Meeting Jin

Love Is Punishment

“Namjoon, you’re bleeding.”

“Huh?” Namjoon inspect his body from left to right, touching his own chest and stomach but then he saw the blood. His hand was bleeding from a big cut. Namjoon must have gotten it in the middle of chasing one of the robbers that he had succeeded in catching them 10 minutes ago.

“You should go to the hospital. It might get an infection if you let it too long. Come, let me send you there.” One of the police officer offers the ride to the hospital. It doesn’t hurt that bad at the beginning when the car is nearing the hospital, his hand started to get numb, had lost too much blood.

“What can I help you, sir?” still in his police uniform, Namjoon walks to the registration counter and meets with a middle-aged nurse. He doesn’t have an exact answer to that, so he just showed his hand that makes the nurse to nod before standing up while motioning him to follow her. He just follows the nurse, walking passes two rooms before stopping in front of a door. Then the nurse told him to wait inside for the doctor on duty to come. “Lie on that bed and a doctor will come to check on your cut.”

5 minutes after waiting, the door is being open from outside making Namjoon to lift his head. But someone he hadn’t seen for years is standing in front him, looking with wide eyes at him. After several seconds of silence, the doctor adjusts his white coat before walked to Namjoon.

“Okay, Namjoon-shi. Please tell me as how you can get this big cut on your hand?” Jin grabs Namjoon’s bleeding hand, eyeing it for minute before writing something on a piece of paper. “Namjoon-shi?” then he takes that hand back, applying some liquid on it, maybe to clean the wound from any dirt or bacteria, Namjoon just guessed it. “Ah-err-rob----I mean I was chasing a robber before. Maybe I’ve scratched myself in the way of that. I’m quite not sure how, actually.”

By the time Namjoon finished explaining, Jin is holding a needle and it’s big. “Okay, this may hurt a bit. So, just deal with it.” Namjoon had experienced one or two times in his life getting an injection. And he is proud to say that it was nothing but the one that he had received just now is one hella hurting a lot. The needle is directly injected to the flesh that makes Namjoon to close his eyes. “you are not that endurance for a police officer. Now time to stitch it, make it close.” Namjoon just brief himself, trying to think positive, but that needle is big. He thought it would hurt a lot considering how big the needle is but Namjoon was wrong, it is ticklish rather than feeling a pain.

“Okay, done. You need to stay for a night because you had lost lots of blood. I’ll tell the nurse to prepare bed for you. So, thank you for your patience.” Namjoon looks at how rush Jin is, tidying his stuff before walking to go out of the room. Just when he was in front of the door, Namjoon calls him. “J-jin-ah, how are you doing?”

His hand is still on the knob, this is the first time in 5 years, they had talked to each other. Jin has to take a deep breath before answering to Namjoon, eyes not going to turn to look at him. “I’m fine. More than fine and my heart don’t hurt anymore.” Then he opens the door, walking away from Namjoon. “I’m sorry, Jin-ah.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“NAMJOON-HYUNG! NAMJOON-HYUNG!”

“Oh, crap.” He was walking a comedy show playing in the television with other patients in the room, an old grandpa and a teenager. Namjoon was laughing hard at the funny joke said by the gagman, when the door to his room had opened and someone had yelled his name.

Jimin opened the door roughly, searching for Namjoon. When he spotted him sitting while crossing his leg, Jimin runs as fast as he can while shouting Namjoon’s name, making everyone to look at him. Namjoon, he just sighs while rubbing his face with his own hand, already had an idea what will going to happen in 1, 2, 3…

“Hyung.” Jimin grabs his face, turning it to the left and the right, checking to see any injury there. “Oh no, no, no.” and he is crying, really bad like a heavy rain. “Are you okay? Where does it hurt most? Has doctor checked on you? Why no one is here to watch you? Hyung, I’ve told you to always be careful and look, now you are here, lying in this bed. How—“ Namjoon takes Jimin’s hand making him to stop talking before wiping the tears in his face.

“I’m okay, just a small scratch here.” Lifting his right hand to show the bandage. Jimin gasps before taking it with his hand, touching it lightly. Namjoon just chuckle because Jimin was frowning cutely while checking his bandage hand. “How do you know about me?”

“I’d called your office because you didn’t go home last night. Usually you will call me if you’ve to stay in office for a night.” Oh, yeah, I forgot. Namjoon was thinking about Jin last night that makes him forget to inform Jimin about his little visit to the hospital. The other patients in the room are sitting in awkward seeing the lovely scene in front of them. Jimin is standing with Namjoon’s hand at his waist, holding it firmly, smiling at Jimin’s cute pouting face.

“Ah! What a loving couple you two are.”

Jin can’t stop his desire to go and watch Namjoon. Even though he had acted cold and distant before to Namjoon, but the truth is he missed him, a lot that he had taken the initiative to tell Namjoon the he can discharge today personally. But once again, his heart breaks into pieces seeing how close Jimin and Namjoon are. So, he covers his broken heart with a tough personality.

“Jj-jin-hyung?” Jimin turns to the door to see Jin, standing there while crossing his arm, smiling at them, not that sweet and kind smile but more like a mocking type of smile. “Hi, Jimin. Haven’t seen you in years. You changed a lot.” When Jimin turned back to Namjoon, he just pointed his lip to his bandage hand.

“Okay, since your caring little boyfriend is already here, just want to tell you that you can go home already. Then, have a nice day with Jimin, Namjoon-shi.”

Jin is already out of the room when someone had grabbed his hand, stopping him from walking. “Hh-hyung—“

“Don’t call me that.” Jin doesn’t turn to look at Jimin, not trusting his own heart because he used to be so weak when he looked at Jimin that he always had ended up with either hugging him or crying too. He knows Jimin is crying but Jin needs to be strong, not after what Jimin had done to him in the past. “Hyung, please—“ and Jimin tries again.

“You don’t have any right to call me that, after you had taken the precious thing in my life. Jimin-ah. I hate you so much that looking at your face now is making me vomit.”

Jin snatches his hand hard, escaping from Jimin fragile touch before walking straight while biting his lip to stop him from giving out and cry, looking so pathetic. No, Jin is a strong man, he will not cry after had buried everything about Namjoon and Jimin long ago. Jin had moved on.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, where should we eat?”

“Hmm, how about at our usual place?”

“Sure.” Jimin is walking with Namjoon, holding hand while swinging their hands to the front and the back again and again. Not paying attention to the people looking at them, judging their childish act. It’s not a shame thing for an adult to act like a child sometimes.

After Jin had left Jimin alone at the hospital, he cried for one hour, in Namjoon arm, of course before calming down to walk home together. They were chatting happily when Jimin had stopped swinging their hand, because he had seen something, someone he known across the street.

“Jimin? Jimin? Are you okay?” Namjoon shakes their linked hands, snapping Jimin back to him. “Uh-yeah. I’m okay. Just nothing. Let’s continue.”

Someone he knew is walking with a girl across the street and they looked happy, talking like they owned the world. A girl is holding Jungkook’s waist, more like hugging his side whereas Jungkook had his hand on her shoulder. Their face is so close, like too close that their lip almost touching. And the worst part is that Jungkook doesn’t realize that Jimin had seen it.

Ah, this is what he meant by busy studying.

“Jimin, when is your last exam day?”

“My last paper is next week. Just three days more.”

“Oh! Good, Maybe we can go for a vacation together.”

“What? Really? I’m so excited.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week, after Jungkook’s date with Jimin, he had gone to party with Hoseok, Taehyung and Yoongi to celebrate his happy day, his winning day since Jimin had asked him out. He had taken too much alcohol that his brain couldn’t control his body anymore. Resulting him to dance with a random stranger, until a girl approached him, grinding her hot body to Jungkook.

The next day, he woke up with a bad headache and a girl sleeping beside him. Like the old day, Jungkook left his phone number before springing out from the hotel, jogging his way to Yoongi’s place. He can’t go back to his home because his brother will nag at him for sleeping outside.

“Arghh, and why my house? Can you please stop bothering me for a day?” Yoongi whines when he opened the door to see a messy Jungkook was standing in front of his house, reeking with alcohol and with after- face.

“Nope, sorry, can’t do that. Not ready to see Hoseok-hyung and Taehyung-hyung together in their house, their bed, .”

Yoongi rolls his eye while clicking his tongue. “Where were you last night? The last time I saw you were dancing with a girl..wait, don’t tell me?”

“Ah-ah, it’s exactly what you had thought.” Yoongi follows behind Jungkook to his own room, still can’t grab the whole situation, just watching with a silent at Jungkook who was looking through his wardrobe for a cloth to change.

He wanted to ask more but Jungkook stopped him, saying that he will answer every question he had after shower. Jungkook closed the door after asking Yoongi to prepare some food for him. Yoongi prepared a simple hangover food for Jungkook. A ginger tea and a toast with honey, good for stomach, helps to raise low blood sugar.

“How about Jimin?” he had asked Jungkook the moment he rested his on the chair. Jungkook takes a sip of the tea, frowning at the bad taste of it.

“You didn’t tell me that I can’t date a girl while I’m dating Jimin.”

That one sentence from Jungkook managed to make Yoongi to face palm his own face. “I don’t know what to say anymore, Jungkook-ah.”

With that said, Jungkook spent his time with Jimin while dating a girl behind him. He hangs out with Jimin during the day and casually walking around the town with the girl from the party. He just enjoyed the moment since they will break up after a week or two, eventually.

Since the exam day had started. Jimin had limited his time with Jungkook since he needed to focus on his study. They did meet twice in the past week, having lunch together and walking at the park to release some stress from studying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Did you see Jungkook just now?” Jimin was walking alone after his final exam paper behind two girls. They had talked about things that had nothing to do Jimin, like fashion and make up but Jungkook’s name had his attention on full. Opening his ears widely, listening to what the girl had talked about Jungkook.

“Yeah, he’s so handsome.” The girl with a ponytail started to fangirling over Jungkook. “He is but Taehyung is handsome too. Ah, wish I could be their girlfriend.” The other girl with a straight brown hair joining the club, fangirling over Jungkook and even Taehyung. But, it’s true. Even Jimin can’t deny it that both of them are handsome and cute at the same time.

“My cousin is so lucky to have Jungkook as her boyfriend. She even showed me their photo together. She met him last two weeks at a club and guess what?”

“What? What? I’m curious.”

“She—“ she turns to look at her surroundings before leaning over to whisper something in her friend’s ear. “She had slept with him.” It’s very low but Jimin can still hear it by how closed he had walked behind them. Not wanting to hear everything until the end, he makes a turn and running away from them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, why do we have to wait for Hoseok-hyung and Yoongi-hyung to finish their exam? It’s two ing hours from now.”

Taehyung had begged Jungkook to wait for Hoseok and Yoongi at the rooftop because he wanted to eat together with them, more like with his now boyfriend, Hoseok without being awkward. So, having Jungkook and Yoongi will make it less tension. They were bickering about random things when the door opened with a force.

“Jimin-hyung, what are you doing here?”

Jungkook greets him while smiling but Jimin just walks to him, surpassing his anger to the max. He stops in front of Jungkook, staring at him without blinking for a second. Taehyung backed two steps away from them, sensing the heavy tension in the air.

“Hyu—“

“You!” then Jimin points his index finger right to Jungkook’s big nose. Both Jungkook and Taehyung open their eyes big in surprise hearing the word come out from Jimin.

“H-hyung, y-you can talk?”

“Yes, I can talk.”

“B-but why?” Jimin is breathing hard, moving his chest up and down, and having no time to calm his anger down. He needs to let everything out. And finally he did.

“Because I know everything about your stupid bet. And yeah, I just get along with your plan. Dating me for a month and then what? Will you dump me too like those girls? That’s why I’d rejected you but I thought you’d changed, after everything that you’d done to me. I-I accepted your feeling, just to know that you’ve dated a girl behind my back. Why did you do this to me, huh Jungkook, after I’d fallen in love with you. After I’ve ready to give my heart to you?”

Jungkook is frozen, losing every word he had known in his 20 years of living. Jimin had confessed his feeling to him, voicing out the words clearly and he is crying now. Taehyung stands in shocked because first, he had listened to Jimin’s voice for the first time, second, Jimin knows about the bet, how? And lastly, Jimin had fallen in love to Jungkook, that makes Jungkook’s plan to win Jimin’s heart is working.

“H-hyung—“ Jungkook brings his hand to touch Jimin but he shrugged it off before moving backward, adding the distance between them.

“Don’t ever touch me. I hope we never see each other again.” With that, Jimin runs to get out from there, leaving Jungkook to clutch his own chest since it’s hurting so much, his heart is in pain that he had realized that he had fallen in love with Jimin too.