04 A Song Calling For You

To Believe, or Not to Believe

"So brutally, acting like nothing is wrong
So silently, so bluntly
You leave my side
As you go away, you get smaller and smaller
I can't say a word and I can't do a thing"

~A Song Calling For You : SS501 


Jisoo smiled as he watched Hana run away from him. She reminded him so much of Jihye--her character, her smile, her features, her actions, just everything. He wondered if this was why he was sent to Hana's world--to start a new life as "Josh" and live his life happily with her. The smile on his face disappeared as he noticed a large truck approaching rapidly nearing the girl as she ran towards the street to escape from him.

"HANA!!!!" 

Running forward, he pulled her by the wrist and wrapped her in a hug to protect her from getting run over--a total Korean drama moment. He smiled secretly, satisfied to save her in such a romantic way. He let her go and looked into her wide fearful eyes. She hugged him and buried her face into his chest as he her hair comfortingly.

"You okay?" he murmured as he felt his shirt beginning to get wet.

"I could have diedddd" she wailed hugging him tightly.

Jisoo smiled and pulled her close, patting her back in a comforting way.

"Do you want to go out and eat jjajangmyeon? I know it's your favorite." he said smiling as he saw the child's face brighten up.

She nodded her head enthusiastically as she wiped the tears from her eyes. Jisoo grabbed her hand and the two walked off to find a jjajangmyeon restaurant. As the two walked off, a suspicious looking male stepped out from behind a building. Dressed in black with a face mask and a baseball cap pulled low over his eyes, he followed the couple from behind, keeping a safe distance from them as they hunted around for a good restaurant. He watched as the two finally entered a restaurant before taking pictures with a large DSLR camera. Observing his photos, he nodded in satisfaction before slipping into a black car that pulled over just for him. His face transformed into a sinister grin as the car drove away from the restaurant and to his next destination.

"I've got you now, Hong Jisoo. And there's no way you can escape from me this time." he said pulling off his face mask and cap, his long well-kept hair tumbling down his shoulders.

Meanwhile, in the restaurant, Hana was making a scene. A pretty big one. She had dragged Jisoo into the restaurant because she had seen a sign outside saying that they could win a huge Pikachu if they finished an extra large bowl of jjajangmyeon in five minutes. The problem was, she finished it in four minutes and fifty-nine seconds. One second off from the five minutes. BUT, the restaurant owner refused to give her the huge Pikachu, insisting that she cheated and that it was impossible for anyone to finish a jjajangmyeon in five minutes.

"Well if it's so impossible, then HOW DID I DO IT?" she shouted angrily. 

"I ONLY PUT THE SIGN UP THERE TO ATTRACT CUSTOMERS, NOT ANNOYING CHEATERS LIKE YOU." the owner shouted.

"But she DID finish in less than five minutes. So she should be getting the huge Pikachu!" a woman shouted from the back of the restaurant.

By this time, a large crowd had surrounded Hana and the restaurant owner. There had already been a crowd when Hana first started eating, so there were a ton of witnesses who sided with Hana. The restaurant owner's face began to turn red in embarassment as person after person pointed out that Hana did not cheat and that the restaurant owner was a scam. He finally realized what kind of bad publicity he might get after this and scowled as he disappeared into the back room. 

Jisoo watched as Hana's angry stubborn face transformed into one of pure joy as the restaurant owner returned with a huge Pikachu in his arms and the same scowl that Hana had, plastered all over his face. 

"You won. But don't ever come back here. You caused enough bad publicity for me today." he growled as Hana hugged the Pikachu in delight.

Turning to face the owner, she gave him a death glare. "Don't worry. I'm DEFINITELY not going to come back. And I'll make sure that nobody else that I know will come back either." she humphed, flipping her hair as she pranced out the door with Jisoo in pursuit. 

Hana danced in happiness as she and Jisoo walked to the nearest bus stop with the huge Pikachu. JIsoo shook his head in amusement as Hana skipped around Jisoo with the huge Pikachu in her arms. Her hyperactiveness soon rubbed off on him as the two began to sing and dance in joy while waiting for the bus to arrive. Suddenly, Hana froze in shock as her eyes met something across the street. Her jaw fell open causing Jisoo to stop and look across the street to see what Hana was so shocked about. Making eye contact with the person across the street, his blood began to boil in anger and betrayal. Putting a protective arm around Hana, he matched the stranger's glare as the pulled up. Ushering her on to the bus, the two were soon on their way back to the apartment with Pikachu.

"Did you know that guy across the street?" Jisoo asked worriedly. 

"Yeah.....he was my older brother's friend when were were younger...but he was a jerk." Tears welled up in Hana's eyes.

Jisoo could tell that this was a sore subject. This was not the time to bring up his role in The Seventeen Stars. Pulling her into a hug, he patted her back comfortingly. Why did all these negative events have to happen? Was this what life was really like? All his life, he had lived with everything being perfect...until Jeonghan stole Jihye away from him. Hana wrapped her arms around Jisoo and leaned her head against his chest. He felt his heart thump the same way it did when he was around Jihye. Hana looked up at him, a tear trailing down her face.

"Your heart beats really fast, you know that?" she sniffled, laughing a little.

Jisoo became a little flustered and let her go, instantly missing the warmth that had radiated off of the smaller girl. The two stayed silent for the rest of the ride back to Hana's apartment. When the bus finally dropped the two off, Hana began to walk home. Realizing that Jisoo was still following her, she turned around to face him.

"Wait. Why are you still following me? Go home!" she said making shooing gestures with her hands.

"I don't think I have a home?" he said scratching the back of his head. "...is it okay if I stay with you? You're the only person I actually know here..."

Hana sighed. How would she explain this to Jungkook? Jungkook had no idea that she even had a "boyfriend" until today, so what would he think if she told him "Oh yeah, my boyfriend's going to be living with us starting today." Hana shook her head to rid the confusing thoughts from her brain. 

"Fine. But you have to carry PikaPika all the way home." she humphed turning around after shoving the giant Pikachu into his arms.

He smiled at her childish ways and hurried to catch up to her as she walked home with her head held high. Little did the two know that the same long-haired stalker from before was watching them and taking pictures.

"Good, good. So they've seen Him now. This is good progress. This starts Phase Two - action." the male flipped his long hair and pulled out his phone, dialing a contact named 10:10.

"Boss? You called?" a male voice answered on the other line.

"Yeah. We can start Phase Two. Take action right away." 

"Okay." the male on the other end hung up the phone before changing out of his comfortable outfit and into a delivery uniform.

After changing, he quickly set off to get to Apartment Complex #1017 on Floor 17 at BTSVT Suites with a package for a certain Seol Hana. He stuffed the package into his backpack before slinging his leg over the side of his motorcycle. Trouble was brewing, and nobody would even suspect it. After all, it HAD been six years since that little crew had seen him. Who would forget Apartment Complex #1010 of Floor 17? He let out a laugh as the wind blew through his hair while he drove through the highway. It would be a family reunion. How happy would the kids be?

Meanwhile, back at BTSVT Suites, Hana and Jisoo had finally reached Floor 17 after climbing the stairs. The elevator had been broken since the day Hana was admitted to the hopsital. It was hard to believe that a day had already passed with Jisoo living in the same world as her. She already felt so close to him, yet knew so little about him....SO, she planned on having a little game session with him to get to know him better. She smiled happily as she unlocked her apartment and ushered Jisoo inside. The two took off their shoes as Jungkook came out of the bathroom with his hair wet.

"Oh? You were discharged? I was just about to go visit you!" he said shuffling over in his slippers. "Hey Josh!" he waved.

"He has a Korean name too, you know?" Hana sighed dumping her overnight bag on the couch and collapsing into a lump. 

"Really?" Jungkook asked, gesturing for Jisoo to come in.

"Yeah. My name's actually Hong Jisoo." he said sheepishly placing the ginormous Pikachu next to Hana, who transformed out of the strange lump to hug the plushie.

"Ohhh. That's cool." Jungkook said drying his hair with a towel. "But why do you go by Josh? Isn't that an English name?"

"Yeah. I was actually born in America, so Joshua is my English name." Jisoo said awkwardly scratching his head.

"Oh really? Hana was born in America too! But her English name is the same as her Korean name. lol" Jungkook said throwing his used towel at Hana's face.

"Oppa!" she cried, her voice muffled under the towel.

"We went back and forth from here and America when we were little. Most of our time was spent in Korea though." Jungkook said throwing himself on the couch next to Hana.

"Stop pretending to be all polite and all to eachother. I know you guys are itching to be your normal guy selves, so go ahead. Be free. You'll be seeing a lot of eachother over the next who-knows-how-long anyways." Hana said taking PikaPika and turning around to go to her room.

 Jungkook and Jisoo shared a look before slouching into their normal postures and began to chatter away. Hana roller her eyes and dumped her stuff in her room before grabbing her keys and walking past the boys.

"I'll be with the girls. Most likely at HyunMi's or HeeJin's. Bye!" she shouted over her shoulder as she shoved on her shoes and turned the doorknob. 

"Alright!" Jungkook shouted, both his and Jisoo's attentions turned towards the petite girl standing in the doorway.

They watched as she turned the doorknob and was met with a surprise....a nasty one.

"Hi Hana....long time no see!" 

Hana's mouth dropped open, the keys falling out of her hand. Jungkook jumped up and ran over to the doorway, pushing Hana behind him protectively. Jisoo stood up in shock. 

"Kwon Soonyoung......" Hana whispered in horror.