Chapter 2

Destiny's Way

Chapter 2

School

There was a big bang, followed by some voices. Aaron and Gui woke up in a flash. It took them half a second to realise that their heads were against each other’s.

“ARGHHHHH,” they both screamed together. Aaron ran to the opposite side of the lift while Gui remained seated as she was all numb and couldn’t really move. They didn’t dare look at each other or talk to each other, but just waited for the rescuer’s directions.

“Ok guys, are you fine. I need you to listen to me. You, boy, help that girl get up,” said the rescuer, quickly.

“What,” said Aaron in shock.

“You heard the man, now help her get up,” said Aaron’s mum.

Aaron looked at her innocently.

“NOW!” she shouted.

Without a choice, Aaron went and helped Gui up. Then he carried her over and pushed her up through the quite small gap. Gui was touched, again and secretly felt happy. Aaron followed Gui up.

“Thanks,” said Gui to the rescuer and Aaron. She looked at Aaron gratefully but he had already started walking back to up to his apartment.

“No goodbyes, fine then,” thought Gui in her head. But she then came to her senses and realised that he was probably embarrassed. Gui walked with her family back up to her apartment. After having a nice warm shower and filling her stomach up with food, Gui went to bed. She was very tired and couldn’t be bothered to do anything. Instead, she started dreaming, and slowly fell asleep.

*************************************************************************************

The next day, Aaron was back at school. Gui was walking and saw him. She blushed and strolled up to him.

“Hi,” she said, but Aaron just ignored her. Gui continued walking. She saw her best friends and went up to them.

“Hey guys, what’s up?” asked Gui in a very happy manner.

“What’s with you lady, you seem so cheerful today,” said Ella.

“Oh, I know. It’s got to do with a boy, I mean, I’ve seen like heaps of dramas and in each one when they are in love, they always make that kind of face. So what happened?” asked Selina

Gui didn’t answer. She was too busy giggling to herself, and daydreaming.

‘Yes, I think she is in love,” said Ella looking at Selina. They started cracking up. Gui snapped out of her dream.

“Huh, what’s going on, why are you guys all laughing?” she asked. Gui was confused.

“We’re laughing, because, you’re in love,’ said Ella, emphasising what she had said with pauses in between each word.

“What, how did you guys know,” asked Gui, then realised she just admitted it, but it was too late already.
Ella and Selina started laughing again.

“Who’s the unlucky guy?” asked Selina jokingly.
Gui whacked her on the arm.

“You know who,” answered Gui, shyly.

“OMG, you can’t be serious. It’s not him is it? What happened? I thought you didn’t like him anymore, or I thought you had already moved on,” said Ella.

“And look, your blushing,” laughed Selina.

Gui sighed. She knew this would happen, but she just kept answering their questions since they were her best friends after all. She explained what had happened the previous afternoon.

Out of no-where Hebe came walking along, humming. Hebe Tian was the prettiest girl in the grade and she was also their best friends. She saw the girls laughing.

“What you guys laughing about?” she asked curiously.
Before Gui could tell them not to say anything, they blurted it all out.

“Well, Gui’s in love with Aaron Yan because he was talking to her yesterday because they got stuck in an elevator together and he caught her when she fell, and, they now live in the same building,” said Selina quickly.

Hebe looked shocked, but was about to crack up laughing as well.

“OMG, are you serious. That is so funny. What was it like,” asked Hebe.

“Well, judging from her face, it must’ve been heaven for her,” said Ella.

Gui blushed again.

All of them were laughing now while Gui just secretly stared at Aaron playing basketball in the courts. She ignored her friends and became all dreamy.

“Oh, and you guys better not tell anyone, or I will personally assassinate you guys,’ said Gui, trying to scare them, but with her innocent face, it was sort of hard.
The bell rang and Gui went to her classes, where Aaron was. All throughout the lesson, she stared dreamingly at him. Ella, Selina and Hebe just stared at Gui occasionally and giggled.

“Gui Gui Wu, please answer this question,” said the teacher, in a strict voice. Gui looked at the board but didn’t even know what was going on.

“Um…,” mumbled Gui, looking at her friends. Selina mouthed an answer to her. Gui sort of got what she was lipping but didn’t really know.

“Um…3?” said Gui, in a questioning voice. Ella slapped her head and sighed. The teacher looked at Gui in a weird manner and Selina and Hebe were half laughing.

“So, the answer to 30 times 5 over 3 is 3. Would anyone like to help Gui out,” asked the teacher, staring at Gui. Gui was embarrassed and her cheeks went red.

“Wait I mean 50. I didn’t hear properly,” said Gui quickly, trying to recover her mistake. From the corner of her eye, she could see Aaron grinning.

Gui was humiliated and hid her face in her elbows. After lessons, Gui kept sighing.

“You have got to stop sighing already. It was only one mistake,” said Hebe calmly.
“Yes, and with this one mistake, Aaron is going to think I’m stupid,” said Gui sadly, and sighed again.

After school Gui was walking home slowly.

“Hey Gui, wait up,” said a voice from behind. Gui realised it was Aaron. Her heart started pumping little faster and her hands started sweating. Gui told herself to calm down.

“Hey, what’s up,” said Gui, after a few seconds of calming her nerves.

Aaron caught up to Gui.

“Hi,” he said nicely.

There was an awkward silence until Aaron finally started a topic.

“Nice answer in class today,” he said jokingly.

“Yes. I was day dreaming,” said Gui, blushing for the millionth time that day.

“I kind of realised,” said Aaron.

“so, what are you daydreaming about?’ asked Aaron.

Gui didn’t want to tell him so she made up a story of how Big Bang was coming to Taiwan and that she was dreaming about going to their concert.

Aaron and Gui continued talking and strolled home together.
Gui was over the moon that Aaron had talked to her.