Courage

A Warzone Fairytale

It was math and you bit on your pencil, trying to concentrate.

"x to the power of 2 plus 2ab plus c equals to 42 but if a is 8 and b squared plus a plus.............." You mumured  as you scratched your head with the pencil.

"My Hana is so cute, aigoo." Sungyeol leaned across and ruffled your hair. "Stop it, my hair." You smoothed it down and turned to L.

"Hey." You poked his lifeless arm. He didn't turn away from the windowe.

"Yah!" You continued to poke him endlessly. He finally turned and pushed your arm away, causing your pencil to fly and hit Sungyeol's head. "Rude." You narrowed your eyes at L.

He continued to glare at you and both of you engaged in a staring competition. Your heart skipped a beat lightly as you looked into his eyes, noticing how nice they were.

His frown gradually disappeared.

"That hurt, you know." Sungyeol suddenly voiced out, causing both of you to snap into reality. "Give it, Sungyeol!"

You leaned across the aisle and tried to grab your pencil but Sungyeol held it up high. You tried again but he dodged your hands. You started to giggled and just as you stood up to end this game once and for all, Mrs Kim yelled. "SIT DOWN!"

~

It was Gifted and Talented period, where there were no teachers in class and student self revised. Suddenly, a group of boys barged into your class and they scowled, looking around.

L stiffened and his fists clenched. Sungyeol stood up and cracked his knuckles. "Finally, some drama." Taeyeon grinned and sat back, relaxing though the atmosphere was tensed.

Your eyes went wide as saucers.

"Yah Infinite!" A guy with orange hair pointed and his eyes squinted. "Kim Myungsoo, prepare for your funeral!" He pointed to L.

*Infinite?! All these while I was sitting between two of them?! But.......* Sungyeol threw his chair across the room, causing everyone to dodge and scream, breaking your train of thoughts.

"Omo, how crude." Jessica placed her hand on her chest and gasped.

"Outside." L growled. It was the first time you heard him talk in the whole day.

 

~

Students gathered along the hallway, chanting for Infinite. You stood at the classroom door, watching. In a split second, L.Joe flung himself at L, who kicked him in the gut, pushing him away forcefully.

The rest of Infinite backed him up by hitting the other gang.

Your hands clenched as you continued to watch on. *Where are the effin teachers when you need them?!*

L turned and threw a erpunch at Chunji's face, causing him to fall on the ground. L sat on Chunji and started taunting him.

"How dare you come to our school." -throws a punch - "You hurt L.Joe's sister!!!!" Chunji growled fiercely. L tilted his head before putting back a scowl on his face. "Get your ing facts right before barging into our territory. I'm gonna you up so badly your mum wouldn't recognize you."

Your eyes widened as you saw L.Joe behind L, holding a glass bottle, preparing to swing at him.

"L!!" Sungyeol yelled.

~

You stopped thinking and sprinted forward, pushing past the chanting crowd which was oblivious to L.Joe.

As L turned, it was almost too late. You flung yourself on him to shield him.

"L.JOE STOP!" Changjo screamed. You closed your eyes hard and waited for impact but it never came.

Slowly opening them again, you turned and the bottle was an inch from your face. L.Joe's eyes widened and his lips parted. The hallway became a deafening silence.

You grabbed the bottle from L.Joe and stood up.

"You could've killed him."

His head bobbed forward and he narrowed his eyes. "That was my motive. Who the heck are you?!"

You smirked. "I'm Kim ing Hana so who the are you? A murderer?"

Everybody gaped at your courage. Nobody stood up to L.Joe.

"Oh my poor baby!!!" Sungyeol ran to you and hugged and squished you tightly. "Ooomfpfihs GET OFF OF ME SUNGYEOL"

"You must have been SO scared!" He faked sob.

After a strong struggle, you pushed Sungyeol away and shoved the bottle into L.Joe's hands.

"Nice hair." You grinned and turned to help L up. L flinched and pushed your arm away, rejecting your help.

"L.Joe, let's leave." Teentop gathered and turned to leave. "Not letting you off next time, you sick bastard." L.Joe told L before he left.

L wiped his bleeding lip with his thumb. Students slowly shuffled back into their classrooms, still awed.

Infinite soon disappeared down the hallway, leaving you standing alone, sighing.

"I don't think he appreciated your nosiness. Stay out of his business for your own good." Taeyeon hissed into your ear, her face red with rage.

~

After your co-curriculums, it was 6PM and the school was practically empty. You shuffled out the school doors, entering a big cemented area which you had to cross in order to reach the school gate.

Just then, you saw a figure lying on the stone bench and cautiously approached it.

"L?" You mumbled as you caught a glimpse of his face.

No sign of movement.

Seeing his bloody lips, your hand automatically reached out. Once your fingers came in contact, his eyes shot wide open and he sat up, gripping your wrist with a scowl on his face.

You flinched at the pain and he let go.

"Gwenchana?" You tried to ask.

He just stared at you with his dead looking eyes. *Forget it.* You turned and walked away.

"You should've have done that." His voice rang out.

Smiling, you turned back and plopped down on the stone bench beside him. "Worried about me huh?" You nudged him playfully and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously, just mind your own business."

You frowned at his hostility and crossed your arms. Pouting, you stood up and went in front of him. "Prude." You stuck your tongue out and his eyebrows raised, amused.

His lips quirked up and he looked away, Your heart raced upon seeing his smile.

"Where did you get that courage of yours?" He picked his fingernails, not looking at you.

"Secret." You whispered and smirked. "You're not in a gang, are you." L spouted out disbelievingly.

You hesitated before giving a definite answer. "O-of course not."

Your phone rang and you jumped in shock. "Bye." You muttered and walked away.

 

*Thanks.* L thought as his small smile faded.