Que sera, sera

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A month has passed since Lexi submitted her writings. Although she has prohibited herself from having false hope, daydreaming has become an almost daily routine of hers.

She spent her days studying, reading books, writing essays and working on her Korean. She might not have been scouted by the companies she reached out to, but her writings still gained recognition elsewhere.

SNU Lecture Classroom – 11.20 AM

“Your mid-term exams are around the corner; please make sure to project your inner scholar on your papers. Class dismissed” Pr. Jenkins concluded his lesson.

“Lady Scholar, may I have a word?” he called for Lexi as she was preparing to leave the room.

“Yes, Mr. Jenkins. What can I do for you?” she politely replied, her curiosity being triggered the minute she heard her nickname.

“I am truly amazed by the couple of essays you have submitted so far. I was wondering if it would be alright with you to use them as reviews for the books you read. Of course, your name will be mentioned in full, I just think that it would be a waste to let your papers gather dust” he answered.

“I would be more than honored, sir. I will make sure to bring you the next essay before the due date” she fervently said.

Their talk lasted for about an hour. The wise man admired the way Lexi portrayed her feelings in words, and as he did with all his favorite students, which weren’t many, he encouraged her to reach her full potential and never hold back. While obviously knowing her full name, Pr. Jenkins couldn’t help but find a more suitable nickname for her. Lexi, who always had a thing for labels, did not mind.

Ahjumma Snack Bar – 1.10 PM

Every now and then, Lexi and David would meet at the snack bar which became their official hangout location. The Ahjumma in charge often treated them to free desserts, as the pair was her most loyal customer.

“Alright, what’s today’s lesson?” Lexi asked as David often gave her homework outside the sessions they usually set for Korean lessons.

“You’re supposed to know your pronouns by now” he answered, in a teacher like tone “Give me an example of wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter