Embracing life

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Numerous weeks have passed. Immersed in her recent agenda, Lexi’s new schedule consisted of studying for exams and engaging in her new training program. Eating and sleeping were optional.

BIGHIT Recording Studio – 2.18 PM

Every day, for eight continuous hours, Lexi would take on her training routine, starting with freestyling exercises as soon as she set foot in the studio. To help her work on her lyrical flow, Namjoon made her listen to a single instrumental track on repeat for a whole hour before giving her the cue to start writing. Furthermore, in order to improve her storytelling, he would assign her with a specific topic, allowing her to brainstorm accordingly. The most important lesson was articulation: she had to work on her pronunciation when writing a compilation of fast verses without missing a single word.

The sofa was Lexi’s work zone. Scattering all her papers on the coffee table, she put on her earphones, played her favorite piece “Auditory Hallucination”, and started her homework instantly. Had it not been for Namjoon who constantly reminded her to take a break, she’d often forget to feed herself. At times, she even used her lunchtime to study a bit for her exams; which made her coach drag her out of the room and lock her outside, forcing her to rest. When her training session ended, she would immediately grab her English books to study for a couple of hours before going back home, since she was unable to resist sleep once she spotted her bed.

During training, Namjoon was charismatic. He conveyed his lessons in a smooth and appealing way, making it more fun than actual labor. His English accent was music to her ears, and she would often find herself out of focus, bedazzled by his presence. But once they left the studio, he was a completely different person: his charisma fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter