A Nerd boy

Love Is Punishment

“Wow, what a bruise. Did she punch you?”

“She didn’t. Just that had slapped me while wearing a ing ring. A thick and spiky one indeed. Urghh. It blew me hard. “ Jungkook says while brushing his lightly finger to the darken spot on his cheek, merely touching it because it’s still hurting.

“Ouch, that’s hurt. But man, you messed up pretty bad this time.”

It is lunch time when Jungkook met his friends at their usual meeting spot, on the rooftop. The first thing he hears is about his bruise. Taehyung and Hoseok are there first, eating their luxury lunch, a luxurious sandwich, a combination of beef slice and cheddar with some salad come together with a tin of coke.

“Well, we’re not that the almighty Jungkook who has brother to prepare a complete meal for him.” Taehyung replied with that when Jungkook make fun of his and Hoseok lunch. It’s true that Jungkook’s brother had prepared his lunch because that was what he had eaten for two year already. His brother is a doctor, so a good balance nutrient is his life is a must, fast food and junk food are bad for Jungkook’s health.

“But you still out partying and get drunk.” Well, that is one habit in Jungkook’s life that he really has a hard time to throw it away. Even his brother had advised him to stop living in a very unhealthy lifestyle many times, but he just shrugs it off.

“It’s fun and….exciting, I guess.”

“Yeah, partying is fun. Can’t agree more with that.” Both Taehyung and Hoseok nod, agreeing with that fact because parting is definitely a must in their life. For student like them, getting drunk is one of the best solutions to get rid whatever stress in them. Stressing from too much assignments, relationship problem or money problem, alcohol is the best way for them to stop thinking about that kind of things for a while.

“But the hangover after that killed me.”

“Hi, Hyung. Why so late?” they are too immersed in talking that they hadn’t heard the sound of door being open from outside. Only to realize it when Yoongi joined in their conversation before making his way to sit at an empty seat behind Jungkook.

“What happened?” Jungkook frowns at that question because what is happening? But then Yoongi pointed his finger to his own cheek, that’s when he knew what Yoongi was implying by that question.

“Jungkook’s y model noona did that.” Taehyung answers for him instead, with mouth full with food.

“So what is your excuse this time?”

“Ermm—“ Yoongi eyed him with a curious look, waiting patiently because he always finds that whatever reason he got from Jungkook is either too funny or  very illogical. “---that God had called me to be a priest.” With that just one sentence from Jungkook had managed to make Taehyung to choke on his food while Hoseok and Yoongi are laughing very hard until their stomach hurt and eyes getting teary.

“That-that is the best excuse I’ve ever heard. For someone who doesn’t really believe in God said that just to break up with his girlfriend that he had been dating for one week, I-I respect you, man.” Hoseok says while patting Jungkook’s shoulder making him to sit in proud, smirking at their friends. Yoongi is still can’t stop laughing.

Jungkook is a playboy and nobody hasn’t missed that fact. He dated girls a lot and broke up with them after one or two weeks. Every girl gets that fact but that doesn’t stop them from flirting with Jungkook and seducing him to be their man. It’s an honor when Jungkook agreed to have with them because it’s Jungkook, they’re talking about. A first year student with a very handsome face, package with a very hot body, even man was drooling on him. And the most important thing is Jungkook is one of the the top students in his class even though he skipped class a lot.

“She’s too demanding. Last two days, she forced me to buy this one handbag. And it cost about half of my monthly allowance. That’s so ing expensive.”

“She’s a model after all, Jungkook’ah. Need a very expensive branding to show off.”

“But not with my money, Hoseok-hyung.”

And then they continue to eat in silence. It’s not a big thing for Jungkook to break up with his girlfriend because he can start a new one whenever he wants. He can just point his finger to a random girl in the college and she willingly agrees to become his girlfriend. Smiling a little, looking with a bunny look, them all the girls will melt in his hand.

But thing is different with Yoongi and Hoseok. They don’t date with a random people because they believe in what one called as true love. Yoongi and Hoseok just do one night stand and separate in the morning, saying farewell with a smile and things stopped there. They are waiting for someone who they can sacrifice their own life for them. Someone that can make both of them to be in heaven and in love.

Taehyung? Well, he doesn’t do relationship or one night stand after his heart broke into pieces one and half years ago. He had learnt his lesson to not trust people easily because he did it once and in the end he was the one who had suffered so badly. Taehyung really believed that this one girl who he had met during his first year in college was meant for him. She didn’t go to party like other girls, she is innocent and pure. But one day, Taehyung caught her cheating with other guy. Thank you for showing what love is what was his last word to that girl before leaving with heart broken.

“Hey, how about changing your game?” suddenly, Yoongi breaks the silence, staring right to Jungkook. Taehyung and Hoseok stop eating to look at Yoongi because he was talking with a very serious tone.

“What do you mean hyung?”

“How about dating a boy this time?”

“Hyung, have you forgotten Jungkook’s motto?” Taehyung asks him, looking so confused at Yoongi but he just rolls his eyes at that innocent confused looking Taehyung.

“I know. Girl, date, bang and break up. Boy, bang and leave. Jungkook, I know you only date a girl and boy is just for one night business thing. But hey, think about it for a second. Date a boy and see what it leads to.”

 Yoongi makes his suggestion. He himself doesn’t know where that idea coming from but what had been said cannot be reversed back. The three of them know Jungkook can do both, girl and boy but never once Jungkook had dated a boy because for him, boy is just something for him to pleasure himself. Usually it happened in a club, dancing recklessly, too much alcohol in his body, grinding to whomever near him. With some touching over here and there, they ended up in a hotel room. The next morning, he left his phone number if it was a girl. And just left without looking back if it was a boy. It feels good when he s a boy but he never once has a thought of wanting to date them.

“So, what do you think?”

“I think it’s a good idea too.” Yoongi has one person to join him. Hoseok seems to agree with his plan.

“Okay, I’m in too if Hoseok-hyung says so.” Then Taehyung says his words. So, they look at Jungkook, wanting for him to answer because Jungkook is not someone who back away from a challenge. They need a new scene in their life, that’s why Yoongi suggest it in the first place. Sick of listening to the same story of Jungkook breaking up with another girl.

“Call. I’m in. So, what do I have to do?” that answer from Jungkook makes Taehyung and Hoseok to high five with each other and Yoongi is smiling widely before smirking because he got a new idea.

“Date a boy for one month. And I don’t care what will happen after that one month. It’s up to you whether you want to continue dating him or breaking up with him.” Jungkook thinks for a second before nodding his head. He can do it and proofs to Yoongi that he can date a boy too. One month is just a short time but the problem now is where can he find that one boy.

“But who? Need to wait for 5 days before weekend come and then---“

“No, no.” Yoongi cuts him off. “Someone not from the club. It has to be a boy from our college. I’ll help you to find one. So, just wait. And if you succeed in dating for one month, I’ll bring you to meet with the club legend.”

“WHAT? YOU MEAN THAT LITTLE-MONSTER, THE-THE DANCE KING. THIS IS SO AWESOME”

the scream they heard from Taehyung is too loud that they had to cover their ears with hand. Legend of the club, someone who they adore and respect so much. it’s happened one year ago, Jungkook was turning adult that day, so they bring him to the famous club in town. They danced and having so much but suddenly the club went wild when a guy popped out from nowhere dancing like a king. Everyone looked in awe before clapping hard after he ended his performance.

“Yup, you heard me. And I’ll bring you two too when that time comes.”

“Wow, Jungkook. Please do it. I really, seriously want to see that guy. I want to see his face. He always dancing while wearing a cap and we barely get to see his face.”

“How can you know him? You’re not lying, did you?”

Then Yoongi searches for his phone in his pocket before unlocking it to find something, After ten seconds he shows a picture of him with a boy wearing a cap kissing his cheek. The cap is what the guy always wears during his performance. Jungkook is still having a doubt issue because everyone can have that cap but then Yoongi shows another picture of him again with the guy, revealing his face from the nose to the lip still wearing a cap.

“He is my high school friend’s boyfriend. I met him accidently one day, and yeah we became friends. So, what you say?”

Taehyung and Hoseok are begging him to accept that offer using their eyes. They move closer to Jungkook before clinging to his arm, giving him their best puppy eyes.

“Okay, okay. Deal.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyung!”

Jungkook yells a bit louder when he spotted Yoongi walking alone in front of the café. He probably had finished buying his lunch looking at the bread and milk in his hands. Jungkook walks while jogging to catch with Yoongi slow pace. Like usual, they will go to the rooftop to have their lunch. It’s preferable and more comfortable to eat lunch there because they hate to see girls swoon over them just because they found them cute while eating. That is the consequence of being a group of popular people in college that literally any one dreamed to be near them.

Jungkook is a second year student and had joined Yoongi’s group of friends because his brother is Yoongi’s high school friend. His brother had trusted Yoongi to take care of him in college. Taehyung is the third year student whereas Hoseok is the final year student. Taehyung, the handsome guy in college, get to kill everyone with his genuine smile and his appealing charm is his 4D personality. Hoseok is the best dancer is the college, girls and boys envied of his smooth and flexible body when he dances. It’s like a piece of art that everyone wants to have.

Younger was expected to graduate last year, but because of one mistake he got to further his study for one more year. Last year, he overslept during his last exam paper and only to wake up from his sleep one hour after the exam. He got like hundreds of calls from his friends and lecturer that day, but at the end, he failed the exam and had to repeat it again this year.

“Hyung, I get to graduate with you. So, be happy.” That what hoseok had commented after hearing the news.

“Hoseok-hyung is right; you have one more year with us.” Taehyung assured him.

It was Hoseok and Taehyung fault actually for suggesting them to drink soju one night before his exam, just to relieve some stress. Just one bottle of soju and then they will continue studying. But it never stopped after one.

“Have you found someone for me?” Jungkook asks him when he finally gets to walk beside Yoongi.

“No. I’m kind of busy. Don’t have time.”

“Busy with what? Sleeping?”

“Yeah, kind of. But don---“ then Yoongi stops in his track making Jungkook to stop too before looking at him while frowning. He was about to open his mouth to ask when Yoongi stopped him. “—hey I think I’ve found the boy suitable for you.”

“Who?” Yoongi lifts his right hand and points to his straight. His finger lands to one boy, who is walking 3 meters away from them. Just a random boy who had happened to walk in front of them. Ah, poor boy, Yoongi pities him because maybe his heart will be broken by Jungkook in a month. Is he interesting in man because Jungkook will face a hard time if that boy is as straight as ruler and not a gay bi person as them.

“A nerd?”

Yes, a nerd. A boy that known as a nerd in their college. Jungkook doesn’t know his name but for sure he knows this boy is out of his league. Someone who is always studying in the library, wearing a big sunglass and never wear jean to class.

“Books are only his friend. How do you expect me to date him? And he will for sure not going to say yes. And I’m sure he is not into a man.”

“That’s up to you. Do your best to make him say yes.” And then Yoongi takes a picture of that boy from a far before making their way to the rooftop. Hoseok and Taehyung are already there with sandwiches in their hands, eating in silence. That’s their routine while waiting for Jungkook and Yoongi to arrive.

“You two should date each other.” That one honest point from Yoongi manages to make them to blush hardly before looking away from each other.

“Don-don’t talk nonsense.” Taehyung says to ease his heart from beating wildly.

“Hyung, something good must happen. You’re smiling.” This time, it’s Hoseok ,the one who speak trying to swap Yoongi attention to anything else.

“Oh yeah, I just found a boy for Jungkook.”

“Who?” then Yoongi shows the photo that he had captured to Hoseok but the look Hoseok gave to him makes him to giggle because it is a nerd boy. Looking at how shocked Hoseok is, Taehyung grabs the phone Yoongi’s hand and yes, he did look the same as Hoseok.

“Oh my God. I know him.” It’s Yoongi turned to look a little bit shock at the statement made by Taehyung.

“How?” Hoseok and jungkook ask him at the same time but they don’t have time to laugh at that because the answer from Taehyung is what they want to hear.

“His name is Jimin. He is my classmate.” But Taehyung shakes his head while making a predictable look on his face. Jungkook is so not going to like it when Taehyung does that because it’s only meant one thing, a disaster. “Jungkook, you’ll have a big problem because Jimin is mute. He never talks to anyone, that’s what everyone had told me. I’ve been in same two classes with him for year but never once I heard his voice.”

“Hyung, how can I---“ Jungkook looks at Yoongi, pleading him to find another boy but a firm shake he got from Yoongi upset him a bit.

“No, can’t do.”