It's Over

Love Is Punishment

“Talk now. I’ll wait outside.”

A loud banging sound echoed throughout the room when Yoongi slammed the door a little bit hard leaving Jimin and Jungkook alone, to talk, to sort thing out. His voice is stern and serious, having no time to hear any complaint or disagree from both of them.

Jimin had stayed in the hospital for two days straight but Jungkook refused to visit him. After knowing the truth that night, Jungkook went home soaked with rain, crying in his room. But then he made a call to one person that Jungkook can think of, Yoongi. Asking him about Jimin, the one that he knew as Namjoon’s boyfriend before telling him about what had happened.

After hearing everything from Jungkook, Yoongi went straight to Jimin, to hear his story, his explanation as to why he did such thing. Because Yoongi cared for Jungkook too much had him to be so mad at Jimin, for playing with Jungkook’s heart like that. The anger had blocked off of what bad thing Jungkook had done to Jimin.

“Go and talk to him. Begging him to forgive you. You had him, for sake, Jungkook.”

“But I was drunk. It’s not me who put the drug in his drink.”

Yoongi tries, really hard breathing to calm his anger. “It doesn’t matter. You, the one who slept with Jimin.” Jungkook wants to defend himself more but Yoongi had grabbed his wrist even before he can open his mouth. Forcing Jungkook to come with him to the hospital.

Jimin’s fever has cooled down and can be discharged tomorrow if his temperature back to normal. He was eating snack that Namjoon had bought earlier while reading a manga in his phone. This Jimin is different with the Jimin that Jungkook had known before. He doesn’t wear glasses like before, revealing his charming eyes to Jungkook. The hair no longer part into half but had styled perfectly making his face to look more pretty and y that Jungkook had stared at Jimin for a quite amount of time.

They avoid each other eyes like magnet with two same poles, “What are you doing here?” Knowing that Jungkook will keep on staying silent, Jimin breaks the silence first. “We have nothing to talk anymore.”

This Jimin isn’t the Jimin that Jungkook used to know. There is rudeness in his sweet voice, full with bitterness that Jungkook has to confirm that it still the same Jimin. It’s like Jimin had built a big wall in between them and Jungkook has no willpower to break through it.

“Is everything a lie? Loving me is just a lie, a fake pretending?” He has to know Jimin’s true feeling for him to think of what he needs to do next.

“Yeah, I lied, everything.”

“Because my love for you is true.” And Jimin answers his question at the same time Jungkook let out his true feeling. His cracking heart shattered into pieces and Jungkook did nothing to put it back together because Jimin has taken away the little piece of hope that Jungkook has.

“So, we should stop whatever had happened between us.”

When Jungkook walks out of the room with a slumped shoulder and eyes shimmer with eyes, Yoongi just hugs him, patting his back, listening to Jungkook’s sob because he can’t do anything about it. He was standing outside the whole time, eavesdropping while updating to Jin through text message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, where are we going?”

“I want to treat you a dinner outside.”

It has been one week after Jimin had recovered from his high fever and also it’s been one week that Jimin doesn’t get out from the house. In morning, he wakes up, showering and making breakfast if Namjoon has to work early in the morning, then he fills his time with watching movies, sleeping or just fall into a pensive mood.

So, when Namjoon takes a leave from work for one day, he decided to take Jimin out for dinner. But of course Jimin had declined it at first saying I’m tired, can we eat at home, leaving Namjoon with no choice to use his last weapon. Sulking, won’t talk to Jimin from morning till noon, and refused to eat lunch resulting Jimin to accept his offer later in the late evening.

“Stop pouting, you’re ugly, Hyung.” Imagine a 24 years old adult man, puffing his cheek while crossing his arm, sulking like a 5 years old kid and that’s how Namjoon was before Jimin agreed with it.

Now, Namjoon is grinning, showing his teeth to Jimin. “I’m cute, okay.” He sounds so arrogant but Jimin just snickers at that, shaking his head at Namjoon antics.

“But where are we going to eat?”

“It’s secret.”

Clearly, there is bemusement on Jimin’s face since Namjoon will always tell him where they will eat at before. “I’m not going to like this.” Says Jimin before springing to his own room, to change his cloth to a more decent since he was wearing just a sweatpant and a white oversize shirt.

15 minutes later, Jimin comes out wearing just a simple basketball jacket paired with a black jean, the skinny one that holds on his leg tightly. While Namjoon, the one who claimed himself as someone who has the best fashion sense, settled with a beige cotton coat with a long sleeve black shirt for inside wear and black canvas pant.

“Wow, Hyung. You look…..fashionable.”

“Really?”

“Yes, do you have someone you want to woo?”

“No-no-no one.” But his face is denying whatever had come from his mouth, blushing really red, only to cool down when they are in the car, ready to go out.

The ride takes about 3o minutes because Namjoon had taken the wrong lane twice because he was too caught up with the song played on his radio. Jimin and Namjoon were jamming to whatever song played on the radio when Namjoon curse in sudden, slapping his own cheek for his carelessness. Finally, when he enters an expensive and exclusive apartment complex, Namjoon sighs in relief.

“Are we having dinner here? Did your boss invite you to dinner?”

Jimin asks in confused while unbuckling the safety belt while eyeing the complex. “No, but yes, we are having dinner here. At my friend’s house.” Namjoon comes to open the door for Jimin because he is hesitating to do so.

Namjoon walks in the front with Jimin follows behind him, nervous and puzzles because Namjoon looked so familiar with the building. Even the security guard at the front allowed them to enter without much asking, just a simple greet from Namjoon.

Please, please, I hope no, this is not Jin-Hyung house.

He prayed that in his mind repeatedly, while waiting for the elevator and still praying when they are inside. His prayer continues until they are standing in front of a door. Then, someone opens the door for them and it’s Jin who is peeking through the door, smiling with glory on his face.

Of course it’s Jin-hyung’s house, urgh.

Jin opens the door widely. “Hey, come in. Everyone is waiting for you two.” And then Jimin can hear a loud noise coming from inside and he recognizes one of the sound, its Jungkook’s voice.

“Hyung, you tricked me.” He whispers to Namjoon while following him inside making every sound in the house go mute. “I don’t. I’ve told you we’re having dinner outside. And by outside means here.”

The dinner goes well with Yoongi and Namjoon talk about their underground stuff sometimes in the middle or Taehyung and Jungkook were fighting over the last piece of fried chicken only to slump in frustration when Jin took the last piece. Jimin stayed silent, answering questions with one or two words, avoiding every look in the house.

Jimin offers to clean the dishes after dinner, ushering Jin to rest in the living room with the others. Jungkook wanted to volunteer, to help Jimin but Yoongi beats him. He has something to discuss with Jimin or more like wanting to apologize to Jimin.

At first, they clean in silence; the only sound is coming from the water and the clacking sound of plate being placed in the rack. The tension, at least to Yoongi starts to suffocate him, so he opens his mouth for the first time in 30 minutes.

“Jimin, I’m sorry.”

“What for, Hyung? It’s not your fault.”

“But-but if I didn’t start it, none of this would happen.”

Jimin closes the faucet before turning to Yoongi. “Please, can we stop blaming ourselves anymore? It’s already happened, nothing we can do to change it. Just take it as a mistake, a reminder to not repeat it again in the future.”

Yoongi closes his eyes, to calm his fast beating heart when Jimin squeezed his shoulder, assuring him to not feel bad at it. “Do-do you love Jungkook?” And at last, question that Jimin hates the most, having heard it for the fourth time in a week annoyed Jimin a bit.

“Hyung, the one that I love is you. It’s you, hyung.”

“WHAT?” Jimin most definitely has heard Yoongi shocked voice but there is another voice yelled the same words. Both of them turn to look at their side and there standing Jungkook at the doorway, looking surprised and hurt.

“Jungkook—“ Jungkook storms out of the kitchen even before Yoongi can stop him. They flinch when a loud banging sound of door was heard somewhere in the house.

“Jimin, look what have you done.”

“What, I was just joking. Besides, it doesn’t matter if I love you or not, why did he have to be that surprise.”

Yoongi’s hand is itchy by that time, wanting to smack Jimin right at his head, for being ignorant. Of course Jungkook will be surprised after hearing his crush, the one he loved said that he loved his friend, best friend to make it worst. Yoongi moves to go and explain everything to Jungkook but Jimin stopped him.

“Hyung, just let it be like this. It’s the best for Jungkook, anyway.”

“Why? What are you---“

“Let’s go outside. Everyone is watching a fun movie.”

And their conversation stops there. Yoongi and Jimin join the other watching movie but sometimes Yoongi will stare at Jimin, observing his face, searching for the truth behind that poker face. Something is hidden behind that face, the real reason why Jimin rejected Jungkook’s love.

Everyone has known about what had happened in the past between Jimin, Namjoon and Jin except for the part about Jin’s mother. Only Jin and Namjoon know about it, not ready to tell Jungkook and Jimin yet.

“Namjoon-ah, Jimin is hiding something from us. Don’t you think so?” Yoongi whispers to Namjoon when Jimin had gone to the bathroom.

“Yes, I can sense it too. But he was too stubborn, won’t tell me anything.”

Then both Yoongi and Namjoon continue watching the movie while sighing heavily, don’t know what to do to fix thing since Jimin refused any sort of help from them. They are about to keep their focus on the movie when they heard a shouting from behind before Jimin came to the living room, grabbing Namjoon’s wrist, forcing him to stand up..

“Hyung, let’s go home.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin was walking out from the bathroom, wandering his eyes to look at Jin’s house properly. Actually, it’s too big for just two people but knowing about Jin’s profession as a doctor, this house is something that is affordable for Jin. Even the bathroom is bigger than Jimin’s room.

He was dreaming about living in one of this kind of big house when something blocked his way. Something big had shadowed his body, so Jimin lifted his head to look properly only to meet with Jungkook.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t see you before.” Jimin apologizes first, avoids looking at Jungkook.

“It’s okay.” Well. Jimin is disappointed at that short word but he shrugs it off by moving to his left, making way to Jungkook but Jungkook moved to the same side at the same time.

“Err…I’ll go to my right. You go to your left, okay?”

Jungkook just nods at that solution. Jungkook moves to his left and Jimin to his right but since they are standing opposite to each other, that direction only leads them to the same side.

“Why are you moving to the same side with me?”

“It’s you who are moving to my side.”

“Why are you getting mad at me? I said I’ll move to my right and this is my right.” Jimin says while showing his right side, irritated because Jungkook had raised his voice a bit, sounding annoyed at the same time.

“You told me to move to THE LEFT. You’re the idiot one. My left is YOUR RIGHT.” Jungkook shouts at Jimin for the last word.

“WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?”

“I AM NOT.” It’s just a shout mess from both of Jimin and Jungkook.

“YES. YOU ARE, NOW. WHY?”

“BECAUSE I ING LOVE YOU BUT YOU DON’T”

They both stare deep into each other’s eyes, breathing heavily, not bothering to calm their anger down. But Jimin stops their staring competition first by shoving Jungkook away from his side before stomping his feet to the living room, leaving the house with clueless Namjoon. The way back home is so awkward with Jimin leans over the car window, closing his eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it, Jin-Hyung?”

Jin has discussed this matter with Namjoon, about telling the truth to Jungkook and Jimin. Jin doesn’t worry much at his brother’s reaction because he knows Jungkook loves Jimin so much that something that had happened in the past won’t make any difference to Jungkook’s feeling. But the real problem is Jimin, how well will Jimin take the truth?

So, Jin makes a decision to tell Jungkook first and hoping that his brother will fight to get Jimin’s love back until the end. Things will be a lot easier if Jimin has accepted Jungkook is his life because for sure, Jungkook will assure Jimin that nothing can come through their love to separate them.

Jimin will distance himself away out of feeling guilt from Jungkook to the max if he knows about the truth before they get back together. Afraid something like that will happen soon, Jin tells Jungkook about the connection between Jimin’s father with their mother’s death.

“What-how-why—“

“Do you still love Jimin after hearing this?”

“Yes, I am.”

“So, win his heart back before you can tell him the truth. Proof to him that you are not affected by that past because I know Jimin is fragile. He needs assurance so that he will not blaming himself later.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, did you confuse at that last part? Because I did. Actually, I don't really know why I wrote that last part. Ah, I'm just an idiot I guess. Anyways, the next update is the last chapter, means the end of this fic. Before that, I apologize for that plot twist in the previous chapter. Is it too much? But I like plot twist, like very much, so yeah, that's how this story turned to be, full of plot twist.

Okay, enough for now, see you again in the next update.