05 Abracadabra

To Believe, or Not to Believe

"Bring, bring, I want to hold you in my arms
I will do anything and even more
Bling, bling, you are my fantasy
I'll put everything
on stake to have you"

~Abracadabra : Brown Eyed Girls


"Kwon Soonyoung......" Hana whispered in horror.

"Hoshi?" Jisoo breathed in confusion as he grabbed Hana's hand assuringly.

"What do you want Soonyoung?" Jungkook spat venomously.

"I'm here to deliver a package! No worries." he laughed dryly. "I won't try anything." he said seriously, matching Jungkook's cold gaze with one of his own.

"Just give me the package and leave. You're obviously not wanted here, Ho--Soonyoung." Jisoo said stepping forward and stretching out a hand expectantly.

"Ah....of course. Mr. Gentleman Hong here is going to protect you." Soonyoung scoffed.

"I'd watch your back Hong Jisoo." he snarled as Joshua grabbed the package from Soonyoung's hands. "Jeonghan Hyung was NOT happy to find that you survived." he whispered menacingly before turning around and leaving the three of them, frozen, in the doorway.

"Hoshi...." Jisoo breathed. 

He turned around and shoved the package into Jungkook's hands. "Hyung, hold on to this, okay? I gotta go catch up with that evil kid." 

Jisoo ran after Hoshi as the latter frantically pressed the button for the elevator. Knowing that the elevator was broken, Jisoo grabbed Hoshi's wrist and whipped him around.

"How did you come here? I know you aren't dead. There's no reason for you to be." he said coldly.

Hoshi may have been a close friend of his before, but that didn't mean that he was one in this world. Definitely not from the way he was treating him. 

Hoshi scoffed. "Why would I be dead? You aren't!"

"What was that you said about Jeonghan earlier? He wants me dead?" Jisoo felt a pit forming at the bottom of his stomach. His best friends.......

"Of course he'd want you dead! You were the only one who had no real talent in Seventeen anyways." Hoshi said rolling his eyes in annoyance, yet hiding something.

Jisoo could tell that these words were paining Hoshi greatly. 

"Say those words again." he said softly, in disbelief.

"I said...." Hoshi turned his head to make eye-contact with Jisoo. "Of course he'd want you dead." There was a long pause before he continued. "You're the only one who had no real talent in Seventeen anyways." Hoshi broke eye-contact and refused to look up with an expression of shame plastered all over his face.

Jisoo's heart broke as he watched Hoshi beat himself up internally at the hurtful words he was uttering under Jeonghan's instructions. This was too much for Hoshi to handle. Hoshi was a sweet, charming, and fluffy sort of child. Why did he have to get mixed up in the drama of Hana's world? And why was he going by his birth name here? From the reaction he had seen Jungkook and Hana have, he guessed that Hoshi had been making several visits to Hana's world as this "Soonyoung" character. 

"Let go of me, Jisoo." Soonyoung growled, facing the wall. 

"No. Not until you tell me everything." he said in a calm tone, jerking Hoshi's wrist so that the latter would face him.

"Just let me go!" he cried, his existence visibly glitching as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Jisoo let go in shock. How was this possible? Hoshi was as human as he was! There was no reason for him to turn transparent the way he had just done! 

"Hosh. What happened? Tell me now." Jisoo said firmly, putting his hands on Hoshi's shoulders.

The younger broke down in tears, flashing back and forth from being visible to a transparent version of himself.

"It's Jeonghannie Hyung...he's changed so much." Hoshi bawled. "He did something strange so that he'd end up with Jihye instead of you, and now the rest of us are all receiving the consequences from it." he whispered weakly, collapsing on to the floor.

Jisoo's heart broke seeing his close dongsaeng* in so much pain. 

"I promise you. I'll find out how to reverse this. You'll be back to normal." Jisoo said, hugging the younger.

Hana stuck her head out the door to find Soonyoung in tears and Jisoo hugging him. Shocked, she slowly stepped forward to see what was wrong. The great and almighty arrogant Soonyoung was having a breakdown? This was something new.

"Soonyoung?" she asked softly, seeing how vulnerable he really was. He looked like the same fluffy Soonyoung that she remembered from when they were kids.

He lifted his head, tears rolling down his cheeks. Hana's heart broke as she flew forward to wrap him in a hug. Soonyoung cried hugging her as Jisoo patted his back comfortingly. 

"Young-ah, what's wrong? Don't cry!" Hana sniffled. Seeing her childhood friend upset made her feel upset.

"I'm so sorry Hana. You guys probably hate me so much because of what I did to you." he bawled, Hana his hair. 

"It's okay. I forgive you. Don't beat yourself up over it!" she cried, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Suddenly, a door slammed open--two male figures running out of the apartment complex in glee. 

"Yah Taehyung! Come back here!"

Taehyung ran past the sad trio and hid by the stairs as his younger brother, Jimin chased him. 

"Jungkook-ah!!!!" Jimin yelled as Taehyung ran down the stairs. "I need your help!!!"

Jungkook poked his head outside to find Jimin jumping up and down, pointing in the direction of the sad trio collapsed by the staircase.

"Hana!" Jungkook rushed over, stopping abruptly seeing her hugging a sobbing Soonyoung. 

He may have hated Soonyoung, but seeing his enemy crying and looking so vulnerable didn't make him feel too good. He crouched down next to Jisoo and nudged him.

"Are they okay?" he asked, worry written all over his face.

"Yeah....I was talking with Soonyoung and he kinda broke down to me. And then Hana came out and started comforting him, but she ended up crying with him." he whispered as Jimin began tugging on Jungkook's sleeve.

"What is it Jiminnie Hyung?" Jungkook asked crossly.

"TaeTae found our snack stash and he ran away with it. We gotta get it back before Dong Woo Hyung finds out!" Jimin said excitedly as shouts of joy could be heard coming from the stairwell. They could only imagine how happy Taehyung must have been to get his hands on the snack stash.

Torn between going after his evil hyung to retrieve their snack stash and comforting his kid sister, Jungkook sat down with a conflicted expression on his face.

"Go. I'll take care of Hana." Jisoo said patting Jungkook on the back.

"Thanks Hyung!" Jungkook shot up and ran down the stairs after Jimin to catch their evil hyung and rescue their precious snacks.

"Do you two want to be left alone to talk things out?" Jisoo asked gently as Hana and Hoshi's tears began to dry up.

"Yeah...." Hoshi sniffled, wiping the remaining tears away from his face.

Jisoo stood up and went back to Hana's apartment, leaving the two alone in the hallway. They sat there in silence for a while before Hoshi began to speak.

"I'm really sorry for what I did to you, Hana. I know you went through a lot as a kid, and I probably made things a whole lot worse for you when I left the two of you in that problem." Hoshi said guiltily hanging his head. "I wanted to tell you. I really did....but I couldn't." Taking a deep breath, Hoshi continued. "I was kidnapped and beaten by a man who I thought was one of my best friends, and he forced me to do all sorts of dirty work for him." Hoshi stopped short, choked by sobs. "He made me hurt the ones that I loved in order to protect them, and made me feel like a monster to everyone that I was once close with."

Hana scooted over to Hoshi and wrapped him in a warm hug. "It's fine Soonyoung. Don't worry. I forgive you, and I'm sure Jungkook Oppa will too. You're always welcome back to our home, okii?" she said patting his back comfortingly. 

His tears dripped down, his body colours fading in and out without Hana noticing. When would this curse go away? This was all His fault and because of Him, he wasn't able to protect the one he loved most---Seol Hana. Instead, he had hurt her heart in the worst way possible. But being the pure and mystical being that she was, she forgave him instantly. Those six years that must have felt like torture--all grudges gone just like that. She didn't even know what she was. She had no idea that the world was full of beings like her. She didn't even know what he was. Hoshi leaned his chin on Hana's shoulder. If he didn't tell her soon, she would probably go crazy and admit herself into a mental hospital. He needed to talk to Jungkook. Hoshi let out a sigh as Hana withdrew from the hug.

"Let's go inside, okii Soonie?" she beamed at him, wiping away the stray tears that had fallen from her eyes.

"Sure." he smiled faintly, standing up and offering a hand to her.

She took it, and he pulled her up, into his arms in a hug. "Thanks for trusting me, Hana. I'll never leave you again." he whispered, a tear trailing down his face.

Jisoo silently closed the door, his heart slightly heavy. He knew he wasn't supposed to be peeking like that, but at the same time...he knew exactly was happening. He ran over to where he had hidden the folder that Mr. Han had given him before he left for Hana's world. Scanning through her profile, he finally stopped at the paper that had confused him. His mouth went dry.

Seol Hana
Mystical Being : Guardian Angel
Mystical Knowledge : none.
Does she know about herself? : no.
Powers : none have been noticed.

Hong Jisoo (Joshua)
Mystical Being : Guardian Angel
Mystical Knowledge : none.
Does he know about himself? : no.
Powers : mind-reading ability

Kwon Soonyoung (Hoshi)
Mystical Being : Guardian Angel
Mystical Knowledge : knows of Guardian Angels and believes in other mystical beings.
Does he know about himself? : yes.
Powers : invisibility

Yoon Jeonghan
Mystical Being : former Guardian Angel. currently devil
Mystical Knowledge : everything in the book of mystical beings.
Does he know about himself? : yes
Powers : getting people to believe in him

 

Jisoo dropped the folder in shock. He wasn't human....and neither were his friends. Jisoo heard the doorknob turn, and scrambled to put all the papers back into the folder. He would have to finish reading this mystical beings paper later. The fact that he wasn't a human being shocked him, and the fact that his friends weren't shocked him even more. But Yoon Jeonghan was formally a Guardian Angel? What could this mean? 

I hope Soonie's okay...Should I have him stay over for dinner?

Hearing Hana's voice next to his ear, Jisoo turned around right away to find nobody around him. The door knob clicked as the door unlocked. 

"Jisoo?" Hana called.

Jisoo's eyes widened as he realized what was happening. 

I wish I told Hana the whole truth. If she finds out that she's a Guardian Angel and that Yoon Jeonghan's after her, she'll go into shock and might not even wake up. I have to tell her that she's the Guardian Angel princess, but what if she won't believe me? What if she doesn't believe that she's the most divine and purest of all mystical beings? What if she thinks that I'm trying to betray her again? 

Jisoo's eyes widened as he accidentally heard Hoshi's thoughts. Hana was the Guardian Angel princess? Jisoo walked out of the room that he had hidden in and towards the living room where Hana and Hoshi sat awkwardly next to eachother. Hoshi looked up, and making eye contact, Jisoo realized that his eyes were a different colour. 

"Are you two hungry? I'll order some take-out from the Chinese Restaurant downstairs." Hana said breaking the silence.

"Sure! Order something that tastes good!!!" Hoshi said enthusiastically. 

"Are you wearing coloured contacts, Hoshi?" Jisoo asked quietly as Hana stood up to order something to eat for the three of them.

"Oh my gosh...you found out?" Hoshi breathed, his purple-tinted eyes widening.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked confused.

"When we find out what our mystical beings are, we can see the different colours in the eyes of other mystical beings. We're guardian angels, so our eyes are tinted a slight violet colour." Hoshi explained as Hana chattered away on the phone with the cashier downstairs.

"Are you staying over tonight? I want to learn more about this...about me." Jisoo said.

"I'll see what I can do. Jungkook knows that he's a guardian angel and he knows about me too. I don't know if he's seen you yet though. If you have any questions, you can ask him, too."

The two males looked over at Hana, who was still on the phone. They bent over and continued their conversation on mystical beings.

"What other types of mystical beings are there? I wasn't able to read everything that was on my file, so I don't know who's what yet." Jisoo said sheepishly scratching his head.

"Well, there are werewolves, mermaids and mermen, centaurs, vampires, devils, strange half animal and half human monster-type things, and tons of other creatures. I haven't learned everything just yet, but all those creatures that you read about in fairy-tales and whatnot are all real." Hoshi whispered as Hana hung up the phone.

"I ordered a lot of food, so I hope the two of you are REALLLYYYY hungry!" Hana  said cheerily as she sat down on the couch next to Jisoo.

Suddenly, three hollow-sounding knocks knocked heavily on the door. Hoshi and Jisoo froze, Hoshi momentarily going invisible before Hana turned her attention back to the two. Jisoo stood up.

"I'll go see who it is. You two stay here." he said, already hearing the thoughts of the male behind the door.

What's taking Hoshi so long? I told him to kidnap her, not have a tea party and play around with her. If he's not doing his job correctly, I'll just have to finish him off.

"Who is it?" Jisoo called, already knowing who the long-haired male behind the door was.

"I'm looking for Seol Hana. Is she home?" 

Jisoo's heart hardened hearing the voice of his ex-best friend. "No. She moved out a couple years ago. I don't know where she moved. Sorry! Have a nice day!" 

What?!?!?! I'm so sure that it was her who lived here. Is the system outdated? Where did Hoshi go? OMG WHAT IF HE GOT CAUGHT? Ugh. That idiot. He said he had everything under control but he slips up and makes a crucial mistake like this. Ha...he'll pay for this. 

Hearing the male's thoughts fade away, Jisoo felt the blood rush back in his veins. His hands and curled into fists, his knuckles turning white. Hoshi walked over to where Jisoo stood with a confused expression on his face. 

"Who was it?" seeing Jisoo's expression, Hoshi's heart dropped into his stomach.

"Yoon Jeonghan."