Where it all started

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was young, she was bright, and she was full of life … until she was no more.

As a lonely child, her mother was her sister, her companion, her best friend. Being the youngest graduate of her high school, she aimed high and always succeeded. Dentistry was her father’s wish, and she would do anything to draw a smile on his face; she would do anything to please her parents.

A straight A’s student, Lexi was good at whatever she did. It might not have been what her heart desired, but that didn’t stop her from going all the way. During her five years in dental school, she met a lot of people and made a lot of friends, but it wasn’t until she met him that she felt alive, for the first time in her life. Jackson was every girl’s ideal type, but most importantly she was his. Best friends since their first class, they ended up crowning their friendship with a of romance on graduation day, allowing their feelings to intertwine and embracing their love for each other. Her parents were proud, her future was secured, and her heart was dominated.

However, all of this was too good to last. As her mother fell ill, Lexi’s world crumbled around her. She’d spend her days working in the clinic, and her nights by her mother’s side; her father was away for work most of the time, which interfered with his wish to look after his wife. Jackson, on the other hand, was her sole consolation: he was the best boyfriend she could ever dream of, especially when he showed his support in such harsh times. He would often check on her and her mother, and sometimes cover her shifts allowing her to leave early. When he didn’t know what to do to make her feel better, a simple hug would suffice.

It took her mother a good year to recover, and with that, Lexi’s will to live sprang once more. She’d spend most of her time daydreaming about what her life would be like, had she chosen to go down a different path. On her darkest moments, she would confide in her journal, a gray binder her mother picked for her during her school years, writing down everything that came to her mind. She loved writing more than anything in the world, but according to her father, a hobby can never replace a real job. Unfortunately, Jackson shared her father’s point of view, which saddened her already aching heart. With time, she lost interest in her job; cavities and scale were not something to be excited about on a daily basis, and she wouldn’t even consider applying for a post-doctoral program because she never felt passionate about it. Her passion accompanied her pen, her words, and her inner state

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter