08 Because of You

To Believe, or Not to Believe

"I miss you I need you
Even in my dreams, I'm with you
I miss you I need you
Rewind back the time
I wanna kiss you again ma boy"

~Because of You : After School


"Hana?" 
Hana looked up in confusion as the male called her voice.
"Who are you?" 
Jisoo sprang up in bed, drenched in cold sweat. Hearing a groaning sound beside him, he looked over to find Hoshi rubbing his eye.
"Yo. If you can't sleep, don't hit me." Hoshi whined turning over to return to his slumber.
"It was all a dream, right? Wonwoo isn't a Werewolf and Hana's a real person, right?" Jisoo asked frantically shaking Hoshi.
Groaning in complaint, Hoshi grunted in agreement. "Yes. Hana's a real person. No, Wonwoo isn't a Werewolf...I think. You were just having a nightmare. Now let me go back to sleep."
Smiling, Jisoo laid back down and snuggled up in his blankets. Suddenly, he turned his head towards Hoshi. 
"Hold on a sec...what are you doing in my bed?" 
Hoshi sighed giving up on all hope of returning to dreamland. Sitting up in the bed, he looked at Jisoo through his half-open eyes and grinned a goofy grin. "We're a couple, sweety."
Jisoo fell out of the bed in shock while Hoshi died of laughter. 
"I'M GAY?!?!"
Hoshi was too busy trying to regain his breath to answer the poor confused Guardian Angel.
Knock Knock Knock
"Can you guys tone it down a bit? While the two of you are fooling around in here, Hana and I are trying to sleep in the other room." Jungkook said poking his head in the room.
"Oppaaaa" Hana padded into the room and snuggled up in the blankets sprawled out across the bed. "I'm sleeping here. Good night, I love you!" she said falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
Jisoo and Hoshi looked at eachother, unsure what to do and where to continue sleeping. 
"Just continue sleeping here. If you want, you can share a bed with me, but just warning you.....I move around a LOT, unlike Hana." Jungkook said scratching his head before turning around to return to his room.
"What in the world is happening?" Jisoo muttered under his breath as Hoshi returned to his sleep with Hana nestled in between him and Jisoo like a baby.
"I could have sworn that some sort of earthquake took place and I was struck by lightning or something." he muttered before snuggling up against Hana and Hoshi.
Staring into Hana's sleeping face, Jisoo smiled, his stomach erupting into tiny little butterflies. 
"Good night, bunny." he whispered kissing her nose and tucking the blanket around her tiny body.


"They're getting along so well!" 
"Shhh! They might hear us! Don't talk so loudly!" 
"We're looking at them through a crystal ball. They can't hear us...."
"Oh...you're right."
The two figures continued to watch the three as they slept peacefully in the safety of the Seol siblings' shared apartment. 
"What about the prince? How's he doing?" the first voice asked excitedly as they touched the crystal ball while fondly watching the sleeping children.
The second figure tapped the ball in a fancy sort of pattern to switch the image to a sleeping Jungkook. 
"He looks so peaceful." the first figure said, clasping their hands and smiling. 
Suddenly, the image was interrupted by the appearance of a huge white wolf that had wandered into Jungkook's room. The two figures stiffened at the sight of the huge canine and watched in horror as it leapt up on to Jungkook's bed and began to walk around on the mattress. They let out a sigh of relief once it settled down and curled up at Jungkook's feet, but were terribly surprised once again when the wolf flickered and turned into a human boy.
"They're friends with a Werewolf?" the first voice whispered in shock as she gripped the arm of the second figure.
"I think it's time that we reveal to them that nothing is a dream. We need to reveal ourselves to them in the real world" the second figure said authoritatively.
The first figure looked at the first figure with fear plastered all over her face.
"It's too soon! The poor children will think that they're going crazy!" 
"No. We will see how pure this child's heart is. If she's as pure as they say she is, then she won't put up a big fight." the second voice said turning around to walk out of the room.
"What if they recognize us?" the first voice asked, stopping the second figure in his tracks.
He turned around with a strange smile. "The more fun it'll be then." he said cackling as he left the first figure frozen in terror. 
As soon as the second figure was out of sight, the first figure rushed over to the crystal ball and tapped it three times.
"This is the Palace of the Guardian Angels, Chief G.A. Seokjin speaking. How may I help you?" 
"This is Undercover Agent 1230. The prince and princess are in grave danger. I repeat, grave danger. Code Violet. We need to send reinforcements immediately." the first figure spoke in a hushed voice, looking over her shoulder in paranoia.
Seokjin's figure flickered as the connection began to become unstable. "I understand. I will alert the king and queen immediately. In the meantime, Uncercover Agent 1017, return to headquarters. I repeat, return to headquarters. Seokjin out."
Looking around to make sure that the second figure was nowhere in sight, the first figure muttered a couple of words under her breath before transforming into her true Guardian Angel form. Taking the crystal ball in her hands, she tapped it in a rhytmic manner and whispered something into it. As the second figure appoached the room, she disappeared into thin air with only a violet feather floating down to the ground. Opening the door to find an empty room, he whisked the feather out of the air and crushed it in his palm. The room immediately began to fill with a dark purple smokey-like gas. 
"She won't get away with this." he growled as the crumpled feather fell to the ground, disintegrating into a sparkly light violet powder.
"I'll never let her." he cackled, the sound of his laughter echoing through the room as the smokey-like gas wrapped itself around his body. Nothing would be able to stop him. Not even the great and almighty powerful Yoon himself. 


The bright morning sunlight warmly spread itself over the faces of the three children sharing a bed in Hana's room. Both boys had their arms wrapped protectively around the girl who was sandwiched in between them. However, the peacefulness of the morning was soon shattered by the sound of knocking at the front door. Jungkook lazily got up to answer the door but didn't make it to the door on time as it flung open, revealing the seven girls that lived in the same floor. Recognizing their faces immediately, a pit began to form in Jungkook's stomach as he realized what day it was. To their horror, he muttered the three words that would wreak havoc in the apartment in no time.
"She's still sleeping."
The seven girls shrieked and made a run for Hana's bedroom as the two Guardian Angels, who had so faithfully protected her during her slumber, began to wake up. Missing the warmth that had surrounded her throughout the night, Hana's eyes fluttered open and met the seven pairs of eyes that would make the start of her day a terrible one.
"Get up, twinnie! You're late for school!" Hee Jin said dragging her up and out of bed. 
Maerin made a run for the closet to grab Hana's school uniform while Hyun Mi grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste. Growing up together, everyone knew how unresponsive and "dead" Hana was in the mornings....especially when she was late. After brushing her teeth and getting ready for the day, Hana was shoved towards the ktichen, where Ye Rin waited for her with a slice of toast and an egg, sunny-side up, just the way she liked it. 
"Let's go, let's go! We're gonna miss the bus!!!" Hae In yelled from the front door where she waited with Hana's bookbag and jacket.
"Jungkook-ah, where are they going so early in the morning?" Jisoo asked rubbing his eyes, still in the process of waking up.
"School, like me. Hyung, we're going to have to enroll you guys this morning so just throw these on and get ready. We're allowed to come in late, but Hana's so screwed. She's been late three times already and the marking period only just started last week!" Jungkook said shaking his head as he adjusted his tie and threw a couple of his extra uniforms towards the older male.
Nodding his head, Jisoo disappeared into Hana’s room to inform Hoshi and to get ready for school. It was hard for him to believe that he needed to be enrolled in school, again. This would be the third year in a row that he would be taking senior year. For some reason, he never seemed to be able to graduate.
“Jungkook-ah! We’re leaving!” Bi Ah shouted as she dragged the still half-awake Hana out the door bundled up in her favorite Rilakkuma sweater.
The door slammed shut behind the girls as they made a run for the stairs to reach the bus stop before it was too late. Hana, with her slice of toast sticking out of , slowly began to function more like a human being as the girls boarded the bus, which they had caught jsut before it pulled out of the bus stop. Turning to face Maerin, Hana grinned sleepily.
“Mommae, I had a funny dream last night. You were a fairy and Hyunmoni was an elf. And then Bi Ah Unni was an angel and Seul Yi Unni was a witch and Twinnie was a wood nymph and Hae In was a water sprite and Ye Rin Unni was a gumiho. And we were all in a fluffy cloud castle sort of place and Jungkook Oppa was there and so was Dongwoo Oppa and they were all some sort of Guardian Angels or something.” Hana said chewing on her toast while snuggling up to the older girl.
Maerin shared a look with Hyun Mi before wrapping her arms around the younger girl in a tight embrace.
“Did you fall asleep reading again?” she asked tickling the younger, fully waking her up.
“Maybeeee.” Hana giggled. “I don’t really remember.”
Bi Ah adjusted her pink backpack with angel wings on the sides and sat down next to Hana. Suddenly, the bus stopped abruptly, causing the girls to lurch forward as inertia took place.
“What happened?” Seul Yi asked, floating a centimeter off the ground without anyone noticing.
“I don’t know...maybe the bus broke down?” Hyun Mi said standing up to see what was going on. “Ah...I’m too short.” she chuckled sitting back down as other people began to crowd the aisles of the bus.
The intercom crackled, signaling an announcement that was about to be made.
“We apologize for the inconvenience. The bus seems to have broken down. All passengers, please leave through the nearest exit as it may take a while before we will be able to fix the problem.” a voice said through the static of the announcement.
The people around the girls began to grumble as they shoved eachother in their hurry to get off of the bus. The girls quickly gathered their belongings and wove through the crowd, dodging the elbows of businesspeople and college students, in their hurry to get to school on time. Sprinting throuigh the streets, the eight girls arrived at the school gates as the first bell rang, signalling all students to get to their homerooms and to stop socializing with eachother before the second bell rang. The girls flew through the hallways and up the stairs to their individual homerooms as to not be marked late....again. Hana slid into her homeroom and crawled through the passage in between her desk and the door before slipping into her seat. Not even ten seconds after she sat down, the homeroom teacher came into the room to call attendance.
"Good morning class." she said walking in briskly.
The class president, Yoon Jeonghye, stood up. "Good morning, Mrs.Lee." the students chorused, bowing in unison.
The teacher nodded before taking her attendance folder out.
"Kim Jiyoung. Kim Jiho....." Hana's head began to nod as Mrs. Lee finished calling the names of the Kims and Parks.
" Suh DongJin. Seo Jihye. Seol Hana....Seol Hana?" Mrs. Lee looked up from the sheet, searching for the familiar face of the slumbering bookworm.
If it hadn't been for Bi Ah, who happened to be Hana's deskmate, Hana would have been screwed beyond the world of mystical beings. She jabbed Hana in the side, causing her to jolt out of her seat and shout.
"I'M HERE!"
The class burst out in laughter as Hana's face turned red in embarassment. She quickly sat down and hid her face in a book, quietly insulting herself for falling asleep during roll call again. Finishing attendance, Mrs. Lee closed the folder and began to speak.
"We have two new transfer students that will be joining your class today." turning towards the door, she called out. "Boys, come in!"
Hana, too embarassed to look anywhere, slunk down low in her seat to hide her embarassment. Although she had been spared from the attention of all the kids in her homeroom, that didn't spare her from the teasing that she'd get from the populars during lunch time. She listened as the door slid open, revealing the two new transfer students. As soon as the two males stepped into the classroom, the room burst into excited chatter.
"OMG. He is SO. HOTT."
"I call dibs on the blonde."
"We need to get to them before the populars do."
"Aww he's so cute! He looks like a kitty!"
Mrs. Lee tapped the chalkboard with her teaching stick. "Attention! Please introduce yourselves."
"Hi! My name's Kwon Soonyoung and I used to attend here when I was younger, but then I moved away. But I'm back now! Please take care of me!"
Hana's blood froze. What? She straightened up in her seat and peeked over her book to see Soonyoung's grinning face staring at her. She quickly ducked back into her book, her cheeks flushing. What in the world is he doing here?
"My name is Hong Jisoo. I moved here from America a couple of years ago where I used to attend Downton Magnets High School. I hope you guys will take care of me and Soonyoung!"
Hana groaned as he finished his self-introduction. Of all places, why did Jungkook have to enroll them HERE?
"Soonyoung and Jisoo, you can sit in the seats in front of Miss Seol and Miss Lee in the back. Miss Seol? Miss Lee? Please raise your hands so that these two young gentlemen will know where to sit."
Hana raised her hand with an unidentifiable expression plastered all over her face while Bi Ah waved at the two boys. Grinning, Jisoo purposely sat in front of Hana and slipped a folded piece of paper on her desk along with her phone.

You are literally the stupidest person in the whole entire world. How are we even siblings? Haha. JK. I love you lil sis! Don't forget your phone tomorrow!
Love, Kookie Oppa

Hana let a smile sneak on to her face as she slipped the phone in to her desk. Jisoo turned around with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"Hi! I'm Hong Jisoo, what's your name?" he asked as the girl in front of him turned around to talk to him.
The girl scowled as Hana tried hard to hide her smile. 
"I'm Seol Hana. Nice to meet you!" she said shaking his hand and trying to control her laughter.
"Hana-ssi, can you give me and Soonyoung a tour during lunch break?"
"Sur-"
"Actually, I can give you that tour, sweetie." 
Hana and Jisoo looked up to see a popular standing at Hana's desk.
"Hi! I'm Kwon HyeJin, the prettiest girl in school! I'm sure you wouldn't want to be given a tour by an unpretty loser like her." she said flipping her hair and smiling flirtatiously at Jisoo.
Hurt filled Hana's eyes as Jisoo awkwardly looked up at HyeJin.
"Actually HyeJin, Hana's way prettier than you. Especially in personality." Soonyoung said standing up with his hands in his pockets.
"Oh. Soonyoung...well....looks like puberty did a good job on you." she said coyly. 
"Leave HyeJin. Hana will be giving us a tour of the school, not you." he said giving her a cold death stare.
"I'm sure Jisoo-ssi can speak for himself. Isn't that right Jisoo-ssi?" HyeJin said smiling sweetly at Jisoo again.
"Actually...I'll just stick with Hana and Soonyoung....thanks for the offer though." he said avoiding eye-contact with her.
"Hana....let's leave these two to talk a bit." Bi Ah said softly tugging on the younger's arm as she saw the tears welling up in Hana's eyes.
"Hana...." Jisoo said reaching a hand out towards the girl as she left the room with Bi Ah.
"Hold on a second...are you REALLY choosing that LOSER over ME, the QUEENKA of this school?" HyeJin scoffed in disbelief.
Jisoo whipped his head towards HyeJin with a cold gaze.
"Yes. I am. Now if you don't mind, I have someone that I need to comfort. Excuse me." he said coldly pushing his chair in before leaving the classroom.
Soonyoung scoffed at HyeJin and followed Jisoo out of the classroom. Sticking his head back in, he looked at HyeJin and spoke.
"Your so-called "pretty face" won't do anything to stop Jisoo from being with Hana, so stop trying. What you don't seem to know is that they've been friends for quite a long while, unlike your non-existent relationship with him. So just out and leave her alone. If you don't, you better watch your back."
Leaving that threat in the air, Soonyoung chased after Jisoo, who was in hot pursuit of the two girls.
HyeJin's eyes shifted, turning into an iridescent greenish purple colour.
"Kwon Soonyoung....you should watch YOUR back. I'll get to Seol Hana...and nobody can stop me" she cackled, her voice changing in to a multi-voiced voice.