Confessions

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Breathless, the lovers lay down next to each other after their first night together. Namjoon lied on his side and put Lexi's back to his upper body, and then he put his arm around her waist and interlocked their legs, pulling her closer to him. Although her eyes were closed, he could tell that she hasn't fallen asleep just yet.

"Jagi, are you still awake?" He asked, sensing her heavy breathing.

"Yes" she sighed "I can't sleep".

Bringing her closer against his chest, he kissed her temple "Alexandra, don't think about it too much".

Using his husky voice, he sung a verse of Monterlude which serenaded her to sleep.

The couple woke up tangled in each other's embrace the next morning. Soon enough, Namjoon hopped in the shower while Lexi was still lazed around in bed. She eventually left the mattress to pack the rest of her things while waiting for the shower to clear. Once everything was set, the pair got dressed and brought the luggage outside: Room 613 was closed shut, once and for all.

Lexi dragged her tail to the waiting car outside. The idea of letting everything go and just staying put crossed her mind several times. As if he was reading her thoughts, Namjoon held her hand, fingers interlocked, and gave her a smile of hope "Don't overthink it, we'll be fine".

The ride to the airport was silent. Lexi rested her head on Namjoon’s shoulder seeking comfort, not letting go of his hand. For a second, she forgot about her new destination; she kept wishing for this moment to last forever. As Kim Suro-ssi hit the brakes announcing their arrival to the destination, Lexi let out a pained sigh: It was time to say goodbye.

Before exiting the car, she opened her backpack and pulled out her most prized possession "Here, I want you to have this. It has every draft I've ever written; including the songs we worked on together during my training period".

Touched by her bestowal, Namjoon was still reluctant to take it "This is your life's work. Are you sure about this?"

"Namjoon" she gazed at him with sparkling eyes "I'm positive. I have never felt more alive like I did with you, this journal belongs with you. Don't forget about me, all right?"

"This isn’t farewell, Alexandra" he stated "I will wait for you. And when we find each other again, I will give this back to you. You belong with me".

Hearing his words brought tears to her eyes. She placed her hand on his chest, feeling his beating heart "Two years is a long time, Namjoon. A lot can happen in two years and I don't want you to cling to something you might regret later on. I've been in your shoes before and I couldn't put my life on hold; it would be unfair of me to ask you to do the same".

"I am merely putting my heart on hold, and you're worth the wait. I also know that you believe in us just as much as I do, the tears in your eyes are solid proof". Tucking her flowy locks behind her ears, Namjoon placed his hand on the back of Lexi’s neck and brought her closer to him, initiating a goodbye kiss. He then brushed his lips against her forehead "Come back to me, Alexandra. Be well".

 Two years later

Two years has gone by fast. BTS' last comeback topped charts, dominated music show wins and granted them a Daesang award. On top of this, they gratified international fans with their first world tour. Sunnie's album release earned her a spot in the rap scene. She often contacted Lexi for a quick read, a lyrical evaluation or simple advice. The ladies re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter