m not forcing you to accept my love, but maybe we can get to each other first, going out for drink or meal together, talking about our own life. Ah, how perfect is that. Please, I’ll be waiting for you.

 

“Then, he smiles. Put your letter in his bag and walk away.”

“That’s all?” Jungkook asks in disbelief. It’s too simple and completely nothing like he had imagined. Like fainting on the spot because it’s too overwhelming or crying like a fountain since it’s a love letter, a confession.

“Yeah, just that. You know, I really hope for him to jump in joy because, dude, you got a confession letter, smiling is not a valid reaction to that.”

“Exactly what I’d thought of.”

Hoseok and Yoongi are laughing at their little conversation. Sometimes, only Jungkook can get along with Taehyung’s weird interpretation of thing and vice versa. is one of the reasons behind it. Hoseok doesn’t have problem catching up with whatever they are talking about because he listened to everything. But Yoongi only listen to the thing he only wants to hear and just sleep when he is too tired to do thing.

“Relax, you have 3 hours before the meeting. So now, sleep in peace.” Yoongi assures Jungkook, knowing the somersault that is happening inside him now. He may look calm and reserved but in the inside, everything is in chaos.

“Hyung, don’t you have class?”

“I do but I’m sleepy.”

“Well, I’m sleepy too. Let sleep together.” It’s just a simple sentence to indicate that Taehyung wanted to skip class too and sleep beside Yoongi but the dirty look he got from Yoongi is clearly shown that Yoongi had understood it in a different way.

“Do I have to rephrase it? By sleep together I mean that…ah nevermind, you sleep here, I sleep there.” But the chuckle he gets from Yoongi enough to proof that Yoongi had succeeded in teasing him. Taehyung huffs with a very anooyed feeling before taking an empty spot far from Yoongi before closed his eyes.

Jungkook chooses to skip class too because Mathematic is what he hate most but Hoseok is going to his class. English is his most favorite subject that he wanted to muster. The feeling when he talks in that foreign language somehow gives him some sort of unexplainable emotion. A good nerve wracking feeling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s 4.50 pm when Jungkook’s alarm start to ring, waking up the three sleeping beauties. Yoongi groans at that sound before opening his eyes to wake Jungkook and Taehyung up. The most difficult thing in the world is to wake Jungkook from his sleep. Everything that Yoongi had done didn’t even stir Jungkook in his sleep. So, he grabs the nearest bottle filled with water before pouring it straight to his face making Jungkook to jolt up from his beautiful sleep in a second.

“HYUNG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??”

“Jungkook, it’s 5.00 pm already. It’s a wrong move to make your love to wait.” with that Jungkook stands up in a lightning before running out from the place while cursing his own careless mistake. He runs as fast as he can, hoping that Jimin is still there waiting for him but when Jungkook arrives; he met with nothing, no Jimin, no single people there.

“I’m not that late, did I?” he is only 5 minutes late, so he decided to wait for another minutes. 10 minutes pass but no sight of Jimin yet. Suddenly Jungkook’s phone rings, making him jump in shock.

“What’s up, Hoseok-hyung?”

(“Jungkook, are you still waiting for Jimin?”)

“Yeah, why?”

(“Err, I think I saw him just now. Walking alone to go home. Jungkook, I think he had ditched you away.”)

“What? , how dare he. “after that, he walks to the rooftop again with a very mad expression on his face. Taehyung and Yoongi are looking with confused and worried to see how red Jungkook’s face is. This is not how a person looks after a confession. No doubt, Jungkook was being rejected.

“Hyung, I swear I’ll make that boy suffer enough.”

“Jungkook, relax. He-he didn’t know it was from you. So let try again and this time you should write your name.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Jungkook makes his second attempt, writing a new letter, too cheesy, according to Yoongi but he doesn’t pay much attention to that comment. This time he had paid someone to deliver the letter together with a single flower of lavender to Jimin personally.

Jimin was studying in library when he received his second confession letter, smell so good, because Jungkook had sprayed his perfume on it. See, cheesy right? And this time the letter got a name on it. A secret admirer named Jungkook had sent him a love letter. Jungkook, as odd as it sounded, there is only one person with that name in this college; it goes to none other than the well-known playboy in the college. As usual, Taehyung will be Jungkook’s spy to see how Jimin had reacted to that letter.

 

Jimin,

Lavendar is because I had fallen in love with you from the moment I saw you walking in front of me with while carrying books in your hand. You’re walking straight with that glass in your eyes, but all I can see is a very shining radiant that had blind my own eyes. I just need you to guide me through my darkest day.

I know everyone says that I’m a playboy or player who likes to break any heart but that is because I never found a pure heart like you to tempt my lost soul. I think, no I’m really sure that you are the one for me. Jimin, you are someone who makes me want to change myself just for you. That’s shows how much my heart desires for you.

Please, I really want to know you, to know your favorite movie so that I’ll be the one who be beside you when it first comes out in cinema, I want to know your favorite food or drink because I’m sure I’m going to love it too. I want to know everything about you.

This time, I will properly introduce myself and I hope that you won’t reject me. I’ll be really heartbroken if you did so. I’ll be waiting for you at the rooftop this evening, at 5.00 pm. Please, give it a thought.

Jungkook, the one who loves you.

 

 

 

“So?”

“I don’t know. He read it, smile and put it back in his bag.” The answer Jungkook gets from Taehyung once again disappointed him a bit. Is he doesn’t have any feeling or maybe he is just walking statue with no emotion are what Jungkook could think of Jimin by now. It’s completely not normal for people to not squeak in happy when they get a confession from Jungkook.

Usually girls will scream when Jungkook agreed to date them but this one man really doesn’t give the reaction that Jungkook had imagined of before. At least, rumor should have been spread by now, making sure that every persom in college knows that Jungkook had confessed to him but it’s still quiet, no rumor, no whispering and no nothing.

“Hyung,I think something is wrong with him. He doesn’t give the reaction that girls used to do once I told them I love you.” He has 2 and half hours before his meeting with Jimin and Jungkook started to get angsty. One rejection is not that hard to accept but what if he gets a rejection too this time.

“I’ll kill myself if he rejects me again this time.” Such a drastic resolution from someone who had his first rejection in his life ever. Yoongi can just shake his head at that stupid thinking of Jungkook. Maybe he should find another boy for Jungkook since this one is not working that well. There are lots of boys in his college are waiting for Jungkook to be their boyfriend but it is fun to see how restlessly Jungkook is just to win a boy’s heart, so Yoongi chooses to stay with that nerd boy.

“Okay, I’ll make sure to tell everyone that you’re a good man at your funeral.” Taehyung adds while laughing hard.

“ Yup and I will tell Jimin that you love him so much that you decided to kill yourself just because he had rejected your love.” And Hoseok joins too, laughing with Taehyung, controlling his own voice to not make it too loud but it can’t be helped anymore, the rooftop is echoed with their laughter. Jungkook is laughing with them too because he himself finds it just a nonsense thing, totally a bull. Scarifying his own life just because he got a rejection from someone he barely, no, someone who he really doesn’t have any connection at all.

“Jungkook, we’ll be waiting there. Good luck!” it almost 5. Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok hide behind a large wall, giving Jungkook the courage that he probably doesn’t need much. It’s Jungkook, someone who is confident in everything and nothing is going against him. Not even a nerd boy name Jimin.

5.10 pm, no sight of Jimin.

5.15 pm, still no Jimin.

5.30 pm, Jungkook starts to get bored and Jimin doesn’t come yet.

5.40 pm, okay, Jimin is not going to come.

Taehyung had already fallen in sleep waiting for Jimin, only to wake up when he received a hit at his hip. “Ouch, it’s hurt.” He opens his eyes, while rubbing it to make a clear vision and there Jungkook is standing in front of him, crossing his arm. “Let go home. I give up.” With that, everyone stands up and follows Jungkook from behind. No one is brave enough to mess with a very angry Jungkook, because they might get one or two bruise letter.

But then Jungkook stops in his track making Hoseok, who is walking behind him to bump with Jungkook’s back. There is an envelope with Jungkook name on the floor in front of the door. Carefully, he bends down to take it before opening it. Everyone moves to circle him, waiting for Jungkook to read it.

 

Jungkook-shi,

First of all, thank you so much for your confession but I’m afraid that I have to apologize beforehand, I can’t reciprocate your feeling. I hope that you can find someone that more suitable with your reputation, not just a low person like me. I’m happy that you like my smile, my eyes and everything but I’m sorry once again, but in my life, I only like one thing, which is book. So, I hope you understand.

Jimin.

 

 

Jungkook read it out loud only to be a laughing stock. Taehyung and Hoseok are laughing along with Yoongi when he finished reading it.

“He rejects you because of book. Jungkook, you’re nothing compare to a book.” And then Taehyung is laughing again while bending his body a bit, and his stomach is hurting. Hoseok has to wipe his tears away but he still can’t stop from laughing.

“Jungkook.” Yoongi rest his hand on Jungkook’s shoulder, trying to steady his breath, biting his lip to prevent himself from laughing again. “You have to compete against book. Good luck man.”

“I like this guy. Book, huh?” Jungkook comments while smiling before walking down from the rooftop to go home with his friends, who can’s stop laughing not until he threat to kill them if they don’t stop.

 

His game doesn’t stop there because Jungkook had decided to make Jimin to fall in love with him, no matter how. The next day and for the rest of the week, Jungkook never missed for one day to give Jimin a bar of chocolate. He will pay for someone to give a chocolate with a post it, with his initial name, JK, written in it. But Jungkook doesn’t have enough courage yet to meet with Jimin face to face because his confident level deflates a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sorry guys, I have a meeting with my friend. We have to discuss about our underground stuff.”

An underground rapper is Yoongi second life. It happens when he was 19 years old, meeting with school drop-out boy one year younger than him made him to completely fall in love with rapping and underground stuff. It’s like he had found a path that is made for him to let out unspoken word that he is too afraid to voice it out but with rapping, he can do that with ease.

“Hey Namjoon, where is your little boyfriend? I have something to ask him.”

Namjoon is that boy who had introduced Yoongi to a new world, They met by accident one day but fate choose to make them to be friends. They share a same thing, passion and desire to be whatever they want without caring about people judgement or prejudice.

“Oh, he will be back in minute. But Hyung, you do know that he can’t help you to be a regular DJ at BTS club, right?”

Youngi new obsession is to be a Dj at BTS club. BTS club is one of the biggest club in town and being a Dj there is sure a very high level of achievement and they pay a very good amount too. So, when he knows that Namjoon’s boyfriend had some connection with that club, Yoongi had begged Namjoon’s boyfriend to help him for months already.

“No, not about that. It’s something else. Hey, I’m thirsty, do you have something?”

“I don’t know. Just do and see in my fridge.” Yoongi makes his way to the kitchen while hearing usually you don’t ask, why decided to ask this time from Namjoon before he walks out from their little recording studio, well actually it’s just Namjoon’s room but the recording and music equipment occupied in there enough for it to be called as recording studio.

“Hey hyung, why are you smiling alone here?” Yoongi was leaning on the kitchen counter when Namjoon’s little boyfriend greets him. He was thinking about Jungkook that time and unconsciously had smiled because the rejection letter that Jungkook had gotten still can’t be removed from his mind.

“Oh, Jimin. You scared me.” Then this Jimin walks to stand beside him after pouring orange juice in his glass.

“Sorry, hyung, just you’re smiling alone. You’re not crazy right?”

“No, no, I just thought about funny thing just now. Hey Jimin, I have favor to ask.”