07 A-ing

To Believe, or Not to Believe

"Once, twice, three or four times
No matter how many
times I say it I'm not bored
Don't run away, listen to my love story now"

~A-Ing : Oh My Girl


"Seol Hana....I know you're in there....I can smell you." a deep voice growled from the other side of the door.
Hoshi froze in recognition. It couldn't be....Jeonghan had sent him to the real world to retrieve the princess. He wouldn't trust a dirty Werewolf to do the job, so why was he here? Not understanding the dangers of the situation, Hoshi quickly concentrated to become invisible and morphed into his form as a Guardian Angel. Slipping past Jisoo and the Seol siblings, he hurried to the door to confirm his worst fear. Jeon Wonwoo stood at the door with a girl identical to Hana--Kim Jihye. How it was possible for her to exist in this world, Hoshi had no clue, but he knew that this meant trouble....BIG trouble. Hurrying back to the trio at the couch, Hoshi morphed back to his human form, surprising everyone who had had their attentions diverted by Wonwoo's strange comment.
"Don't open the door. He's a Werewolf, one of Jeonghan's minions." Turning to Jisoo, the two locked eyes--Jisoo's expression immediately changing to one of worry. "He was one of our closest friends."
"If you don't open the door right now, I'll knock over this door and slash open ." the voice growled.
"Who?" Jisoo asked, his expression hardening upon hearing the threat.
"Wonwoo..."
"Oh my gosh...." Jisoo breathed.
How could this be? Wonwoo was one of the quietest and introverted members of their friend group, Seventeen. There had been thirteen members, three units - Vocal, Hip Hop & Performance, and together they were one team. Thirteen plus three plus one, seventeen. The thirteen of them were inseperable, the best of friends. None of them had grown up with a proper family-setting -- all were abandoned, abused, adopted, forgotten, or didn't know a thing about family. Nobody quite fit in with the other students, but at the same time the thirteen of them were considered to be the Untouchables -- the hottest guys in school who were able to get away from anything and everything.
"I smell someone else. Hong Jisoo? Kwon Soonyoung?" the confusion in Wonwoo's voice could be easily heard as the two mentioned began to creep up towards the door.
That's impossible. I saw that truck run into Jisoo Hyung back at home. He died! That's why Jeonghan Hyung is making me protect this stupid girl. Ugh. And I keep morphing in and out. This .
"Jeon Wonwoo...why don't we take care of this in a peaceful manner, huh?" Jisoo said, trying to reason with the Werewolf behind the door.
"Don't do anything rash...there are four of us here and one of you. Don't think that we'll hold back just because you're our friend...you're still a Werewolf." Hoshi added, approaching the door cautiously.
Wonwoo responded with a long moment of silence before grunting in agreement. Hana scurried behind Jungkook as Hoshi opened the door, revealing a grungy and bloody Wonwoo holding an unconcious girl identical to Hana.
"Is that...Jihye?" Jisoo breathed, his heart pounding abnormally fast.
Wonwoo's turquoise-tinted eyes widened as he saw Jisoo, alive and breathing. Hoshi gently took Jihye from Wonwoo's arms and laid her down on the couch. Hana peeked out from behind Jungkook to find her alternate identity from The Seventeen Stars. Struck with awe, she crept over to see if the girl was breathing. The fact that her alternate identity was still in her Seventeen Stars form was unbelievable and extremely rare. Usually, when alternate identities cross over to different worlds, they join with their other identity and forget nothing. The appearance of Hana's alternate identity in the real world meant that her first power had appeared, the power of duplication. Wonwoo crossed the room in terror, not quite understanding how Jisoo could still be alive when he had been killed almost instantly in the car accident back at home. The three friends from The Seventeen Stars sat across from eachother on the couches next to where Jihye was lying. 
"Hyung...how are you alive? We all saw you die..." Wonwoo said with a shaky voice, his Werewolf form morphing in and out from his human form.
Hana's eyes widened as she saw the fluffy fur of the Werewolf come in and out of view from the quiet boy sitting in front of her. 
"I somehow made it out through a portal. I'm fine now though. Let's talk about you...what did Jeonghan do to you? Why are you morphing in and out?" Jisoo questioned as Jungkook went to the kitchen to get a wet cloth and a first-aid kit to tend to Wonwoo's wounds.
"Hyung....he changed...even though Jihye ended up loving him, it wasn't enough for him. He wanted Jihye to be with him forever, but he knew that she would die....he sent me to be her guardian, but you know that I'm no Guardian Angel." Wonwoo's eyes began to water as the flashes between his mystical self and his human form began to take more time. "He sent us into Blood Sweat Tears, but as soon as we entered the world, Jihye passed out in my arms and hasn't been breathing ever since. I don't know what to do, hyung! Jeonghan Hyung threatened to kill me and the rest of the pack if we didn't help protect Jihye, but now she's dead and I have no idea what he's going to do to my pack!" Wonwoo morphed into his wolf form--a beautiful white wolf with shimmering fur. "He said that if we brought a girl named Seol Hana back to him, Jihye would be able to live forever and he wouldn't harm me or the rest of my pack." Huge tears ran down Wonwoo's snout causing Hana to cross the room to give the furry canine a hug.
"Don't cry. It's gonna be alright. We'll protect you and your pack. That evil demon angel won't be able to harm you. I promise." she said the fur between his ears as he whimpered.
"Jihye-yah.." Jisoo breathed as the unconscious girl on the couch began to move.
Suddenly, her eyes shot open, shocking everyone in the room. Her eyes weren't like any normal eyes---they were completely white with no pupils. She sat up and began to speak in an eery voice.
"I am no longer part of this world. Please return me to The Seventeen Stars. I'd rather have my body buried in the world I belong in than a world that I have no knowledge about." she turned to Hana. "You are my alternate identity. Please take care of the one I love most. I know that you love him too. My time is up. Jeon Wonwoo, none of this is your fault. Please.....get rid of Yoon Jeonghan for me. I beg of you" and with those words, Jihye's eyes shut and she returned to the limp position she had originally been in.
Silence filled the room as her words soaked into the brains of the mystical beings.
"Did she just....die?" Hana's voice wavered as she blinked in confusion and fear.
"I think so...." Jungkook breathed, pulling his baby sister in to a comforting hug.
"We need to go back to The Seventeen Stars. Whether we just return her body or remain there, we need to do as she wishes." Hoshi said bravely, trying not to let his grief show.
"I can't go back...I'll die if I return." Jisoo whispered, looking into the face of the one he had loved.
"I'll go back."
The four heads turned to face the white wolf who padded towards the limp body.
"Jeonghan Hyung can't do anything now that I'm permanently in my Werewolf form. We're immortal, remember?" Wonwoo smiled a sad smile as Hana gave him a hug.
"Wonwoo-yah...." Jisoo and Hoshi looked at their friend, grief filling their hearts.
"You're always welcome back here, Wonwoo."  Hana said softly, scratching the wolf under his chin affectionately. 
"Come straight back as soon as you drop her off. We don't want to lose you." Jisoo said giving his friend an affectionate hug.
"Alright." Wonwoo nudged Jihye so that she rolled over and landed comfortably on his back.
Hana ran to her room to grab the novel as Jungkook readied himself to open up a portal into the book. The siblings worked together to open up the portal--Hana opening the book up to the final chapter and Jungkook swinging his right arm in a circular motion to create and open up a portal. Looking back at his friends one last time, Wonwoo leaped into the portal with Jihye on his back and disappeared in a flash of turquoise light. As the four waited for his return, they began to talk about their identities as mystical beings.
"So....do all mystical beings have tinted-coloured eyes?" Hana asked, remembering how Wonwoo's eyes were a turquoise colour.
"Yeah. We have violet-tinted eyes since we're Guardian Angels. All creatures have different colours that represent what they are. Wonwoo's a Werewolf, so they're turquoise. You'll probably see more mystical creatures around now that you know what you are." Jungkook said holding the portal open as strange sounds  signaling Wonwoo's arrival to the other world could be heard coming from the opposite end of the portal.
"That means that there are a ton of other creatures too, right?" Jisoo asked the younger.
"Yeah. Across the hall, Hyun Mi's an Elf, Seul Yi's a Witch, Hee Jin's a Wood Nymph, and Hae In's a Water Sprite. Down the hall is Maerin, who's a Fairie, Bi Ah, who's an Angel, and Ye Rin, who's a Gumiho." Jungkook explained patiently as another strange sound could be heard coming from the portal.
Suddenly, the room began to shake, causing books to fall and the furniture to move around.
"Earthquake?" Hana shouted running under a table as the grumbling sounds of dishes crashing down out of the cupboards from the kitchen.
Wonwoo burst out of the portal and Jungkook sealed it quickly before dragging the white wolf under a table for cover. The remaining two Guardian Angels continued to sit peacefully on the couch as everything moved around the house. Hana and Jungkook freaked out under the table, cowering with Wonwoo in between their arms as lightning crashed outside and the ground tremored in a more violent fashion. Two bright violet lights, similar to those of lighting, flashed down in the living room towards the two males on the couch. Hana screamed in terror as Jungkook and Wonwoo hugged the younger tightly.
"Oppa...what's happening?" Hana whimpered, tears streaming down her cheeks as Wonwoo tried to comfort her.
"I don't know...." Jungkook replied, his eyes as wide as Hana's were.
The tremors and lightning suddenly disappeared, as fast as they had first appeared. Jungkook cautiously poked his head out from under the table to see Jisoo and Hoshi in their Guardian Angel forms, both extremely confused.
"Where are we, Hoshi?" Jisoo asked, folding his violet wings as he sat down. 
"JISOO!" Hana cried as she shot out from under the table to hug the older. 
She sobbed into his chest as he awkwardly tried to comfort the crying child. "What's wrong?" he asked softly her hair.
"The lightning....the e-earthquake....I THOUGHT YOU DIED YOU BABO." she sobbed hitting his chest with her fist.
"Shhh....it's okay." Jisoo wasn't sure who this girl was, but he knew that something felt right having her in his arms. His heart hurt seeing her cry.
Jungkook came out from under the table and stared at the two Guardian Angels in awe.
Jisoo and Hoshi gasped in unison. "Prince Jungkook!" 
Jisoo regretfully released Hana from his arms as he and Hoshi knelt down with their right arms crossed over their chests. "Your majesty."
Hana wailed again as she realized that Jisoo no longer remembered who she was. Hoshi looked up at the distressed female, his eyes filled with recognition and hurt. Each time that a tear trailed down her cheek, he felt as if he was getting stabbed in the heart. Jungkook nodded at the two Guardian Angels, relieving them from their uncomfortable positions.
"This is Princess Hana. The one that you've been searching for." Jungkook said taking his wailing sister into his arms. "You may not remember this since you were both finally released from the curses that were put on you, but Hana was extremely close with the both of you. She loved you both extremely dearly, so please. Take care of her." 
Hoshi ran over to Hana and wrapped her in a warm hug. "Don't worry Hana. I wouldn't ever forget you." he said as the girl's tears began to wet his robe. What both Jungkook and Hana didn't know, was that he was royalty. He wasn't related to the Seol siblings, but was part of an ancient line of Guardian Angel royalty, which allowed him to keep his memories from other worlds, regardless of curses.
"I still remember when I first came back to this world as Soonyoung." he whispered in to her ear, calming the sobs that racked her body.
"Oppaaaaa" she cried hugging him tighter in happiness. 
"It doesn't matter in which world I'm in, how far I am away from you, which identity I'm in....I'll always love you forever." he said hugging her tightly.
Jisoo looked at the two, fire burning in his eyes. He didn't know why he felt this way. He didn't even remember having any sort of relationship with Princess Hana, so why would he be feeling this strange feeling in the pit of his stomach? Why did he feel like ripping Hoshi's arms off of the girl so that he could protect her? And most importantly, what was this strange fluttery feeling he got each time that he saw her?