The ultimate gift

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Present day

A month has passed since Lexi came back to Korea. She has been yearning for the soul city, her rightful home. Getting back with Namjoon after being away for so long, retrieving her contract with BIGHIT Entertainment and working on her book’s Korean version were the main pillars of her current life: Everything fit altogether like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

BIGHIT Entertainment, 7th floor – 2.18 PM

Lexi wrapped up her work in the studio with Sunnie and headed upstairs. She often visited Namjoon at work since he rarely came down due to his busy schedule. On the plus side, the fact that she got acquainted with the other members allowed her to be more comfortable in their presence: the maknae line was the closest to her and they eagerly waited for her visit as much as their leader did.

Upon accessing the floor, Lexi found her partner in the recording room concentrated on a draft while blasting his headphones with a fresh beat. She approached him and slowly removed his headphones "Ramonie, are you all set? It's time".

Realizing that the thought has totally slipped his mind, Namjoon tried to buy himself some time "In a minute, Jagi. I just need to get this checked …"

"... After we get back" Lexi grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the room "We have been planning this for a long time, I am not cancelling again".

Namjoon tried to plead his case but his words failed him. He couldn't even tell her that he hasn't packed yet "B-But Jagi, I still haven’t ..."

"Jagi asked Jin-ssi to pack a bag for you because Jagi knew that you will forget, yet again" she lovingly jested him "Kaja! The plane leaves in a couple of hours. We still need to check-in and you know how much I hate to wait in line".

Lexi has been planning a getaway vacation with Namjoon for weeks. But every time a commercial film or a photoshoot popped up, they had to reschedule. They haven't had some alone time since they reunited outside the country, and an intimate weekend is exactly what they needed.

Jeju Island, The suites Hotel – 3.09 PM

The flight to Jeju only took an hour but the couple fell asleep the minute they boarded the plane. Their busy schedule didn't help much either as it drained them from their energy: all they had in mind at the moment was to get to their destination and sleep it off.

The pair checked-in once they arrived at the hotel; their room was set on the 20th floor. As they accessed the elevator, Namjoon sighed "It's going to be a long way until we reach our room".

"I can think of a thing or two to pass the time" Lexi winked at him deviously.

Smirking at her plea, Namjoon crudely approached Lexi, pinning her against the wall right under the elevator's camera. With both of his hands on her hips, he leaned towards her until his lips met her neck and gently on her skin, leaving a hickey on the spot. Lexi bit her lower lip and placed her arms around his waist, pulling him closer by his rear. Grinning at her gesture, Namjoon lifted her and put her legs around him, then drew her in for a peck. The couple lost each other in a lustful wet kiss until they reached their floor.

As the elevator's doors opened, Namjoon and Lexi chuckled at their little venture; he then slowly put her down and held her hand while exiting the elevator. Lexi raced Namjoon to the room and motioned him to chase after her.

Upon entering room 1209, they gasped at the interior design. Lexi has made sure to get her hands on the best room in the hotel: a VIP suite that contained various areas: in addition to the main bedroom, the place included a sitting room positioned in front of the fire place and a small dining room set on the balcony. At the far end of the room, a Jacuzzi was built and fully equipped.

"Ouah! Jinjja Ipeoda!" Lexi exclaimed "If only we could spend the whole weekend indoors".

"That can be arranged" Namjoon winked at her.

Lexi met his answer with a light smirk “But first, let’s get something to eat. I’m starving”.

While she called room service to order lunch, Namjoon threw himself on the bed and sunk in the softness of the silk sheets. Soon after their luggage arrived from the front desk, Lexi opened her bag and picked a towel.

"Babe, I am going to clean up. Get the door when food arrives, okay?" She requested.

"Arasseo" Namjoon replied.

Once Lexi left the room, he grabbed the phone and called the room service back "Annyeonghaseyo. We just ordered food a few minutes ago; could you please postpone it for a couple of hours? We'd like to make it an early dinner. Kamsahamnida".

Namjoon took his clothes off, keeping only his briefs, and headed to the bathroom. When he opened the door, his partner was wearing nothing but her underwear and facing the mirror.

“Hey Jagi, can I join you?” he glanced at her silhouette with desire, hoping for an invitation.

“Not now Namjoonah” Lexi stared at his reflection through the looking-glass “I just want to take a quick shower and rest”.

Namjoon stood behind her and placed his hands on either side of her arms. While gazing at her image in the mirror, he smoothly loosened her bra straps and watched them fall off her shoulders. Coming near her ear lobe, he softly whispered “It won’t take long, I promise”.

 Two days later

Once their romantic weekend came to an end, the lovebirds showed up at the company first thing in the morning. While Namjoon went straight to the recording room to resume his work, Lexi headed to the cafeteria for a fresh drink before meeting up with Sunnie. Upon accessing the site, she spotted the dance line at the checkout.

BIGHIT Cafeteria – 9.01 AM

“Good morning boys” she waved at them from afar “Are you here for breakfast?”

“Hello Noona” Jungkook greeted her back “We’re actually taking a break from our dance practice”.

Lexi glanced at the boys in amazement “This early? It’s barely 9 AM!”

“If we don’t work hard, there won’t be good results” J-Hope intervened.

“We were about to sit. Noona, please Join us” Jimin offered; the other members nodded in agreement.

Lexi accepted the boys’ offer “Komaweo Jiminah. So where do you guys usually sit?”

The group grabbed their respective seats at a table near the cafeteria’s main door. Hoping to start an exciting chatter, V deliberately asked “Noona, how was your weekend? What were you guys up to in Jeju?”

"Ya taehyungah !" J-hope scolded him "You can't ask Lexi-ssi that, it's personal".

"Kwenchana, Hobbie" Lexi assured him "Jeju was refreshing. It was exactly what we expected, thank you Taehyungie. How was yours boys?”

One by one, the members told Lexi about their time off: V caught up with his animes while Jungkook went back to drawing, which he hasn’t done in a while. On the other hand, Jimin and J-hope spent the weekend in the dance studio, working on a potential new choreography.

The conversation lasted for a while; Lexi could tell that the members enjoyed talking to her as much as she enjoyed listening to them. She had a lot on her mind lately and her little chatter with the boys finally helped her come to a decision after a long disarray.

“I’m sorry guys, I just remembered something. I have to go” she abruptly stood, startling the boys.

“Is everything alright Noona?” Jimin hastily inquired.

“Everything is fine Jiminah, don’t worry” she patted him on the shoulder “I’ll tell you all about it when the time is right”.

Upon leaving the cafeteria, she turned back and called out the maknae “By the way Jungkookie, I dropped by Yogorino before I got here this morning; I brought you a little treat with me”.

“Iceu Cream? Ouah Noona, Jeongmal komaweoyo!” Jungkook cheered.

His reaction drew a smile on Lexi’s face “I sent it upstairs with Namjoon. I hope you like cookie and cream flavor”.

BIGHIT, Main floor – 10.13 AM

Lexi headed to the lobby and called the elevator. After her talk with the boys, she eventually managed to make up her mind about an issue that has been eating her up for weeks now. As the elevator’s doors opened, she found a tardy Seokjin coming up from the parking lot. “Going up?” the visual greeted her with a friendly nod.

“Ah Jin-ssi! It’s a good thing I ran into you” she rejoiced at his sight “I need your help with something”.

“Nae Lexi” Jin smiled “What can I do for you?"

Lexi took a deep breath before revealing her request “How familiar are you with dinner parties?”

 One week forward

BIGHIT Entertainment, 7th floor – 4.12 PM

Unlike its usual state, the BTS floor was pretty calm. Namjoon locked himself in the isolation booth as he was recording a track for his second mixtape. Once he wrapped up his work, he searched for his hyungs in the other rooms but none of them were anywhere to be found: all of the members deserted the area.

“That’s weird, I just heard V’s alien laugh an hour ago. Where did everybody go?” he shrugged.

Unaware of the reason behind their absence, Namjoon went to the studio downstairs to check up on Lexi but she wasn’t around either. As he was about to leave, Sunnie arrived.

"Annyeonghaseyo Namjoon-ssi, are you looking for Unnie?" She asked.

"Nae" he responded "She's usually on time. Do you know where she could be?"

"Her publicist just called and requested her presence” Shinah divulged “The Korean print of her book will be finalized today".

"Ah mansae !” Namjoon shouted “Did she tell you when she will return?"

"Mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter