Carnival Barnival

A Warzone Fairytale

"Thanks Byunghun. I had a great time." You smiled as you stood at your doorstep. "Hey, no problem. So...I guess this is goodbye?" He pouted.

You shrugged. "See you around."

"The next time we see each other, it'll probably be a gang fight." He smirked, shoving his hands into his pockets. "But promise me, we'll still be friends."

*Aww.* "Of course." You nodded.

 

 

 

~

 

 

Myungsoo laid on his bed, thinking about today. He thought about the laughter and smile you had around L.Joe and how your eyes sparkled whenever L.Joe's eyes met yours.

He tossed and turned, kicking off his blanket in frustration. He couldn't sleep at all.

A few hours later, his eyes finally closed. *It's 3.23AM now Hana, and I miss you.*

 

 

~

 

 

Your mouth was opened and you drooled a little, your eyes were half open and your head was resting on your palm with your arm propped up on the table by your elbow.

Myungsoo glanced at you and let out a small laugh. He covered his smile with his hand as he continued to laugh at your face in his mind.

"Is she even awake?" Hoya nudged Sungyeol and whispered while pointing at you.

Sungyeol shrugged and laughed.

"Miss Kim Hana, could you please read this short passage for us?" The english teacher looked at you, not aware that you were actually asleep.

The classroom went silent as everybody turned to stare at you.

.

..

"Kim Hana!" The teacher tapped her foot impatiently.

"Er, she sleeps with her eyes open." Myungsoo raised his hand and told her while snickering.

 

 

After school, everybody was planning to hang out but you decided against it. You had your reasons.

Your phone vibrated and you read a new message.

 

From : Candycane Shopping Blogshop

Hello dear customer, happy birthday! Please come down to our shop at South Seoul Town, Block 500, #09-2094, Korea 483959 to retrieve your free voucher of $50. Thank you and have a great birthday.

 

Just as you walked out of the school gates smiling to your phone, Myungsoo pulled you by the arm and whipped you around to face him. Your eyes widened with curiousity.

"I....I need to say something." He stuttered softly.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a white plastic watch. "It's not an expensive gift but I hope it counts. Happy Birthday."

Your heart fluttered at every word he said. "You remembered." You muttered. "Even my dad doesn't remember....."

"Hey, how long have we been friends?" He put the watch in your hand and asked. "Five...." You muttered as you softly smiled at the watch in your hand.

"I hate you." Myungsoo patted your head and pulled you into a hug. "I hate you too." You closed your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his waist.

"Come on, let's go somewhere." Myungsoo pulled apart from you and grabbed your hands.

 

 

 

~

 

 

Both of you took a train out of Seoul Village, into the city. He was quiet and reserved the whole time, just tossing you several glances along the way.

 

As the two of you entered a massive carnival, your jaw dropped at how magnificent it looks. For a small town girl, carnivals over at the city were way bigger than those small little funfairs held at Seoul Town.

Even the people were dressed like they were modelling for a photoshoot in the city. Over at where you lived, all of you were satisfied in t-shirts and hoodies.

You both went on the rollercoaster ride, The Inverter first. You screamed your head off in glee and waved your arms in the air as the ride went up down left right and spin 180 degrees. Myungsoo was quiet but he looked like he was going to vomit.

You insisted on sitting the ride 5 more times.

After both of you finally came down from the ride, Myungsoo stumbled out dizzily. His cheeks puffed out and his face went green. You patted his back and guffawed hysterically at him.

"You are such a sissy." You continued to point and laugh at him.

After he puked his guts out in the toilet, both of you decided to get something to eat. You passed by an accessories booth and something caught your eye.

You stared at it longingly and picked it up.

Trying it on your head, the pretty hairband decorated with a furry accessory fitted perfectly. "How much?" You pointed it and asked the salesgirl.

Myungsoo watched quietly from a few metres behind you. "$13." The salesgirl glanced up from her magazine and bitterly told you the price.

"Oh." You took the hairband off and placed it back.  *Too expensive.*

 

You ran back to Myungsoo and shrugged. "Nothing caught my eye. Let's go." You pulled his arm towards the candy floss booth.

"Mmmm." You ate the candy floss and your lips in delight, closing your eyes to savour the strawberry flavour. You opened your eyes to find that Myungsoo disappeared.

"What the........." You looked from left to right.

You finished your candy floss quickly but Myungsoo wasn't back yet. After waiting a while, you grew impatient and started to spam on his phone. Just then, you saw him walking hastily towards you wtih his head looking down.

A prank formed in your head and your rubbed your hands cheekily as you quickly ran behind a wall to hide.

He reached the table and looked up but he couldn't find you. He sat down and sighed, waiting.

After 5 minutes, he tapped his foot and deleted all your spam.

 

To : Hana <3

Yah, where are you?!

 

He slightly blushed at the contact name he gave you. *Nobody shall ever find out about this.*

 

 

From : Hana <3

Myungsoo....HELP!

 

"Kekekekekkekeekekekkeekeekhehehehehe" You laughed to yourself softly as you watched his expression change.

He stood up so fast that his chair toppled down and shoved something inside his coat pocket.  You followed him as he ran around looking for you. He didn't give up calling you till you finally turned your phone off.

"Did you see a girl wearing this uniform, and about this height, and um...long black hair?" He started to panic and asked the strangers in the carnival. They shot him weird looks and shook their head, hurrying away.

 

*Hana, please be safe.* He prayed hard.

He soon walked out of the carnival and ran around the street shouting your name. You giggled at how your prank was working so well, but you grew tired of following him around and decided to drop the game.

 

"Kim Myungsoo!" You yelled.

He whipped around and he softened. His eyes glistened and he ran towards you, gripping your wrist harshly. "Where were you?!" He yelled right into your face. "Behind you the whole time." You blurted out and chuckled to yourself, not expecting his next reaction.

He slammed you against the wall, not caring that a crowd was slowly gathering.

"It was a joke?" His voice was rusty and low. You swallowed your saliva but your throat was still dry from fear. His eyes narrowed and he gripped onto your wrist even harder, causing you to yelp.

You nodded slowly. You saw his expression harden and he bit his lip. His grip just weny tighter and tighter every second that you felt all the veins in your wrist were gonna explode.

Your face cringed in pain and a tear was begging to roll out of your eyes.

"It's not a very funny joke." He whispered.

 

Just then, an old ahjumma whacked his back with her walking stick. "You ert! Byuntae! Byuntae! How dare you try to molest a girl out here in broad daylight! What school are you from? Byuntae!" She yelled as she continued to hit him with her walking stick.

Myungsoo dodged and pulled you, running all the way to the train station. "Crazy old hag." He muttered as he brushed his uniform down.

Both of you entered the train and sat donw beside each other quietly. As you thought about what happened, you started to burst into laughter.

Myungsoo scoffed as he shot you a weird look. "I'm still angry by the way." He ruffled his hair and leaned back on the train bench.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know you would be so scared."

"I wasn't scared, I was worried."

You softened at his words. Unknowingly, you started to cry. His eyes widened and wiped your tears with his thumb. "M-Mianhae, I didn't mean to make you cry."

"No...I'm crying because I'm happy. Nobody has ever been so worried about me. Thanks." You smiled through your tears.
 

 

 

~

 

 

 

It was 6PM by the time both of you arrived back at Central Seoul Town. Myungsoo walked beside you slowly as he rubbed his sore back. "That old hag has got some massive strength in her...." He muttered under his breath.

"I had a great birthday. Thanks. Maybe I'll come over tomorrow and the 7 of you could help me celebrate again." You smiled at Myungsoo.

He turned his head and gave a nod. Hhe suddenly stopped you and you turned to face him. He fished out something from his pocket and put something on your head.

"It's the hairband you liked."

You couldn't explain that warm feeling in your heart. You softly touched the furry hairband with your fingers.

 

"YAH! KIM HANA! GET YOUR BACK HOME NOW!"

You looked up, jumping back a little. "O-o-omma...."

"How many times must I tell you I'M NOT YOUR OMMA?! Stop calling me that. Your omma IS DEAD. NOW GET YOUR BACK HOME AND CLEAN THE HOUSE AND DO THE LAUNDRY YOU PABO." Your stepmom yelled, a few feet away from you.

"Well, see you tomorrow." Myungsoo put his hands inside his pocket and turned around, strolling back to his crib.