Reconciliation

A Warzone Fairytale

"A $1 single scoop cookie dough ice cream. Kamsahamnida." Myungsoo pointed to the glass.

He put a note on the counter and took the ice cream from the girl who was serving at the ice cream booth.

As he turned, his eyes locked at a figure standing across the street, leaning at the lampost, head down, scrolling through her phone.

She had thick dark hair, and she was a little short. Myungsoo dropped his ice cream. He turned back to the table his mates were sitting at.

"IT'S HER, GUYS. OVER THERE." He pointed.

Their heads whipped up and looked at where he was pointed at. "What? Who? Where?" Woohyun stretched his neck and looked around.

Myungsoo again turned. Gone.

 

~

 

 

"WHAT? NO. NO. NO. NO. NO NO NONONONONONONO"

Sungyeol shook Sunggyu's shoulders. "CALM DOWN."

"NONONONONONONOONO."

"Yeah man, what're you guys thinking? Have you forgotten what she said? Never enter her gang's hangout place since it's full of secrets. She'll kill us. SHE'LL COME BACK AS A GHOST AND KILL US!!!" Woohyun cowered and yelled.

Myungsoo slapped him playfully. "It's the only place we havent looked. And I know she's alive, I saw her."

"Sometimes when someone wants to see something so badly, they believe they really see it even though it's not there." Dongwoo continued. "Why can't you guys just accept the fact that she's gone? I miss her but...she's gone. Let's just let it go." He said softly.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and clenched his fists out of irritation. He couldn't care anymore. All he wanted was to see you again.

He and Sungyeol both kicked the door down.

". . . . We die. We die. We die." Hoya muttered to himself.

Everyone was pulled into the crib and they looked around, aghast.

"Wad....da.....fu...."

 

There were unicorns and rainbows hanging from the ceiling, the whole place was pink, even the PlayStation was weirdly pink, the wals were pink, and the weirder part was, there were 8 girls, wearing casual clothes, masks off, playing twister.

They stood up and brushed their clothes down, staring at Infinite with looks that said 'I-will-ing-kill-you-for-breaking-my-door'.

And you were there. Panicking.

"Ohhhhhhhh ."

Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at you, but deep inside, he was happy.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS YOU CALL YOUR SECRET HANGOUT PLACE?!!? THIS IS A FREAKING PRESCHOOL PL---" Sungjong got interrupted but Sunggyu, whose hands slapped over his mouth.

 

 

 

Infinite and you sat around in a circle silently. "Look, I can explain. My dad....he...he stopped me from coming to see you guys."

"You could've tried to contact us." Myungsoo growled angrily. "I...I can't."

"I would try if I were you. You worried the out of us. Why? Why did they...why did they wanna kill you? I mean X. I mean....You know."

You shook your head as tears formed in your eyes. "Their father....Their father was the one who killed my mum. After knowing this my dad went out of control, he just malfunctioned and he destroyed the 6 boys' family. They became orphans at 13. They never forgave me, or my dad."

Sungyeol pouted and hugged you tightly.

"Come back to school. We'll protect you, we swear." Woohyun persuaded.

 

~

 

You walked along the streets of Central Seoul with Myungsoo beside you. It was a comfortable silence. "I'm sorry." He blurted out all of a sudden.

You stopped and widened your eyes. "Mwoh?"

"I should've protected you." His head dropped down sadly. "I really missed having you around."

A smile formed on your face. You fished out a lollipop from your pocket and put it in his hands. "I owe you 5 months of lollipops, dont I?" You shrugged with a grin on your face.

His lips tilted up and he chuckled. "Yeah. You do." Both your hearts pounded with passion.

" I still hate you, you know. It will never change." Myungsoo broke  the moment and he started to walk away.

You scoffed. "Come at me, I'll show you who's boss!!" You ran after him, laughing.