Jungkook's Fight, With A Book

Love Is Punishment

This chapter is all about the progression of Jungkook and Jimin relationship. Nothing really happen in here and it may be boring but please, just bear with it. A little of fluff and sweet moments are needed too. ^.^ ^.^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook, can you please stop reading. My head is hurting just by seeing you with book. What are you even read, huh?” Jungkook is starting to get weird, according to Taehyung since that last library date (not a date actually, but Jungkook insisted it) with Jimin, two days ago. Before, his room was messy with comics and adult magazine, but starting yesterday, it started to fill with books, which Taehyung didn’t even know was existed.

Scandal World History, are you serious?” the first book that he bought on his way home. Even Jungkook himself quiet not sure why did he buy it in the first place. Just the thought of wanting to impress one certain people encouraged him to pick one random book, went to the counter and paid for it. “Do you even know what the history of our country is?” Taehyung questions him while trying to read whatever had written in the book.

“Are you…Hyung, for sake, I’m 20, of course I know what. I’m not that stupid. That’s a basic knowledge for a college student.” His voice sounds too arrogant and proud. But when Taehyung asked Jungkook to tell him a little about it, the stuttering and the difficulty to even form one word proved the opposite of it. “My mind can’t think right now. Maybe I need to sleep.” Another excuse, not necessarily, but it’s a must for Jungkook to escape himself from being humiliated.

“What? Who’s going to play this game with me?” Taehyung whines when suddenly Jungkook paused the game and tossed the game console to the side before standing up to walk to the bed. “Hoseok-hyung, play for me.” With that being said, Hoseok jumps to seat beside Taehyung, grabs the consoler, push the play button again, giving no time to Taehyung to protest. “It’ll be so boring. Hoseok-hyung is nothing to me.”

“WHAT?” well, Taehyung is sure that he had whispered that part, but seeing the short distance in between them, Hoseok can still catch it. “I’ll show.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Lazily, he continues the game, not trying that hard because Hoseok will lose any minutes from now. With one strong punch to the opponent’s stomach, K.O, player 1 win. It’s just a game, but the dramatic reaction from Hoseok, faking his cry trying to be cute, well at least he succeeds in doing so, because Taehyung had agreed to re-match.

But maybe Taehyung had made a wrong move to turn his head back, since what he had seen is not what everyday scene. Jungkook is lying on the bed with a book, reading with full focus. It’s a book, not an adult magazine or even comic. “Hyung, our maknae is really had gone crazy. Look, he is reading now.”

“Ah, let him be Taehyung-ah. I’m sure he will fall to sleep soon.” Then Taehyung continue the game and once again, after 15 minutes, he wins, doing his winning ceremony by dancing, mocking Hoseok who is pouting at that defeated game. Taehyung danced while spinning around, but stopped dead on his spot. Turn to Hoseok back, sits down again before leaning his body to Hoseok a bit.

“Hyung, he’s still reading.” The whispering from Taehyung gets Hoseok to turn at him with a frown before moved his head to peek at jungkook. “Yup, definitely, our Jungkook had gone crazy. Let’s just wait for another 30 minutes and if he still read that book, we should arrange a secret meeting with Yoongi-hyung.” Taehyung nods at that solution. They wait for 30 minutes while playing with their phone, updating the hottest news through social network. “Yah, no doubt. Get Yoongi-hyung but tomorrow because he is sleeping right now and no one can disturb our sleeping beauty in his sleep. We’ve to discuss about this matter.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jungkook, where are you going?”

“Library.”

Why? Ah, Jimin. Even Yoongi can sense something is wrong with Jungkook. It’s not in a bad way, but more to changing to something better. No more late night movie because Jungkook needed to sleep early. This is the first time in one year that he arrived at college on time. And when it’s lunch time, the only place he’ll go is the library.

“I’m sure this is just temporary. Just let him be for now and later when he started to get bored, everything will change to normal.” Taehyung and Hoseok did arrange a secret meeting with Yoongi, discussing about Jungkook odd behavior. One day led to another day and now it’s been one week, Jungkook is still going to library during lunch, studying with Jimin, more like sleeping in the middle but Jungkook is okay with that.

Jimin. Your nose and your lip are so familiar. I think I’ve seen it somewhere but I can’t remember where.

One post it is being stuck to Jimin’s book. Conversing using a post it notes is what Jungkook had been doing with Jimin for the past week. Jungkook did try to learn the sign language but it was so hard that make him to give up. Jimin is more than happy to hear that because he himself doesn’t know how to do sign language because he isn’t born to be mute.

Is that another pick-up line? Not going to fall with that.

Jimin replies back on the same post-it note. Resting his chin on his palm while smiling, waiting for Jungkook to answer. And then Jungkook does the same, staring at Jimin’s face. They look at each other, staring straight into each other eyes.

“No! Seriously!  Hyung, have we met before?” it’s strange. He was sure that he had seen that nose and lip somewhere but can’t think where and when. This is not some pick-up line that Jungkook usually used to flirt with girl or boy. All he has to do to is to put a cap on Jimin then everything will reveal by itself. Jimin just snickers at that before continuing to finish his assignment.

Just your imagination. And it’s hyung. I’m older than you.

“Okay, okay.” Jungkook opens his book again, still on the random page. This time he chooses Economics, a must for an Art majoring student to learn it and excel it without flunk. Art and Economics? Did it go well together? When he first applied for Art studying, Jungkook had expected something like drawing or sketching some figure, but nope, he was wrong. It’s more than just drawing and sketching. He had to learn Economics, Mathematics and also English for some reason that he didn’t bother wanting to know.

Jimin really wanted to laugh, like seriously hard when he saw how hard Jungkook is trying to focus but he failed miserably when his head started to fall down slowly. Jungkook’s nose almost made a contact with the table but thankfully, he had opened his eyes and straightens his back, blinking furiously to stay awake.

You don’t have any class after lunch?

Jimin stick the note to Jungkook’s nose and it doesn’t fall off. He takes it off before reading it. Jungkook looks to his left and right to see that the library is empty by that time since lunch time had long past. Do I have any class today? He thinks and thinks again before realizing that he did have class like 30 minutes ago. Running from the library to his class takes about 5 minutes, then he needs to explain to his Professor as to why he was late. So?

“No, I don’t.” He lied. Jimin just nods at that before calculating something using his calculator. Probably trying to solve a Mathematics solution. Jimin is majoring in Economics, that’s what Jungkook had learnt from asking here and there.

“Hyung, I’m going to sleep. So wake me up when it’s time to go home.” Jimin nods again, eyes not living from his assignment paper.

20 minutes later, Jimin can hear a soft snore coming from Jungkook. The books had been pushed to the side and Jungkook used his hand as a pillow, resting his head on it. Jimin stops for a second to stare at that face, that cute face, everyone said that and he’s not going to deny it because it’s true. Everything is on point, Jungkook has a very big nose but the perfect line of his lip, that looks so kissable make his face to look flawless.

Then Jimin reaches forward, maybe his hand had moved by its own, to brush the hair that had fallen to Jungkook’s forehead. “You’re such a cutie.” And his hand stays still there. “I’ve heard lots of rumors about you. Will you break my heart too if I give it to you?” Then Jimin brings his other hand to caress Jungkook’s cheeks that makes him to stir in his sleep but Jungkook doesn’t wake up by that movement.

“But that’s not going to happen because I’ll break your heart first before you can do that to mine. So, what should I do now, Jungkook-ah? Should I pretend to like you too or keeps on playing push and pull with you? Hmm, which one do you prefer?” he taps Jungkook’s nose lightly while smirking knowing that Jungkook won’t wake up.

Maybe seeing how comfortable Jungkook is when he sleeps makes Jimin to feel sleepy too. His eyes are getting teary and it’s so hard to stay awake when all the words in the book started to get blurry. After 5 minutes of trying to hold his sleep, Jimin decides to take a nap for a while. After like hours, Jungkook wakes up to see Jimin is sleeping too.

“Hyung.” He shakes Jimin’s shoulder lightly that makes him to open his eyes. “It’s 5.30 pm already. I think we should go home.” Jimin is trying to process Jungkook’s words one by one and his eyes turns wide when having realized that he had slept for more than 2 hours. 5.30 pm?

Sh—“ Jimin means to curse at his own mistake for sleeping too long but then he realized that Jungkook is still there, so he stopped before Jungkook can hear his voice. Jimin is already 30 minutes late for his dance class. He writes something on a note in hurry before giving it to Jungkook.

Sorry, I have to go.

Jimin puts his belonging in his bag in a rush before walk-jogging to get out from the building, leaving Jungkook in awe at how fast Jimin had sprinted out from the library.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin started to run, sling his bag to his shoulder when he was at the college front gate. Running at his full speed while trying to put his glasses in the bag. One job done and now he has to find his cap in the bag. Jimin feels like Clark Kent trying to change into Superman while running. The passer-by are looking weirdly at him, but Jimin doesn’t pay much attention at that because he needed to be in the dance studio by now.

“Hyung!” Jimin shouts when he saw a familiar person standing not far from him.  “Jimin, thanks god. You are finally here.” He stops in front of the guy, hands on his knees, trying to gasp for some air. “Hyung, i-I’m sorry. I overslept.” Jimin explains while breathing hard. The guy pats his shoulder, telling him it’s okay before rushing him to go inside.

“Okay, kids. Your teacher is finally here. So, have a nice day, all.”

“Jae-in Hyung, thank you.” Jimin bows to him at the same time his student had bowed to that Hyung. Jimin had worked as part-time dance teacher along with a senior from his high school. At first, Namjoon didn’t allow him to work because he afraid that Jimin will spend all his money on going to clubs.

But after begging and promising to limit his visit to the club, Namjoon allowed him to work. Sometimes, Namjoon did act as a father to Jimin, controlling his activity, but Jimin is okay with it because he knows Namjoon loved him too much. Namjoon is the one who will protect Jimin from danger and the one who will warn whoever had bullied Jimin.

The class went smoothly without any problem. Jimin loves his job too much because first his students are so cute and pretty, but the most important reason is that he loves dancing so much that he wanted people to feel the adrenaline rush just from dance.

“Jimin, is something good happening to you?”

“No, nothing particular. Why?”

“You look happy these days. Not that you’re not happy before, just you smile more these days.”

“Oh. I don’t know. Nothing good had happened.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After ending his dance class, he went home to see Namjoon was trying to cook dinner for them. Silently, Jimin watched him from behind. Namjoon is trying hard to fry an egg without burning it. But obviously he had burnt some of eggs before seeing a plate full of burnt eggs lying beside on the table.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Namjoon jumps in surprise before turning to look at Jimin.

“Yah, you scared me. I almost made this pan to fly away.” Jimin chuckles at Namjoon antics making him to pout before turning back to his fried egg. Jimin walks closer to Namjoon side before taking the metal spatula from his hand. Namjoom scoots to his side, giving some space to Jimin. Carefully, he flips the egg to the other side, while raising his eyebrow to Namjoon.

“See, it’s not that hard.”                                

“Yeah! Yeah! Can you please make a Kimchi fried rice for me. I’m hungry.”

“Okay, but you have to clean the kitchen after this.” Jimin receives a thumb up from Namjoon. Jimin is not that good in cooking too, but one thing for sure, he is better than Namjoon. Usually, they will order dinner from nearby restaurants or just dinner outside. But sometimes when Jimin had a free time, he will make a Kimchi fried rice for them since Namjoon liked it too much.

“Here. One for you and one for me.” Jimin puts one plate in front of Namjoon and the other plate in front of his seat. Namjoon had already eaten when he placed two glasses of water on the table.

“Hey Jimin. Has something good happen to you lately?” Namjoon had finished eating his fried rice, whereas Jimin is still eating his rice, munching his food slowly because he is not that hungry like Namjoon.

“No. Why everyone keeps on asking that. Jae-In-Hyung had asked the same question.” Taking another bite before grabbing his glass of water, suddenly the fried rice tasted a bit spicy that before.

“Just, you smile a lot, humming a happy song all the time and I don’t know, it’s like something is changing in you. Like-…someone in love.” The food gets caught in his throat making Jimin to cough several times and luckily Namjoon had offered him water. Jimin used the back of his hand to wipe his mouth, gulping the lump in his throat.

“Are you okay?” Namjoon is looking worriedly at Jimin since he seems to have a difficulty in breathing but Jimin assured him that he was okay. “Hyung, please don’t talk nonsense like that ever again. It’s ridiculous.”

“I’m sorry.”