09 Bubble Bath

To Believe, or Not to Believe

"Bubble by bubble, bubble bubble
You are still there like soap bubbles
Bubble by bubble, after you disappear
I will be clean from hateful you"

~Bubble Bath : Orange Caramel


"Hana! Hana!!!" Jisoo called out as he ran after the two girls down the hallway.
"Yo! Watch where you're going!" a tall male growled, his eyes flashing a slight deep blue and purple tint.
Shocked, Jisoo backed up into another male. 
"Chanyeol-ah, it's not nice to scare people like that." the other male said shaking his head.
Turning towards Jisoo, he stuck his hand out. "I apologize on Chanyeol's behalf. Hi! I'm Minseok!" he said in an amiable way, his eyes flashing a turquoise colour.
"Y-y-you're a wer---" 
Xiumin slapped a hand over Jisoo's mouth, his eyes widening in surprise.
"You're a Guardian Angel?" he hissed, slinging his arm around Jisoo's shoulder in a casual manner.
"Well what about you? You're a werewolf!" Jisoo whispered back, plastering on a very fake smile.
"And I'm a troll!" Chanyeol said gleefully skipping next to them.
"Lower your voice please, Yeol." Minseok said pursing his lips together.
"I'm a troll." Chanyeol whispered again, grinning. 
"You're a transfer student, right?" Minseok asked guiding Jisoo, and Chanyeol, towards a room down the opposite side of the hallway.
"Yeah...why?" Jisoo asked unsurely as Chanyeol ran over to talk to Ye Rin.
"Well...we'll have to get your information and make sure that you're accounted for, as a mystical being of course. Now tell me, do you prefer good, or bad?"
"What?" 
"Nevermind. You'll see." 
Pushing the door open, Minseok led Jisoo into a white, empty room. Closing the door behind him, he turned a dial on the wall, then tapped a brick next to the door. Turning around, he took three steps towards the window, then squatted down and morphed into a grey wolf. He sniffed around, then morphed back into his human form and went to the window. Tapping the bottom window pane three times, he walked back over to Jisoo. 
"Hold on tight." he said, his eyes glinting mischievously.
"What do you mea-WOAHHHHHHH"
The ground disappeared from beneath their feet as the two boys were transported through a tunnel to a secret classroom for mystical beings to roam around freely in their natural form. As the two arrived, Jisoo couldn't help but gape at the sight of Fairies, Trolls, Phoenixes, Werewolves, Vampires, Guardian Angels, and Dragons roaming around with eachother. Minseok morphed into his werewolf form and began to sniff around, as if he was looking for someone. His ears perked up as he caught the familiar scent of the person he was searching for.
"Follow me."
Jisoo followed the fluffy wolf as he wove through the crowd. 
"Your majesty, we have a transfer student who is a Guardian Angel, like yourself. I brought him here for the initiation." Minseok said bowing his fluffy head.
The male sitting on the swivel chair turned around. Seeing who it was, his eyes immediately widened.
"Jisoo Hyung? What are you doing here?" Jungkook hissed, grabbing the older's arm and yanking him aside.
"I don't know...I ran into some troll named Chanyeol, and then Minseok brought me here." he said furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.
"Wait a second...do you know how to morph into your natural form?" Jungkook asked Jisoo, wondering if everything that had happened the night Wonwoo came was really just a dream.
"No....I don't think I do...."
"Wanna try? Here. I'll show you." 
Jungkook stepped back from Jisoo and let out a deep breath. He immediately morphed into his glowing natural form as a royal Guardian Angel. Nodding his head in understanding, Jisoo let out a deep breath and concentrated, trying to summon his natural being. At first, nothing happened. 
"Try thinking about protecting someone that you love." Jungkook suggested.
Taking his advice, Jisoo tried again. He thought about Hana and how HyeJin made her cry. This time, he felt a tingling sensation travel from his heart to the rest of his body, awakening the Guardian Angel inside of him. Suddenly, the world turned into a blinding violet colour as his mystical being's identity merged with the alternate that currently lived inside of him. Turning around, he saw Jungkook and immediately knelt down on one knee, his right arm across his chest.
"Your majesty. Thank you so much for releasing me from the curse." Jisoo said, all of his memories as a Guardian Angel flooding back into his brain.
"What's going on?" asked a tall boy with eyes as black as night.
"I think that's the Guardian Angel that went missing on his search for His Royal Highness." Minseok whispered to the demon beside him.
"What's his name?" a vampire asked, joining the group of males.
Looking over his shoulder to make sure that nobody was listening, Minseok motioned for the guys to gather around him. 
"They say the missing Guardian Angel's name was Special Agent Hong Jisoo."
A gust of icy wind created a shiver to travel its way down the spines of the gossiping boys. 
"You know, it isn't nice to talk about other people." MyungSoo said, shifting from his human form to the form of a Guardian Angel.
"Especially when they're not even 10 meters away from you guys." Taemin said coming out of the hiding place from where he had blown the icy wind.
Scowling, Minseok guiltily glared at the two newcomers who had approached the group.
"What's this? You guys are telling secrets without me? Unfair!" a firey bird whined as it landed in the center of the boys' little circle.
"Joon!" they shouted as fire from the phoenix's wings caught on to their clothing.
"Oops....sorry!" he squeaked, morphing back into his human form.
"Tell them what you told us." WooHyun said, his eyes glowing a blood red colour as his fangs extended out of excitement.
"Calm down Cheese Boy. Don't you think he should tell them once everybody else has gathered?" Hoya, the demon, said looking at the older with a disapproving look.
"Sorry we're late!" 
The boys looked up to see a familiar figure dressed in white scampering over towards them.
"Hyun Mi!!!" WooHyun ran towards his best friend/major-time crush with his arms opened wide.
Shaking his head in disapproval, Myung Soo stepped on WooHyun's cape causing him to lurch backwards and fall on his bottom. Glaring at the shapeshifter who had shifted into an identical version of himself, WooHyun snatched up his cape and turned around to run towards Hyun Mi.
"WooHyun-ah, don't run! You might fall and hurt yourself!" HyunMi shouted as he tripped and fell face first in front of her.
Concerned, Hyun Mi immediately crouched down to check him for injuries.
"Are you hurting anywhere?" she asked checking his face for anything that might scar or blemish his perfection.
"No. But did it hurt you?" Confused, Hyun Mi looked up to find his face only centimeters away from hers.
"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" he asked grinning.
Hyun Mi immediately blushed as the rest of the friends began to gag aggressively. Ignoring his dying friends, Woo Hyun linked his arm around Hyun Mi's and guided her away from the disgusted bunch.
"How can she like something so CHEESY like THAT?" Seul Yi asked, her skin turning a sickly shade of green.
Myung Soo smiled and pulled her close to him, sharing a suggestive look with her in doing so. The two instantly disappeared in a poof, nowhere to be found for the next who knew how long. Xiumin grinned knowingly at HeeJin as the two disappeared into thin air, leaving the remaining friends to stand there awkwardly not knowing what to do or say to each other. 
"Where do you think Myung Soo and Seul Yi went?" Hoya asked staring at the area that the couple had been standing in just a couple minutes ago.
"I have no idea..." Bi Ah said quietly staring at her shoes, Hoya's cold brown eyes softening upon hearing her melodic voice.
She couldn't even begin to imagine the dirty things or non-dirty things that Myung Soo and Seul Yi could be doing. The two were known throughout the mystical world for being the most..... couple.
"I wonder how Hana's doing right now. I can't believe HyeJin did that to her....especially with Jisoo!" HeeJin said angrily scowling.
Xiumin patted her head in agreement. Every mystical being in the school knew of Hana and Jungkook's royal identity. Although Jungkook tried his hardest to have Hana live a normal life, things weren't always quite the way he would have liked them to be...especially Hana's beef with HyeJin.
HyeJin and Hana were best friends in BoomBoom Kindergarten when they were both four years old. They were cubby-mates, neighbours, partners in crime, jump-rope buddies, and even shared the same nap time bed with each other. Growing up, they were inseperable....that is until they entered middle school. HyeJin used to live on Floor 17 along with the rest of the mystical beings that guarded Hana and Jungkook. Her parents were demons, personally sent by the king and queen to protect the Prince and Princess, no matter what the cost would be. Once the girls became middle schoolers, HyeJin realized how different she and Hana really were. She began to care more about her looks and no longer cared about which book was newly released. She started to avoid Hana and began to treat her extremely poorly, often bullying the younger to gain popularity. Hana's life turned upside down in those years -- her best friend betrayed her, the one that she first loved rejected her and moved away before their past relationship could be mended, her grades dropped sufficiently, she lost almost all of her friends, and most importantly, she lost the trust of her older brother. HyeJin had gained so much popularity that she was deemed as the school's queenka, putting her at an equal level to the school's kingka, Jeon Jungkook. During their middle school years, HyeJin had slithered her way into Jungkook's heart and managed to convince him to dislike Hana and to mistreat her at home. She convinced him to change his last name to Jeon so that he wouldn't have to be associated with a loser like her and constantly put Hana in awkwardly embarassing situations. Everyone began to look at Hana with condescending looks that would pierce her fragile heart. Hana had gone through so much because of HyeJin and the scars left by her were almost impossible to mend. Between her childhood friend/first love rejecting her and treating her like trash and her brother believing all the lies and mistreating her, Hana wanted to just run away from everything and die curled up in a hole. Her Floor 17 friends had immediately come up with a plan to get HyeJin's family to move out in order to make Hana's life happier, but things didn't quite work out as they planned to. HyeJin's family did end up leaving the apartment complex, but they didn't move out of the vicinity since her parents still had to protect the royals. As evil as HyeJin turned out to be, her family had never been the ones who had affected her dark transformation. The summer of Jungkook's transition from middle school to high school, he realized that HyeJin had cast a spell on him causing him to hate his sister. He felt extremely apologetic and guilty for treating his sister so terribly and vowed to never fall in love with another demon again. During that summer, the Floor 17 kids, minus Hana, made a pact to create a spell that blocked all other evil spells targeted towards each other. Although they were too late to save Soonyoung/Hoshi, they were able to succeed and protect eachother for the rest of their lives in the mortal world.
Back to the present, Woo Hyun and Hyun Mi had found an area that was unoccupied by the mystical beings -- the janitor's closet.
"I don't understand why they find you so cheesy." Hyun Mi said laughing as she unhooked her arm from Woo Hyun's.
"I don't either! What's so wrong with the way I talk?" Woo Hyun said pouting.
"Well...." Hyun Mi's hesitation caused Woo Hyun to shoot up out of his seat.
"I have a cape! I'm your own personal super hero! There's nothing wrong with the way I talk! Don't even think about saying that there is!" he shouted crossing his arms in a heroic pose.
Hyun Mi laughed. "That's why Woo Hyun...true super heroes don't wear capes!"
Woo Hyun pouted again making Hyun Mi's heart flutter. 
"Besides, you don't need one to be my hero." 
Hearing her words, Woo Hyun let a wide smile creep on to his face before turning around to pull her into a warm hug, his cape surrounding them.
"Then starting today, it's Day 1." he whispered into her ear, sending shivers down her spine.
Smiling shyly, Hyun Mi nodded as she hugged him back.
Suddenly, a poof interrupted the newly born couple revealing the ones. Both Seul Yi and Myung Soo had tangled hair with their cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink. Not wanting to know what happened between the two, Hyun Mi and Woo Hyun raced for the doorknob handle to leave them alone.
"No, guys! It's not what you think!" Seul Yi shouted turning an even brighter shade of pink.
By then, it was too late. WooMi had left the premises and Myung Soo and Seul Yi were left alone again.
"We weren't even doing anything dirty this time!" Seul Yi muttered as she kicked a nearby cleaning detergent bottle.
Turning around, she glared at her boyfriend. "If you hadn't teleported us into that stupid dumpster, we wouldn't be looking like this!"
Dodging her accusing finger, Myung Soo laughed. "But you weren't complaining when we climbed out and found that it was behind a perfume shop!"
Letting out a defeated huff, Seul Yi turned around and finger combed her hair before leaving the closet. 
"Seul Yi, wait up!" 
Slamming the door behind her, Seul Yi stomped down the hallway to the bathroom to get freshened up.
"JOON!" 
The shriek scared Seul Yi, who jumped three feet in to the air and stayed floating out of surprise. Turning around, she saw Hae In chasing a firey figure down the hall. 
"Stop freaking morphing into your mystical form when you're in the mortal part of school!" Hae In hissed as she tried to summon her big time crush down from where he was flying.
Succeeding in her hundreth attempt, her face flushed with satisfaction as he returned to his human form.
"You're so stupid." she said shaking her head with a slight smile.
"But that's why you love meee" Joon said giving her a quick hug before running down the hall.
"YAH!" Hae In chased Joon down the hallway, her face flushed a bright pink colour.
As the two ran down the hallway, they scared yet another couple. 
"OMG WHAT WAS THAT" Ye Rin shouted, her fur bristling as the two shot by. 
"You're still in your Gumiho form...." Chanyeol pointed out as they entered the hallway.
Morphing back into her human form, Ye Rin leaned against Chanyeol with a sigh.
"Why can't we just stay in our mystical form again?" he asked as the two walked down the same hallway that the JooIn couple had ran down just seconds earlier.
Pursing her lips, Ye Rin tried to maintain her calm as she explained it to him for the millionth time that month. "That's because humans have only seen creatures like us in their fairy tale books. If they saw us, they'd try to capture us and stick sharp needles into our skin to perform tests and take our blood." she said using menacing hand gestures to scare him.
Seeing him flinch, she smiled in a slightly satisfied way before turning around to continue walking down the hallway.
"Ye Rin Unnie!" 
Bi Ah ran down the hallway to catch up with HeeJin trailing along after her. 
"What's up?" Ye Rin asked as Chanyeol ran over to catch up with her.
"Channie, can you go find Maerin? I think she's still with Taemin in the mystical classroom." Ye Rin said turning towards him.
Nodding his head, he disappeared into the room that they had come out of just minutes before.
"We have a problem." Bi Ah said panting.
"I left Hana crying in the bathroom earlier to get you guys, but when I just went back with HeeJin, she was gone." Bi Ah said, tears welling up in her eyes.
"I don't want her going through the same trouble as she went through in middle school." HeeJin said, her heart hurting for the younger.
Instantly understanding the situation, Ye Rin ran towards the bathroom that she had seen Seul Yi disappear into just moments before. As the three girls burst into the bathroom, Seul Yi turned around in surprise as Myung Soo ducked into a stall.
"Gross....you guys....please. NOT IN SCHOOL." HeeJin cried covering her eyes.
"It's not what you think!!!" Seul Yi protested, turning red again.
"We'll talk about that later. Hana's missing." Ye Rin said seriously as she opened the door to the stall Myung Soo had hidden in.
"I'll get the guys." Myung Soo said seriously as he grabbed his jacket from the hanging hook on the door.
"Thanks for stitching up my jacket, Seul Yi. You're the best." he said giving his girlfriend a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving the bathroom.
"What's happening?" Maerin shouted as she burst into the bathroom with Taemin and Chanyeol at her heels.
"Your poor wittle baby's missing, of course." an evil voice cackled from the end stall.
The girls looked at eachother in confusion and horror.
"Who are you?" Maerin asked cautiously as she stepped towards the stall.
"Your worst nightmare come true."