The heart of Seoul

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blue skies, warm sunshine … Lexi enjoyed the new scenery so much that she almost forgot she had company.

“Am I boring you?” David asked, noticing that she had stopped paying attention to his tour speech.

“Not at all, I was just admiring the view. No wonder they call it the soul city, you can feel its purity within the surroundings” she smiled, her facial expressions were portraying her amazement with the new environment.

“Speaking of views, care for a meal on the roof of a skyscraper?” he suggested, realizing they have been walking for quite some time, forgetting about lunch altogether.

“Food, the second thing that brought me to this country! Lead the way” she ecstatically replied.

Skyscraper Restaurant – 2.18 PM

Just as David promised, the view from one of the highest buildings of the city was simply beautiful. Lexi could still feel the rush of Seoul’s heart reach her as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, tilting her head back just enough to feel levitated. In that moment, she didn’t have a single care in the world: in that moment, she was free.

“So David, what’s your Korean name?” she curiously asked soon after the waiter took both of their orders.

“Lee Jae Suk. When I went abroad for college I acquired the name “David”, it was easier to pronounce” he explained before asking what Lexi stood for.

“It’s short for Alexandra, I’ve had this nickname for as long as I could remember” she explained

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter