Beautiful coincidences

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul National University – 7.55 AM

As school officially started, Lexi rushed to class, barely making it in time for introductions. She wasn’t a fan of social interaction, she fled her social life back home and she wasn’t planning to get one here either; she barely survived integration week, being mandatory for freshmen. Her sole focus was herself and she was planning to make the most of it, for as long as her stay in Seoul lasted.

She took a seat in the front row, put down her Literature books and grabbed a pen for notes. The classroom was an escapade itself: People from all around the world joined this English course; she almost forgot that she was in a foreign country herself. Professor Jenkins, just like his students, bore a different ethnicity: a British man in his late sixties, old of age but with a vivid spirit. His love for Literature might just be the reason he was so full of life, even when life itself has started giving up on him.

“Good morning class, my name is Abraham Jenkins and I will be teaching your English course” he presented himself while scanning the students “You will be seeing more of me than you’d like to this year, so I suggest you make the most of your classes. Literature is not about reading or writing, nor copying or memorizing; it’s about feeling. Literature is art, a reflection of your state of mind; let it be your mirror and guide you towards your inner scholar” he finished his speech as he handed out the semester’s program to the first row and asked for it to be passed around to the rest of the class.

After doing so, Lexi carefully observed her calendar: Mornings only, perfect. Although sleeping in would no longer be an option, she was glad she could enjoy her day to the fullest.

“Before anyone of you asks: no, you will not have homework. You’re adults and you came here to learn, therefore I hope that you will not disappoint nor be disappointed. Furthermore, your essays will determine whether you’ll pass my course or not when you take your final exams. However, for the enthusiasts amongst you, a bonus research paper on the book of your choice might earn you extra points; remember, I want you to portray what you feel from the content, not what the book wants you to feel” he abruptly spoke his mind before dismissing the class.

SNU Library – 10.13 AM

The first class was already o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter