The Truth Pt 2

Love Is Punishment

Hi and hello again. I'm sorry, I should have posted this chapter two days ago but something happened at work, having to work overtime since one of my colleagues had taken a sick leave, so I have to replace him. 

And here the whole story of what had happened between Jimin, Jin and Namjoon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What are you thinking you’re doing?”

Jimin startles at that interruption from someone, making his hand that was trying to pull the needle from his wrist. He was alone in the hospital room that noon since Namjoon had to go to work while Yoongi promised to visit him at night.

But, he knows who’s that voice belongs to. “I just want to go home.” Said Jimin while playing with his hand, nervous, knowing his own mistake.

“What is happening to you, Jimin-ah? Why are you doing this? He is my only brother; do you have to hurt him too?”

Jimin can’t look at Jin. He wanted to properly look at him, to apologize, but Jimin can’t find the courage to do so, but he settles with a broken I’m sorry, his voice is cracking.

His eyes are burning and tear started to prickle, so Jimin closes his eyes, taking his breath slowly. Why everyone is blaming him? Why Jungkook is the only victim? Even Namjoon scolded him for the first time in 5 years, for playing with Jungkook’s heart. And Yoongi reasoned what Jungkook had done that night to Jimin as a mistake and that Jungkook was drunk, alcohol controlled his sane mind.

“Jin-Hyung, am I a bad person?”

“I-I—“

“If we didn’t meet 5 years ago, you’ll be happy, Namjoon-Hyung will be happy. Maybe I’ll never meet with Jungkook and even if we did meet, hurting him like this will do nothing to my heart.”

“You-you love my brother?”

“Your father.” Now, it’s the time for the truth to be revealed. The truth that Jimin had held onto it for a longer time, suffocating him to the point that Jimin has to force it out before he can breathe like normal. “Namjoon-hyung promised your father to leave you alone because he doesn’t want your relationship to affect your future.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Living with no father since he was 7 years old saddening Jimin. The other kids at his school teased and bullied him because Jimin only has a mother. When he went home, cried while asking his mother about his father, the only answer from his mother was he’s dead.

Jimin never again cried after that, he only laughed when the hit from his bullies hurt him so much. But everything was about to change when Jimin turned to 15. An event that Jimin thought it was finally a happy ending for him but he was wrong.

“Jimin, this is your new father.”

“Hi, you can call me Appa.”

A man that his mother brought to meet him one day greeted Jimin with so much affection and warmth. His new father was a great man, showering Jimin with his love and treating Jimin like his own son. Finally, Jimin can smile because he has a loving family, a loving mother and a caring father.

But thing changed when Jimin turned to 17. His father started to touch him more than usual. Waking Jimin up with a kiss on his forehead was not what his father usually did. Touching his thigh, lingering his hand at Jimin’s body when they were sitting side by side started to creepy Jimin a bit.

So, Jimin distanced himself from his father. Staying longer at the school, lying that he has club meeting, only to be back home late at night. With a goodnight greeting, Jimin walked straight to his room, sleep and waking up earlier than his father, afraid that maybe he will be waking up with a kiss on his forehead again.

One day, his mother had to stay for one night at his aunty house, leaving Jimin with his father only. His father was watching midnight news when Jimin returned home from school. He greeted him and went straight to his room, taking a shower before preparing himself to sleep. Jimin was about to close his eyes when someone opened the door.

“Jimin, can I sleep with you tonight?”

“N-no, You-you have your own bed.”

“But I’m lonely.”

Jimin wanted to run when his father grabbed his wrist, pinning it over his head before cupping his mouth to stop him from screaming out loud. He did struggle to escape but that man’s body is bigger than his own. He cried and yelled for help but no sound was coming out. But when his father leaned down, his mouth was nearing Jimin’s collarbone, he gathered all the strength he had to kick that man hard making him to release Jimin’s hands.

He ran out from his house, running until his feet couldn’t take it anymore, Hiding at the playground near his school until the dark night turned to bright. It was lunch time when Jimin went back home, hoping that maybe his mother will be at home by that time. Yes, she was already at home, waiting for Jimin with a bag in her hand.

“Get out of my house. How dare you trying to make a move on my husband.”

“Mm-mom, no, no, I didn’t do anything. Appa went into my room and he-he—“

“Jimin, I’m really sorry. I only love your mother. I-I just thought you as my own son, not more than that.” Ah, now Jimin knew what actually had happened. That man was lying and his mother believed him more than her own son.

“Mom, I’m sorry. I love you.” Jimin took the bag from his mother hand, kissing her cheek for the last time before leaving the house. Thankfully, that time was still school break, so he didn’t have to think about school for a while.

His school is the only place he knew that is safe for him to sleep at night. Knowing the secret path to enter his school, Jimin stayed there without the principal permission, hiding from the school security guard like a thief.

When morning came, Jimin went out to search for a part time job, relying on the money that he had in his wallet. But the money was enough for one week only. He asked everywhere but no one wanted to hire kid like him, Jimin was 17 at that time but having a face as young as middle school kid, was the biggest barrier.

It’s been three days and Jimin was still there, at the playground, blaming his own luck, when a couple approached him from behind.

“Hey, kid, why are you crying? Where is your mom? Are you lost?”

Two boys, one with broad shoulder and the other was wearing a black sunglasses, full of gangster aura, everything was black, from his top to his feet. The one with the broad shoulder asked Jimin all of those questions while the gangster-like-guy remained silent with both of his hands in his jean’s pocket.

“I-I don’t have home. My-my mom chase me out. No one wanted to take me as their worker. I’m broke.” Maybe Jimin was already tired with his life that made him to tell everything to the stranger. Crying harder after he had finished his story making the broad shoulder guy to hug Jimin.

“Hey, it’s okay. Do you want to live with us? By the way, my name is Jin. And that is my boyfriend, Namjoon.”

“My name is Jimin. But why? You don’t even know me? Why are you so kind to me?”

“Well, it’s not a bad thing to help people and besides my boyfriend here has a lot of empty room at his house, right Namjoon-ah?”

“WHAT?” Namjoon yelled in disbelief making Jimin to winch.

“Don’t yell at him. Look, you scared Jimin.”

“Jinnie, baby, what are you talking about huh, we don’t even know him. Besides, why my house, not yours?”

“Ah, you know how my father is. He doesn’t even allow me to adopt even a dog. So, please?”

Jin begged, pouting his mouth to look more pitiful while blinking his eyes and it’s cute. After contemplating about that matter for a long time, like years, finally Namjoon agreed to take Jimin to his house.

“How old are you, Jimin-ah?”

“17.”

“WHAT?” Now, both of them yelled at the same time before frowning at Jimin.

“Wow, I thought you were like 10 or 12 years old.”

And that’s how Jimin little journey with Namjoon and Jin had started. Shortly, one month after that, school begun again and Jimin went there like usual. But the news of him trying to make a move on his father spread like a wildfire resulting everyone to avoid Jimin like he was some sort of dangerous virus. But of course his bullies had double their hit to every part of Jimin’s body.

One day, Jimin went home with bruises everywhere, at his eyes, his hand and even on his neck, Namjoon couldn’t take it anymore. He called the bullies out later that night without Jimin’s knowing about it. Namjoon just wanted to give one or two lessons but somehow he had overused his strength making one of the kids to faint, unconscious for few days.

The next morning, the police came to his house, arresting Namjoon for hitting an underage kid. Jimin had hung onto Namjoon, not letting the police to take him away, only to release his grip on Namjoon after he had promised him to be back again later.

“Jimin, it’s just a few days, okay? So, stay at home, don’t go anywhere. And don’t tell Jin-Hyung about this. Can you promise me that?”

“O-okay. I’ll be waiting you here.”

Namjoon had to stay at the police station for one night before someone had bailed him out. Jin’s father had helped Namjoon to get out from there but with one condition that Namjoon had refused at first but after hearing shocking news from Jin’s father, Namjoon agreed.

“I can’t release you from here but I want you to break up with my son.”

“No, I’m sorry sir, but I can’t. It doesn’t matter if I have to stay here for months or years but I will never ever leave Jin. I love him and I need him in my life.”

“Listen here, boy. My son is studying in his college to be a doctor. So, your relationship with him will affect his future. You are just a drop out kid, no future but my son has bright future lied to him.”

“No means no. My decision is final.”

“Are you sure? Hey, do you want to know something about that little boy from your house? What is his name again? Jimin, right?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You know that Jin’s mother passed away in an accident, right? And what if I say that his mother died because of Jimin’s father. Hit and run. What will that boy react to that fact? That his father that he thought had died is actually still alive, living in the jail and had killed the mother to the one who had saved him.”

“No, no, it can’t be.”

And it’s true. Jimin was 7 years old at that time. Two police officers came to his house while he was sleeping to arrest his father for driving while drunk, accidently hit another car before run away from the scene. Jin’s mother was driving from her office to home when suddenly a car from the opposite crashed with her car. If only if Jimin’s father didn’t run but stopped to check on her condition, maybe she could be saved.

“So, what do you say? Leave my son or I’ll tell the truth to your little boyfriend.”

“I-I will break up with Jin but please don’t tell Jimin about that. It’s only left him in more pain.”

With that, Namjoon went back home, meeting with a crying Jimin. Too glad to see his hyung again. Later, at dinner, Jimin had invited Jin to have a dinner to celebrate his happy day, with them but of course the one who cooked all of their dinner was Jin, the one who had no idea about what had happened, with Jimin as his kitchen assistant.

Two days later, when Namjoon went home, drunk and was crying in his room, Jimin was there to wipe the tear away, rocking him until he fell to sleep. The next morning, with a bad hangover, Namjoon told Jimin everything but leaving the fact about Jimin’s father.

“Jimin,can you help me? Please, help me to break up with Jin-hyung.”

“No, no, I can’t do that. Hyung, please, ending your relationship will only hurt you two.”

“Please, for this once, I beg you, just help me.”

“No, I can’t. I won’t do it.”

But two days later, when Namjoon went back home, drunk again, begging Jimin to help him, he agreed, not having the nerve to see a broken Namjoon again.

It’s just another fine day for Jin when Namjoon called him to meet at his house. With a happy step, he walked there with a box of sweet donut for Jimin, having no clue of what he about to see. Namjoon had planned everything that day.

Jin entered the house, no one was outside, so he walked to Namjoon’s room but no one was there too. Then, he moved to Jimin’s room, hoping that Namjoon was there, maybe playing game with Jimin or something like that, but when he opened the door, Namjoon was there with Jimin on the bed, kissing.

“What are you two doing?”

Jimin was sitting on top of Namjoon, who laid his back flat on the bed. Their heads were touching and from Jin’s angle, they looked like kissing but the truth was Jimin couldn’t bring himself to kiss Namjoon, so he just adjusted his head to look like he was kissing Namjoon.

“Jin, I-I’m sorry. I—“

“Tell me what is happening now?”

“I love Jimin. I’m sorry.”

“WHAT?”

“Hyung, I-I—“

“You’re the worst, Jimin. Before, you tried to seduce your father and now my boyfriend?”

“No, no, hyung, please—“

“Stop, I don’t want to hear anymore. Be happy, don’t ever find me again.”

Jin left after throwing the box of donut to their face. And after that, Jin never came to Namjoon house again and Namjoon also didn’t bring himself to explain because that what he wanted, for Jin to hate him so that he can forget about their relationship completely. Namjoon knew Jin was a strong boy that he can move on and heal faster.

But Namjoon was different, trying to heal his heart with picking fights with a random person. The police station like his second house already, had to stay there frequently. But one day, a senior police officer had offered Namjoon a good deal. He wanted Namjoon to change, to use his strength for something better by becoming a policeman but he rejected that offer.

That police officer had asked Jimin to persuade Namjoon about that he still stubborn and refused to accept that offer until one day when Jimin had enough of Namjoon hard dealing.

“Jimin, where are you going?” Namjoon stopped him one day when Jimin walked out of his room with a bag full of his belonging.

“I want to go back to the playground.”

“Why? It’s not safe out there. Are you leaving me too?”

“No, I’m not leaving you but I want to fix thing up. I will go to Jin-hyung and tell him everything. After that, I will leave this house with a relief.”

“Jimin, please, don’t leave me. I only have you in my life now.”

“But why are you destroying yourself? I love you, hyung. You are like my own brother and I hate to see you hurting yourself. Everything happens because of me, so let me fix this, so that you can be happy again.”

“I will listen to you. Just tell me everything but please don’t leave me.”

“Will you accept that offer from Ahjussi?”

“Yes, I will.”

“Okay, I’ll stay.”

The senior police officer accepted Namjoon with an open hand, training him to be a good police to netizen. Jimin stayed at Namjoon house, taking care of Namjoon while going to school, studying hard to get into a college. Because one day, Jimin wanted to make Namjoon proud of him.

Namjoon had introduced Jimin as his boyfriend to everyone and so did Jimin. It a must so that Jin will believe that Namjoon and Jimin were in relationship.

Two years later, Namjoon brought Yoongi to his house and had introduced Jimin as his boyfriend for the first time to Yoongi. Jimin had changed a lot for the past two years. Replacing his glasses with contact lens, losing his weight to look fit and dying his black hair to orange.

 “You are the Little Monster. Oh my god.” Jimin was nineteen at that time, meeting with Namjoon’s friend and also his fan.

“Uh-hi. Yeah, it’s me. How can you recognize me?”

“Your lip. It’s the same.”

“Ah. I see.”

Since many people had recognized him, Jimin dyed his hair to black and wearing his old glasses back. The first day he was at the college, no one recognized Jimin, not even Yoongi because that glasses made him to look chubbier. So, he studied in the college in peace with no friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Namjoon-ah, Jimin had told me everything. Is that true?”

After Jimin had told Jin the truth, Jin waits for Namjoon to come to the hospital to ask him personally. He needs to know because his father had passed away one year ago, so only Namjoon is left for Jin to seek for the truth.

“That I left you because of your father?”

“Yes.”

“No, something like that will never affect my love to you but like I said before, it will hurt Jimin if he knows the real truth.”

“Can you tell me the real reason?”

And Namjoon tells Jin the whole story, about what had happened in the past, about Jin’s mother and how she had died. Now, Jin understands the whole reason behind it but there is one thing that still confused him.

“Why are you willing to sacrifice that much for Jimin?”

“Be-because the guy who married Jimin’s mother is my father. He had done the same to me but I left home before he can do more than just touching.”

“How-how do you know?”

“Jimin told me his name one week after he stayed with me. I just can’t tell him that that man is my father.”