END

Love Is Punishment

WARNING: plot twist again, one last time (I'm sorry about that).

I'm thanking for whoever has supported, subscribed, commented, upvoted and read my fic. I really, really appreciate it. There is nothing I can do to show my gratefulness at that except for a very, very big THANK YOU.

So, finnaly, this fic has ended and i hope you guys enjoy reading this fic as much as I've enjoyed writing it. I'm glad that I never changed the plot of this story since I got a very positive response. And i'm sorry once again for including that tons of plot twist. Anyways, hope you like the ending, of course it's a happy ending. 

Ah, one more thing, please listen to K.will song, Love is Punishment if you have time because I got the inspirational to write this story from that song.

See you all again next time. :-):-):-)

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(“Jimin, please, lunch with me.”)

“No, you’ll trick me again.”

Just like the other days, Jimin is still hiding from the outside world, doing nothing in particular at home except for eating and sleeping. So, today Namjoon tries again, to ask him out for lunch but this time Namjoon is calling from his office.

(“No, no, trust me. I really have no one to company me. Everyone is out with their partner while leaving me alone.”)

Namjoon’s voice on the phone sounds so sad and almost pleading. Jimin is having a dilemma whether to accept it or not because of what had happened last few days where Namjoon had tricked him for having dinner at Jin’s house. But after some minutes of thinking, Jimin, having the soft heart he is accepting Namjoon’s offer while promising him to be at the restaurant in 30 minutes.

Jimin arrives at the restaurant earlier than Namjoon, so he waits inside, ordering his drink first. He starts to play game on his phone to spare some time but get to immerse with it, doesn’t realize that Namjoon has entered the restaurant with two people following behind him.

“Jimin, I’m sorry.” hearing Namjoon’s voice, Jimin tilts his head, ready to scold him but his voice stuck in his throat because there are Jin and Jungkook standing beside Namjoon.

Ah, not again, seriously Hyung.

Namjoon explains first seeing the glare from Jimin. “I just met them outside coincidently.” Which is very much a lie because Namjoon had told Jin about their lunch date after Jimin agreed to lunch with him.

“Can we eat with you two? But it’s okay if you don’t want it. We can choose another restaurant.” Jin says while pretending to be sad, faking his sad voice while Jungkook is trying to hide his grin, too amused to see his brother’s act.

The only thing left for Jimin is to nod at that, defeated at last. It’s not that he doesn’t like Jin and Jungkook presence but Jimin is not ready to face Jungkook, not now or even in the future. Because there is something, like an aura that only Jungkook has that started to break whatever wall Jimin has built between them.

Jin and Namjoon are talking a lot during lunch, reminiscing the past, about their happy memory before break up and sometimes Jimin has snickered at Namjoon’s way of telling how bad boy he was before.

“It’s you, Hyung, who fall for me first.” Namjoon and Jin are bickering about who fall for each other first. Jungkook is looking at them, jealous because he wants his relationship with Jimin to be like that. Despite of all the bad memory they have, Jin and Namjoon also have the sweet memory that they can cherish for the rest of their life.

“Nah, you’re the one who had asked me out first, remember?”

“Do you still love each other?” Jungkook asks suddenly making both of them to blush, avoiding each other eye before nodding at the same time.

“Why? After all these years and all the pain that you both had felt?” Anybody can ask the same question out of curiosity but not to Jungkook because he wants to relay the hidden meaning behind that one simple question to Jimin.

“Because we love each other. That’s all matters.” And that is exactly the answer Jungkook wanted to hear for Jimin to understand his message behind that question.

But Jungkook may have hope for too high because Jimin seems not to understand it when he stands up in sudden making everyone to look at him in surprised. “I have to go. Hyung, you don’t need me anymore since Jin and Jungkook are here.”

Jimin bows and walks from the table before Namjoon can stop him. Now, he is regretting everything, for being stupid enough to fall for Namjoon’s trick again and for understanding the meaning behind that question.

“Jimin, wait!” Jungkook runs to follow him, but Jimin walks faster instead leaving Jungkook’s behind but don’t underestimate Jungkook’s fit body because he had caught Jimin in a second, stopping him from running away.

“Let me go!” But Jimin is fighting to release that grip on his arm, facing away from Jungkook.

But with one force, Jungkook manages to swing Jimin to face him. “No! I won’t let you go until you tell me what is wrong.”

“Nothing is wrong.”

“Jimin, why are you doing this to me?” his voice is soft and cracking for trying hard not to cry in front of Jimin. “I’m sorry for what I had done to you before. Loving you is my punishment but Jimin-ah, I-I can’t live without you. Please, can we try to make it work?”

“Only love is not enough, Jungkook-ah. My mother loved me but she threw me out in the end. My stepfather loved me but he tried to do bad thing to me. Namjoon-Hyung love Jin-Hyung but he left him because of guilt. You love me but you ran away that night after knowing the truth. And my-my father……I’m sorry, I just can’t.”

There is no strength left in Jungkook’s body after hearing that confession, too weak to hold onto Jimin tightly when Jimin snatched his arm away from his grip before turning away from Jungkook. And then Jungkook let his tear fall down to his cheek before dripping to the ground.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, that night Namjoon goes back home after work ready to confront Jimin about his attitude during lunch. Jin and Namjoon went out from the restaurant after 15 minutes of waiting for Jimin and Jungkook to be back only to meet with a crying Jungkook outside the restaurant.

“He-he hates me.” That was the only thing that left from Jungkook’s mouth resulting everyone to conclude that Jimin had rejected Jungkook again.

But Namjoon wants a solid reason why Jimin refused to accept Jungkook’s feeling because reasoning everything that Jungkook had done to Jimin in the past is not a strong statement for Namjoon to believe. He will force Jimin to tell him everything and will never back away until he hears the truth from Jimin.

“Jimin-ah, I know you love Jungkook too but, why?”

“Hyung, please, can we stop talking about this?”

“No! I’m tired of your stubbornness. So, tell me right now what is stopping you from telling the truth. Why are you restraining yourself from Jungkook?”

Namjoon expects for Jimin to flinch at his stern and strict voice that will force Jimin to tell him every single thing that is hidden in Jimin’s heart but what Namjoon doesn’t predict is for Jimin to raise his voice at him for the first time but trembled with outrage at the same time.

“Because I’d done with being a good boy, accepting what had laid in front of me. For once, I want to make decision on my own. I don’t need you to do that for me. I don’t need Jungkook to stop me from punishing myself because of what I had done to him. “

“What-what do you mean by that?”

“Hyung--“His voice turns to soft but broken and his hand is wiping the tear away vigorously. “—I know everything. In fact, more than you do.”

“What—“

“That you did that mean thing to Jin-Hyung because out of guilty after what your father had done to me and also to protect me from knowing the truth about my father.”

“How-how?”

“You told me everything when you’re drunk that time after breaking up with Jin-hyung. But when you’re sober, you left that part about my father.”

5 years ago, when Namjoon went back home, drunk and crying, he unconsciously had told Jimin everything without leaving any part and had revealed that his own father was the one who had married Jimin’s mother. Namjoon was apologizing and blaming himself for what had happened to Jimin until he fell asleep.

But the next morning, when he sobered enough to tell the whole story, Namjoon had hid the most important part. Jimin did feel so angry at Namjoon’s decision to hide that part from him and was trying to tell Jin the whole story but one day he met with his mother again.

“I’m sorry, Jimin.” His mother cried while apologizing to him for chasing him out after that day. “I know what he had done to you but please, believe me, I told you to get out because I don’t want you to be the victim of his lust but-but I love him too, Jimin-ah.”

And from that moment, Jimin believed that knowing the truth will only hurt him more and he rather lived in a lie because with a lie, he can choose whatever the ending he wants. Namjoon’s choice was to hide the truth from Jin because he wanted the good ending for Jin even if he had to live in pain for the rest of his life. If lying can lead to a good ending, then Jimin did the same.

“That’s why I stay by your side, pretending to be clueless because I want you to have a happy ending too. So that, one day I can be proud of myself for making someone happy. But then I met Jungkook, and for the first time, I wanted to tell the truth badly but he turned out to be Jin’s brother.”

“But-but Jungkook already knew about your father and he still want you even after knowing the truth.”

“Because that is not the truth.”

“Jimin, what are you saying? I don’t understand. What is the truth? Is that a lie too?”

“My father and Jungkook’s mother worked at the same company and they fell in love. One day, they were fighting and drunk. My father followed behind her car, chasing her but Jungkook’s mother ended up with an accident.”

Jimin had asked about his father when he met his mother, but she was hesitating before deciding to reveal everything. That night after the accident, his father went home, shaking and in panic because he had left the accident scene out of fear. But when the police came to take him for a hit and run crime, his father had begged to be released.

Jungkook’s father was a well-known doctor in the city, so a news about his wife having an affair will only affect his career, so he paid a good amount to the police officer in charge of the case to twist the case so that Jimin’s father will be on blame. But after 2 months living in the prison, Jimin’s father committed suicide, leaving a note, saying that he wanted to be with his lover, which is Jungkook’s mother.

“I-I—“

“Hyung, our fate won’t be this complicated if we didn’t meet. And maybe, we the one who lived in the lie will be more happy than the we that know the whole truth.”

Jimin grabs his coat and his phone after saying that last sentence, leaving Namjoon alone in the room, still trying to process what he has heard just now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(“Jungkook, what are you doing?”)

“Hyung, its 3 ing A.M. What am I supposed to do? Sleeping, of course.”

(“I think you should come to the club, like right now.”

“I stop going to the club. Don’t—“

(“Jimin is here, he’s drunk and oh, wow, I don’t know he can be that hot when he’s drunk—“)

Jungkook ends the call before Taehyung can’t finish his word. He springs out of his house wearing only white t-shirt and a jean, doesn’t have enough time to check his appearance when knowing that Jimin is at the club, drunk. Jungkook drives at full speed while hoping that Jimin will not pass out in other’s man arm. He arrives at the club in 10 minutes, not caring to park his car in the right place.

Taehyung and Hoseok are waiting for him inside while keeping an eye on Jimin and were chasing whoever dared to get near Jimin or lay even one finger on him. Jimin is dancing alone when Jungkook stops in front of him.

“Jimin, let’s go home.”

Ah, it’s Jungkook. Home? I don’t have home.” Jimin is slurring his words while holding to Jungkook’s arm to balance his body because he started to feel dizzy.

When Jimin started to turn away from Jungkook to continue dancing, he grabs Jimin’s wrist to follow him out from the club but of course Jimin had protested, halting his leg from moving but Jungkook’s force is too strong because with just one pull, Jimin’s body moved on its own.

Jungkook pushes Jimin into the car, buckling the seatbelt before Jimin can escape. He starts the car and drive away from the club. At first, Jungkook wanted to send him back to Namjoon’s house but Jimin had cried and make a chaos inside the car, not wanting to go home. So, he takes Jimin to his house instead.

“Sleep, hyung.”

“Please, don’t leave me.” Jungkook was about to go out of his room when Jimin stopped him, asking Jungkook to be there with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin wakes up with a bad headache, groaning at the pain while his hands are massaging his head. But when he tried to move his body, Jimin feels something is holding his waist and there is something bigger than his own body beside him. His heart is beating crazily making his body to tremble while glancing down to his stomach to see a big hand there.

Slowly, Jimin turns his head to his side and his eyes grow bigger when he sees a white t-shirt. Its means that Jimin had slept with someone, a guy, last night and he can’t remember a thing about it. He travels his eyes upward only to meet with Jungkook’s face making him to jump out of the bed in a second.

“No, no, it can’t be.” That sudden movement from Jimin stirred Jungkook in his sleep. Like a switch, Jungkook opens his eye, doesn’t know what to do to ease that panic on Jimin.

“Hyung—“

“I need to go.”

Jin is having breakfast when he saw Jimin walking out of Jungkook’s room in a hurry. He knows thing like this will happen when Jungkook took Jimin last night. Jin tries to stop Jimin but he just walks pass him.

He goes to Jungkook’s room, only to see a frozen man, sitting on the bed. Jin can only sigh hard at his brother since he too already lost every single way he can think to help thing out for both Jungkook and Jimin. Jin gives his brother a hug, assured him that everything will be alright and just be patient when someone ring the doorbell.

Jin opens the door to see Jimin standing there. “Can-can you call a taxi for me? Namjoon-Hyung is working now.”

“Jimin, how about I ask Jungkook to send you home?”

“No-no, ta-taxi, please---“

“Taxi won’t come here since it’s far from the city. Please, just let Jungkook send you home, okay?”

“O-okay.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook stops his car in front of Jimin’s apartment after a very awkward 15 minutes ride to Jimin’s house. Jungkook drove while giving all his attention to the road while Jimin leaned his body closer to the car’s door, away from Jungkook. Jimin opens the door to get out but Jungkook is fast to hold Jimin’s hand, stopping him from stepping out of the car.

“Do-do you love me? I-I just need to know your true feeling. It’s okay if we can’t be together.”

This time, Jimin looks straight at Jungkook’s eye. “I do, I love you but no, we can’t be together.”

“Why?” Jungkook’s eyes started to be watery and Jimin can see it but nothing he can do to make it disappear. He wants, really badly to hug Jungkook right there but he can’t.

“Do you want to know the reason why?” Jungkook just nods, not trusting his own voice because the only sound he can produce if he opens his mouth is the sound of sobbing. And finally, Jimin tells him everything, the truth that he had told Namjoon last night. Seeing how frozen and shocked Jungkook is, Jimin gets the idea that now, it’s officially has ended between them.

He gets out of the car, leaving without saying anything except for letting his tear fall down freely. Jimin was trying to open the door to his house when suddenly someone grabbed his shoulder, swinging his body to his back before he can feel a soft lip on his own lip.

“I-I don’t care about what had happened between our parents. I just want you. I need you.”

Jimin can feel Jungkook’s hand on his jawline, tilting his head slightly while leaning down and he closes his eyes, waiting for Jungkook’s lip to press against his. His hand is at Jungkook’s hip and still there when Jungkook draw his lip away. It’s only last for a few second before Jungkook take Jimin’s lip once again, savoring Jimin’s plump lip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it’s noon or maybe it’s already evening when Jungkook waked up to go the kitchen, getting water to his thirsty throat. He walks lazily while scratching his stomach, with just wearing a boxer, doesn’t bother to put on a shirt or a pant. He was searching for something to drink in the fridge when someone greet him.

“What are you doing in my house?” Well, Jungkook forgot that this isn’t his house because now, standing in front of him is Namjoon, in his police uniform, staring at him, ready to handcuff him right there.

“Err…..I-I—“ Jungkook manages to tell Namjoon what had happened last night while stuttering.

“Okay, I get it but why are you in my house, wearing only boxer and where is Jimin?”

Jungkook scratches his back of the head while trying to find a good, a suitable word to explain to Namjoon without him getting the wrong. Jungkook will for sure die any moment from now if he chooses even one wrong word.

But  he knows his death is just one step closer when Jimin came out of the room wearing only Jungkook’s big white shirt, oblivious of Namjoon presence, hugging Jungkook’s side and luckily the shirt was big enough to cover until Jimin’s thigh.

“I thought you left me again when I waked up alone in the room.” Namjoon had spilled whatever liquid that he had in his mouth. Jungkook can just smile sheepishly at Namjoon.

“Jimin.” Still hiding his face in Jungkook’s neck.

“Are you having a sore throat? Your voice is different from usual.”

“Because it’s not Jungkook, Jimin-ah.” Jimin lifts his head instantly having to recognize that voice before releasing his hand from Jungkook to pull his shirt down to cover his bottom part.

“Are you two okay now?” the nod he gets from Jungkook somehow has lifted a great burden on his shoulder. Namjoon, he himself doesn’t really know what kind of feeling he has now, it’s the mixture of happy and upset. He’s happy since Jimin and Jungkook are back together again but upset because Jimin is no longer an innocent and pure boy that Namjoon used to know.

“Yesterday, you’re crying, shouting at me and today, you’re acting all shy, half ….wait! Oh my god! Jimin, I’ve told you before to not have until I’ve put some sense about safe to your boyfriend.”

“Ah-Hyung!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new semester has started. Everyone is back to the college with a new hope. Some are hoping to graduate successfully while others are hoping to get a good result this year too. Hosoek and Yoongi are already graduating and are searching for a job. Jimin is still wearing his glasses, holding onto his nerd boy tittle.

Jungkook is still the hottest boy in the college, where half of the new students are pining over him, but he never spares, not even one look at them since he already has someone that he had vowed to never take his eyes off.

During lunch, they will meet at the rooftop, eating lunch with Taehyung while making out secrets, but of course Taehyung has caught them because Jungkook is not good at keeping his hand away from touching Jimin’s body making him moan in the kiss.

“Can you please keep your lust to each other a little bit longer? I can’t even sleep in peace nowadays, you guys are so noisy.”

“What?! I just giggle because Jungkook has tickled me.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Ah, I miss my Hobie.”

“Hobie?”

“Hoseok-hyung’s nickname, Just ignore him, are you going to the library again after this?”

“Yeah, want to go with me?”

“Nah, just want to sleep here.” Sometimes Jungkook accompany Jimin to the library, using the book there as his pillow, sleeping until Jimin waked him up to go home.

Everything is going to be fine because Jimin has promised to himself to never live in a lie. Even though the truth is so much pain, Jimin will let the world know it because a lie will only let him be in guilt that will only destroy slowly from the inside.