He Is Me

Love Is Punishment

“Hey, look, my friend sends me a video of Little Monster practicing. Cool, right?” the three of them were hanging out at Jungkook’s house after class since they don’t have anything to do. Yoongi is out meeting with his other friend, whereas Hoseok and Taehyung are free, but too lazy to complete their assignments.

The video played in Hoseok’s phone shows a boy wearing a cap that covered half of his face, dancing to the music played in the background. The movement is what they called as an art. Too smooth and too mesmerizing that both Hoseok and Taehyung had drooled over that swift moving like liquid body.

“Hyung, please help me. I’m about to die now. My-my heart had gone crazy.” Said Taehyung while putting both of his hands at his chest, pretending to gasp for air. “Oh no, Taehyung, hold on. I’m going to do CPR to you.” Then Hoseok lies Taehyung flat on the bed before clamping Taehyung’s mouth using his hands. But when Hoseok leans down to kiss his own hand that is on Taehyung’s mouth, Jungkook had said something that makes him stop abruptly.

“Stop flirting, will you. Just confess to each other and then happily ever after.” With that honest thought from Jungkook, both Hoseok and Taehyung stand up while blushing redly like a steamed prawn.

“Wh-what? Don’t talk nonsense.” The stuttering from Hoseok is enough for everyone to know that his heart was having a hard time to find its normal pace again. Well, if Jungkook squints hard, he can see that steam is coming out of Hoseok’s ears.

“Then why are you smiling like that alone?”

What a good move, Taehyung-ah, just distract him from embarrassing you. And he did succeed indeed, because Jungkook had shown them the list he had written in his phone. The mood to tease the two lovebirds long gone since the attention is now on his list written on the phone. Hoseok and Taehyung are reading with unexplainable expression, like somehow in between thinking deeply and overload curiosity.

Get Jimin to love you, even your title is not convincing enough and look at this, everything is about the book. Get to know book, friend with book and---“ Taehyung had to look at the phone again to make sure that it’s not some tricky imagination from his brain cause the thing he had read is too mythical. “-Flirting with a book, a book nonetheless. Have you gone mad? Just one rejection from that nerd boy had blown your mind away, I guess.”

“See, even the alien-thinking-like Taehyung knows it’s illogical and maybe Tae is right, you’ve gone crazy.” Jungkook just clicks his tongue at that malicious comment, not that hurtful but just really straight to the point without any filtering in the middle.

“Look, my lovely Hyungs, Jimin said that he only likes books in his life, so I should be in his world first to get his attention. Get it?” finally, Jungkook chooses to explain the real meaning behind that list. “So, starting tomorrow, but first don’t freak out, just listen until the end, promise?” Hoseok and Taehyung nod at that even though the confused look is still showing on their faces.

“I will go to the library and from there; my investigation of what is the exciting thing about the book will begin. I need to beat this magical thing called book because it has beaten me, completely had knocked me down. Got it?” both Taehyung and Hoseok nod at the same time, too lost to say even one word because they had confirmed that Jungkook is insane, like seriously out of his mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh, Jimin. You scared me.”

Jimin was walking from the front door to his room when he saw Yoongi smiled while looking at his glass, but he is alone, no one is beside him. So, he decided to greet him since Yoongi is Namjoon’s friend and it’s very rude to just walk away from his friend, apparently all of Namjoon’s friends will automatically become his friends.

“Sorry, hyung, just you’re smiling alone. You’re not crazy right?”

By now, Jimin had stood beside Yoongi after pouring orange juice in his glass, sipping the juice while waiting for Yoongi to answer his question.

“No, no, I just thought about funny thing just now. Hey Jimin, I have a favor to ask.”

“Sure, what is it?”

“Emm, my friends really like you, as Little-Monster, of course and I might have used you as a reward for the challenge that I’d given to one of my friends. First, I’m sorry for using your name without your permission. And secondly, will you meet them?”

The nodding and little lip pouting from Jimin had made Yoongi to stand in nervous because what if Jimin is angry at him or the worst thing can happen is that Jimin will chase him out from his house. He still doesn’t get any answer from Jimin after 5 minutes of waiting; slightly trembling, but Yoongi had played it cool, standing with swag aura floating around him.

“Ji-“

“Hey Hyung, I’m sorry. I’ve got to go now. Duty call.” Namjoon was walking in hurry while passing the kitchen with his phone in his hand, not really paying attention to Yoongi or Jimin. Maybe he had stumbled lots on his way to the front door but for someone as careless as Namjoon, such thing is not a big deal.

“HYUNG, DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR KEY. I’M NOT GOING TO OPEN THE DOOR FOR YOU TONIGHT.” the shout from Jimin, warning him about the house key had stopped him from walking out from the house. Namjoon turns back, running to his room before coming out with a bunch of key in his pocket. “Thanks Jimin. I’ll buy you supper.” With that promise, Namjoon sprints out from the house leaving only Jimin and Yoongi.

“I still can’t believe someone like that got to be a policeman.” There is no hurtful meaning behind that word of Yoongi. He just finds it too amusing for a school drop-out kid to be a police officer at the end. The one who used to do vandalism, pick-pocketing and other minor crimes had turned into someone who fights for justice.

“Love can change people. It either maturing us or dragging us to the darkest side.”

“What do---“

“So, Hyung, about what you’d said earlier-“ Yoongi turns to look at Jimin, the attention is full onto Jimin. “---I will meet them, but first you’ve to tell me everything about the challenge.”

“Sure, can we talk in the living room?” then Jimin nods while smiling, walking with Yoongi to the living room, carefully placing his glass on the coffee table.

 Jimin is very elegance and graceful. Sometimes, Yoongi feels like he was watching a beautiful flower swinging around when getting hit by the wind. It is so fascinating by how silky it may look, but the vibe that radiant from Jimin’s movement is too y for Yoongi. Like how can a person as cute as Jimin who has a chubby cheek to be that illegally y.

“Hyung?” the hand waving in front of his face had him to snap back to reality. “Err-yeah-I’m sorry. I was thinking about something.” Obviously about Jimin because he had looked at Jimin with such an intense look but Yoongi is not going to admit it.

“Okay, here is the story. My cute little best friend, Jungkook, a.ka. the playboy in our college had dumped his girlfriend again last week. So, sick of hearing that, I challenged him to date a boy for one month and I’d picked a random boy for him. But the boy happened to be a nerd one named Jimin---“

Wait, that nerd boy name is Jimin and this boy is Jimin too. But this Jimin is totally nothing like a nerd boy. He is too y to be a nerd boy. Yoongi, look at him, this Jimin wears piercing and really fashionable cloth and plus he doesn’t go to the same college as you. Get a hold, Yoongi-ah, it is just a coincidence for them to have the same name.

“Yoongi-hyung?”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Back to my story, that nerd boy is mute according to Taehyung, my other best friend, and he had rejected Jungkook. So, now Jungkook is determined to make Jimin to love him because he really wants to meet you as Little-Monster.”

After telling the whole story to Jimin, somehow Yoongi feels like a very heavy load had been lifted from his shoulder, like he can breathe with ease. But the lack of response from Jimin making him to sweat in nervous. Jimin looks calm and quiet as he takes another sip of his juice.

“Okay, just bring them to meet me when Jungkook had won the challenge.” It’s such a relief for Yoongi to hear that but something is missing from Jimin’s smile. Like it’s too fake, too forceful, that he failed feel the honesty behind that smile. But Yoongi is not good at reading people feeling, so he just shrugs it off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey, Jimin, not sleep yet?” Namjoon greets him when he sees that Jimin’s room is still light up because it’s already passed midnight and Jimin is not sleeping yet. Jimin doesn’t like to sleep late since not having enough rest will affect the healthiness of his face.

“No, can’t sleep.” The simple answer he got is enough for Namjoon to sense that something is bothering Jimin because Jimin is very talkative. Usually, he will answer Namjoon’s question with not just one answer and Namjoon doesn’t have to ask anymore since he got the whole story from Jimin.

“Someone is bullying you again? Tell me so that I can give them some lesson.” Jimin shakes his head while looking down. “Then? Wait, did Yoongi get mad at you because he already knows about your identity. That’s why he wants to meet you earlier. Jimin, I’d told you to just tell him before thing gets messed up-“

“Hyung, not that. He is still oblivious about that.”

He’s been deceiving Yoongi for three years already, disguising as a  nerd at the college. At first he did that because he wanted to hide his identity as Little-Monster, hated the attention he got from people around. Having no space to move and to breathe, he decided to put glasses and cover his forehead with a bang. Jimin thought maybe Yoongi will recognize him but one day when he walked passed him, Yoongi didn’t even spare him one look. So, everything just flew by like that.

“I’m just feeling so sad right now because there are people outside who still joke about love. Whereas Hyung, you had sacrificed everything for love. It’s not fair for them to make love as a toy just because they are bored and yet, you are here suffering because you’ve chosen to protect your love.”

Namjoon doesn’t have an exact answer to that question because everyone has their own choice on what they want to do with love. Some choose to hold onto his love tightly, not letting it do but some prefer to let it go because it’s a burden to them. And for people who make love as their toy or as a joke, maybe their heart is thoroughly had been covered by the darkness itself.

The hug from Namjoon is too warm and secure that Jimin feels it is safe to rely everything on Namjoon. Jimin knows he is being selfish, wanting Namjoon to always be by his side, when it’s almost time for him to be independent.

“Namjoon-hyung, it’s been 5 years.” Jimin breaks the hug before cupping Namjoon’s face with his hands. Then he smiles, the one that Namjoon like the most, innocent and full of sincerity. “It’s time for you to fight for your love back.”

“But how about you?”

“Love is not for someone like me. Someone who only brings bad luck to other people.”

“Hey, Jimin, you know it’s not true.” The bright smile that had plastered on Jimin’s lip had turned into a sad one. Trying hard not to let the tears to flow down because crying is not that worthy. Crying only means that the hard trial to be confident and strong that Jimin had done for the past years is a waste.

“For someone who’s his own mother had thrown him away because his stepfather had accused him for trying to seduce him and also for destroying your relationship, I’m not that eligible to fall in love or to even feel what love is.”

“Jimin, my failed relationship had nothing to do with you. You know that. You just happened to be in the way when it’s starting to break into pieces.”

“We both are idiot.”

“Yeah, I know.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I study here with you?

Jimin is studying alone in the library when he received a box of chocolate milk with a post it sticks to it. Ah, not again. He was ready to give his smile to thank whoever had delivered that in behalf of Jungkook but when he lifted his head, Jungkook is standing right in front of him, shyly smiling at him while holding three books in his hand.

Not wanting for Jimin to give his permission, Jungkook walks to the other side of the table, opening the chair himself before sitting right in front of Jimin, slamming the heavy books a little bit harder that makes the librarian to glare at him. “What are you studying? I’m here for Mathematics.” Said Jungkook while opening the book at a random page.

Jimin opens his mouth to answer, but then he remembered something, Jungkook though he was mute, so he closed his mouth back and lift his book slightly instead to show Jungkook that he was studying literature.

“Ah~literature. One thing that doesn’t go well with me. Last week or last month, maybe, my professor had scolded me really bad because I’d slept in his class. I did try to open my eyes, but you know, it’s so boring and ---“ Jungkook was talking in his usual volume, totally forgetting that he was actually in a library, where he needed to tune down his voice. But when Jimin patted his hand while motioning one of his finger to his lip, then he had realized his mistake.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Just continue with your study.” He whispers that, smiling at Jimin. When Jungkook is sure that jimin had looked away, he brushes his hand, the part where Jimin had touched him before. His hand is so soft. But what Jungkook didn’t realize is that Jimin had witnessed that moment and smirks without being obvious. Jungkook, let the game begin, shall we.

Study is not for people like Jungkook because he had fallen to sleep right after 30 minutes opening his book. The hard formula that he had to remember and memorized made his head to feel dizzy and sleep was the only solution.

“Jungkook, wake up.” Someone is shaking him, trying to interrupt his sleep. The shaking is not going to stop any second because it’s getting stronger than before. Reluctantly, he opens his eyes and Hoseok is standing in front of him.

“What time is now?”

“7.00 pm.”

“What? I’ve been sleeping for 3 hours. Where is Jimin?”

“He’s gone, I guess. But, hey, he left you a note.” It’s the same post it note that Jungkook had given to Jimin before, but there is something written at the lower part of the note. Thank for studying with me. See you again next time with a smiley emoticon at the end.

“Hyung. Look! Look! He wanted to see me again.” Jungkook is jumping happily, not paying much attention to the warning he got from the librarian.

“I know. I know. Stop jumping around. Let's go home now.”

“Let's go home. I treat you dinner today. Taehyung-hyung too and Yoongi-hyung too.” Hoseok can only nod at that. Jungkook is smiling for the whole day, too happy to even get mad when Taehyung ordered the most expensive meal in the restaurant.

 

===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Thank you for giving me such a positive response and support. I really, really appreciate it. 

But first, I think I need to clarify one or two things. Actually Yoongi is innocent in this story. The challenge he set for Jungkook and the random guy he pointed out for Jungkook is not intended. Everything is coincidence (or fate, maybe), the guy happens to be Jimin, the same Jimin that he had known as Namjoon's boyfriend but of course Yoongi doesn't have any idea about it. 

Please don't be disappointed about Jimin being coupled with Namjoon here because there is reason behind it, as to why Jimin is in a relationship with Namjoon. Later, you'll know the truth about it and don't worry, it's a Jikook story, so stay tuned for a happy ending with jikook being together (I hope so or I might change the ending, everything is up to you)

And also there will be no solid reason why Jimin had disguised himself as a nerd at the college. Let's just say that it's random thought he got to avoid people from recognizing him as the Little-Monster. I also will not explain more about Jimin's family problem because I was too lazy to write about it. Just know that Jimin had a problem with his family.

Hey, no one misses Jin here? Jin is the one who doesn't make his appearance yet. He will show himself soon, but not now. 

Lastly, I want to warn you that there will be lots of confusing and complicated things in the future, please bear with me because I like mysteries and puzzle thing. 

So, till we meet again.Oh, one last time, the next update is maybe in two or three days after today because I've to be outstation because of my work. Till then, enjoy your life to the fullest.