Chapter 1

Destiny's Way

 

Stuck Together

[6 Years Ago]

After a long tiring first day of term, Gui Gui was finally able to get home, back to her cosy apartment. She was an optimistic and bubbly person, but she really wasn’t a fan of neither school nor studying. Gui skipped happily along the street, huming a tune by a K-pop artist. She stopped at the convience store, outside her apartment and bought a packet of onion rings which were on discount. Linda headed towards the lift and pressed the ‘up’ button. She went in and a boy followed, who just made it, when the elevator door was about to close. He was tall, but young, wearing a leather jacket, a cap and a fringe that covered his eye.

“What level?” asked Gui in a friendly tone.

He didn’t reply, instead he pushed in front of her and pressed 15. Gui lived on level 14.

“Hey, you’re Aaron! You’re in my music class!” exclaimed Gui, when she realised the familiar shape of his nose.

Aaron was a guy in the eighth grade, same as Gui. He was decent looking, smart and sporty. Sometimes his locker would be filled with confession letters from girls. Gui, who had at least had a ‘crush’ on 20 different guys per year; her new interest was Aaron Yan. She thought he was pretty cute. He didn’t reply.

“Yah, its rude to ignore people like that!” said Gui.

He just shrugged.

“Fine, be that way!” replied Gui. Aaron had his earphones on.

It was all silence. Without a warning the lift came to a sudden halt.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”screamed Gui, in fright. In the next second, she had totally lost her balance and she fell. Aaron, without thinking helped her up and pulled her towards the back of the lift and she sat down leaning against the lift wall.

“Are you okay? Did you get injured?” asked Aaron, sounding worried, as he pulled onto her arm.

Linda suddenly felt her heart beating, a tiny bit faster than usual, even faster when she saw the uber hot poster of Taeyang at the shopping centre. She felt like she was going to be all safe stuck in this lift, even though the only person accompanying her was a guy the same age as her. Linda felt touched that he was worrying and caring. She came back to her senses.

“Oh no, its fine. I fall down every day! No worries,” replied Gui, suddenly cheerful again.

“Alright,” replied Aaron, back to his cold tone.

Several minutes passed, the elevator was still stuck. Aaron started to get pissed.

“When the hell is this stupid thing gonna move?!” shouted Aaron angrily, kicking the elevator door.

“Chill, the elevator’s like 30 years old, so it’s like this, we’ll be rescued out very soon!” said Gui, “And did you just move here?”

“Yeah, just moved here yesterday,” he replied, sitting down next to her. He started listening to his iPod and reading a book.

“Books are boring,” commented Gui.

He didn’t even look up.

“What else do you like to do?” asked Gui.

She tried to communicate with him and get socialising but he wouldn’t reply as he either thought she was annoying or he was too engrossed in the book. Gui gave up and got out her iPod as well. After a while, she heard a loud rumble which sounded like it had come from the stomach. She realised it was Aaron.

“Hey you hungry? I have onion rings,” said Gui, while pulling the onion rings out.

“Er kinda,” replied Aaron, hopefully staring at the packet of onion rings in her hands.

“Here, have some!” offered Gui.

“Thanks!” replied Aaron, grinning as he shoved five onion rings at once in his mouth. Gui laughed.

“Hey! I want some as well! It’s my money!” shouted Gui, as she tried to snatch the packet from Aaron.

“Nope! It’s all mine now!” yelled Aaron, as he shoved more in his mouth.

They had a violent game of snatch the onion rings, they were chasing each other around the lift, when Gui, being the clumsy her tripped on her shoelace and was about to fall, when a pair of muscular arms caught in her just in time. Gui felt like she was in heaven...floating on a cloud as she was in Aaron’s arms. She wanted to be in that position for a long, long time. WHAT THE HELL?! She thought to herself...why am I thinking weirdly? Previously, during her 14 years of being a human, it was the first time, when she had fallen over, and someone had caught her...the very first time. The feeling was unexplainable.

“You! Be careful, this is the second time you’ve fallen over in only one hour!” said Aaron.

No reply. Was she in dreamland or something thought Aaron. The girl didn’t reply and was spacing out. Her eyes were growing big and had a dreamy look stuck on her face. She hoped this girl was still conscious.

“Hello!” shouted Aaron, using one arm to hold onto her, while the other waving it in front of her face.

“Oh yeah of course, thanks by the way!” replied Gui, brightly.

What a sudden change of tone and attitude...Aaron carefully put her down and sat beside her.

“Why do you always fall down?” asked Aaron.

“I actually don’t know, maybe its the way God wants us to be. It’s just part of my personality!” replied Gui.

“True, but what if you get injured one day...and no one catches you, you might break your leg or your arm or even have a damaged brain or something,” said Aaron seriously.

“Yeah, but before that day comes I want to be a happy person and live my life. You shouldn’t think so pessimistically,” stated Gui, “And did you know that was the first time someone has actually caught me when I fell down?”

Aaron remained silent. He felt awkward, not knowing what to say. Gui realised that she had made the atmosphere awkward, and the thing she hated was awkward atmospheres. She loved talking.

“Of course I was joking! You actually fell for that?” laughed Gui, “Anyways what music do you like? Since you always have your iPod with you.”

Aaron had a passion for music more like a hidden talent...he could play the piano very well , his voice was amazing and he was learning guitar. One of his favourite topics to talk about was music.

“I really like K-pop, Taiwanese is alright though...Big Bang rules all!” said Aaron, interested in the topic, “You?”

“I FREAKING LOVE BIG BANG!!! TAEYANG IS SUCH A Y MAMA!!! I AND MOST OF ALL HIS VOICE!!! HIS VOICE JUST MAKES ME DROOL!!! ITS LIKE AN ANGEL!!! HIS PIANO IS SO PRO MAN!!!” ranted Gui, which sounded more like screaming.

Aaron laughed at her.

“Geez, chill lady,”

“He’s awesome man, Taeyang just charms me! His looks, his talent, his everything! I have a super hot poster in my room! His eight pack is amazing, he even won the abs thingy in Korea,” sighed Gui.

“Well, I have a 6 pack, believe it or not, I’ll show you now!” said Aaron teasingly, as he slightly pulled up his t-shirt jokingly.

“Ew, no way you ert!” shouted Gui as she used her hands to cover her eyes.

Aaron laughed loudly.

“Chill, it was a joke, I’m not that type of person!” said Aaron.

“That’s good, I thought so too!” replied Gui, relieved.

“Well, what other music you like?” asked Aaron, grinning as he knew the rant was going to start. Aaron reckoned Gui looked cute when she ranted. And he was right Gui started ranting about Taeyang and various Asian guys all happy and squealing occasionally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, Gui had fallen asleep. Aaron stared at her as she looked very angelic while sleeping. Without hesitation, he pulled off his leather jacket and put it carefully around Gui. Then her head suddenly dropped on Aaron’s shoulder. Aaron let out a short gasp, as this was the first time a girl had been so close to him. Keeping calm, he slowly drifted off to sleep as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first chapter, I hope you Guilun fans will like it...this is all the past.
Since this is my first time for me to write fanfic please give me all your support! Please comment! Thanks :)