A Date

Love Is Punishment

Social and Cultural History, a compulsory subject that every student in the college had to take it once during their third or fourth year studying in there. Hoseok said it was fun and interesting that make Taehyung to anticipate it, but when finally it was his turn to learn it, Taehyung started to regret for trusting Hoseok. It’s completely the opposite, so boring and the lecturer just re-reading whatever had written in the book.

He has another 15 minutes to survive, listening while struggling to open his eyes. The two hour class was filled with playing game on his phone, pretending to write a note, but was sleeping actually and also thinking about Jungkook’s request or threat to be exact.

“Finally.” His suffering is finally over when the lecturer ended his lesson. Some are doing stretching exercise, straighten the muscle, while some already moved out from them lecture hall. “! Jimin.” Taehyung was too caught up talking with his classmate when Jimin is already out from the hall.

He runs while looking to everywhere, searching for Jimin. Then, Taehyung spotted Jimin. He was heading towards the café, so Taehyung fasten his step while shouting Jimin’s name making everyone to look at him. “Jimin! Wait!”

Jimin turns to find the voice that had yelled his name out. “Jimin-“ Taehyung stops in front of Jimin, wiping the sweat on his forehead using his hand. Jimin gives him time to recollect his breath, looking at how heavy Taehyung is panting. “Jungkook…wait a minute.” He holds his hand out before taking another breathes. “Jungkook asked me to invite you to lunch with us at the rooftop since he doesn’t have your phone number to invite you personally.” He said that in one go, no stopping or stuttering in the middle.

“Oh! By the way, I’m Taehyung, Jungkook’s friend.” Taehyung grabs Jimin’s hand and shakes it before holds it with both his hands tightly. “Please say yes. Jungkook will kill me if I don’t bring you along with me.” The plead in Taehyung eyes and how hard he had shook his head while pouting his lip cutely makes Jimin to shake his own head, agreeing to follow him.

Taehyung drags him to the rooftop, hand still holding one of Jimin’s small hands. “Ta-Da. Jimin in the house.” He makes his appearance so dramatically, like the opening of a theatre. Jimin stumbles a bit when Taehyung fasten his pace. “Get your hand away from my Jimin.” One second ago, it was Taehyung’s big hand that was holding him but now it was Jungkook’s.

Wow, it fits perfectly. Wait! What are you talking about Jimin-ah.

“Since when Jimin is yours?” the honest and curious question, maybe it was intended to be a teasing that Hoseok has no time to change it makes Jungkook to blush before letting go of Jimin’s hands instantly. “I-I never said that.” Then Jungkook busied himself with trying to open the plastic wrap of his bread before giving it to Jimin.

“I think our maknae had fallen in love.” Hoseok whispers to Taehyung who sits beside him. They sit ot the other side, not far from Jungkook and Jimin, looking at the lovely scene happens in front of them. Jimin will reply everything for Jungkook using his phone. Sometimes they giggle together and sometime Jimin will hit Jungkook’s arm while looking away, trying to cover his blushing.

“Yeah, and I think Jimin likes Jungkook too. Don’t you see how red his ears were when Jungkook held his hand just now?” But what they don’t know is that Jimin and Jungkook is talking about them too. The way Hoseok and Taeyung leaned and whispering to each other looked so intimate to them.

“Where is Yoongi-hyung?” Jimin freezes for a second hearing that name. He had totally forgotten about Yoongi being friends with them. “Ah, Hyung left his assignment at home that he needed to hand it in 1 hour.” It a relief hearing that because Jimin doesn’t have to deal with Yoongi may have recognized him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's just another day of Jungkook accompanying Jimin in the library and this time he chooses a thriller genre novel that he had found at the fiction corner of the library. They are nearing college exam season, so Jimin paid 200 percent of his focus studying and completing his assignment. Jungkook, just play it off because he still has like 2 weeks more before the actual examination day.

Yoongi and Hoseok have been studying hard too, since this final examination determined their future whether they will graduate with flying colors or not. Yoongi had vowed to not repeat the same mistake again and had restricted Taehyung from bothering or coming to his house during this crucial moment.

Aren’t you going to study? Exam in two weeks.

Jimin asked Jungkook when he saw how restless and carefree Jungkook is, reading novel instead of studying or revising everything that he had learnt for the past 4 months.

“Everything is already in here.” Jungkook answers while patting his head while having a smug face on him. He isn’t a born genius but Jungkook is good at guessing what type of question that will come out during exam, so he just needed one week or less to memorize the answer to the question. It’s not cheating or superstitious thing but that’s how he had nailed his exam.

Do you want to go out with me this Saturday? Just to release some stress.

Jimin passes the note while looking down, trying to look shy and embarrassed. Actually, he does feel shy and his face is really red and hot but Jimin is denying it. He blamed at his stupidness for choosing a place that is far from the air-conditioner.

Jungkook takes the notes, read it and look at Jimin before reading it again and look at Jimin once again. His eyes blink repeatedly, his brain is processing the word carefully and his suddenly feels too hot and burning.

“Really? You’re not joking, right?” The smile and the nod he got from Jimin enough to make Jungkook to jump in his seat, pumping his hand in the air several times. But somehow, seeing how genuine Jungkook’s reaction is making Jimin wanted to believe that Jungkook is being honest just now.

No, no, Jimin, don’t fall into his trap. Jungkook is just acting to like you.

That was the only reason that his brain had used to convince his heart whenever it started to act abnormally, like beating faster and forcefully hard when he saw Jungkook’s smile or when he feels the burning and tingling sensation whenever Jungkook had touched him accidentally or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning, Hyung. Have you taken your breakfast?” Jungkook is wearing a simple white t-shirt and a checkered denim shirt as an outerwear pairing with a ripped jean and a pair of boots from Timberland. He looks amazingly handsome and to complete his style, a beanie to hide his hair leaving only bangs covering his forehead.

Jimin nods while circling his stomach telling Jungkook that he had eaten. Of course I had eaten. It’s already 11.00 AM, you idiot. Jimin wears an oversized sweater pairing with acid-wash jean and a pair of boots too, from a local brand.

“Where should we go first?” Jungkook had planned everything beforehand. First venue, shopping mall, window shopping while eating ice-cream (definitely by sharing one ice-cream, indirect kiss), then having lunch at one of the expensive restaurants, using his brother credit card that Jungook had borrowed. After that, going to karaoke but Jimin can’t talk, so cancelled it. Maybe going to game arcade, trying every game there or watching new movie at the cinema. Then, having the most romantic dinner ever and finally kissing time.

Jungkook, I need to be home by 7.

Reading what Jimin had written for him shattered every plan he had thought before. Actually, Jimin planned to stay longer too but Namjoon, being a strict father again, had made Jimin to promise that he will be back by 7, no more late night hang out not until Jimin had finished his exam.

“Okay, we have like 7 hours before. Let’s not waste it any minute.”

First, they go to the biggest shopping mall in the town, ready to make a tour to every shop there. There are lots of people there since it was holiday, coming with their boyfriends or girlfriends and family or even friends. Jungkook dragged Jimin to an apparel store, looking expensive and exclusive.

Wow, the price. My one month salary.

He just wanders into the shop while Jungkook had chosen some cloth for Jimin to try. “Hyung, let’s play rich guy game.” Jungkook whispers to him before forcing him to the changing room. One of the shop assistants follows behind them and waiting patiently beside Jungkook. Then 3 minutes later, Jimin comes out wearing one of the T-shirt that Jungkook had chosen for him.

“Hmm, it’s too plain. Change.” First comment for the first cloth.

“Too big. Change.” Then another comment for another shirt.

“No, no. Too bright.” The shop assistant starts to clench her hand into a tight ball, but still smiling, holding her thin patience in her hand.

“Hyung, why everything doesn’t fit with you. Let’s find another shop.” The last comment for the last shirt that Jimin had worn. They leave the shop with no turning back, but Jimin had bowed to apologize before Jungkook took his hand to get out of the shop.

“Oh my god. It’s so funny. Don’t you see the look on her face? She was trying hard not to transcend her anger.” Jungkook was still holding Jimin’s hand, walking straight but Jimin stopped him making Jungkook to look at him in confused.

“Jimin-Hyung?” suddenly Jungkook feels so small when Jimin had glared at him, lip pressed into a thin line. “I-I’m sorry. I can go and apologize to her if you want.” Then Jimin sighs before smiling to Jungkook. Jimin links their finger together before walking straight again. That little skinship from Jimin somehow had made Jungkook to bite his inner lip from smiling too wide.

“Ice-cream! Ice-cream! I want ice-cream.” They were walking without purpose when Jungkook saw an ice-cream parlor. It was painted with pink pastel, decorated with cute drawing of ice-cream and other wall decoration.

“I want one strawberry ice-cream, please.” It’s just a habit from Jungkook to act cute at something cute, not that he intentionally doing it to flirt but the noona at the counter seemed to melt at that aegyo.

Jimin pulls at Jungkook’s sleeve before showing his phone to him. I want vanilla with chocolate. I don’t like strawberry was what had written on the phone. With a slightly sad tone, he orders another ice-cream for Jimin. Of course Jimin likes strawberry but he’s not going to fall for that trick, sharing one ice-cream and bla bla.

It’s time for lunch and they are quarrelling about which restaurant to go. Jungkook wanted to go to the Italian restaurant, serving the rich food and meal but in the other hand, Jimin wanted something simple and less cost like Jajangmyeon or Bibimbap.

“Hyung, please! I want to eat pasta. The seafood pasta there is so delicious. Please.” After 10 minutes of begging and pleading, finally Jimin agreed to eat at the Italian Restaurant. Jimin is not fan of seafood or western food but Jungkook had ordered seafood pasta for him. Reluctantly, he had to finish it and Jungkook had paid the meal proudly with his card (his brother’s actually).

Then, they continue not dating, but hang out together, according to Jimin, watching a new cartoon movie. But Jungkook had fallen to sleep right after 30 minutes of watching it. He used Jimin’s shoulder to rest his head, intentionally.

The movie has another 30 minutes before it finishes and Jimin’s phone keeps on vibrating indicating that someone had called him. It was from Namjoon.

Hyung, can’t talk. In the cinema now. Jimin sends text to Namjoon.

Oh! Sorry. Just buy fried chicken for me on the way home. Hungry. He gets a reply 5 seconds after that. Namjoon must be really hungry seeing at how fast he had replied.

Okay. Be back at 7. By the time he replied to Namjoon, the screen showed the ending of the movie. Jimin wakes Jungkook up before walking out together.

Jungkook is pouting, not talking much on way back to Jimin’s house. Actually, Jimin had declined Jungkook’s offer to send Jimin home but the sad look on Jungkook’s face soften his heart a bit before agreeing. Jimin and Jungkook are holding hands, walking in silence while swinging their hand in the air. They stop in front of the lift, waiting for it to come down.

“Hyung, thank you for asking me to hang out with you today. I have so much fun.” They are standing in silence, facing to each other. Usually Jungkook will kiss a goodbye kiss on the lip at the end of his date but this time, he can’t bring himself to be bold and kiss Jimin.

Ding

The door lift opened in front of them. Jungkook had frozen when the lift had closed its door. Jimin had kissed his cheek before jumping into the lift and push the close button leaving the stunning Jungkook outside alone.

“he…Jimin kissed me.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook, what are you doing here?” Yoongi opened his house door to see Jungkook standing in front of him, smiling sheepishly.

“Hyung, let go party.”

“Why?”

“Because I’m happy. Let’s celebrate my happy day together at the club.” Jungkook makes his way to the living room, feeling so high and happy.

“Where have you been today?” Yoongi questioned the maknae, while typing something on his phone. Leaving a text to Hoseok and Taehyung, telling them that he will pick them up in 40 minutes.

“A date.”

“With who?”

“Jimin, of course.”

“WHAT?”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The club was loaded with people, age ranging from 20 to 30 but no one had time to care about it. Majority of them was drunk and dancing crazily to whatever song played by the Dj at the background. Jungkook and Yoongi were drunk too, jumping and dancing with whomever near them.

Hoseok and Taehyung had gone somewhere together but neither Jungkook nor Yoongi had realized it, that both of them had gone missing. When the music turned to another one, Yoongi stopped to sit for a while. His world is spinning too much that makes him to feel nausea. Jungkook is still dancing when a girl moved to dance with him.

“Hey, are you alone?” that girl whispers to Jungkook’s ear.

“No, but we can dance together.” He replied back, one of his hands started to hold that girl’s waist and the other hand is still on his side. They danced like hours before Jungkook leaned again to ask something to that girl.

“Do you want to go somewhere else?”

She smirks, knowing the meaning behind it and leans to Jungkook’s ear. “Your place or mine?”

“Yours.”