I Love You

Love Is Punishment

Hi and Hello again. Another update from me. And just one more chapter to go before everything that had happened in the past (between Jimin, Jin and Namjoon) will be revealed. Ah~~~one more thing, actually this fic is nearing the ending (that I've not written it yet). At first I wanted to make it longer, like 15 to 20 chaptered story but then it will get bored (so much ridiculous and crazy ideas will pop out), so yeah, I'll end with a happy ending you all. But first, there will some angst (which I'm not really sure if it's angst enough or not but I'll try) before that. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook!”

There is tension, bigger than elephant between Jimin and Jungkook the next morning. Jimin is avoiding Jungkook as much as Jungkook had distanced himself from Jimin’s side. Having breakfast while plugging the earphone in his ear, blocking all the noise from outside except for the heavy sound from the phone.

They don’t talk, don’t look at each other and 5 meters away from each other is their safe line. On the plane, Jungkook closed his eyes for that one hour while Jimin leaned his body to the window, hiding from Jungkook’s sight. The silent keeps on going on until they safely arrived in Seoul.

“Here, a gift for you.” They are walking in different directions, with Jungkook following Yoongi and Jimin follows Namjoon. When Jungkook and Yoongi are about to open the taxi door, Jimin called him, handing Jungkook his own cap with a cute signature before running back to Namjoon.

“Thank you.” Jungkook doesn’t realize that he had smiled so big, so happily that his mouth is hurting now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where are you going? We just arrived.” They arrived home 10 minutes ago, feeling tired and sleepy. Namjoon was making a coffee to stay awake when Jimin came out from his room with a small paper bag, walking towards the door.

“Meeting a friend. Goodbye.” He puts his shoe on, getting out from the house quickly, giving no time and space for Namjoon to question more like a noisy housewife. The distance between his house and the hospital isn’t that far, so Jimin settled with walking. Besides, it can be a good exercising for him.

It’s already evening; the road is busy with the car passing by and people walking lazily, too tired to take a quick pace to reach their destination faster. Jimin likes this kind of moment, walking alone with people around him is already exhausted from their work, which they just walk, pass him, have no strength to interfere with other people business.

Hospital, a place that will never empty with people, either they come here to visit someone or they getting a treatment in the hospital for whatever disease they have.

“Can I request for Dr. SeokJin to check on me?”

“Sure, you have to wait because he has 4 more patients before your turn.”

“Okay, I’ll wait.”

Jimin can hear his heart beating and the blood pulsing in his veins sound; it’s so loud and fast. He is anticipating meeting Jin again but is afraid too at the same time. What if he chases me away? His mind is thinking every possible reaction he will get from Jin, like chasing him away or giving him a painful injection. He was too dip into that thinking that Jimin didn’t realize time had moved so fast.

“Park Jimin.” A nurse coming from the doctor’s room calls his name making him to stand up in sudden before walking to that room. Every step that he takes is hammering his heart too much that Jimin has to stop for 5 seconds in front of the door, inhaling the air and exhaling it, giving out his nerves to the air.

“Good even---“ Jin’s voice fades away before finishing his greeting. Seeing Jimin in front of him had made his lip to form a thin line before looking at the paper in his hand back. Park Jimin, as expected, it is the Park Jimin that Jin had prayed not to be him before. But fate chooses to not listen to his pray.

“Hyung, how are you?”

“I’m busy. Get out if you come here just to be friendly with me. It’s not working anymore.”

“I-I just want to give you this.” Then Jimin pushes the paper bag that he had held tightly carefully without wrinkle it at any side. It’s just a small gift from Jeju, that Jimin had chosen it personally before going back here, without Namjoon consensus, obviously.

“Take it back. I don’t need anything from you.”

“Please take it; just think of it as a gift from one of your patients.”

“I don’t have time to play with you, Jimin. Door is that way, so, please.” Jin is busying himself writing something in his book before taking back the previous patient’s check-up form. Looking at how hard Jin is avoiding him, Jimin stands to get out from the room.

“I will return everything back to you soon, Hyung.” Jimin says that promise out loud to Jin before he gets out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Just call him.” Taehyung, the one who is frustrated with Jungkook’s stubbornness forced him to call Jimin right there, instantly but Jungkook refused to do anything, not even walking out from his bed.

He had been lying on the bed for one day and half day after Jungkook went back from Jeju last two days. Jungkook was having a conflict in him now because the Jimin that he had met as Little Monster had shaken his heart a bit. He is 100 percent believe that Jimin is the only person he want, but why he had almost kissed the Little Monster.

Why everything he did affect me in a way that I couldn’t explain how. But when he opened to look at Jimin’s picture in his phone, his heart beats like it had found its muse back. Like he had found the missing puzzle by just looking at Jimin’s smiling face.

Maybe I just excited to see him is the only thought Jungkook had fed into his brain and his heart, forgetting about his fluttering feeling to Little Monster who has the same name as Jimin.

“HYUNG! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” Taehyung gets an angry and a slightly panicking yell from Jungkook when he had taken the phone from Jungkook’s hand, making him to sit straight, trying to snatch his phone back. “Jimin, Jungkook have something to tell you.” Then Taehyung hand over his phone back to him while raising one of his eyebrows, having a smug face on him,

“What am I supposed to tell him? I’m not ready yet.” Jungkook whispers to Taehyung while covering his phone’s speaker with his hand. “Apologize.” Is the only reply he got before Taehyung sprint out from his room leaving Jungkook to sweat in nervous, alone and cold.

“H-hi Jimin-hyung. Can we meet? I-I want to explain everything to you.”

(“Okay.”)

“Really? Okay, then I’ll be at the park near your house in 20 minutes. Wait for me.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook never wear his shirt and jean that fast, that he had not stumbled even one bit. He fixes his hair while sprays perfume to his body before walking-running-out of his room to meet Jimin. He gets a smirk from Taehyung in return but Jungkook doesn’t have time to care or to hit that smirking face since he has Jimin waiting for him.

He just needs to explain everything, be honest and beg for Jimin to apologize and is ready to do anything for Jimin to forgive him. If Jimin wants him to kneel down begging, he will and Jungkook is ready for that. Ready to receive one or two hits from Jimin, or maybe Jimin will slap him but he is alright with it.

“I’m sorry” is what he has said for 10 minutes, along the way because he had pushed every people aside, boy or girl, who was blocking his way. Jungkook is so excited and eager to see Jimin again after one week.

The park is only a few steps from him, so Jungkook stops running to just walking, catching all the breath from running. Jimin was sitting on the swing, shuffling his feet to the ground while hiding his hand in his shirt’s pocket because the night is breezy and chilly.

Jungkook stops beside Jimin, who was looking at the ground, not aware of him yet. “Hyung.” Upon hearing that sweet and soft voice, Jimin raises his head, turning to Jungkook. “You look skinnier than before, have you eaten well?” it’s the first question Jimin had for Jungkook because he was dying to ask it the moment he saw Jungkook back at the airport.

“No because I-I missed you so much.”

Okay, Jimin, time to start your game.

“Jungkook, we-we should stop seeing each other.”

What? No, no, Jimin, this is not what you are supposed to say.

“Hyung, what do you mean by that?”

Thing is going on according to his plan, but why did Jimin has a sudden change of heart that makes him to utter that words unconsciously. He is succeeding in making Jungkook misery, feeling guilty with his own mistake but then when Jimin sees the shining light on Jungkook’s eyes, an honest and real look of someone who is in love, making him to hesitate.

Jungkook is the bad guy, right? Playing with people’s heart, treating love as a joke, as a toy that he can throw whenever he get bored of it. Dating a girl is entertaining him, receiving all of the attention he need, ing a boy is just a trial, a bet from his friends, to know how it feels to top a guy and leaving them alone in the morning. Is falling in love possible for someone like that?  

Why his eyes are looking at me like how Jin-hyung had looked at Namjoon-hyung before? Why my heart hurts so much right now?

“I’m sorry. I-I should go.”

 Jimin runs as fast as he can, leaving Jungkook behind. It’s like his body is moving on its own, disobey every command from his brain. His hand wanted to touch Jungkook badly that Jimin had drained blood away from his knuckles at how hard he had balled his fist. Having to stop the urge to kiss Jungkook, to be melted by his lip is burdening Jimin too much that running away is the only right thing for now. Ending it before he can fall deeper that Jimin has to admit to one conclusion that he refused to believe it.

“Hyung.” Jungkook chases Jimin, double his speed until Jimin is only one hand away from him. He is determined to get Jimin back, so his fasten his step until he can grab Jimin’s wrist to stop him from running.

And they stop with Jimin is looking away from meeting eyes with Jungkook. They both are breathing hard. “Why are you running away from me?” Jungkook managed to say it without stuttering despite of still trying to catch his breath.

“Th-this is wrong. Let me go. I should not have agreed to meet you. We’re not supposed to see each other. No, no, this is not the end that I want.” Jimin is panicking, his body is trembling hard that even Jungkook can feel it.

“Hyung, I love you too. I know I’m stupid for just realizing it now. I want to fix everything, to love you properly because I just need you in my life.”

Jimin is gasping for air after hearing the confession from Jungkook. This is what he wants from the start, for Jungkook to fall in love with him so that he can break his heart like what Jungkook had done before. But when the real moment comes, when he was already one step ahead, Jimin can’t bring himself to do it, to say that his confession is just a fake empty word from him.

“I-I’m sorry. I can’t. I-I don’t”

“What do you mean, Hyung?”

“This is wrong, everything is wrong, no, no, I don’t love you, I can’t. We should stop seeing each other”

“Say that you don’t love me straight into my eyes. Make me believe, then I will never bother you again.” Jungkook holds Jimin’s face up, levelling their eye in the same position, waiting for Jimin to say it, to reject him. “I need to go.” Jimin pulls Jungkook’s hand away from his face, ready to back away from Jungkook but suddenly he can feel a soft lip on his own lip. He blinks furiously, freezing when he can feel that lip is moving to kiss his lip deeper.

Jungkook kisses him; pouring everything he had felt for Jimin in that kiss, hoping that Jimin will believe him, that he had fallen truly in love this time. But the lack of response from Jimin forced Jungkook to break apart.

“Jimin, I really, really love you. Please, don’t leave me. I’d broken up with that girl. Yes, it’s true, we dated but I can only think about you. And when I went to Jeju, to clear my mind, I’ve met with someone that has the same name as you and he reminded me of you that had made me to miss you so badly.”

“I-I love you too.” Then Jungkook leans down a bit to kiss Jimin again. But when Jimin kissed him back, Jungkook had smiled into that kiss.

Falling in love is not what Jimin had imagined when he started this game because Jimin had believed that love is not for someone like him. So, what should he do now? Telling the truth to Jungkook or keeps on disguising, hiding everything from Jungkook forever? What will happen to their relationship if Jungkook know the truth?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jin is on his night shift, has to monitor his patients from time to time. It’s still early for his patient to sleep, so Jin takes his time to visit them, asking about their where about like usual when Jimin came to meet him, looking tense and uneasy.

“Hyung.” His voice sounded so broken.

“What do you want, Jimin? I’ve clearly said---“

“Why—“ Jimin’s hand had fisted at Jin’s white coat and his eyes feels hot because of the tear that started to leak out. “-why you didn’t fight for your love back? Why did you leave Namjoon-hyung? You-you should chase me out like how my mother had done. I-I tried to take him away from you but why you did nothing about it?”

“Jimin, hey, calm down.”

A very intense wave of fear had attacked Jimin making the place to start spinning and he feels like wanting to throw up. His whole body is shaking that Jimin can’t catch his breath. His heart is pounding out of his chest that he had gripped on Jin’s coat tightly.

“Why do I have to suffer like this? Why do I have to live in guilt? No, no, this is not happening. Everything is just a lie. I-I need to go back, to-to my--.” Then, everything goes black. Jimin had fainted in Jin’s arm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PARK JIMIN. Jimin, where is he? Please, where is Jimin?”

“Namjoon!”

Namjoon is standing in front of the counter, looking for Jimin, panicking when he received a call from hospital telling him that Jimin had fainted. He was writing a report at the office when he got a sudden call from hospital.

“How is Jimin? Why he faint?”

“Relax. Nothing is wrong with Jimin. He just had a panic attack.”

“Where is he?”  Then Jin brings Namjoon to Jimin’s room.

Jimin is lying on the bed, face paler than before that had Namjoon to clench his heart because he had made Jimin to suffer, to get all the blame. He knows it was selfish. His ego had forced Jimin to fake his smile, to close his heart for love. The only thing Namjoon can do to repay back is by always staying beside Jimin, making him happy and protecting Jimin with all of his heart.

“Namjoon-ah, what is actually had happened between you two? Between us?”

“Jin-hyung, I never lied to you. I really love you.”

“But, why you kissed Jimin in front of me? Why you broke up with me, telling me that you love Jimin more than me?”

“I’m sorry. I-I stop Jimin from coming to you again. Everything is already in mess and telling the truth will hurt Jimin more.”

“Why? Why do you care for Jimin? Why everything has to be about Jimin?”

“Because he changed me. Jimin saved me from becoming an evil.”