One Name, Two People

Love Is Punishment

“Hi, I’m Jungkook. I’m a big fan of yours.” He stretches his hand while smiling, too happy to see his idol.

“Hi. Jimin.” Jimin had adjusted his voice before answering; lowering his tone so that he can hide his usual voice. He takes Jungkook’s hand; give a small smile to him. Jungkook seems to freeze hearing that name. Everything single thing about this Jimin is familiar to him. His hand, his voice, even though it does slightly differ from Jimin but the way he pronounced Jimin is similar and not to forget, his small body that is being engulfed by the big hoodie.

Jungkook, don’t be ridiculous, your Jimin is friendly, but this one is cold.

Jimin tries to pull his hand back only to make Jungkook to hold it tighter. They are looking at each other but Jungkook can’t see his eyes, it was hidden by his hair and the cap is covering almost half of Jimin’s face.

“Jungkook, what are you doing? Hey, let his hand go.” Yoongi snatches his hand away making him to jolt backward before scratching his neck, awkwardly.

“Boy, better keep your hand away from my boyfriend if you want to be back here safe and sound.” Namjoon comes beside Jimin to hold his waist, pulling him closer. Jungkook feels a pang of jealousy looking at how comfortable Jimin is in Namjoon hand that makes him to ball his own hand into a fist but Yoongi is fast to untangle it back while whispering something to him. “Please control yourself. This is not Jimin. Apologize to him”

“I’m sorry about that. I just….nevermind.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin and Namjoon are sitting in front of Yoongi and Jungkook seats during their flight to Jeju-Island. Yoongi is already fast asleep beside Jungkook, 10 minutes after they board the plane. It takes about one hour to reach Jeju from Seoul, so there is nothing much that they can do during that short time except for sleeping or enjoying the morning scenery above the sky.

Jungkook knows it was wrong for him to pin over someone else boyfriend but he just can’t let his eyes fall from looking at Jimin. The narrow space in front of him was enough for Jungkook to admire this Jimin. This Jimin has the same chubby cheeks as Jimin, it looks so soft that Jungkook had reached for it only to stop half way when Yoongi’s hand grabbed it before something bad can happen.

“Seriously, Jungkook. Please control yourself.” Jungkook turns to look at Yoongi, who looks furious and mad.  But the look turns to soft when Yoongi saw the confused and hurt look in Jungkook’s eyes. Maybe bringing Jungkook along was a bad decision after all.

“I know you missed Jimin but please, this isn’t Jimin. Okay, I admitted it that they look alike at some point but I’ve known this Jimin for years, so I must’ve recognized if that Jimin is this Jimin, right?”

Fate or coincidence? That was the two options lied for Yoongi to choose before starting this game play, months ago. If that Jimin, Namjoon’s boyfriend is fated to be that same Jimin, the nerd boy from his college, he will personally stop everything before it could start. But Yoongi had chosen coincidence, that they are just two different people with a same name.

“But hyung, what if—“

“He’s been with Namjoon for 5 years and what’s the point of falling in love with you if he already has boyfriend?”

“People can cheat behind their partner back.”

“Yeah, like what you’d done, right? But no, Jimin is not like that. He obviously can get anyone else better than Namjoon with that y look on him but as far as I know, Jimin never left Namjoon and so does Namjoon. So, please don’t try to get close or even flirting with this Jimin, understand?”

“Yes, I understand.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four of them are standing in front of the information counter, reading through the guide brochure there, to find a good hotel for them to stay. Even though the short vacation was being suggested by Namjoon, the true is the only thing he had prepared was the flight ticket to Jeju.

“Survival backpackers.” Was what Namjoon had told Jimin when he got a nonstop nagging from Jimin about making an itinerary beforehand, to avoid being lost or out of budget.

“It’s so expensive. It’s wasting our money.” And yeah, Jimin and Namjoon are bickering again, at which hotel they wanted to stay for two nights. Namjoon chooses an expensive hotel that has a swimming pool in it while Jimin wants to stay in a more affordable hotel that offered accommodation like free Wi-fi and breakfast.

But Namjoon wins with 3 votes over I, in which Yoongi and Jungkook had raised their hand when Namjoon offered to pay for their hotel room.

The 15 minutes riding in the car with Yoongi as the driver and Jungkook beside him were torturing them since Namjoon and Jimin are acting lovey-dovey like they were in some honeymoon travel. First they are talking about the beautiful place that they will visit later and then Namjoon started to act cute in front of Jimin making him to laugh.

“Can you guys please stop flirting? I’m going to throw up soon.” Only then, Jimin stops laughing to smile shyly at Yoongi and Namjoon fixes his position, turning away from leaning over Jimin. Jungkook is thanking Yoongi silently because every time he heard Jimin laugh at whatever Namjoon had said; a wave of jealousy came crashing to him. “I’m sorry. We just happy and didn’t realize that it had made you all uncomfortable.”

“It’s okay Namjoon-ah. I know you two are boyfriends but please do control your behavior in public.”

“Okay.”

Shortly after that, they arrived at the hotel. Luckily it’s not holiday season yet, so there is plenty of empty room for them to stay. Namjoon and Jimin stay in one room whereas Yoongi stays with Jungkook. They separated to their room after getting the key and promised to meet again at the hotel restaurant during lunch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, we’re sorry. Jimin is being careless again, not remembering where he had put his phone again.” Namjoon comes to the restaurant alone during lunch since Jimin had taken longer time to prepare himself because he was busy finding his phone before that.

“It’s okay. Beside we didn’t wait for you two to eat. So, get your food and join us, hurry up.”

“Okay! Okay!”

After 5 minutes, Namjoon returns with two plates full of food before disappearing again. Then he takes the seat after putting two bowls of chicken soup carefully on the table. Not wasting any time, Namjoon begins to eat his food because he was so hungry. Jimin comes shortly after that, still wearing his cap.

“Jimin, I already get the food for you. So, be thankful.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever Hyung.”

“Have you found your phone?” Yoongi asks Jimin, when he had finished eating his lunch. Yoongi is not a big eater like Jungkook, so he only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to eat lunch. So the rest of the time, he either watches his friends eating or taking a nap. “Yes, it’s in my bag. I forgot that I’ve silenced it.”

“See, you’re stupid.” Jimin punches Namjoon arm lightly, making him to fake his cry, telling it hurt so much. Jimin who had taken aback by that, starts to check his arm, slightly panicking but stops when Namjoon laughs at him. “Ah. Hyung, it’s not funny.” He whines while pouting at Namjoon.

Yoongi, who had seen something like that so many times before doesn’t care much attention to them. It’s bound to happen for a couple, to tease each other, so Yoongi understands it despite of the warning he had told them before in the car. He just closes his eyes at that but not to Jungkook.

Everything is burning inside Jungkook whenever he sees how close Namjoon to Jimin is or how tender Namjoon had touched Jimin. His body is shaking from how hard he had controlled his own hand from snatching Jimin away from Namjoon.

Why did I feel so jealous of that? Why did he remind me of Jimin? Is he Jimin?

The sound of screeching is so loud, like a chair is having friction with the floor harshly making everyone to look up, searching for the source of it. They meet with an angry looking Jungkook, standing up before walking away from their table with a short bathroom from him.

“Sorry about that. Just excuse us for a second.”

Yoongi follows Jungkook to the bathroom, leaving Jimin and Namjoon alone. “I think we’ve hurt his feeling. He just had a bad break up.” Namjoon is feeling bad, realizing that maybe they had hurt Jungkook’s feeling by acting sweetly in front of him. “I guess we did.” The reply from Jimin sounds so sad that had Namjoon to frown at him.

The whole touching and teasing between Jimin and Namjoon from the start is not intending to make Jungkook jealous. It is the usual thing that happens in Jimin and Namjoon live after they had lived together for 5 years. Jimin is used with Namjoon teasing him and so did Namjoon.

“Hyung—“

“Don’t. I know what you’re going to say.”

“But Hyung,,,..thing wouldn’t up if I didn’t kiss you that night. Jin-hyung wouldn’t misunderstand it and you can still be with him until now. And-and we didn’t have to pretend to be boyfriends.”

“Jimin, you do know that‘s not the only reason why I break up with him.”

“Just explain to him the whole story, that there is nothing going on between us and that his---“

“STOP!” Jimin winces when Namjoon raised his voice in sudden, interrupting his words. “I’m sick of hearing that from you. Why can’t you stop blaming yourself for that? It’s me who brought you into this mess; the blame should be on me, not you.”

“I’m sorry.” Jimin’s eyes are already well with tear, so he just hangs his head low, trying not to cry in front of Namjoon. The sniff sound from Jimin had calmed Namjoon’s anger down. He cups Jimin’s face while wiping the tear away, giving a small smile to him.

“Let’s not talk about that for now, shall we?” Jimin nods at him making Namjoon to smile, showing his dimple along with it.

Yoongi comes after that telling that Jungkook will not join them for the rest of the day, He will rest in the hotel room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second day when by so fast with a very packed schedule. Yoongi and Namjoon had discussed about their activities for the second day last night, before going to sleep.

First, in the morning, they are supposed to go hiking at Seongsang ilchulbong, a tuff cone formed by hydrovolcanic eruptions upon a shallow seabed about 5 thousand years ago. The sunrise from the crater is breath-taking and beautiful, so Namjoon and Yoongi had planned to start their journey early in the morning, before the sunrise.

“, we’re late.” Yoongi had set his alarm before he went to sleep but maybe he didn’t hear it or he had turned it off unconsciously. Namjoon and Jimin are having the same problem. They were too caught up with playing video game last night, only to sleep at 2 in the morning. So, they arrived there after the sun already rises shiningly.

Then, on the way back, they visited Seongeup Folk Village, a small town that holds a huge amount of culture. The Seongeup Folk village shows the unique culture of Jeju Island that make them proud to be in country that full of historical value.

The rest of the day was spent by visiting a lot more of Jeju’s interesting place to visit. Jimin and Namjoon had controlled down their skinship and interaction for the whole day. But Jungkook will always find a way to be near Jimin, like offering him water to drink or just hovering around him without any purpose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung, I’m going out for a while, okay?”

“Be careful.”

At night, after having dinner, each of them is back to their shared room since they don’t have any activity for the night. They need to sleep earlier to catch the flight tomorrow afternoon. Jimin, is feeling bored, doing nothing in his room, decided to go out for some air. He just walks with no direction until he stops in front of hotel’s swimming pool.

Jimin sits at the edge of the pool, with his feet swinging above the water. Looking at his own reflection on the water that Jimin can’t see it clearly since the light there is dim. He is too immersed with his own reflection that Jimin doesn’t hear a footstep coming towards him from behind.

“Can I sit here?” a sudden interruption from someone had his heart to fall to his stomach.

“I’m sorry. Did I scare you?”

“Yeah, a bit. But it’s okay. Have a seat.”

Jungkook sits next to Jimin, placing his hand near Jimin’s hand. A safe distance that hold them from crossing the line. They stay silent after that, breathing softly but still can be heard. Jimin turns to look at Jungkook, who was looking at the star in the dark sky.

His hair is messy and his nose is big, even from the side.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Jungkook doesn’t turn to look at Jimin but he knows Jimin was watching him. He wanted to turn but then he halted himself from doing it, not trusting his own heart. The urge to hold and hug Jimin right there is burdening him so much that he had to close his eyes, looking away from Jimin.

“I-I don’t.”

“My friends like you so much. He even has your practice video in his phone.” Jungkook tried by talking about his friends to break the awkward air in between them. Hoseok had always dreamed to be a dancer but his mom disapproved it. So, looking at how cool Little Monster is when dancing, somehow had given Hoseok a new hope that maybe he can be like him one day.

“And I like you too, not that like like, but I mean-err—“

“No worry. I get your word.”

“Hey, can we take picture together? I want to show him later.”

“Sure.”

Then Jimin scoots closer to Jungkook, leaning to him a bit before making a peace sign with his hand. Jungkook follows him too, smiling at the camera before clicking the capture button. He then lowered his phone to his lap to check the picture again. No one had realized that they are sitting very close to each other. Jimin’s shoulder is brushing with Jungkook’s.

Jungkook turns to say something to Jimin at the same time Jimin had turned his head to his side. They stare at each other, before moving their own head to close whatever distance they have. It just one breath away but it feels so far. The only thing that halts their lips from touching is Jimin’s cap. So, Jungkook lifts his hand to take Jimin’s cap away but a ringing sound from his phone snaps Jimin back to reality making him to stand up quickly before running away from Jungkook.

Jimin runs until he found his room, opening it in rush before making his way to the bed. His heart is beating crazily making his whole body to shake, like shivering from cold. Jimin pulls the blanket over his body while trying to steady his fast breathing.

“Jimin, are you okay? Did something happen out there?”

“Nn-nothing.”