Jungkook Meets Little Monster

Love Is Punishment

After readig comments from you all, I'm kinda feel so bad and was thinking so hard whether to post this chapter like how it used to or change it a bit. But I choose to just post it without changing anything. I hope you don't hate me...

And also there will be  a very tiny, very small exposure as to what actually had happened between Jimin, Jin and Namjoon. Just so that you can get the idea why Jin hate Jimin now. But once again, I'm sorry, I'm not going to reveal the whole story now, please, I hope you don't mind have to wait a little longer for that. 

Btw, thank you for subscribing to my story, for leaving your comments and to upvote it too. I really appreciate it. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin runs with a full speed only to slow down his step when he confident that he had moved far from the rooftop or Jungkook was not following behind him. The fast pace turns to slow and then he just walked to the nearest bathroom. There is no one in there, so Jimin just stands in front of the mirror, smirking to himself.

“Huh, so much tears.” He says while wiping the tears away using his own hand before washing his face because it does look ugly with the tear stains and swollen red eyes. Grabbing the tissue to dry his own face before staring at his own reflection in the mirror.

Everything takes place according to his plan. No, the thing that had happened between Jungkook and that girl was not in Jimin’s plan, but it did help to fasten things up. A storm that could shake their calm relationship.

“So, Jimin, now just wait for Jungkook to come and beg for forgiveness. Then, forgive him and alas, you got him. Jungkook-ah, I give you one week.” Talking to his own reflection, calculating everything, every plan he had thought of, from the moment Yoongi had told him about the bet.

A few days ago, Yoongi came to his house, to meet with Namjoon. Jimin took the opportunity to ask him about Jungkook and his progression with Jimin. The honest answer from an oblivious Yoongi amused him, what is his reaction when he knows the truth.

“I think Jungkook had started to like Jimin, like really like. He just can’t stop talking about Jimin for a second. Jimin that, Jimin this and he even celebrated the day when Jimin had kissed him, on the cheek.

Hearing how happy Jungkook was about that kiss, somehow had made Jimin’s heart to feel something that he himself can’t predict what was it. The feeling was so good and warm, but painful at the same time. Like something that he had long forgotten, a thing called falling in love.

Love, no, JImin-ah, get a hold of yourself. This isn’t time for that now.

“I will break your heart, completely that you can no longer feel a single thing.” The reflection in the mirror is smirking back to him, too evil and too lost in his own revenge.

“Jimin, you really can be an actor.” Jimin smiles, admiring his own ability to pretend crying in front of Jungkook and Taehyung. But the smiling face in the mirror is looking back to him, like it was mocking him for being so pathetic and desperate.

Desperate to get his revenge, being some sort of toy for entertainment, for a joking material. Pathetic because he knows everything that had happened in the past was his own fault. He had hurt an innocent heart so he thought that maybe punishing whoever had the nerve to play with love will wash his guilt away.

So, JImin slides down, sitting on the floor, bringing his knees closed to his chest, burying his own face there, crying until his heart can’t take it anymore. This time, the tear is not fake because the memory of what had happened in the past started to come crashing down to Jimin again. The old memory of seeing the shocked face of Jin when Jimin took his precious love from him coming to haunt him back.

Jin, the one who had loved him once without wanting anything in return, who had taken a good care of him, but the only thing Jimin had done to him in return was crushing Jin’s heart by his own hand. Taking Namjoon, his boyfriend away from him was the cruellest thing he has ever done. And the guilty feeling will always come chasing him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin went home with a red and swollen eye, heading straight to his own room, burying himself under his comfortable and fluffy blanket. Sleeping until Namjoon comes to wake him up that night, with two boxes of fried chicken in both hands.

“Jimin, wake up. I’ve bought dinner for us.” Jimin squints his eyes a bit to clear his vision because he had met with a bright light in sudden. He lifts his head, but laid it back forcefully making Namjoon to be in panic. “Jimin, are you okay?  What is happening? Let’s g to hosp-“

“Hyung, it’s okay. Just a bad headache.” Jimin assures him, not wanting to deal with a worried Namjoon. He takes a deep breathe first, before trying to sit up again, properly. This time, it’s doesn’t hurt like the first time he tried. “Let me shower first, then we can have our dinner, okay, Hyung?”

“Okay, are-“

“I’m okay, don’t worry.” Then Jimin get out of his bed, grabbing his towel before walking to the bathroom. Namjoon wanted to ask, to know why and what had happened that had Jimin to cry before. He can see the tear stain that is still on Jimin’s cheeks, like he had cried before he fell to sleep.

Namjoon waits in the kitchen for Jimin to finish showering, with a still unopened box of fried chicken and two bottles of coke. 10 minutes after that, Jimin comes out wearing a clean shirt and a sweatpant, taking his seat beside Namjoon. There is very big and burdensome silence that Namjoon really hates it.

He is in a big conflict, one of Namjoon’s hands is holding two flight tickets to Jeju Island, hiding it from Jimin’s sight and the other hand is tapping the table, nervously and all.

“Here.” He pushes the tickets to Jimin, avoiding looking at Jimin, not ready to face any rejection from him. “Jeju-island? Really? Hyung, thank you.” Jimin lunges himself to Namjoon, hugging him from the side, eyes are shining brightly, no longer looking sad and misery.

“But I also invite Yoongi to come with us, is it okay with you?”

“Sure, the more the merrier.”

“Okay, then. In two days, we will spend our holiday there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Jimin had left him, Jungkook fell on his knees, crying and this is the first time Taehyung had seen him crying. It’s too sad and sorrowful that Taehyung himself nearly shed his own tear.

“Jungkook, you should go and find him. Explain to Jimin everything. Tell him that you two already broke up.” Taehyung tried to persuade him, helping Jungkook to think straight looking at how loss he is.

Then, having to grab what Taehyung had said, Jungkook stands up back  before running to find Jimin everywhere, every single corner he could think of at the college. He had been running for 30 minutes or more that Jungkook didn’t even bother to count on it. He stopped when his leg can’t take it anymore, but Jimin is nowhere to be found.

Jungkook walks to home alone, hanging his head low along the way. Not having enough strength to look at people around him only to find a mocking face, as if they were blaming him for hurting Jimin’s heart, for acting stupid and for not realizing that he had loved Jimin.

“Jung---“ his brother, sitting on the couch, with a cup of coffee, greets him, but his voice trails away as his sight follows Jungkook’s body before he disappear into his room. He is confused at his brother odd behavior, but just shrugs it off, maybe his exam is too hard, while enjoying his warm coffee.

One hour after that, someone rings the bell and he opened the door to see three familiar guy standing in front of his house, looking worried and nervous.

“Jin-hyung, have Jungkook went back home?” Taehyung, the one who knows the whole story asked him after sitting on the couch together with Yoongi and Hoseok.

“Yes, he is in his room now. But, something is not right. Jungkook, he looked so sad. What is happening?” Now, seeing his brother's best buddies, sitting in his house, looking nothing except worried and restless, Jin knew it got nothing to do with exam or college problem

“You better tell me everything.” There is a threat in his voice. And everyone is aware of it, torn in between two choices, telling the truth or lying.

Taehyung is looking at Yoongi, like warning him about a fact that Yoongi already know. Jin-hyung is a doctor, what if he drugs us to force everything out. The three are having a very deep conversation through their eyes that Jin found it too amusing and hilarious.

Something like no, he is not that evil and this is not some thriller movie, Taehyung-ah is what Yoongi would reply back. The only part that is moving throughout the serious talking is their eyes. But hyung, Taehyung is right, Jungkook is his brother, he should know come from Hoseok after a long silence between them.

“Okay, okay. First, I’m sorry, everything happened because of me.” Jin is smiling proudly because he knows he had won in this silent battle.

Yoongi tells Jin everything, how he had challenged Jungkook for some stupid bet since he knew Jungkook is not someone that could back away from a dare, a fun one nonetheless. Jin was listening carefully but when Jimin name came out, “what a karma, dealing with a person named Jimin will only make you ended up with a heartbroken.” Is what Jin had commented before rushing Yoongi to continue.

“So, you too didn’t know that he can talk?”

“Yeah, because that was what Taehyung had told us.” The annoyed look Taehyung gets from Yoongi enough to make him to hide his body behind Hoseok’s back before answering him with a timid voice.

“I’m not lying. Maybe….I’d missed the part that he talk only when it needed from my classmate.” He ends telling his reason with a little pout, because Yoongi had scolded him for being too stupid for missing that one important thing on their way to Jin’s house.

“But we don’t know how Jimin can know it. Maybe he had heard about it somewhere.”

Jin just nods after Yoongi and Taehyung had finished telling him the whole story. This is the first time he had seen Jungkook looking so gloom and distress after he had broken someone else feeling. His brother being a playboy is not a new thing to him, but deep in his heart, Jin is thanking whoever had turned his brother into a mess. Because one does learn a lot from mistake because making mistakes is one part of living.

“Do you want to stay for dinner? I’m going to cook?” Jin stands up, looking natural and a little bit of happy, asking them to join him for dinner. Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok look at him in disbelief, like how can a brother be that calm when his little brother is having a very serious issue.

“What? Don’t look at me like that. Let’s eat first, then we can think of it together. I can only think wisely when I’m not hungry.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner go by so quiet since no one dared to utter one word at Jungkook since he was looking so down and small. Usually, Taehyung or Hoseok will compliment Jin’s food, but this time, they kept their compliment to themselves. It’s good to eat in silence that Yoongi had always wished, but Yoongi can’t enjoy it when finally he could eat in quiet.

After the dinner, Jin had stopped Jungkook from going back to his room. Jungkook wants to run away when everyone is looking at him, with that pity look that he doesn’t know what for. It’s not like the world will end. Just because he had hurt Jimin or that his heart is in pain now, doesn’t mean that everyone can look at him like he is the victim in this whole story.

“Stop looking at me like that.” Everyone is taken aback at Jungkook’s anger. One second ago, he looked sad and small but now his eyes are looking at them with a very strong gaze, boring straight to each eye in the room.

“Why are you getting mad at us? Because we had stepped on your pride? Giving you our worried looks make you a loser?” Jin’s word had put him some sense, which had him to look at his lap again. Having no word to reply back since what had been said is true. Once Jin had started talking, no one stays in silence, too scare to even let out their own breath.

“Answer me, Jungkook. I never thought you to play with someone feeling like that.”

“I-I…I’m sorry.”

“It’s not me you should apologize.”

“I know, but he won’t answer my call.”

“Do you love him? I want you to be honest. Ask your heart before you answer me.” Everyone is looking at him, anticipating his answer.

Jimin, a small boy, but with a very large smile in his face that Jungkook wants it to himself only. He doesn’t care if Jimin had played along with him in the first place, teasing him with that rejection thing or faking his speaking disability because what's important now is that Jimin is ready to give his heart but he missed that opportunity.

“I love him.” That is what Jin wanted to hear from his brother. Saying it out loud, admitting it without any regret. The sincere look from Jungkook proved that he is not lying.

“Now, give Jim-that boy time to calm down for a few days. After that, apologize to him like you really mean it.” Jin is not going to say that name because that will only bring back the past memory that he had thrown it away.

“Okay.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, I need to go to bathroom.”

“Okay, I’ll wait here.” Today is the day for Jimin and Namjoon holiday to Jeju-island. They are waiting for Yoongi to come since Namjoon had invited him too. Jimin and Namjoon arrived two hours earlier than their boarding time to avoid being stuck in a traffic jam. Jimin had excused himself to go to the bathroom to do his last check-up, to his face actually.

Namjoon is waiting alone at the boarding gate while listening to his favorite song in his phone. Keeping an eye to their belonging, but not really looking at them because he was too caught up with his phone. Then, someone pats his shoulder, making him to look up.

“Hey, Namjoon. Sorry, I’m late.”

“No, it’s okay. Sit down, hyung.” Yoongi put his bag at one of the empty seat before taking a seat beside Namjoon who is still oblivious of someone that had come with Yoongi. Then, Yoongi motioned Jungkook who stands like 5 meters away from them to come closer.

“Namjoon, this is Jungkook. My friend. Do you not mind if I bring him together. You know, he was having a…..a great break up, so I thought maybe joining us will calm him down.”

That name rings something in Namjoon’s brain, like he had heard it somewhere, but Namjoon can’t think where and when. He doesn’t have problem with other people joining their vacation, but the problem is Jimin, because he is shy with stranger or new people. The only time Jimin is confident with people is when he is dancing.

“I’m okay with him. But, well, you how Jimin is. Don’t expect him to be friendly with that boy.” He sides his head to look at Jungkook, poor boy, he looks so dead. But the name Jimin from Namjoon makes Jungkook to snap his head up really fast, his eyes searching for Jimin.

“Hyung, where is Jimin? Jimin-“

“Jungkook, that’s not your Jimin. They just have the same name.” Yoongi calms him down.

“Sorry, Namjoon-ah. He just had a bad memory with someone named Jimin too.”

“It’s okay. I understand.”

Jimin was walking to Namjoon when he saw Yoongi and Jungkook beside Namjoon. Luckily they sit with their back to him or Jungkook will spot him right there. He stops dead, too panic to move closer to them. What should I do? I don’t bring anything with me now. Not even my cap or my beanie.

But then, he had remembered that he had brought his phone together. So, he called for Namjoon, his savior, to bring his cap from his bag to him. Telling him the request is easy, but to provide Namjoon with a good reason as to why he needed to bring it since Jimin can just come to their seat, take it out and put it personally.

“Hyung, please, just bring it to me. Someone……yeah, some girl from club that keeps on asking me out is here, so please.”

“Okay, okay. Just wait there.”

5 minutes after that, Namjoon comes with a cap with him and a judging look from him. ”Seriously, you could just reject her instead of avoiding her.” Jimin can just smile sheepishly at that and will treat Namjoon a dinner for lying to him which he will keep it as secret forever.

“Jimin-ah, Yoongi-hyung brought a friend with him. Are you okay with that?”

“Ah. I’m okay.”

Jungkook was resting his head on Yoongi-s shoulder when Jimin and Namjoon come back to them. Jungkook doesn’t pay attention to Jimin, not giving even one look. Yoonig shakes his shoulder making Jungkook to lift his head, but annoyed at the same time.

“Jungkook, this is Namjoon’s boyfriend.”

Then, this time Jungkook properly looked at Jimin. “You-you’re Litt-little Monster. ! !” a chuckle from Yoongi enough to make Jungkook to turn to him. “Hyung! Why didn’t tell me before. Look, urgh, I’m unpresentable right now.” Jungkook rubs his own face, to clean it from dirt while fixing his hair before facing to Jimin again.