Assault

A Warzone Fairytale

 

 

 

L's sight never left you since this morning. He kept frowning, then stop, then frown again, then stop, with an occasional tilt of his head.

You were working on a Chemistry question while he was dazing out of the window. Suddenly, someone poked a finger harshly at your ribs.

Before you could think, your reflexes got the better of you. You grabbed the wrist of the person who "attacked" you and twist his whole arm.

Sungyeol yelled in pain, contorting his face. Mrs Dong turned around from the whiteboard and you quickly let go of his wrist. Your eyes widened and you cursed under your breath.

"Who was that?! No yelling in my class." Mrs Dong warned before turning back to write on the whiteboard. You meekly eyed L with the corner of your eyes and bit your lips.

His eyes met yours and both of you looked away quickly.

"Stupid girl Kim Hana.......................IT HURTS!!" Sungyeol whisper-yelled.

After a minute, L couldn't take his curiousity any longer.

"Hey, you know my friend, X?" He asked without looking at you while doodling on his notebook. You flinched a little and breathed heavily. "N-Ne...Why?"

"Her mother got killed by an enemy of X's dad. It's pretty sad, ain't it?" He murmured while doodling a pig on the notebook.

You shrugged, wondering why he was telling you that. "Yeah..... She got killed just so the other gang could take her daughter for hostage and raise her as a gangster so she would turn herself against her own father. Selfish." You spat out with uncontrolling emotions.

L turned his head slowly, startled by what you said. "W-wait. I never said anything about why her mother was killed."

You jumped a little and your heart beat faster. "Oh. I went to google her." You faked a smile and nodded your head furiously before going back to your notebook and pretend to think hard about a science question.

 

~

After school, you planned on visiting your aunt. She lives in the South part of Seoul, which was an outskirt of the city. You swung your arms back and forth while humming a merry melody, skipping down the road.

"Hey aunt!" You yelled out loudly as you barged into the store, grinning.

"My dear niece! Finally!" Your aunt went around her cashier counter to hug you tightly. "How are you?" Her voice sounded so full and sweet to your ears. You almost teared. "Hello auntie. It's been 5 years since we last met...at..."

"Your mum's funeral." Your aunt managed to choke out. She pulled away from the hug and tear brimmed at her eyes. She touched your face with both her hands and gently squished your cheeks.

"So glad you're safe." She whispered, heaving a sigh. "Of course I am," You held her arm with your left hand. "I'm Kim Kyu Ra's daughter."


"He's okay right? Doing decent business now?" She asked, concerned. I nodded happily. "I'm happy for dad."

 

~

 

It was 8PM after your visit. You couldn't bear to leave but your aunt assure you that she'll visit you soon. "Goodnight and have a safe walk back to Central Seoul. Keep yourself safe, it's dark out. The people here are not very nice, especially the boys your age." She shuddered while talking.

I smiled. "I can take care of myself, auntie. Have a good night!" You waved and started to stroll back.

It only take 10 minutes to get across the border to Central Seoul.

After 5 minutes of walking, you heard some bushes rustle and you turned. Your guard was up. Seeing nothing, you continued to walk back a little bit faster.

You felt a gentle wind behind you and stopped.

"Hey, cutie." Someone whispered into your ear.

You clenched your fist, preparing to swing at whoever it was. You slowly turned and at the last moment, you held up your fist but he grabbed it, stopping you.

"Whoa, whoa. It's me."

You narrowed your eyes and L.Joe. "Ugh, you again." You put down your fist and rolled your eyes. "I knew you would come for me. Come on, you wanna fight again right?"

"Again? What do you mean? We only met once in school. And you don't look like the kind who would fight......" L.Joe eyed you up and down, stepping back a little.

*HOLY CRAP.*

You totally forgot about it. You coughed and cleared your throat. "U-um.....Let's pretend that last minute never existed. What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?! You're not from the south." L.Joe glared at you. "I just came to visit someone. I'm going back now." You started to walk away from this useless conversation. L.Joe was annoying you, SO SO much.

You detested him. You HATED him. You guys were rivals since forever. Oh, just that he doesn't know that.

"Wait!" He yelled. You stopped in your tracks, not bothering to turn around. "I'll walk you home safely." He caught up with you. "Let's go?" L.Joe tilted his head in the direction of the border. You sighed. "Only this time." You agreed and followed him.

 

~

 

"Well, thanks." you shrugged and crossed the border into the central. He waved to you and walked back to the south. You checked your watch - holy crap, it's 8.30PM. You're late for dinner, and aside from that, you're gonna be home later than your dad.

He's gonna be pissed.

"Stupid L.Joe." You muttered under your breath. "Wasting my time."

"Well hey hey, look what we have here?!" Someone voiced out into the darkness. You stepped back and your ears twitched. "A pretty girl yeah? Come on mate." A guys with a heavy accent replied.

Two guys who wore outrageous outfits walked towards you. You eyed them from head to toe, scowling. Glittery colourful block jackets and pants?! Seriously??????

Your eyes narrowed and your fists started to clench but something struck you - you weren't X right now. You're a weak little puny girl who's about to get .

You're not letting 5 years of hiding behind a mask get exposed because of two disgusting lameasses. *But I don't wanna get too...*

 

 They walked and circled around you, eyeing you, touching your arms.

You closed your eyes and prayed to God. * this.....*

They pushed you harshly against the wall and you yelped. They chuckled and wiped their lips with their thumbs. One of them carressed your face but you struggled.

"You don't wanna mess with me." You growled. "Feisty." The other one smirked.

He slapped you across the face and your screamed in pain. It wasn't painful at all - you felt even more painful experiences before this. You even had a huge scar on your back to prove it.

But your identity wasn't X then. It's Kim Hana. A normal teenage girl.

 You fell onto the floor, on your knees and tried to crawl away but one of them grabbed your shoulders and hit you against the wall again, causing you to cough loudly.

You tried to scream HELP but the other dude covered your mouth and nose. "Dude, just her already!" He yelled to his partner, who nodded.

He vigourously kissed your neck and tried to bit it. You wanted to yelp - your rope bruises were still hurting. You struggled harshly and dodged his filthy lips/teeth for a while but you couldn't help but cry this time.

His hands slid up your legs and you shook your head, your mind in a flurry. Tears poured down your cheeks.

You contemplated to attack but held yourself back. News travel fast - and you didn't want the whole world to know that you, Kim Hana, is X.